PDA

View Full Version : Canseco says Manny's name is most likely 90% on the steriods list.

theproof
04-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Jose Canseco continues to take shots
Jose Canseco
Email Picture
Luis Sinco / Los Angeles Times
Former major leaguer Jose Canseco addresses the audience at Bovard Auditorium on the USC campus about his steroid use.
Revelations about baseball's steroid era have given credibility to the former slugger's claims . . . and he has suspicions about Manny Ramirez. Still, few are there to listen during a talk at USC.
Kurt Streeter
April 6, 2009
Here sits the great baseball sage Jose Canseco, dressed in a black hat and a black motorcycle jacket, slumped in a folding chair in a small room just off the main stage at USC's Bovard Auditorium.

It is Friday night and he is minutes from giving a talk about his life in baseball: the rise and fall, the steroids, his knowledge of who injected what and his speculation about current players -- even, it turns out, Manny Ramirez.

A giant video screen plays highlights of Canseco's longest home runs and along with those images we hear an announcer's voice. "There he is!" the voice booms, "baseball's most imposing figure!"

"Jeez, I was quite a figure out there," Canseco says, his still-chiseled frame melting into the chair. "What a feeling, crushing that baseball in front of thousands in the stands, millions on TV."

He autographs some baseballs. We talk. He says he's still using testosterone, says he needs it to keep his levels normal after so many years of using. He makes repeated reference to 1998, when he hit 46 home runs for Toronto. He swears that was the one year in 17 seasons that he played drug-free. He had been too depressed about a relationship to think about steroids.

"You did so well in Toronto, why didn't you just quit right there?" I ask.

"I don't know," he says. "I could have. I didn't."

In fact, 1998 has made him reconsider things. After long telling anyone who'd listen that he might not have made the big leagues without steroids, maybe the year in Canada shows he could have become a star without drugs. He holds tight to this new notion.

"I have regrets," he says. "The way people look at my career was compromised by using. Then the whole thing fell apart. . . . I was cut off. Not being able to play at 36. That's how old I was when baseball colluded to keep me out. They were sending a message to all the other players: 'Stop using, or you will be like Jose.' "

Canseco keeps talking, unburdening. He seems tinged with a paranoia that makes him easy to dismiss, except he has so often been right.

"I have nightmares, almost every night. I'm on some team, but they will not let me actually play. The bus leaves without me. . . . "

An agent walks in, says there are only about 40 people in the audience. Maybe 50. Bovard holds 1,235.

Canseco, longhaired still, strong-jawed still, has a kind of puppyish charm and a forthrightness that make you want to root for him. And the assertions made in his 2005 book "Juiced" played a real role in forcing baseball to clean up its steroid mess. So when the low turnout confirms his fading star, I am sad.

No need. There he is, alone on the large stage, still in his motorcycle jacket, his big hands gripping a wooden lectern as he speaks to still so many empty seats.

No matter. He walks through the stormy arc: how a 5-foot-10 beanpole became a 6-foot-4, 255-pound home run monster once he fell in love with drug injections.

He adds up the homers he could have hit if he'd kept playing. Hundreds more, he claims, no sweat.

What about Alex Rodriguez, the audience wants to know? Canseco calls the Yankees third baseman a Canseco copycat, from the steroids to the dalliance with Madonna. He scoffs at the notion Rodriguez is telling the whole truth about his drug use.

What about Ken Griffey Jr.? Canseco says Griffey has always been clean, but offers a caveat: Nobody can be sure about anyone anymore.

What about Manny Ramirez? someone asks.

Canseco laughs and offers his theory. A-Rod was exposed only when his name was leaked from a list of 104 major leaguers who in a 2003 test showed up positive for steroids. Because the test was anonymous, those names were not supposed to be made public. But in Canseco's mind, baseball's power brokers know who is on it: players he is sure will be seen as toxic if the truth comes out.

He says this, despite the fact that A-Rod isn't being treated as toxic, nor are other players who were caught up in the steroid scandal but publicly apologized, including Miguel Tejada, starting shortstop for the Houston Astros, and Andy Pettitte, a starting pitcher with the New York Yankees.

Why didn't Ramirez get a long-term deal? Canseco asks. Why were owners gun-shy about signing arguably the game's best hitter?

