PDA

View Full Version : Appreciation Thread: Kobe Bryant Appreciation Thread

JordansBulls
04-08-2009, 02:08 PM
I came up with an idea. Since a lot of times many posters seem to be against certain players, let's do a thread where we show appreciation day by day, 2 days at a time, or even 3 days at a time for certain players. Not sure if it should be 1 day, 2 days or 3 days but I figure this could be a good idea overall.

We will start by using current players.

With that said let's start it off by having an appreciation thread for: Kobe Bryant

Here are a list of things that can be said just in case:

What do you admire about him?

What was your favorite Kobe momemt?

What helped him grow as a player?

etc.

Note: Any Negative Comments that are blatant will result in infractions or bans. Let's keep this clean and positive for the player being discussed.

Next Up: Tim Duncan

DrDEADalready
04-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Kobe gets no love from me. :cool:

Marius
04-08-2009, 02:13 PM
I came up with an idea. Since a lot of times many posters seem to be against certain players, let's do a thread where we show appreciation day by day, 2 days at a time, or even 3 days at a time for certain players. Not sure if it should be 1 day, 2 days or 3 days but I figure this could be a good idea overall.

With that said let's start it off by having an appreciation thread for: Kobe Bryant

etc.

Note: Any Negative Comments that are blatant will result in infractions or bans. Let's keep this clean and positive for the player being discussed.

We all know Kobe had a lot of talent coming into the league, he was going shot for shot with Jordan (although Jordan had a few more tricks up his sleeve).

He was clearly more talented than anyone on the lakers but came off the bench and didn't whine about it. He has excellent work ethic. And plays through injuries (Pinky)

As a Toronto fan, my favorite Kobe moment had to be 81 points. It was embarassing, but he honestly just torched us.

Runner up would be how happy he was hitting a buzzer beater in the playoffs vs the suns.

After that would be the left handed 3 pointer with the shot clock winding down.

I'm not sure what to say to the last point.

pd7631
04-08-2009, 02:24 PM
His competitiveness. The guy can rise up to any challenge and take it head on, and he shows how much he wants to win, even if that means doing it all himself.

Hmm, I don't really have a favorite Kobe moment, but I think the thing he did that made me really appreciate his talent is his 81 point game....absolutely insane.

Time....the guy had all the talent in the world coming into the league, he just needed the time to perfect himself as a player.

still1ballin
04-08-2009, 02:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3lDZbOIsCc&feature=related;)

ink
04-08-2009, 02:33 PM
I couldn't stand Kobe or anything to do with him a few years ago. I admire how he has changed himself and his game since then. That takes a phenomenal athlete and individual. Some of the personal stuff is still there but that's not the business of a fan. On the court he has developed into one of the most mature and well-rounded athletes in sports. This is what distinguishes the truly great from the pretenders -- the ability to evolve their game when they are challenged.

What was your favorite Kobe moment?
Any moment where he supports a teammate. We already know what he can do individually.

Seeing Steve Nash win the MVP award. Don't jump all over me or go on tirades against Nash or go into detail about him not having teammates. lol. He saw the attention Nash was getting and the competitor in him set out to prove he could do the same thing, only better. Hey, whatever incentive it took, it worked.

KB24PG16
04-08-2009, 02:38 PM

owned

DrDEADalready
04-08-2009, 02:43 PM
What is that video of? I'm at work so I can't access that.

abe_froman
04-08-2009, 02:45 PM
he's a competitor and all time great

when he joined the olympic team

living with the consequences after he ran phil and shaq off the lakers,playing with smush parker and no phil i think gave him greater appreciation for what good coaches and teammates bring.learning that yeah he's a great player but it's not all him

showtym24
04-08-2009, 02:51 PM
That he is the most talented, but also the hardest worker. Also his heart and desire too win every game.

There's a ton of them, if i had to pick one it'd be between the 2000 finals when he took over after shaq fouled out in the 4th. Or the game winning shot against the suns in the 2006 1st round.

Not making the playoffs in 05, and losing in the 1st round in 06 and 07. He realized he needed to be more team oriented to get back to the top of the mountain.

still1ballin
04-08-2009, 02:54 PM
my fav moment was when he got shut down by the celtics last year

you need hooked on phonics because you obviously cannot read

MTone8788
04-08-2009, 02:54 PM
What is that video of? I'm at work so I can't access that.

