PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger

shonk688
04-10-2009, 11:27 AM
http://www.dg4mip.com/

Danny is on pace to become the only player to improve his scoring by at least five points 3 consecutive seasons.

He is fourth in the NBA in fourth quarter scoring.

Sixth in league scoring.

Had career highs in assist, blocked shots, Free throws made and attempted, and free throw percentage, and 3 point field goal percentage.

Could have the highest scoring average in Pacers history since 1976-77.

Has made more 3 pointers than Reggie Miller made in his first 4 seasons. Wow.

On pace to finish 2nd in franchise history in 3 pointers made in a season behind only reggie miller.

I think that is worth Most improved player. How about you guys? If you think he should get it you can show your support and sign the petition on the link I put up.

_Sn1P3r_
04-10-2009, 11:44 AM
It's a battle between him and Harris pretty much this season.

JIDsanity
04-10-2009, 11:52 AM
You can't sign a petition to get him to win it, because then it wouldn't really be him wining it now would it? Its not fair to competition

shonk688
04-10-2009, 12:22 PM
You can't sign a petition to get him to win it, because then it wouldn't really be him wining it now would it? Its not fair to competition

It's just to show support.:rolleyes:

Steven A. Smith
04-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Yeah, if i had a vote it'd be Granger for M.I.P [ Most Improved Player ]

dtmagnet
04-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Top 3- Devin Harris and Danny Granger are in a tight race, with Andrea Bargnani close behind.

Hawkeye15
04-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Devin this year

shonk688
04-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Danny Granger's Stats
G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF TOT APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
63 62 35.9 .445 .401 .885 .70 4.30 5.10 2.8 .95 1.44 2.49 3.20 25.3

Indiana Pacers 34-44

Devin Harris's Stats
G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF TOT APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
67 67 36.4 .439 .292 .820 .40 3.00 3.40 7.0 1.67 .19 3.10 2.40 21.8

New Jersey Nets 32-46

:)

superkegger
04-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Granger is definitely deserving. I think as long as we're talking about it, Durant should be mentioned.

Wake's Fastball
04-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Granger is definitely deserving. I think as long as we're talking about it, Durant should be mentioned.

That was exactly my thought upon opening the thread. I'd honestly give the award to Durant over Harris or Granger. Harris and Granger's PPG improvement can be chalked up in large part due to the fact that they're taking more shots... both guys have actually had a dip in their shooting percentages. Durant got crap last year for having such a low FG%, and it's gone up a ton this season.

tcm746
04-10-2009, 03:14 PM
hes just a scorer and thats it..hes not a team leader I rather have ben gordon

superkegger
04-10-2009, 03:15 PM
That was exactly my thought upon opening the thread. I'd honestly give the award to Durant over Harris or Granger. Harris and Granger's PPG improvement can be chalked up in large part due to the fact that they're taking more shots... both guys have actually had a dip in their shooting percentages. Durant got crap last year for having such a low FG%, and it's gone up a ton this season.

Yeah, 5ppg improvement, fg% from .430 to .478, and went from .288 3pt % to .423%, 4.4 rpg to 6.5 rpg, fro 5.6 ftapg to 7.2, PER from 15.8 to 21.0, 2.4 win shares to 7.8 :speechless:

MTone8788
04-10-2009, 03:16 PM

Yeah because someone who averages a steal and a block and a half a game is just a scorer, thats it.

Not.

MiamiHeat
04-10-2009, 03:22 PM

you go ahead and take ben gordon, I'll take Granger and let's see how many wins your team has with gordon being your team leader

tcm746
04-10-2009, 03:31 PM
ummm how many wins does indiana has this year as granger as there team lader

superkegger
04-10-2009, 03:38 PM

Who has never been the leader of his team, and even been put in the 6th man role? Who couldn't get an extension for the amount of money he wanted because he thought he was better than he was? Why is a rookie the leader of the bulls and not Gordon?

Please dude. Gordon is a fine complimentray scorer, nothing more. Granger has shown the whole package this year as a franchise player but just doesn't have a whole lot of talent around him.

EX-TREME
04-10-2009, 05:20 PM

:pity: please you got to be kidding me

Kakaroach
04-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Nah its gotta be Devin Harris. To me, Granger is just like Howard. They have been improving consistently over the past few years, not a big jump this year. Its gotta be Harris.

dre1990
04-10-2009, 05:24 PM
I cant Chose

shonk688
04-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Who has never been the leader of his team, and even been put in the 6th man role? Who couldn't get an extension for the amount of money he wanted because he thought he was better than he was? Why is a rookie the leader of the bulls and not Gordon?