Never mind that Ramirez was asking for a mega-deal at age 36. Or that he was negotiating in a sickly economy, while weighed down by the heavy baggage of a surly reputation. Canseco will have none of it. To Canseco, the drawn-out negotiation, the lack of a long-term deal, the lack of interest all raise red flags, and so he tells the Bovard crowd that Ramirez's "name is most likely, 90%," on the list.

Canseco admits later that he has no way of knowing. But it makes sense to him, so he threw it out there -- kaboom! -- swinging for the fences, still.

Late Saturday, I tracked down Ramirez to tell him what Canseco had said. The immediate response is pure Ramirez: He laughs. Sitting at his locker, he says, "I got no comment, nothing to say about that. What can I say? I don't even know the guy."

We may never know for certain who did what in this drug-laden era. But Friday night at USC, leaving the auditorium, the old slugger doesn't back down. He says what he says, doesn't need proof anymore. Then he hops into a car with two handlers, leaving me to wonder:

Is Canseco full of hard-earned wisdom? Or is he a suffering soul, a faded star addicted to the stage, any stage?

On this opening day, he's a little of both.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-streeter-canseco6-2009apr06,0,6320360.column

I don't know if this is true or not but if he doesn't know 100% about something like that he should shut his mouth instead of linking players to steroids.

ritz
04-07-2009, 09:19 PM
So the witch hunt continues. Ugh.

INeedMyJays
04-07-2009, 09:25 PM
A guy who's taken steroids in the past doesn't deserve the right to accuse others of taking the drug.

MDfootball36
04-07-2009, 09:31 PM
cansaco just die down already. no1 cares about u

bloodhawk
04-07-2009, 09:33 PM
I hate his guts, but I have to admit, he's hasn't been wrong before..although I hope Manny is in that 10 percent chance of not on the list...it wouldn't do baseball any good....

BoognishMN
04-07-2009, 09:51 PM
You know I hate to say it but he has been vindicated with his previous accusations. Terrible human being, but its hard to discount what he says.

cuttygiantsfan
04-07-2009, 09:53 PM
he has been right a rediculous amount

think of a-rod couple years ago, everybody doubted him but he was right
so im not ruling anything out yet

Seamhead
04-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Damn. It's really hard to doubt what he says. Though, I did promise to stop giving a **** about steroids.

bal_ravens
04-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Atleast he thinks Griffey is clean. Like I said before, I really hate that Arod was the only one exposed on that list. And as much as I dislike Canseco, he has been right pretty much everytime.

N.Z's #1 Dodger
04-07-2009, 10:03 PM
It says he guesses he was in the 90%, he doesn't actually know unlike others who he outed. But who cares, Manny probably is, I hope not, but you never know nowdays.

S.P.
04-07-2009, 10:12 PM
It's not about being right or wrong, it's about being a rat. Mr Canseco should show some respect for his former peers.

JAYZFAN9
04-07-2009, 10:17 PM
junior and the big hurt - 2 greatest clean hitters of our generation?

LetsGoA's
04-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Canseco is my all time favorite A hands down.

bloodhawk
04-07-2009, 10:28 PM
junior and the big hurt - 2 greatest clean hitters of our generation?

for now anyway...although if Jr. goes down, then MLB would officially go down the f'n drain...

mnrlgry
04-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Canseco is a douche, but he does always turn out to be right..

Doesn't change my opinion of Manny one way or another though. Kind of funny that Canseco has been somewhat vindicated but is still vilified after all these years.

cuttygiantsfan
04-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Canseco is a douche, but he does always turn out to be right..

Doesn't change my opinion of Manny one way or another though. Kind of funny that Canseco has been somewhat vindicated but is still vilified after all these years.

if he always turn out right how is he a douche?

mnrlgry
04-07-2009, 10:44 PM
if he always turn out right how is he a douche?

Selling out all of his friends for money. Being a loud-mouth as this article suggets, just throwing stuff out there because he likes to hear himself talk. Having a seemingly holier-then-thou attitude even though he was the largest muscle freak of them all. He still uses roids he says. Drags baseball through the mud. The guy obviously loves to be in the media spotlight.

