04-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Good news for Lakers fans.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4053471

Kyle N.
04-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Yay?

VCaintdead17
04-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Should make the matchup more intense. I think it might come down to how well Nene and Bynum play. It will be a close match up at center IMO.

But I still got nene.

Kohaku
04-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Bad news for nuggets fans.

Lost Art
04-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Good news for the Lakers..........bad news for everyone else :D

I wonder how long it will take him to shake off the rust? Wonder if these 4 games before the playoffs is enough?

JordansBulls
04-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Good news for Lakers fans.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4053471

That is good to here. The two top teams out west fully healthy before the playoff.

goku
04-08-2009, 11:09 PM
atleast 6-7 games its harder for a big man

Vinny642
04-08-2009, 11:12 PM
uh oh big bynum coming back, guess who else might return soon, Tyson Chandler :D
All the big people getting rdy for playoffs

still1ballin
04-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssss

Vinny642
04-08-2009, 11:16 PM
u overwhelmed?

superkegger
04-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Good news for the Lakers..........bad news for everyone else :D

I wonder how long it will take him to shake off the rust? Wonder if these 4 games before the playoffs is enough?

It'll have to be. Don't think it'll matter too much though. His presence alone, and what he brings on the defensive side of the ball will be enough for the first round and probably the second round as well. By the time the WCF's roll around, he should be rocking and ready to go.

That is good to here. The two top teams out west fully healthy before the playoff.

:confused: The Spurs aren't healthy....

madiaz3
04-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Nuggets will probably look to make a statement this game, then again so will the new(old)-look lakers.

JJ81
04-09-2009, 06:15 AM

Yeah but it's only his first game back

hotdogbun
04-09-2009, 06:32 AM
nah sun yue is still injured so we are not 100% healthy lol

JayW_1023
04-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Uggh...when Bynum makes a healthy return the Lakers will be filthy good...that second line of defense will put them over the top...especially if Jackson convinces Bynum to focus on defense and rebounding throughout the playoffs.

DenButsu
04-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Weirdly, this thread isn't letting me navigate to page 2 (I even went in manually and pasted in "&page=2" at eh end of the url and... nothing).

I take it as an omen that Bynum is still really, really rusty and won't be able to make a meaningful contribution against the Nuggets.

king4day
04-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Considering the powers in the west that are injured, this couldn't come at a better time for LA.
If he can mesh quickly and get his wind back, LA will mow through the West.

EX-TREME
04-09-2009, 10:25 AM
the lakers got everything now to win the finals. all they need to do is play good ball and stay healthy

x_notorious
04-09-2009, 10:29 AM
A beat reporter from the Lakers was on Cold Pizza (I know they change the name, I just forgot what's it called) and he said Bynum is most likely going to play 10-15 minutes. Not much of an impact, yet. He's gradually going to get more playing time game by game and by the time the playoffs start, he should see around 30+ minutes.

JayW_1023
04-09-2009, 10:31 AM
A beat reporter from the Lakers was on Cold Pizza (I know they change the name, I just forgot what's it called) and he said Bynum is most likely going to play 10-15 minutes. Not much of an impact, yet. He's gradually going to get more playing time game by game and by the time the playoffs start, he should see around 30+ minutes.

^^^

Nice avatar...hopefully this starts a trend around here :smoking:

If Bynum gets his groove back without wanting to do too much...the Lakers will by far have to most talent of any playoff team.

superkegger
04-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Weirdly, this thread isn't letting me navigate to page 2 (I even went in manually and pasted in "&page=2" at eh end of the url and... nothing).
I take it as an omen that Bynum is still really, really rusty and won't be able to make a meaningful contribution against the Nuggets.

same here.

theimortalone
04-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Interesting.

snickers
04-09-2009, 05:51 PM

i think it's called first take, yea phil already said that this game well just be a filled out game for bynum.

thedfactor
04-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Hopefully he plays a decent amount and does well. I picked him up for my fantasy championship run so anything decent will be helpful. and of course this is excellent news for the Lakers who really missed his presence last year in the postseason.

KB24PG16
04-09-2009, 06:09 PM
It'll have to be. Don't think it'll matter too much though. His presence alone, and what he brings on the defensive side of the ball will be enough for the first round and probably the second round as well. By the time the WCF's roll around, he should be rocking and ready to go.

:confused: The Spurs aren't healthy....

hes talkin about denver

horry1ur
04-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Have no fear...Bynumite is here :)

bleedprple&gold
04-09-2009, 06:25 PM
hes talkin about denver

As a Laker fan, I have a hard time taking Denver seriously as a contender. After all, they haven't gotten past the first round since that monumental upset over the Sonics in '94 (I still remember Mutombo lying on the court grasping the ball in all but tears after they won)

enitialdee
04-09-2009, 07:47 PM
I want to see everyone on the nugget roster, give bynum a facial....

CP3 The Great
04-09-2009, 08:05 PM
we will see why laker fans THINK they could have had a shot at beating the celtics last year. and why bynum's soooo good he could've hold kevin garnett better the pau gasol, KG cannot be held when healthy just like kobe.

MJ-BULLS
04-09-2009, 08:07 PM
good news for lakers fans :)

enitialdee
04-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Win or lose, someone with a nugget jersey on is gonna welcome bynum back with a facial..

