PDA

View Full Version : Plain Dealer sais Sanchez, Kiper sais Crabtree

cle12152433
04-09-2009, 04:48 PM
So as Im sure many of you have heard, it sounds like the Browns will seriously consider QB Mark Sanchez at numer 5. Also, in Mel Kiper's latest mock draft, he sees the Browns taking Michael Crabtree....

As that one dude on our forum says.....

What say you?

Kokasaurus
04-09-2009, 05:03 PM
I think that the Browns are doing an excellent job at trying to get someone to trade up for #5. Now we just need to spread more rumors about taking an OT...

TheSnowman
04-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Yep. I think this is misinformation and as long as we have Brady Quinn on our roster, Sanchez will not be drafted by us. It'll help if people think we want him though, I'd love to see us trade down with Denver, or even Philly, I'll bet we could get Philly's 21 and 28 as long as monroe or smith are there.

rhaas74
04-09-2009, 05:14 PM
I think that the Browns are doing an excellent job at trying to get someone to trade up for #5. Now we just need to spread more rumors about taking an OT...

I agree that we are just trying to get teams worried about who will be available. The good news is that Jacksonville is doing the exact same thing, which will make teams nervous even more.

Another thing about the Kiper mock is that he has Matthews falling to us in the second round. If he actually fell into our laps I would be in heaven.

cle12152433
04-09-2009, 06:02 PM
rhaas do you have insdider? FYI I used to but cancelled it so now I can only see the top 15 picks...

rhaas74
04-09-2009, 08:39 PM
rhaas do you have insdider? FYI I used to but cancelled it so now I can only see the top 15 picks...

Yes I do, and his new mock just came up today.

For the record he has us taking:
#5 - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
#36 - Clay Matthews, OLB, USC
50 - LeSean McCoy, RB, Pitt
104 - Corey Francis, CB, San Jose St.

reddog830
04-10-2009, 11:54 PM
For some reason I'm hoping we don't take crabtree unless we somehow get another 1st round pick.... I'm not saying I want edwards gone and for Crabtree to step in but that would seem to be the only logical reason for us to take him....yea it would be a good 1 - 2 punch with 2 strong receivers but that's not helping our defense at all which means more games of 200 yards rushing against our defense in 2009???? Maybe we just take Sanchez and not trade any of our QB's....lol j/k

Kody
04-11-2009, 09:47 AM
No way the Browns will take Sanchez, if they do they better trade one of our other QB's for a first rounder which won't happen.

I really think Crabtree would be an amazing pickup if he's on the board. #5 is too high for Orakpo in my opinion, but if you get Crabtree it frees up our offense.

Remember last year when Winslow got hurt and teams kept putting double coverage on Braylon and how ineffective our offense was? not scoring a touchdown in like the last 4 games? or something to that effect. Also if the Browns do take crabtree they have a good chance to still get a relally good pass rusher in the second round along with a RB

Also the defense last year wasn't as bad as people are saying, its just they were on the field longer then the grass. No defense can stop people when they are constantly on the field because your offense can't produce anything not even a sustainable drive.

Essex Ace
04-11-2009, 11:40 AM
No way the Browns will take Sanchez, if they do they better trade one of our other QB's for a first rounder which won't happen.

I really think Crabtree would be an amazing pickup if he's on the board. #5 is too high for Orakpo in my opinion, but if you get Crabtree it frees up our offense.

Remember last year when Winslow got hurt and teams kept putting double coverage on Braylon and how ineffective our offense was? not scoring a touchdown in like the last 4 games? or something to that effect. Also if the Browns do take crabtree they have a good chance to still get a relally good pass rusher in the second round along with a RB

Also the defense last year wasn't as bad as people are saying, its just they were on the field longer then the grass. No defense can stop people when they are constantly on the field because your offense can't produce anything not even a sustainable drive.

Couldn't agree more...Crabtree, Sintim, Moala...improves the O and D tremendously

17td
04-11-2009, 01:47 PM
I know we need defense help but i think we have too take crabtree,i agree with kiper. We can't afford too take a chance on a player that might be a bust like orapko,we drafted enough bust players in the past.Even if we keep edwards i would definately take crabtree, too much potential too let him go.

rhaas74
04-12-2009, 08:45 AM
If we were able to get Matthews in the second round like Kiper is now projecting then I would love the pick of Crabtree. That is a really big risk though.

kosar4president
04-12-2009, 03:19 PM
I would rather have Stafford and it looks like we will get him

gobrownsgo66
04-12-2009, 06:06 PM
If we can get McCoy at #50 that will be fantastic

reddog830
04-12-2009, 10:26 PM
So we get Stafford to take 3 steps back!!!!! super, didn't think we could dig a deeper hole then we are already in..... no help for the offense or defense this draft is gonna be sweet..... Mattews more then likely won't be there in the 2nd round i'm guessing.... i'm gonna hope though....

rhaas74
04-13-2009, 10:48 AM
I would rather have Stafford and it looks like we will get him

Really? I dont think you could be more wrong. You know what, we should trade with the Lions so that we know we can get him.