Being a douche bag has nothing to do with being right or wrong. It's about his attitude. I bet you're the only person here who disagrees about Canseco being a douche

AWC713
04-07-2009, 10:50 PM
as much as i hate to admit it, he's probably right...

everytime something like this happens, where he comes out against national opinion, hes usually right. (ex. a-rod)

we may not like what he has to say, or why he says it...but hes probably right

Giants27
04-07-2009, 11:12 PM
I knew it.........

nithanyo
04-07-2009, 11:24 PM
i dont think Manny took steroids. Same goes for Griffey

MGB
04-07-2009, 11:32 PM
um... well DUH! Idk, I guess some of you need to take off the blinders. I've had experience with steroids (take that for what you want), and I can tell you, it's NOT hard to tell who's using...

Tragedy
04-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Damn. It's really hard to doubt what he says. Though, I did promise to stop giving a **** about steroids.
Same here.

I wouldn't be shocked if Ramirez used, just like anyone else that played through the steroid era. Canseco HAS proven to be correct many times already, but he's got pretty much no facts that are backing up his claim.

GHOSTSNIPER
04-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Wouldn't put it past him...

whitesoxfan83
04-08-2009, 12:34 AM
i always thought it was pretty obvious Manny used...

But until its proven he used, we shouldnt act like he did, even if Conseco is almost always right...

vigilantex69
04-08-2009, 12:51 AM
You go Jose don't listen to any of these guys. You were right on 99% of the things that you stated. You changed the face of baseball and for that I and I think all of the fans should thank you. No matter if you were just trying to make a name for yourself or whatever but what you said needed to be heard. I think you are right about Ramirez as well. You were right about everyone. If it weren't for you Luis Gonzalez would be about to break Babe Ruths home run record right now.

Reevo
04-08-2009, 12:59 AM
You go Jose don't listen to any of these guys. You were right on 99% of the things that you stated. You changed the face of baseball and for that I and I think all of the fans should thank you. No matter if you were just trying to make a name for yourself or whatever but what you said needed to be heard. I think you are right about Ramirez as well. You were right about everyone. If it weren't for you Luis Gonzalez would be about to break Babe Ruths home run record right now.

Huh? You talking in a season or what?

abe_froman
04-08-2009, 01:10 AM
with is track record on being right on this ,i have no reason to doubt him

WickedBadMan
04-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Yeah but now he is just 90% sure. Seemed like he "knew" every other time.

Tragedy
04-08-2009, 01:26 AM
Yeah but now he is just 90% sure. Seemed like he "knew" every other time.
Well, because other times he had reasons to back it up. This time, it's just Jose speculating.

vigilantex69
04-08-2009, 01:30 AM
Huh? You talking in a season or what?

I just meant on the all time home run record list.

vigilantex69
04-08-2009, 01:30 AM
with is track record on being right on this ,i have no reason to doubt him

the sausage king of chicago!

Wrigleyboy25
04-08-2009, 01:32 AM
It means he's probably on the list then.

BarryIsInnocent
04-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Everything he has said so far has been true......I believe him.

nstachowski
04-08-2009, 02:19 AM
By now, I wouldn't doubt what Canseco says lol.

ntat
04-08-2009, 04:00 AM
A guy who's taken steroids in the past doesn't deserve the right to accuse others of taking the drug.
but someone that's clean does get to accuse people? If Anything, he knows more about who would be on it than anyone that hasnt used, or didnt play the game, or doesnt understand the affects of it, or isnt plugged into that scene on "some" level. Im not sayin i want to hear from Jose, or that he shoulkd be talking, but just because he admits to its use, doesnt mean he has less right to speculate than u or I. IM sure ur making assumptions about someone without knowing FOR SURE. I bet u think Bonds took em, and there is nothing that difinitively links him beyond a doubt, or he'd be in jail.

vladdy#27
04-08-2009, 04:05 AM
Cancecos a *****

Matt-the-great
04-08-2009, 06:52 AM
shocker...Canseco is running out of cash and intrigue...time to name another superstar as a steroid user......

just go away Canseco

CAIN=FUTURE
04-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Just let the damn era die already!

pf289
04-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Does this surpise any of you? Not that Canseco said this but if Manny is really on the list?

mickybrneyes20
04-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Manny is from the Dominican it's a given!

WSU Tony
04-08-2009, 01:13 PM
So the witch hunt continues. Ugh.

If I started an article, it would be a witch hunt. If he says it, it's probably true. Someone with 1st hand knowledge of a situation isn't a part of any witch hunt.