IBleedPurple
04-09-2009, 08:34 PM
As a Laker fan, I have a hard time taking Denver seriously as a contender. After all, they haven't gotten past the first round since that monumental upset over the Sonics in '94 (I still remember Mutombo lying on the court grasping the ball in all but tears after they won)

Teams change, players change. You could say that before last year, the Celtics had struggled in the playoffs, but it wouldn't matter because they changed their roster.

I agree that they have struggled in the playoffs, but at least they have experience. Better than a young Portland team that has not been to the playoffs lately.

Bynum won't affect the rest of the regular season IMO. He'll probably start to gain form halfway through the first round

CP3 The Great
04-09-2009, 08:59 PM

Nice Sig, totally true about the mamba also :clap:

bleedprple&gold
04-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Nice Sig, totally true about the mamba also :clap:

Thanks!

bleedprple&gold
04-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Teams change, players change. You could say that before last year, the Celtics had struggled in the playoffs, but it wouldn't matter because they changed their roster.

I agree that they have struggled in the playoffs, but at least they have experience. Better than a young Portland team that has not been to the playoffs lately.

Yea true, plus this year in Billups they finally have someone who can push them over the first round hump. With him they get a proven winner and leader as well as someone with boatloads of playoffs experience.

LakeShowRaider
04-09-2009, 10:22 PM
This news got me wet!

_Sn1P3r_
04-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Can't wait to watch the game tonight.

ARMIN12NBA
04-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Through the first half, Bynum looks a little rusty as expected. He has 3 points and 4 rebounds, which is great considering his condition is off and he only played 13 minutes. He looked good defensively except for a couple possessions where you could tell he didn't trust the knee to make a move here and there. The biggest hurdle Bynum will have to overcome is the mental hurdle. He has to gain trust in that knee to be able to do anything on the court. That mental aspect comes with time on the floor. So far, I am very happy with what I see.

BigSix316
04-10-2009, 03:29 AM
He looked like the same player that he was pre-injury in the second half. I know it's only one game, but he looked pretty damn good for guy that has missed the last 32 games.

16 pts and 7 rebs on 7/11 shooting in 21 min. Only downside was five fouls.

In the second half, he had 13 pts and 3 rebs on 6/8 shooting in 8:24 of action.

Chaps
04-10-2009, 03:30 AM
Beast

_Sn1P3r_
04-10-2009, 08:48 AM
HE had a nice debut. HE said nothing was bothering him so that was good to hear (if he wasn't lying).

theimortalone
04-10-2009, 08:51 AM
He looked like the same player that he was pre-injury in the second half. I know it's only one game, but he looked pretty damn good for guy that has missed the last 32 games.

16 pts and 7 rebs on 7/11 shooting in 21 min. Only downside was five fouls.

In the second half, he had 13 pts and 3 rebs on 6/8 shooting in 8:24 of action.

Damn! I have to say congrats to Bynum! :clap: That is very impressive. The rest of the NBA is in trouble now... :ohno:

Hotone1401
04-10-2009, 01:30 PM
we will see why laker fans THINK they could have had a shot at beating the celtics last year. and why bynum's soooo good he could've hold kevin garnett better the pau gasol, KG cannot be held when healthy just like kobe.

We Laker fans just don't THINK it we BELIEVE it! It's not so much about holding KG down though, because even though he is a threat, KG has never been the most offensively agressive player (it would be scary if he was). What the Lakers lacked without Bynum is a presence in the middle that could alter shots at the rim and challenge for rebounds. There were countless times last season where the Celtics just got layups at the rim. With Bynum back, all those things will change and whether that adds up to a Title for the Lakers we will see.

still1ballin
04-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Great performance by Bynum last night....he did a lot better than I had expected

AllTheWay
04-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Bynum played pretty damn good....

GoatMilk
04-10-2009, 02:31 PM
a rusty Bynum had 16/9
and Pau still had 27/19
and this was against possibly the biggest threat to the lakers and the hottest team in the League.
:D

superkegger
04-10-2009, 02:33 PM
hes talkin about denver

i'm aware, but if the spurs were healthy, they'd be the second best team in the west.

Bynum played pretty damn good....

That he did. He was shaky in the first half, but had a very good second half.

What it also did though, was not only did he play well, but because he's back, it puts LO to the bench, which makes the bench so much better. And then, in because fish got in foul trouble, shannon brown got minutes, as the first person off the bench, which has nothing to do with Bynum, but because Farmar has no confidence in his shot right now, Brown got run, and played fantastic. We're legitimately 11 deep on the bench, and mbenga can even give you a couple minutes of play if need be. ****ing scary man.

AllTheWay
04-10-2009, 02:39 PM
I know Kegg, it was fantastic, I'm loving Shannon right now, and Congo Cash ain't too bad either.

superkegger
04-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Mbenga is ok like 2-3 minutes at a time. Much more is disastrous.

SF49ers
04-10-2009, 06:20 PM
he played good

ink
04-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Welcome back Bynum!! I want to see the Lakers in the playoffs with a healthy Bynum this year.

still1ballin
04-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Welcome back Bynum!! I want to see the Lakers in the playoffs with a healthy Bynum this year.

:rolleyes:

ink
04-11-2009, 02:47 AM
:rolleyes:

What's that supposed to mean?? :confused: I want to see Bynum in the playoffs to see what the Lakers can do with him on the roster.

AllTheWay
04-11-2009, 04:52 AM
Mbenga is ok like 2-3 minutes at a time. Much more is disastrous.

Are you kidding? he's a budding star!!!!11!!!1!

Ignorant Fool!