PDA

View Full Version : CP3 To the Mavs----The Most Ridiculous report i have ever seen

Big Quett
04-09-2009, 12:28 PM
I was surfing the net reading some basketball news and reports and came across some of the dumbest reporting and writing i have ever seen.

The thought has apparently crossed Mark Cuban's mind. Rumor has it the Mavs brass let the powers that be in the Big Easy know before the trade deadline that they'd take the Hornets' two worst contracts off their hands in a package with Paul.

Cuban can put together a heck of a bailout package for the Hornets, the bulk of which would consist of the expiring contracts of Jerry Stackhouse, Josh Howard and Erick Dampier.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/04/getting-chris-paul-could-be-plan-a-for-m.html

So your telling me you trade the hands down best point guard in the league and a top 5 player overall for ERIKA DAMPIER.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? I fell out of my damn chair when i saw this. Even Mark Cuban can't be that dam stupid to believe he can pull this off. I mean even the most optimistic mavs fans cant believe this is even a possibility.

And the funniest thing is that the writer says this would be plan A like this is even an option. That is just like saying you would consider trading for Dwayne Wade, Kobe or Lebron. Of course if it was a possibility of getting those guys for trash you would do it.

JayW_1023
04-09-2009, 12:32 PM
CP3 and Nowitzki would make a lethal 1-2 punch...if Dirk was the PF instead of West, New Orleans would've been a legit title contender instead of a good playoff team.

VCaintdead17
04-09-2009, 12:39 PM
LMAO, that's funny.

Here is another ridiculous one from last season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/28659-dwayne-wade-trade-sad-but-true

Sounds like quite a plan. lol

madiaz3
04-09-2009, 12:41 PM
If the Hornets regress after this season as much as they did from last year to this year, it may be or have been in the best interest of the franchise to have spending money, could be related to the city and still recovering economy of New Orleans and the U.S.'s, or I could just be totally wrong. Who knows!

Also I agree about CP3 and Dirk being a huge upgrade over CP3 and West.

mike_noodles
04-09-2009, 12:46 PM
I was surfing the net reading some basketball news and reports and came across some of the dumbest reporting and writing i have ever seen.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/04/getting-chris-paul-could-be-plan-a-for-m.html

So your telling me you trade the hands down best point guard in the league and a top 5 player overall for ERIKA DAMPIER.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? I fell out of my damn chair when i saw this. Even Mark Cuban can't be that dam stupid to believe he can pull this off. I mean even the most optimistic mavs fans cant believe this is even a possibility.

And the funniest thing is that the writer says this would be plan A like this is even an option. That is just like saying you would consider trading for Dwayne Wade, Kobe or Lebron. Of course if it was a possibility of getting those guys for trash you would do it.

I laughed when I read this also, for the simple fact that IF New Orleans was going to trade CP3, all 29 teams would put forth an offer. And they report this like Dallas has the inside track. I'd trade the whole Raps squad save Bargs and Matrix for CP3 and two bad contracts.

eugene
04-09-2009, 12:58 PM
LMAO, that's funny.

Here is another ridiculous one from last season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/28659-dwayne-wade-trade-sad-but-true

Sounds like quite a plan. lol

Arenas, Mayo and Ricky Davis starting?? That's really funny... I guess they would be fighting for a ball :D :D :D And the coach would be like: Stop stop!! Girls!! Giiiiirls stop fighting!! Gilberta you will shoot next time!!

Big Quett
04-09-2009, 01:29 PM
If the Hornets regress after this season as much as they did from last year to this year, it may be or have been in the best interest of the franchise to have spending money, could be related to the city and still recovering economy of New Orleans and the U.S.'s, or I could just be totally wrong. Who knows!

Also I agree about CP3 and Dirk being a huge upgrade over CP3 and West.
All of that might be true. I think they may have money troubles. But to trade the only player worth spending your money for is not the way to go.They would be creating more financial problems. CP3 sells tickets. How many people would show up to games without Paul?

I laughed when I read this also, for the simple fact that IF New Orleans was going to trade CP3, all 29 teams would put forth an offer. And they report this like Dallas has the inside track. I'd trade the whole Raps squad save Bargs and Matrix for CP3 and two bad contracts.

Yea that was my point too.

jimbobjarree
04-09-2009, 01:44 PM
haha..I'm sure the Hornets could ship Paul out East and get expirings, picks and budding stars for Paul instead of sending him to that dump in their own division

Big Quett
04-09-2009, 02:04 PM
haha..I'm sure the Hornets could ship Paul out East and get expirings, picks and budding stars for Paul instead of sending him to that dump in their own division

Yeah i didnt even think of the fact that is was there own division. But to think you could get a true superstar based on a package with Erik Dampier, Josh Howard is just ridiculous and arrogant even for Mark Cuban. And plus they cant even offer draft picks since they sent 2 1st rounders to the Nets

DrDEADalready
04-09-2009, 02:05 PM
CP3 can come to utah. and be a great back up for Deron williams. :D

thedfactor
04-09-2009, 02:58 PM
WOW.