It's not about being right or wrong, it's about being a rat. Mr Canseco should show some respect for his former peers.

They didn't respect themselves, why should he respect them? Living in denial and shame is more disrespectful than calling out a peer.

It means he's probably on the list then.

Bingo, he has built a nice little reputation for himself.

beantownboy
04-08-2009, 01:14 PM
how long are we going to have to deal with another superstar linked to steroids. so what? just assume they all did it so it won't be a big deal when you hear it. i mean honestly, what can we do at this point? stop trying to clean the past and just try to keep the future from getting dirty.

WSU Tony
04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
how long are we going to have to deal with another superstar linked to steroids. so what? just assume they all did it so it won't be a big deal when you hear it. i mean honestly, what can we do at this point? stop trying to clean the past and just try to keep the future from getting dirty.

So you'd prefer an Area 51 over a Clinton Scandal? :p

ritz
04-08-2009, 01:33 PM
If I started an article, it would be a witch hunt. If he says it, it's probably true. Someone with 1st hand knowledge of a situation isn't a part of any witch hunt.

You're right, but my post was based more on seeing the path other threads have went where members of this forum started naming off random people.

I wouldn't be surprised to see his name on the list if Canseco says it is.

DewsSox79
04-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Jose Canseco continues to take shots
Jose Canseco
Email Picture
Luis Sinco / Los Angeles Times
Former major leaguer Jose Canseco addresses the audience at Bovard Auditorium on the USC campus about his steroid use.
Revelations about baseball's steroid era have given credibility to the former slugger's claims . . . and he has suspicions about Manny Ramirez. Still, few are there to listen during a talk at USC.
Kurt Streeter
April 6, 2009
Here sits the great baseball sage Jose Canseco, dressed in a black hat and a black motorcycle jacket, slumped in a folding chair in a small room just off the main stage at USC's Bovard Auditorium.

It is Friday night and he is minutes from giving a talk about his life in baseball: the rise and fall, the steroids, his knowledge of who injected what and his speculation about current players -- even, it turns out, Manny Ramirez.

A giant video screen plays highlights of Canseco's longest home runs and along with those images we hear an announcer's voice. "There he is!" the voice booms, "baseball's most imposing figure!"

"Jeez, I was quite a figure out there," Canseco says, his still-chiseled frame melting into the chair. "What a feeling, crushing that baseball in front of thousands in the stands, millions on TV."

He autographs some baseballs. We talk. He says he's still using testosterone, says he needs it to keep his levels normal after so many years of using. He makes repeated reference to 1998, when he hit 46 home runs for Toronto. He swears that was the one year in 17 seasons that he played drug-free. He had been too depressed about a relationship to think about steroids.

"You did so well in Toronto, why didn't you just quit right there?" I ask.

"I don't know," he says. "I could have. I didn't."

In fact, 1998 has made him reconsider things. After long telling anyone who'd listen that he might not have made the big leagues without steroids, maybe the year in Canada shows he could have become a star without drugs. He holds tight to this new notion.

"I have regrets," he says. "The way people look at my career was compromised by using. Then the whole thing fell apart. . . . I was cut off. Not being able to play at 36. That's how old I was when baseball colluded to keep me out. They were sending a message to all the other players: 'Stop using, or you will be like Jose.' "

Canseco keeps talking, unburdening. He seems tinged with a paranoia that makes him easy to dismiss, except he has so often been right.

"I have nightmares, almost every night. I'm on some team, but they will not let me actually play. The bus leaves without me. . . . "

An agent walks in, says there are only about 40 people in the audience. Maybe 50. Bovard holds 1,235.

Canseco, longhaired still, strong-jawed still, has a kind of puppyish charm and a forthrightness that make you want to root for him. And the assertions made in his 2005 book "Juiced" played a real role in forcing baseball to clean up its steroid mess. So when the low turnout confirms his fading star, I am sad.

No need. There he is, alone on the large stage, still in his motorcycle jacket, his big hands gripping a wooden lectern as he speaks to still so many empty seats.

No matter. He walks through the stormy arc: how a 5-foot-10 beanpole became a 6-foot-4, 255-pound home run monster once he fell in love with drug injections.

He adds up the homers he could have hit if he'd kept playing. Hundreds more, he claims, no sweat.