Please dude. Gordon is a fine complimentray scorer, nothing more. Granger has shown the whole package this year as a franchise player but just doesn't have a whole lot of talent around him.

Yeah tcm746 doesn't know what he is talking about. Just because the pacers aren't that good this year has nothing to do with how good Danny is. Look at the Lakers and Kobe's record when he went through those years without all the talent they have now. Plus granger has hit several last second shot to win it. Not every player has that killer instinct.

XJW18
04-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I like Danny Granger, Definately in my top 5 players that i like to watch play!

ackar
04-10-2009, 06:00 PM
i can see him getting the award but there are a few other out there who could win it also. i am almost sold on Granger being the next superstar but he needs to will his team to win in that Kobe, Lebron, Wade mode.

Chronz
04-10-2009, 06:29 PM

About as many as Kobe Bryant had the year Shaq left

zachattach
04-10-2009, 07:06 PM
i have one thing i dont like about this award, it often goes to guys who are just straight ballers, guys that everyone knew were going to be impact players. i look at a guy like von wafer who has veen in the league for awhile and has bounced around and now has a role with a winning team or like some else said a guy like A Barnijni (dont no how to spell his last name). we all knew Danny Granger, Kevjn Durant, and Devin Harris were going to be awesome. andrea bargani was beginning to look like a bust, until he stepped his game up this season

shonk688
04-10-2009, 07:16 PM
About as many as Kobe Bryant had the year Shaq left

:nod:Yep thats what I said too. One player cant do it all himself.

i have one thing i dont like about this award, it often goes to guys who are just straight ballers, guys that everyone knew were going to be impact players. i look at a guy like von wafer who has veen in the league for awhile and has bounced around and now has a role with a winning team or like some else said a guy like A Barnijni (dont no how to spell his last name). we all knew Danny Granger, Kevjn Durant, and Devin Harris were going to be awesome. andrea bargani was beginning to look like a bust, until he stepped his game up this season

I dont disagree with that at all.

dolfan720
04-10-2009, 09:27 PM
I love that guy hes so talented im watching him kick *** right now!

BluejaysFan08
04-10-2009, 09:39 PM
It's just to show support.:rolleyes:

Because Granger is ever going to heere about this right?

HoosierDaddy
04-10-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't think that Durant should get it. He was a rookie last year, this is his sophomore season. You are supposed to be improved your sophomore season compared to your rookie. It goes without saying.

Ben Gordon vs Granger? Please....

Granger should get Most Improved Player in my opinion. However, I agree with the above point that guys like Von Wafer are overlooked. I mean how was he last year compared to this year? Big Improvement. It's a good point.

But I think Granger should get it. Also, he's double teamed and defenses key on Granger all the time, and he still puts up those numbers. Other teams can double him because he doesn't have a whole lot of help. But he's still playing at an allstar level

Granger for Most improved :clap:

shonk688
04-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Because Granger is ever going to heere about this right?

Probable not but it is on the pacers websight. Plus Its just trying to show people think he deserves it, Not for Granger himself.

Oh and I heard on the Cavs Boston game today that LBJ or Rondo should win most improved. How can someone that was a MVP canidate from last year be in the conversation for this award. Maybe MVP but not MIP. I dont know about Rondo though. Did he improve that much from last year?:confused: Because if I remember right he was damn good last year too.

VCaintdead17
04-12-2009, 06:16 PM

Congratulations.:clap: You've just been nominated for quote of the month for may, and me being a pacer fan, you might get it.

Anyways, while Harris and Durant would both be fine winners in my book, I gotta go with Granger. Obviously his scoring has dramatically improved. But people don't realize he has stepped up in many other ways as well. Especially defensively, he has turned into a good defender this year and I expect him to get even better, and turn into a Shawn Marion type player on the defensive end. Also, he has shown some new found leadership by understanding his role on the Pacers, accepting it, and playing it well. While Durants defense is shaky, and Harris has not proved he can lead his squad yet. (that's why VC is still there).

Just my viewpoint

Jacob K.
04-12-2009, 06:35 PM
I don't think that Durant should get it. He was a rookie last year, this is his sophomore season. You are supposed to be improved your sophomore season compared to your rookie. It goes without saying.

Ben Gordon vs Granger? Please....

Granger should get Most Improved Player in my opinion. However, I agree with the above point that guys like Von Wafer are overlooked. I mean how was he last year compared to this year? Big Improvement. It's a good point.

But I think Granger should get it. Also, he's double teamed and defenses key on Granger all the time, and he still puts up those numbers. Other teams can double him because he doesn't have a whole lot of help. But he's still playing at an allstar level

Granger for Most improved :clap:

i see your guys point, but to be MIP goes from being good to great. really who has improved more, granger/harris/bargnani or von wafer?