PDA

View Full Version : If you are the Nets, do you trade Vince Carter this summer ....

JordansBulls
04-08-2009, 04:47 PM
If you are the Nets, do you trade Vince Carter this summer to clear up space for the following offseason?

I'm not sure who the Nets could get for him unless they did a swap with San Antonio for Manu who contract expires next summer.

I'm just trying to figure out who at this point really needs him? I'm thinking a team like New Orleans would be the best team for him to go to.

IBleedPurple
04-08-2009, 04:50 PM
If I were the Nets, I'd have traded VC a year or two ago, and try and get young players or picks in return.

Now that the '10 FA madness is looming, I say dump his contract however possible. The Rockets may be interested depending on the Artest situtation.

Agree that NO would be good, not sure who else

defender4m
04-08-2009, 04:53 PM
yea we need to clear space but i think they do. theyhave a all star pg and a good center need to work on a pf

abe_froman
04-08-2009, 04:54 PM
you try,dunno if you'd be successful

you have two cornerstone pieces in harris and lopez,you trade vc for pieces to build around them

blackjack_119
04-08-2009, 05:26 PM
The only two possibilities that I can see would be trading him to New Orleans for Peja and a pick or to Houston for T-Mac and a pick. In this market though, I doubt any team would really have an interest in him and his contract.

I don't think San Antonio would trade Manu for him.

I could see an outside chance of a team like OKC taking on his contract for nothing but cap space if they draft a big man and want to start making the playoffs immediately.

QuaLiThADoN
04-08-2009, 05:28 PM
yes < nets fan

Raps08-09 Champ
04-08-2009, 05:30 PM
He was almost traded for T-Mac.

I can see him being traded for Ben Wallace too.

Also I see him being traded for picks and role players who expire at 2010.

zboy
04-08-2009, 05:32 PM
trade vince to the wizards, him and jamison are very close . that team would be very potent next year.

trade:
nets- trade vince

wiz- trade stevenson, songaila, critt, blatche

lineup: arenas
vince
butler
jamison
haywood

29$JerZ
04-08-2009, 05:34 PM
I would mainly because once he has a down season he'll be impossibel to trade.

Trade him while his value is still high and see what happens. I don't know about me but I rather have 17,300,000 to have for the 2010 FA class than a 32 yr old.

BBadger1989
04-08-2009, 05:35 PM
trade vince to the wizards, him and jamison are very close . that team would be very potent next year.

trade:
nets- trade vince

vince
butler
jamison
haywood

That would be truly a dirty lineup.

_Sn1P3r_
04-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Yes it would. ^

But yeah, I'd trade him for some young players and maybe a vet to surround Brook and Harris.

DitchDat
04-08-2009, 05:56 PM
maybe the Cavs.. i'm not sure

Chronz
04-08-2009, 10:50 PM
You play it the same way, see where the Nets are by the 2nd half and see what you can get for him afterwards. I doubt the Hornets will try to make a play, they have CP3's extension kicking in soon, if the team doesnt win big this year there could be some cuts made.

phlp_bj
04-08-2009, 10:59 PM
only if you get young guys/picks. they dont need bad contracts

lorenz00
04-08-2009, 11:30 PM
raptors can you this guy again...? buut will the people welcome him back? i dont think so.. but looks good Carter back in raptors uniform

Sports Illustrator
04-08-2009, 11:35 PM
I would see what I can get for him. He'd be best on a team like the Spurs or the Hornets. I feel that he plays best if he is not the main player on his team or when he's playing with a legitimate PG. I don't know the amount of value that the Nets would get for him, but I know they'd want expiring contracts, at least one prospect or a guy that can contribute, and at least one first round pick.

That trade rumor between the Spurs and the Nets would have been a really good trade for the Nets IMO.

IrespectNumber3
04-08-2009, 11:49 PM
VC is basically Untradable...The heat couldve got him for Marion...but it wouldve hurt...I don't think any growing team would pick his salary up

JordansBulls
04-08-2009, 11:58 PM
What about a Manu for Vince switch?

Sports Illustrator
04-09-2009, 12:01 AM

I highly doubt it because the Spurs are very high on Manu, despite his injuries. You also cannot really put Vince Carter coming off the bench like the way you do with Manu Ginobli. The Nets would like that trade, but I highly doubt the Spurs would. The Spurs didn't even want to include Roger Mason in any trade for Vince Carter.