Source:

thedfactor
04-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Teams in division making huge trades is rare, but this would be wild for the Mavericks.

abe_froman
04-09-2009, 03:04 PM
and the honets brass almost die of laughing at cuban for even calling to suggest it

Mr.ATLHawks
04-09-2009, 03:08 PM
If N.O. let CP3 go anywhere they have lost their m!@#$% f*&^%$# minds. Plus didnt he just sign and extension?

superkegger
04-09-2009, 03:10 PM
this is a mavs blog, written by a mavs fan. Not realistic, at all.

/thread

Hawkeye15
04-09-2009, 03:11 PM
give me a break. NO wouldn't trade him for anyone except maybe LeBron, and probably not even then

horry1ur
04-09-2009, 03:14 PM
First Shaq, then CP3 Lol who next? LeBron?? haha the writer of this Mavs blog is a joke

KG2TB
04-09-2009, 03:23 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

Good luck...

IRUAM #21
04-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Not happening

CP3 The Great
04-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Funny Joke now you can wake up cp3 is the last player in the league that will get traded, why would they trade their franchise changer away when he has been nothing but a superstar.

MagicBucsSox
04-09-2009, 03:36 PM
he isnt even a FA til '13

BTownTeamsRKing
04-09-2009, 03:39 PM
this is the stupidest proposal i have ever heard.
i trully mean that.

if i were the Hornets FO and some idiot from Dallas came calling with this, I would gather the entire organization around a speaker phone and just have everyone laugh.

then propose a swap of NO's 2nd round pick for Jason Terry since hes old.

Vinny642
04-09-2009, 03:41 PM
YEa RIGHT We giving CP away na, if we did I'd probably give up watching the Hornets.

abe_froman
04-09-2009, 03:43 PM
he isnt even a FA til '13

naw,the write says in a trade because mav would be willing to take back a bad contract...and because of that the hornets will go along with it

_Sn1P3r_
04-09-2009, 03:52 PM
CP going to Dallas? Nahh. But CP and Dirk would be a killer duo.

Hellcrooner
04-09-2009, 03:56 PM
not posible, but you should never say never.

otherwise you may end up looking stupid like in Kwame brwon for Gasol.

THE MTL
04-09-2009, 03:56 PM
LMFAO! Chris Paul and Lebron James are THE TWO MOST UNTRADEABLE GUYS in the league. They are both young and perennial MVP candidates. Chris Paul is the best point guard in the league and Top 5 player in the game today. There is no such value for Chris Paul. Not even a bailout package would make sense.

Living Legend
04-09-2009, 04:00 PM
What a great owner

Hustla23
04-09-2009, 04:07 PM
This is the stupidest thing I seriously ever read.

thephoenixson28
04-09-2009, 04:18 PM
They were saying that mark cuban is trying to pull together a somwhat like pau gasol for kwame brown trade but if the hornets were to do this it wouldn't even compare to that they would be getting raped without a condom no lube just straight *********.

Kyben36
04-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Im not surprise they are going to Pursue him. Hell, The bulls could Pursue Lebron, Doesnt mean we will have a chance to get him.

Jacob K.
04-09-2009, 04:26 PM
They were saying that mark cuban is trying to pull together a somwhat like pau gasol for kwame brown trade but if the hornets were to do this it wouldn't even compare to that they would be getting raped without a condom no lube just straight *********.

and then some

malley03
04-09-2009, 04:41 PM
nice

YankeeFan89
04-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Haha Dallas..

jimbobjarree
04-09-2009, 04:46 PM
to make this even more ********, they wouldnt trade him within their conference let alone within the same division

EastCoastBaller
04-09-2009, 04:48 PM
He just signed a extension for like 4 years

EastCoastBaller
04-09-2009, 04:50 PM
This is pretty much saying Boston are interest in LeBron James...

defender4m
04-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Not a chance at all

showtym24
04-09-2009, 04:57 PM
mavs fans cant keep dreaming

thephoenixson28
04-09-2009, 05:03 PM
and then some Then after that try to get some from the memphis grizzles, and we all know how much they liked it. Maybe have a threesome

SMS07
04-09-2009, 05:05 PM
cp3 for d-will! hornets would be better because d-will is better than cp3

stevec6
04-09-2009, 05:07 PM
foolish thread

BSD8393
04-09-2009, 05:37 PM

whoa. that is intense.

Vinny642
04-09-2009, 05:42 PM
cp3 for d-will! hornets would be better because d-will is better than cp3

ignoranous comment, cp3 fits the hornets style and dwill fits jazz's; u know u like that word ignoranous

dtmagnet
04-09-2009, 05:49 PM
If they think the Hornets are in a bad financial situation now, just imagine what would happen if they traded away the only reason people watch the Hornets play.

thedfactor
04-09-2009, 06:01 PM
If they think the Hornets are in a bad financial situation now, just imagine what would happen if they traded away the only reason people watch the Hornets play.
No, I think more people would come to watch Damp and Josh...