Against the Jazz he was getting double teamed at the elbow of the paint and he pass it off the glass to himself and dunked it. Sick play.

Lakersfan2483
04-08-2009, 02:56 PM

His work ethic and competitiveness. Also, his desire to be no. 1.

etc.

His mental approach, he's a very tough player and extremely focused. He works on his game constantly, he always wants to get better. He's smart enough to work on his weaknesses in the off season and it pays off.

His work ethic and competitiveness. Also, his desire to be no. 1.

Way too many to name, but the 81 point game was great to watch. Also, his performance against the Spurs in game 5 last year, he couldn't miss in the 4th quarter and he led us to the finals with that performance.

etc.

His mental approach, he's a very tough player and extremely focused. He works on his game constantly, he always wants to get better. He's smart enough to work on his weaknesses in the off season and it's paid off. He's the type of guy that gets to the gym 3 hrs before anyone else arrives, he's a constant worker....

What separates him from most is his tenacity and drive, that is what helped him grow. You can have all of the talent in the world, but if your weak mentally, you aren't going anywhere. He has 'always' been strong mentally and that is what his helped him achieve so much.

DrDEADalready
04-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Against the Jazz he was getting double teamed at the elbow of the paint and he pass it off the glass to himself and dunked it. Sick play.

Oh Yeah I remember that play.. Thanks for rubbing in bad memories. :mad:

and that's one of the many reasons. Kobe gets no love from me. :cool:

GREATNESS ONE
04-08-2009, 03:02 PM
what do I admire about him?
His consistency as a competitor, player after player Tmac,Carter,Hill etc.
these are all players that where suppose to be better than Bryant.

Favorite Kobe Moment?
Probably everytime we need a bucket and the Ball is in his hands at the end osf the game because I know 70% of the time we gott that bucket or a very good look.

His will,I think he always was a team player just never had a supporting cast since the Title days. The way he works and drives himself to be the best.

Joshtd1
04-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Can't really say Im a fan of Kobe, but I do admire his competiveness.

still1ballin
04-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Oh Yeah I remember that play.. Thanks for rubbing in bad memories. :mad:

and that's one of the many reasons. Kobe gets no love from me. :cool:

:p

ink
04-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Can't really say Im a fan of Kobe, but I do admire his competiveness.

I hear you. I'm still not a fan, but I can admire him for great qualities. You can't love basketball and not admire the best players.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
best guard of his era. his era meaning 2000-current

Hawkize31
04-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I admire the way he can sometimes get locked in and make shots no matter how well he is defended.

My favorite moment was 81. I never thought I'd see anyone score that many points in my lifetime

Idk what helped him grow...probably playing with Shaq.

Brooke
04-08-2009, 03:20 PM

How hard he works. His competitiveness and how he strives to be the best he can be. How great of a leader and teammate he has become

there are many but the 81 point performance and the game winner against the Suns really come to mind

His mental toughness. Also how much he has grown to become the player he is today. He always works so hard to become even better

ink
04-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Idk what helped him grow...probably playing with Shaq.

I think he did all of his growing AFTER Shaq left. That's what's admirable about the guy.

MagicBucsSox
04-08-2009, 03:31 PM
best perimeeter player ever

Hawkeye15
04-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I admire Kobe's will to win. I admire how physically and mentally tough he is. Many with his accomplishments would be satisfied, he seems to want more every day.
My favorite Kobe moment was when he lit up Dallas for like 62 in 3 quarters, and I think he actually outscored them thru 3.
I think getting early success, then realizing just how hard it was to get that deep into the playoffs made him the competitor he has become. The dude is lights out with 2 minutes or less in a close game.

Teeboy1487
04-08-2009, 04:02 PM

Classic :laugh:
Back to the thread. What I like about kobe is his swagger and mentality. My favorite kobe moment is the game winner vs. the suns in the 2006 playoffs. Runner up is the alley oop to shaq in the portland series in their first championship run.

EX-TREME
04-08-2009, 04:08 PM
his work ethic and will to win.

Favorite Kobe Moment?
when he made 81 points against raptors

i think his drive and will to succeed and to be the best.