Son of Prodigy
04-21-2009, 09:26 PM
We need more picks period. My question is if we trade DA or Quinn and there is a ton of buzz around sanchez and with plenty of good WR's in the draft, do we draft Sanchez strictly to hold him to trade later???

Trying to quickly think of a similar situation but something like the eli to chargers and then a couple picks later he is traded. (granted that trade was different for many reasons)

I think if we drafted him and went to the skins, dan synder would give up alot for him... remember the skins buy their players, they dont care for picks as much as most teams.

I also think that it would be a stupid decision unless we had a guarantee from a team because if we got stuck with him we would be SOL.

Thoughts?

kosar4president
04-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Really? I dont think you could be more wrong. You know what, we should trade with the Lions so that we know we can get him.

Sorry,
I was misled there. I would rather have Stafford then Sanchez. If I had to choose.

dogpound88
04-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Crabtree please..
First off everyone is so concerned with the defense. Our offense was so god awful last year we nearly had the most 3 and outs in the entire NFL. Any defense will give up 100+ rush yards a game when the time of possession ratio is 2:1. Not to mention ever since the Browns franchise resurfaced every time we have taken a defensive player within the top 10 he has been a bust.

You can find solid 3-4 rush linebackers.. many of them in the early 2nd round to step in and make a difference whether it be connor barwin, clint sintim, claw matthews jr, larry english, michael johnson, or the countless others who could be good players.

If we get Crabtree we can trade edwards and coupe up 2 more picks from say the giants (eagles maybe) then we can take defense with that pick, or even if Knowshon Moreno or Chris Wells drops (prefer the former) we can take one to address our running back situation. Then take connor barwin or clay matthews with pick 1 2nd round and patrick chung or louis delmas with pick 2 in 2nd. Its rare for defensive players to step in and immediatley impact out of the first round, just too much pressure with less capability to show your impact directly on tape.

DAWGPOUND
04-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Crabtree please..
First off everyone is so concerned with the defense. Our offense was so god awful last year we nearly had the most 3 and outs in the entire NFL. Any defense will give up 100+ rush yards a game when the time of possession ratio is 2:1. Not to mention ever since the Browns franchise resurfaced every time we have taken a defensive player within the top 10 he has been a bust.

You can find solid 3-4 rush linebackers.. many of them in the early 2nd round to step in and make a difference whether it be connor barwin, clint sintim, claw matthews jr, larry english, michael johnson, or the countless others who could be good players.

If we get Crabtree we can trade edwards and coupe up 2 more picks from say the giants (eagles maybe) then we can take defense with that pick, or even if Knowshon Moreno or Chris Wells drops (prefer the former) we can take one to address our running back situation. Then take connor barwin or clay matthews with pick 1 2nd round and patrick chung or louis delmas with pick 2 in 2nd. Its rare for defensive players to step in and immediatley impact out of the first round, just too much pressure with less capability to show your impact directly on tape.

Dogpound...disagree buddy

The defense always adjusts sooner...They react to the ball..thus utilizing there athlietic skills.

The offensive guys are running predetermined plays but...the offense needs to run on cohesion, they often have to adjust to the defense...Oline calls can change at the last second on a creeping SS..

Jerrod Mayo, Patrick Willis, Demeco Ryans...a lot of ROY here

QB's often dont flourish until year 3 or 4

Essex Ace
04-22-2009, 03:06 PM
First off, there is an Offensive and Defensive ROY Award each year. As for your statement about the QB's not adjusting as quickly, 2008 Offensive ROY - Matt Ryan, 2006 - Vince Young, 2004 - Ben Roethlisberger. Predominately though, RB's win the Offensive ROY

dogpound88
04-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Dogpound...disagree buddy

The defense always adjusts sooner...They react to the ball..thus utilizing there athlietic skills.

The offensive guys are running predetermined plays but...the offense needs to run on cohesion, they often have to adjust to the defense...Oline calls can change at the last second on a creeping SS..

Jerrod Mayo, Patrick Willis, Demeco Ryans...a lot of ROY here

QB's often dont flourish until year 3 or 4

Honestly I don't see why you disagree... all three of those players were not selected in the top 10 picks of the draft and are Linebackers! We pick fifth not tenth or eleventh. If you want defense so bad at 5 who will u pick? Orakpo? Raji? Both are possible busts... Crabtree on the other hand is going to be a standout in the NFL and I doubt many people would contest that.

Demeco Ryans was drafted in the second round. Thus proving my point defensive talent can be found in the early 2nd round. Yea... the offense has to adjust to the defense but I don't see how that applies to us being 3rd in the NFL in 3 and outs. My point is any defense will suck when their offense can't hold on to the ball for 2 consecutive series. Coincedentally the Ravens and Steelers are among leage LEADERS in TOP thus giving their defense time to rest and make big plays. Draft Crabtree trade Edwards, get a late first rounder and draft defense with THAT pick instead.

Let me rephrase this ending point...... Crabtree will be a better NFL player than Orakpo or Raji IMO nuff said.