Yeah, completely joking. You have excellent point

Vinny642
04-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I would go crazy if Cp left the Hornets, i mean going to the insane penetentiary
my fav athlete in history traded right before his prime, omg

#1Mavericksfan
04-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Not many teams are going to take Chandler and Stojakovic huge contract but if the Hornets can find a team that can take both then the Hornets might let Paul go....I not getting my hopes up for Paul because I got my hopes up for Josh Smith and he's still on the Hawks.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
04-09-2009, 06:33 PM
ya this is gonna happen, u could trade me kidd dirk and howard an i would still say no for cp3

IversonIsKrazy
04-09-2009, 06:36 PM
CP3 for Dirk, Jo-ho, Kidd

If the salary worked and hornets only gave up cp3 for those 3 players, and i was the hornets GM, I STILL WOULDNT DO IT.

VCaintdead17
04-09-2009, 06:48 PM
lol. I love how they wouldnt even be giving up Dirk too.

That would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever

happen.

MJ-BULLS
04-09-2009, 07:15 PM
no i cant see the hornets trading cp3

thedfactor
04-09-2009, 07:56 PM
You sound like quite the fagg0t. I'm guessing you're a Jazz fan? Anyway, by calling the Mavericks a "dump" shows you have no idea.

I'm mean seriously, how can you speak? Who is your team? Dallas has made the playoffs now for the 9th consecutive season.

You might counter that by saying they've come out empty in all 9, but that's not the point. A Dump organization doesn't make it 9 straight years. Dumps would include teams like the Clippers.

Big Quett
04-10-2009, 03:32 AM
Not many teams are going to take Chandler and Stojakovic huge contract but if the Hornets can find a team that can take both then the Hornets might let Paul go....I not getting my hopes up for Paul because I got my hopes up for Josh Smith and he's still on the Hawks.

You seriously cant be that naive?

Every team in the league would do that trade especially if they didnt even have to give up there best player.

And i think the hornets can get much better players than Josh Howard and Dampier. Along with with young players and draft pics. Both of which the Mavs dont have.

MagicBucsSox
04-10-2009, 11:03 AM
naw,the write says in a trade because mav would be willing to take back a bad contract...and because of that the hornets will go along with it

in exchange for....................

BlondeBomber41
04-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Its an absolutely ridiculous article, no need to argue about it.

KB24PG16
04-10-2009, 12:19 PM
i heard a report that the lakers are going to trade adam morrison and luke walton for cp3

thephoenixson28
04-10-2009, 12:41 PM
i heard a report that the lakers are going to trade adam morrison and luke walton for cp3 I wouldn't doubt it someone is giving good head jobs cuz after I seen that trade for gasol someone has to be doing something right or wrong he he.

GHOSTSNIPER
04-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Who did L.A. trade away for the best all-around big man in the league?Forgot,ha?Not that this will happen,but I've seen crazier moves.

thephoenixson28
04-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Who did L.A. trade away for the best all-around big man in the league?Forgot,ha?Not that this will happen,but I've seen crazier moves. I don't know if your talking about me but I know who he got traded for. brown and I think evans. We would give a lot better people then dallas. I will give up shaq,j-rich,nash for peja,and cp3 possibly throw in a 1st rounder to the hornets

SF49ers
04-10-2009, 06:24 PM
i heard a report that the lakers are going to trade adam morrison and luke walton for cp3

:laugh2:

Big Quett
04-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Who did L.A. trade away for the best all-around big man in the league?Forgot,ha?Not that this will happen,but I've seen crazier moves.

Gasol is not the best in any catogary in terms of big men. Gasol and CP3 are not even on the same level.

Chris Paul is regarded as the hands down best point guard in the league. And I say it would only be a small argument to say he wasnt.

Nobody considers Gasoft the best bigman in the league. He would barely rank top 5.

IrespectNumber3
04-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Dallas gets CP3
NO gets Dirk Jason Kidd Josh Howard

....still not a fair trade to me

EX-TREME
04-11-2009, 09:58 AM
:pity:

lorenz00
04-11-2009, 02:54 PM
not going to happen.. Chris paul is one of the elite !

Flash812
04-11-2009, 09:17 PM
People really don't understand that the hornets are not in bad financial Shape. They are not taking 7 million dollars that the state of LA could pay them, although they did take the NBA loan money just look at some of the other teams that took it, I believe Boston was in that group. The Hornets have a minority owner that has all the money a person could want and would buy the whole team if Shinn let him, he will not allow CP3 to be traded nor would any other person in the franchise. I am a full season ticket holder and me as well as about 10,000 people would cancel our tickets if Paul was ever traded for anyone who's name is not Lebron James or Dwayne Wade and we know those teams are not trading their players, plus I would still be dissapointed becuase I like Paul so much. I have a pretty good feeling CP will be with the hornets either his whole carreer or atleast until he is out of his prime.