IBleedPurple
04-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Not a Kobe fan in the least bit, but....

He is definitely the best player in the NBA right now. Besides maybe Dwight Howard or Lebron, it is hard to think of a guy so integral to his team.

He is a leader, and I do give him kudos for joining the Olympic team.

what54!?
04-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Kobe is a beast. No stopping him. He lead this decade of supertar players.

lakers4sho
04-08-2009, 06:30 PM
His competitiveness. The guy can rise up to any challenge and take it head on, and he shows how much he wants to win, even if that means doing it all himself.

Hmm, I don't really have a favorite Kobe moment, but I think the thing he did that made me really appreciate his talent is his 81 point game....absolutely insane.

Time....the guy had all the talent in the world coming into the league, he just needed the time to perfect himself as a player.

spot on

But for the favorite game I'd have to think more about it, countless playoff performances for me to consider :cool:

GspLAL
04-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Aside from the obvious one's that people already have mentioned, he's always humble and gives other teams credit where credit is do. When we lost in the finals he didn't say we were outmatched or anything like that he gave credit to Boston and their physical defense etc.

This is hard to choose because there's so many. From 81, to 62 in 3Q, to the 3 pointer he made when Ruben Patterson was locked on him and he couldn't dribble. If I had to pick one then I'd say his alley oop pass to Shaq against Blazers. Game 4 against Indiana would be a very close second, when he took over OT with Shaq fouled out.

Time and his passion to be the greatest.

aerion123
04-08-2009, 07:13 PM
What do I admire about him

All of you guys did a great job with this but for me it has to be his ego Kobe Bryant doesn't have to try to be the best because he is the best. He knows he is the best by proving it every time he steps on that basketball court. He is the only player who in my mind who had mastered the game of basketball inside and out. He doesn't have one major flaw to his game that comes to mind, like say Lebrons free throw percentage and shooting skills or Dwight Howards maturation in the post or Steve Nashs innability to play defense I could go on and on with every player that all you guys think are great and find a big flaw, but with Kobe he has none he is like a god on the floor to me.

Best Moment

Hmm I have to go with his game winner agaisnt the suns why well I am into Greek mythology and everything so I think it was like the battle of the 300. The suns were supposed to sweep the lakers that year and when Kobe hit that shot the suns were in a state of shock and so was I Kobe was a commander out there and the him and the team gave everything they had but lost to a bettter team and the suns lost in the second round because they were out of gas.

What helped him grow as a player

Well I think the Gasol trade and maturation of Bynum helped him grow the most because before Kobe knew he couldn't do everything by himself and he wanted help but he didn't think Bynum was worth the wait and he wanted out but as soon as the season started Kobe appreciated his teamates more than ever before. And the Gasol trade Kobe cherishes Pau more than he did Shaq because he relized he made a mistake and he learned from it. So appreciating his teamates is what made him grow as a player even when he was the best

DreamShaker
04-08-2009, 11:32 PM
What do you admire about him? He's fun to watch. He can score from anywhere on the court. He always seems to care. He is consumed by the game.

What was your favorite Kobe moment? That game against the Suns in 06. The one that went into overtime in which he just assassinated the Suns. One of the greatest performances I have ever seen.

What helped him grow as a player? Shaq. He was able to focus more on defense instead of being one of those elite scorers that had to always be "the guy" on his team. He was able to grow comfortably into himself the same way Magic did with Kareem.

horry1ur
04-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Cool thread.
But i want to know what you think of Kobe...MJBulls

CP3 The Great
04-09-2009, 12:40 AM
HANDS DOWN NO ARGUMENTS I AM A BULLS FAN KOBE BRYANT IS THE BEST PLAYER PLAYING THIS GAME THERE IS NOONE CERTAINLY IN THE NBA AT THIS POINT THAT CAN HOLD HIM LEBRON *** NO! DWADE ***NO those are the superstar's closest to him and has the cold blooded spirit michael jordan once had, that when he come's down he's going to score on you and there's nothing that you can do about it, TRUTH SPOKEN

G-Funk
04-09-2009, 01:08 AM
He is the only player next to Jordan to master the game, I don't know any other player who has mastered the game like both of them. I just admire his foot work, Dwight Howard discribed him best.