What about Alex Rodriguez, the audience wants to know? Canseco calls the Yankees third baseman a Canseco copycat, from the steroids to the dalliance with Madonna. He scoffs at the notion Rodriguez is telling the whole truth about his drug use.

What about Ken Griffey Jr.? Canseco says Griffey has always been clean, but offers a caveat: Nobody can be sure about anyone anymore.

What about Manny Ramirez? someone asks.

Canseco laughs and offers his theory. A-Rod was exposed only when his name was leaked from a list of 104 major leaguers who in a 2003 test showed up positive for steroids. Because the test was anonymous, those names were not supposed to be made public. But in Canseco's mind, baseball's power brokers know who is on it: players he is sure will be seen as toxic if the truth comes out.

He says this, despite the fact that A-Rod isn't being treated as toxic, nor are other players who were caught up in the steroid scandal but publicly apologized, including Miguel Tejada, starting shortstop for the Houston Astros, and Andy Pettitte, a starting pitcher with the New York Yankees.

Why didn't Ramirez get a long-term deal? Canseco asks. Why were owners gun-shy about signing arguably the game's best hitter?

Never mind that Ramirez was asking for a mega-deal at age 36. Or that he was negotiating in a sickly economy, while weighed down by the heavy baggage of a surly reputation. Canseco will have none of it. To Canseco, the drawn-out negotiation, the lack of a long-term deal, the lack of interest all raise red flags, and so he tells the Bovard crowd that Ramirez's "name is most likely, 90%," on the list.

Canseco admits later that he has no way of knowing. But it makes sense to him, so he threw it out there -- kaboom! -- swinging for the fences, still.

Late Saturday, I tracked down Ramirez to tell him what Canseco had said. The immediate response is pure Ramirez: He laughs. Sitting at his locker, he says, "I got no comment, nothing to say about that. What can I say? I don't even know the guy."

We may never know for certain who did what in this drug-laden era. But Friday night at USC, leaving the auditorium, the old slugger doesn't back down. He says what he says, doesn't need proof anymore. Then he hops into a car with two handlers, leaving me to wonder:

Is Canseco full of hard-earned wisdom? Or is he a suffering soul, a faded star addicted to the stage, any stage?

On this opening day, he's a little of both.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-streeter-canseco6-2009apr06,0,6320360.column

I don't know if this is true or not but if he doesn't know 100% about something like that he should shut his mouth instead of linking players to steroids.

i dont think he should shut his mouth. i believe he has been right on with every single guy.

Gibby23
04-08-2009, 02:21 PM
i dont think he should shut his mouth. i believe he has been right on with every single guy.

All of the other players he named were guys that he played with. They just didn't know he would rat them out. He never played with Manny and is just speculating.

LADanks
04-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Canseco doesn't have first hand knowledge of the situation in this case, or even second hand knowledge... He's speculating that because there was not a huge market for Manny in the offseason that roid use had to be the reason. You don't have to be very smart to blow holes through that logic. If Manny used steriods, nobody should be that surprised, but not because of a wild guess from publicity-wh0re Canseco.

Aussy4GM
04-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Junior Griffey Baby, The Kid, The Great One, The Choosen One

CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN

Honestly i(and im pretty sure everyone else)dont give a living **** who is on that list baseball is baseball and we have to get past the fact that people have been using because no one knows exactly who has and who hasnt.As far as im conserned all of the greats of our time should be inducted into the hall of fame roids or not.The hall of fame was made for the most elite players of each generation.Both Pitchers and hitter were using so it levels out to some extent.Its not like anyone can take roids and automatically become a legend,and thats what people make it out to be.anyone with me?

INDUCT:
Rose
Clemens
Bonds
Mcgwire
Sosa
Ramirez
Martinez
Palmiero
Gonzalez
A-rod
Can You see how our generation would be represented without any of these guys?

laboy09
04-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Jose Canseco is a disgrace to MLB

MooseWithFleas
04-10-2009, 03:22 PM

+1

We all know it was a black mark, but let's move on. We know with the testing that is in place now that it will no longer be a factor. Let's enjoy the clean baseball we have now, and the future generations of clean baseball players that will be coming through.

Bosh=nextKG
04-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Jose needs to shut up. Just cuz he did it and lost all respect doesn't mean that he has to try and bring down any good hitter in the game. He has no proof. He is just saying this because Manny is that good.