Jacob K.
04-09-2009, 12:09 AM

trade:
nets- trade vince

vince
butler
jamison
haywood

for that lineup to work youd need to play with at least 3 balls, so they would get their shots

kidfury
04-09-2009, 12:33 AM
raptors can you this guy again...? buut will the people welcome him back? i dont think so.. but looks good Carter back in raptors uniform

colangelo like guys with good character and that in many ppl's opinion would be a no to VC.

akesh99
04-09-2009, 12:56 AM
^ ya and as a fan i would never welcome a quitter back

KG2TB
04-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Obviously you trade him. Should have been traded a season or two ago.

CP3 The Great
04-09-2009, 02:05 AM
The net's won't do that, especially considering the fact that manu ginobili just had a season ending injury vince carter is sometimes inconsistent with his scoring but the man can flat out score.

JayW_1023
04-09-2009, 10:18 AM

Ugh, no chance in hell...even as his role decreases, Manu will remain very valuable as a player.

jimbobjarree
04-09-2009, 10:19 AM
they werent a playoff team this year, they shoulda traded him last offseason for picks and expirings since that is the direction they are going in

agnine
04-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Only if they're moving to Brooklyn and can get LeBron, or if they can get high draft picks in a deep draft. Portland would be perfect.

yojoe792
04-10-2009, 02:18 AM
Yes, trade him.

I think that a Devin Harris - Brook Lopez combo is going to be deadly for years to come. VC appears to me getting in the way of their development.

dtmagnet
04-10-2009, 02:08 PM
I just can't think of any teams that would give anything more than expirings or a late-round pick for him. Unless the Thunder think he could get them in the playoffs next year?

MiamiHeat
04-10-2009, 02:10 PM
he's 32 and he's contract goes all the way through 2011/2012
who's going to want that?

Lions #81
04-10-2009, 02:28 PM
that trade with the wizards would be absolutely sick. they could contend for a high playoff spot

JordansBulls
04-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Ugh, no chance in hell...even as his role decreases, Manu will remain very valuable as a player.

And Vince wouldn't be?

SaimoNETS
04-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Yes, trade him.

I think that a Devin Harris - Brook Lopez combo is going to be deadly for years to come. VC appears to me getting in the way of their development.

uhhh ... no he hasnt. :confused:

VC actually played a big part of their development this year. he took the backseat to Harris all year and when he got injured, VC made sure everyone on the floor got a chance to score.

he may not be the VC of 3 years ago but he's been the best player on the Nets this year with his leadership.

trading him away would be a big mistake b/c everyone on the team looks up to him.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-10-2009, 03:49 PM
I'd wait till the trade deadline next year. If the Nets aren't going anywhere, ship him off for any expiring contract and/or draft picks that they can get.

AllTheWay
04-11-2009, 01:08 AM
New Orleans seems like an excellent fit.

JordansBulls
04-11-2009, 01:11 AM
I'd wait till the trade deadline next year. If the Nets aren't going anywhere, ship him off for any expiring contract and/or draft picks that they can get.

Why wait that long? They can trade him this summer to get an expiring for next year.

ruckus16969
04-11-2009, 01:23 AM
be nice to see him in boston

bostncelts34
04-11-2009, 10:00 AM
I wouldnt. You need a veteran presence on young team. MAYBE if by the trade deadline, they have nothing going, go for it.

Powe/Giddens future pick for Vince :)

JordansBulls
04-11-2009, 02:12 PM
I wouldnt. You need a veteran presence on young team. MAYBE if by the trade deadline, they have nothing going, go for it.

Powe/Giddens future pick for Vince :)

Might as well trade Ben Gordon straight up for him.

MrBloop
04-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Vince is still owed alot of paper.

ramansingh3
04-11-2009, 02:40 PM
They should have traded him last summer, because it is going to be hard to trade a player that is his age and has about 2-3 years left on his contract. I would try to trade him if I were the nets, because it is clear that they are going younger.

heyman321
04-11-2009, 03:18 PM
He would acutally be a perfect fit on the Raptors. But I doubt Colangelo will want his bloated contract and the fan reaction. Man can you imagine if he got back to the Raptors? It would be total mayhem.

wyze
04-11-2009, 03:19 PM
I would love to see Vince back in a raptors jersey. we have young guys that we don't really have all that much of a need for, not to mention one Jason Kapono who still can't seem to find his fit in the Raptors camp. So lets say we give them;

Raptors
Kapono, Banks and sign and trade Joey Graham

for

Vince carter and a 2nd round pick.