I have so many favorite moments but I really think his best are yet to come.

His desire to be the best, Ppl always called him a ballhog but ignore the fact that he had Smush, Kwame,Cook, Luke, and a bunch of nobodies all on the same team. All he was trying to do was keep his team in the playoffs. Now that he has talent like he did with Shaq, he is back to his old ways.

Great Idea JordansBulls

superkegger
04-09-2009, 01:23 AM
What I admire about Kobe the most is his desire to win. He's so driven to win, that I think people don't really understand it. They can't understand how he's so narrowly focused on one thing and one thing alone. I'd try to explain it, but I'll let someone who has said it better do so. From Chris Ballard's, "Kobe's Killer Instinct" (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/chris_ballard/05/27/kobe0602/index.html). I'll give a few highlights, but it's worth a read.

Because Kobe is Kobe, however, he cannot (or will not) soften his edge, the way Jordan did with his buddy-buddy NBA friendships, his who-would-have-thunk smirk or his endorsa-riffic smile. With Bryant, it manifests itself during practice, during games, during summer workouts, during conversation. Even in his dreams he is probably swatting a Connie Hawkins finger roll into the third row. "He can't turn it off, even if he tried," says George, one of a handful of NBA players relatively close to Bryant. And for that Kobe has often been pilloried. But is this really fair? "Kobe wants it so badly that he rubs an awful lot of people the wrong way," says Lakers consultant Tex Winter, the guru of the triangle offense, who has known Bryant since 1999. "But they're not willing to understand what's inside the guy."

It's 1995, and Bryant is the senior leader of the Lower Merion team, obsessed with winning a state championship. He comes to the gym at 5 a.m. to work out before school, stays until 7 p.m. afterward. It's all part of the plan. When the Aces lost in the playoffs the previous spring, Bryant stood in the locker room, interrupting the seniors as they hugged each other, and all but guaranteed a title, adding, "The work starts now."

Bryant had already begun to coax teammates into staying late or coming in at odd hours so he could hone his skills. "We'd play games of one-on-one to 100," says Schwartz. "Sometimes he'd score 80 points before I got one basket. I think the best I ever did was to lose 100-12." Imagine the focus required to score 80 freakin' baskets before your opponent scores one. And Bryant's probably still pissed that Schwartz broke double digits.

In Bryant's mind, however, no one is unbeatable. As a rookie with the Lakers, despite his coming straight out of high school, he approached Harris. "He said, 'Coach, if you just give me the ball and clear out, I can beat anybody in this league,' " recalls Harris. When that pitch didn't work, the 6' 6" Bryant returned. "Then he'd say, 'Coach, I can post up anybody who's guarding me. If you just get me in there and clear it out, I can post up anybody.' " Harris chuckles. "I said, 'Kobe, I know you can, but right now you can't do it at a high enough rate for the team we have, and I'm not going to tell Shaquille O'Neal to get out of the way so you can do this.' Kobe didn't like it. He understood it, but in his heart he didn't accept it."

It is 2000, and Bryant is an All-Star and franchise player. Still, after guard Isaiah Rider signs as a free agent, Bryant repeatedly forces him to play one-on-one after practice -- Bryant wins, of course -- to reinforce his alpha alpha male status. When six-time All-Star guard Mitch Richmond arrives the next year, he gets the same. "He was the man, and he wanted us to know it," says Richmond. "He was never mean or personal about it, it's just how he was."

Bryant is a basketball nerd. "I think Kobe's actually a little bit embarrassed by his love of basketball," says Downer. "People called him a loner, but it's just that basketball is all he wants to focus on. I think he's part of a dying breed that loves the game that way."

That's why Bryant gets so excited to meet kindred souls. Asked last week about Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, Bryant's face lit up as he remembered the time he played for Pop. "I was really hoping he'd run us through one of those rigorous practices he does," said Bryant, who got his wish. By the way, Kobe was talking about practice for the '05 All-Star Game.

And on his focus: "There's a difference between loving basketball and liking basketball. There are only about 30 guys in the league who love it, who play year-round. Allen Iverson loves to play when the lights come on. Kobe loves doing the s--- before the lights come on."