CAIN=FUTURE
04-10-2009, 03:33 PM
i always thought it was pretty obvious Manny used...

But until its proven he used, we shouldnt act like he did, even if Conseco is almost always right...

Only if Barry was given that treatment.

Nate David+ Co.
04-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Selling out all of his friends for money. Being a loud-mouth as this article suggets, just throwing stuff out there because he likes to hear himself talk. Having a seemingly holier-then-thou attitude even though he was the largest muscle freak of them all. He still uses roids he says. Drags baseball through the mud. The guy obviously loves to be in the media spotlight.

Being a douche bag has nothing to do with being right or wrong. It's about his attitude. I bet you're the only person here who disagrees about Canseco being a douche
I totally agree with you. Hasn't he heard that " snitches get stiches"? You don't snitch on your friends, even if you do know some stuff, you say " no he did not". Your lose all your respect, i'd rather still have friends then even more money.

MetsFan28
04-11-2009, 03:33 PM

Never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut.

MetsFan28
04-11-2009, 03:36 PM
I say Delgado's name is definatly on that list, along with David Ortiz and Andrew Jones.

MVPedroia
04-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Ortiz has spoken out on roids. If he knew he was on the list he wouldn't have commented on the subject like he's clean.

MrSexy
04-11-2009, 03:38 PM
I say Delgado's name is definatly on that list, along with David Ortiz and Andrew Jones.

Why? Don't make wild ****ing accusations without ANY proof whatsoever

abe_froman
04-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Ortiz has spoken out on roids. If he knew he was on the list he wouldn't have commented on the subject like he's clean.

just like rafael palmeiro!...oh wait:D

cmoneytakemoney
04-11-2009, 04:08 PM
I doubt Manny is on that list.

jaysrocksox
04-11-2009, 08:10 PM
I love Canseco, he's the only credible one out there. As for selling out his friends for money? I bet his peers had no problem turning their back on him to try to avoid being caught up in the scandal, so F them. Good for you, Jose. You can play on my slo pitch team anytime.

crc9246
04-11-2009, 08:52 PM
He's a f***ing jerk but he hasn't been wrong in any of his allegations so far

gildedpimp
04-11-2009, 09:00 PM
The least credible guy in the room is the ONLY guy with any credibility. All you Canseco haters HAVE to at the very least cop to that!

GHOSTSNIPER
04-11-2009, 09:41 PM
So it only says...Manny Ramir?

chiitownkings
04-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Stupid Thread!! He has no idea he is just assuming

BluejaysFan08
04-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Anything to take the spotlight off him and make everyother plays life a living hell.
However i do believe Manny is on juice

Tragedy
04-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Anything to take the spotlight off him and make everyother plays life a living hell.
However i do believe Manny is on juice
How is he taking the spotlight off of him, by talking?

LAcowBOMBER
04-12-2009, 01:05 AM
People keep giving Canseco credit for being right about A-rod and others, but just because he claims A-rod did steroids and then it comes out that he did does not mean that he actually knew. He said stuff about A-rod that does not seem to be true. He knew steroid use was rampant in MLB and he threw a bunch of names out. I think he's gotten lucky with some of the people he has talked about.

Living Legend
04-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Since Manny isn't hitting .400 with a grip of HR I suddenly don't like him as much.

TheShowzOver
04-12-2009, 03:27 AM
Manny didn't take steroids during his Boston years. According to my very reliable sources he juiced up once he was traded to the Dodgers.

Tragedy
04-12-2009, 04:06 AM
Manny didn't take steroids during his Boston years. According to my very reliable sources he juiced up once he was traded to the Dodgers.
Oh, yeah, that MUST be it.:rolleyes:

Ian.
04-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Eh, whatever.

Probably used.

Who cares, honestly?

BTownTeamsRKing
04-12-2009, 10:02 AM
it would shock me if he did it. he doesnt seem like the type who would.

the keefster
04-12-2009, 10:06 AM
it is what it is.

jose canseco just snitchin because he finisheddddddddddddddddddddd

Tragedy
04-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Eh, whatever.

Probably used.

Who cares, honestly?
That's pretty much my approach these days.

m26555
04-12-2009, 04:09 PM
The difference between this and the rest of Canseco's accusations is that this is just speculation based on how teams were shying away from Ramirez in the off-season. Jose actually had facts to back up his other denunciations.