Then everyone is happy. Toronto finally has a more than potent wing man to work under colangalo with bosh and Marion(nasty)

and the nets get a pure shooter, a strong player in Joey G who can play the three or the four and a back up point in banks.

everyone smiles.

Kakaroach
04-11-2009, 03:27 PM
New Orleans seems like an excellent fit. x2 Trade Peja maybe? He would do well with Paul there.

theuuord
04-11-2009, 03:49 PM
^ ya and as a fan i would never welcome a quitter back

strange, seeing as Raptors fans welcome back their front office every year.

theuuord
04-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Yes, trade him.

Harris is a near lock for most improved player and Lopez has exceeded everyone's expectations... how is that hindering their development?

VC has been an outstanding leader all year.

and the same rule applies: you get appropriate value, you make the deal. we haven't yet.

defender4m
04-11-2009, 04:00 PM
yea exactly if they get a good deal that will help them out in the long run. than do it. But if not theres no reason to. It seems like the cavs would be interested along with maybe the mavs.

JordansBulls
04-11-2009, 06:16 PM
yea exactly if they get a good deal that will help them out in the long run. than do it. But if not theres no reason to. It seems like the cavs would be interested along with maybe the mavs.

for the Cavs this deal would make the most sense if they don't win the title this year.

IversonIsKrazy
04-11-2009, 07:23 PM
well its going to be for expiring contracts in 2010. IMO this would be the best trade that work both ways.

Hornets Recieve:
Vince Carter - $14.7m - 4 years remaining
Keyon Dooling - $3.3m - 3 years remaining

Nets Recieve:
Tyson Chandler - $11.3m - 2 years remaining
Antonio Daniels - $6.2m - 2 years remaining

dre1990
04-11-2009, 07:35 PM
If I was the Nets i wouldnt have re-signed him a couple years ago. and even if i did, I wouldve traded him last summer, not RJ

kingofkings313
04-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Trade him to wherever, just get some expiring contracts! Don't care who you get in return if your making a run at James, Wade, Bosh, Stoudemire and others! The Nets will have enough to build a nice team that summer, if players are willing to go to the Nets! And they should have a good draft pick that year, since they will probably tank the season losing carter! So a nice draft pick, 1 superstar and about 4 role players or 2 superstars and a role player in 2010 would be great! So dump Carter and theres no point in getting somebody for him, who would eventually leave the Nets and you know theres no way the Nets can win a Title with that team! Get the money and rebuild! I'm sure Bosh would love to go play with Wade or James! Pretty sure he is leaning on doing so!

Another Scenario...trade 4 somebody that has Bird Rights! Sign all your free agents in the summer of 2010! And resign for whomever you traded 4 after u sign your new superstars! You can go over the Cap with a player with bird rights that is on your team! Pretty sure a decent player would love to play alongside James and Wade, or Wade and Stoudemire....Even though I doubt the Nets would be able to sign any of them!

Spurred1
04-11-2009, 08:40 PM
I don't see the Spurs making a swap with the Nets-Manu for Vince. I just get the feeling that he wouldn't fit in with the Spurs. Vince is very talented, I just don't see it working out. But who knows? However, Manu is really valued by the Spurs and their fans.

JordansBulls
04-12-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't see the Spurs making a swap with the Nets-Manu for Vince. I just get the feeling that he wouldn't fit in with the Spurs. Vince is very talented, I just don't see it working out. But who knows? However, Manu is really valued by the Spurs and their fans.

Well with Manu's injuries I can see easily them trading him.

Hawkeye15
04-12-2009, 03:22 PM
I could see the Spurs making a move, but their big 3 are the only high dollar contracts. They would have to trade a few players. So realistically, I can't see the Spurs trading for him. The Nets will most likely just end up keeping him, I can't really think of a team that will trade for Vince, unless they give a long term deal back, which obviously, NJ does not want until after the summer of 2010.

ramansingh3
04-12-2009, 10:10 PM
He would acutally be a perfect fit on the Raptors. But I doubt Colangelo will want his bloated contract and the fan reaction. Man can you imagine if he got back to the Raptors? It would be total mayhem.

I think Vince has matured quite a bit. I used to hate him up until this season and thought its enough hating on him and I think he is the missing piece at the 2 spot. Whether he likes it or not he will always be remembered as a Raptor not a Net. In the 2000 dunk contest he wore a Raptors uni, where he really made his name. I would welcome him back, but he won't be the number 1 guy, but be a solid 2 or 3.