So, you see, this is Kobe, all of this. Sometimes childish, sometimes regal, sometimes stubborn, always relentless. This is a guy who, according to Nike spokesperson KeJuan Wilkins, had the company shave a couple of millimeters off the bottom of his signature shoe because "in his mind that gave him a hundredth of a second better reaction time." A guy who has played the last three months with a torn ligament in the pinkie of his shooting hand. A guy who, says teammate Coby Karl, considers himself "an expert at fouling without getting called for it." (Watch how Bryant uses the back of his hand, not the front, to push off on defenders and a closed-fist forearm to exert leverage.) A guy who says of being guarded by the physical Bowen, "It'll be fun" -- and actually means it. A guy who, no matter what he does, will never get the chance to play the one game he'd die for: Bryant versus Jordan, each in his prime. "There'd be blood on the floor by the end," says Winter, who has coached them both.

This is why I love Kobe Bryant.

G-Funk
04-09-2009, 01:39 AM
A guy who, no matter what he does, will never get the chance to play the one game he'd die for: Bryant versus Jordan, each in his prime. "There'd be blood on the floor by the end," says Winter, who has coached them both.

Becks2307
04-09-2009, 02:11 AM
awesome post superkegger...love the end as well

JayW_1023
04-09-2009, 04:23 AM
What I like about Kobe is that he just goes about his business without much fanfare. Even when he is playing out of his mind he has the ability to still see the big picture. Of course his game is a sight to see...he is the most resourceful scorer in the game...but his mindset sets him apart from everyone else.

He focusses on the game...he never goes out partying late during the regular season...he always works out and pushing himself. His dedication is something alot of star players can learn from. He is one of the most gifted players in history, but hard labour has made himthe player he is today.

GspLAL
04-09-2009, 02:29 PM
What I like about Kobe is that he just goes about his business without much fanfare. Even when he is playing out of his mind he has the ability to still see the big picture. Of course his game is a sight to see...he is the most resourceful scorer in the game...but his mindset sets him apart from everyone else.

He focusses on the game...he never goes out partying late during the regular season...he always works out and pushing himself. His dedication is something alot of star players can learn from. He is one of the most gifted players in history, but hard labour has made himthe player he is today.

Amen! I think it was during the finals that LO went out to a club :bang::crazy:

rabueed
04-09-2009, 02:36 PM
This is why I love KB.

this was the day after Kobe got injured in the 1999-2000 season.

I am ashamed to say that I was excited the day after his injury because I knew that there was no way that No. 8 (as former Laker point guard Tyronn Lue called him) would be the first to practice, if he would even be there at all.

As I walked through the training room, I became stricken with fear when I heard a ball bouncing. No, no, it couldn’t be! Yes it could. Kobe was already in a full sweat with a cast on his right arm and dribbling and shooting with his left.

As the next couple of days of practice passed, I would glance over as Phil Jackson was talking and see Kobe on the side going full speed and pulling up with his left. He was conducting an all-out practice with himself. Lakers trainer Gary Viti had to come in and tell Kobe to take a rest. But when Viti left, Kobe was at it again.

One day I was shooting on a side basket -- on the court that Kobe had made his own practice spot. He challenged me.

“Cele, let’s shoot," he said. "Wanna play H-O-R-S-E?”

I laughed at him. I was actually insulted that he would challenge me, a pro, to a game of horse with his left hand. After he insisted, I figured I would just whip him and prove to him that he wasn’t Superman. He couldn’t do everything.

He made shot after shot after shot. I was beginning to feel more pressure as I got each letter. First H, then O, then R, then S. I couldn’t let this man beat me with a broken shooting hand. My gosh, he was shooting threes with his left. I finally made a deep three and the stars aligned and Kobe missed. I had escaped the most embarrassing moment of my basketball life. When he missed he was infuriated.

“Come on Cele, let’s play again,” Kobe insisted

He really thought he could win and he almost did. He really thought he was Superman. He really thought I would put myself in another situation to lose all of my dignity. I laughed at him again

“Maybe later,” I replied.

When Kobe's wrist healed and he came back during the regular season, he again proved to me that he believed he could do anything. During his first game back, Kobe drove left and pulled up for a jumper. It was an airball. He shot it with his left. The result didn’t matter. The fact he attempted the shot astounded me. In an NBA game in front of thousands, the man shot a left-handed jumper. He believed it would go in. He really believed.

:clap:

kobe24>lebron23
04-09-2009, 03:04 PM
kobe is the G.O.A.T maby besides jordan!

horry1ur
04-09-2009, 03:12 PM
What do you admire about him? Work Mentality, toughness, leadership off and on the court

What was your favorite Kobe moment? All Kobe moments are my favorite :D

What helped him grow as a player? Him finally using his talent and understanding that he is the leader of the Lakers and everyone follows what he does and learns from his mistakes so if he makes a mistake his team will too

defender4m
04-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Kobe for MVP!!!!!!

lakersrock
04-09-2009, 05:20 PM

The guy is a killer on the floor. He has that Jordan quality about wanting to just punish the crap out of the other team for even getting on the floor with him. Plus, he's the best in the game by far and will still workout every single day in the summer religiously. It's amazing how hard he works. If other players had his work ethic, it'd be insane what they could do.

It's a tie. When he held the title above his head for the third time in a row, when he scored 81 in a game, when he outscored the Mavs through three quarters and when he scored 50+ in four straight games.

Phil Jackson.....and sorta crazily, Andrew Bynum. When Bynum proved him wrong about the Kidd-Bynum deal, Kobe learned to shut up and trust management more than he had. Since then, Kupchek has done a great job and the team is happy and winning.

Vinny642
04-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Great baller

thesparky33
04-09-2009, 06:17 PM
He's a ladies man (at least in Colorado). :D

EDIT: Sorry for the sarcastic comment.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2009, 07:05 PM
I admire the fact that he's already better than Jordan in his prime, but Jordan had better success because of the better teammates.
He's also a ladies man (at least in Colorado).

(Note the sarcasm). I think Kobe is an amazing player.

Sparky, dude. Really??

IBleedPurple
04-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Time for a new player appreciation thread

MJ-BULLS
04-09-2009, 07:24 PM
great player

Hawkeye15
04-09-2009, 07:34 PM
please close this

JordansBulls
04-09-2009, 07:41 PM
We will leave it open for another day at least. At least 2 days per player sounds fair.

G-Funk
next

G-Funk
We will leave it open for another day at least. At least 2 days per player sounds fair.

2 players at a time let's do Tim Duncan next.

madiaz3
04-09-2009, 07:55 PM
please close this

What's the issue here?

Kabowdos
04-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Kobe is the best player in the world.

No one in the league can stop him.

My favorite moments of this season are beating Cleveland and Boston in their own arenas.

81 points.

I like his drive, intensity, will power, and greatness.

JayW_1023
04-15-2009, 04:43 PM
What I also love about Kobe is that he has veins of ice...he doesn't pound his chest or flex his muscles after a dunk. As he gets older he becomes more composed, and you can see that. He is being more patient these days and more efficient, and with his wide skillset that makes him all the more dangerous.

JJ81
04-21-2009, 07:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYLxqSff-Tg

Chaps
04-22-2009, 09:09 PM
best player on the planet.

ko8e24
10-07-2009, 02:01 AM
haha, got this thru the steve nash appreciation thread, so i thoguht of pulling it backup. As you notice, the last post before this post was Apr. 22nd, so it's appropriate to say..

I appreciate Kobe Bryant because he is a champion....A 4-time NBA Champion, and the reigning NBA FINALS MVP!!!!!

ChiSox219
10-07-2009, 02:06 AM
:hide:

I gotta say, this whole forum is a Kobe appreciation thread.

/:hide:

ko8e24
10-07-2009, 02:30 AM
:hide:

I gotta say, this whole forum is a Kobe appreciation thread.

/:hide:

u bet ur arse it is! cuz he the greatest active player in the nba today! :D

blazerman
10-07-2009, 03:55 AM

etc.

Hey JB, I dont mind these topics about praise for players but isnt this the same stuff that they run through before each playoff game with highlights and a player interview. We've all praised these guys to death.

All summer you've been force feeding these guys down our throats, I hope were not gonna go through every player in the league.

I dont give a **** if you give me an infraction or a ban for speaking my mind because there is so much other stuff to talk about that kiss these guys ***** on a daily basis. How about some stuff on up and comers and who's gonna make an impact for their team, which players will come back from injuries and produce, teams that might surprise this yr and teams that wont that were suppose too.
But to start the season on these guys jock is just overkill. You have a lotta really good topics but this one just isnt it and it nothing to do with Bryant or Duncan or anybody else.
I would just like to get some more threads on mid level guys and up and comers, The LeBron,Kobe and Duncan cards have been playec out for awhile.

I know I dont have to read it but I see 3 out of 5 NBA Forum topics are on individual players isnt that kinda stuff suppose to be put in that players respective team forums, if I did that you'd have it moved to team forums already.

Also why the warning on this thread, everybody knows the rules but is there some reason to reinforce them on this particular one? It just seems kinda funny to me the extra cop playing comes out in the threads a moderator creates, DenButsu is good for that too(looking to give tickets or infractions at whatever someone says that doesnt jive with his threads!!

I think a really good moderator but lets get some different topics going.

JayW_1023
10-07-2009, 04:12 AM
I'm a big fan of Kobe these days. He has really matured in the player I hoped he would one day become. I think he will be able to maintain this level of play for another three or four years.

Hustla23
10-07-2009, 04:13 AM
So we have player worship threads now. Great

madiaz3
10-07-2009, 04:27 AM
These have been around for about half a year.

bigsams50
10-07-2009, 06:14 AM
Best player in the league

TheDiggler
10-07-2009, 08:37 AM
He was and is a bless for the sport.
I hate comparisions, Kobe Bryant is Kobe Bryant. But, I'll always remember him as the young guy with #8 and the arm in plaster ... he's a true great.

Ace33Bone
10-07-2009, 08:45 AM
First of all i want to start off by saying that i am not a Kobe supporter at all but one thing about the dude is that he is a GREAT player and you cannot take that away from him... With that being said

What do you admire about him? He is the HARDEST worker in the NBA as far as developing his game and working out during the off season... He work ethics are unmatched by anyone in the League... His will to win is also the best I have seen since Jordan has been in the League which is why I think so many people compare him to the G.O.A.T

What was your favorite Kobe momemt? dropping 81 on the Raptors and When he dunked on Dwight Howard to welcome Dwight to the NBA

What helped him grow as a player? His willingness to put trust in his teammates and share the ball... He realized that the only way that you can be considered one of the GREATEST is to make others around you better which I really feel as though he has been trying to do the last 2-3 years

PLAYERS FAN
10-07-2009, 12:50 PM
His over zealous passion, willingness to prove the critics wrong like Jordan, and his complete basketball game.

So many as leading the NBA in scoring,81 point game,62 points in 3 quarters,42 points first half vs Jordan wizards,that reverse dunk he did on Tmac in 04-05 season,MVP award,45 point game vs spurs in the WCF,Finals MVP,etc

His motivation,critic's,ego,studying the game from the greats like Michael Jordan and Jerry West. Sorry Magic but your a Shaq guy!

mikantsass
10-07-2009, 01:05 PM
First let me say that i ABSOLUTELY HATE Kobe Bryant. However I do respect him as the best player in the NBA. As a basketball fan, you have to tip your hat to what he has accomplished on the court. If you can't do that then you are not a ture BBall fan.

What do you admire about him?- He is a fierce competitor. He always wants to win at any cost. Yes he is selfish and arrogant, but wouldnt you be if you had his ability?

What was your favorite Kobe momemt?- Forget the Championships, Gold medal, MVP, all-stars etc...... My favorite Kobe moment is when he dunked on Yao

What helped him grow as a player?- The combination of getting whopped by the Pistons and losing Shaq

Alrite that is enough Kobe praise from me until he goes into the hall

blazerman
10-07-2009, 01:52 PM
shuttt the fu** up.. if you dont wannna fu***** read the thread then dont open it. go to another thread. no one wants to hear ur bs complaints about how no one is talking about the blazers because they fu***** suck azzz!!!!! get over it!! and stop bitc***..fkkn cryin like a fkkn lil kidd.. man up and grow a pair. not everything goes ur way all the time.

Why dont you learn how to write before you try to act like a tough guy. I'll only get banned for retaliating on you and I already feel like throwing some change in your cup because Im sure you'll be camping out next to a freeway off ramp somewhere with writing skills like that!!