cowboys:nuggets
04-07-2009, 05:44 PM
I know Ai is out rest of the season but can he still return to the playoffs

abe_froman
04-07-2009, 05:47 PM
he wont

IBleedPurple
04-07-2009, 06:31 PM
I heard he was out for the rest of the year, including playoffs.

An attempt to fix a team in turmoil, and remove a distraction in AI

Nikolishin
04-07-2009, 07:22 PM
the player is weak

JJ81
04-07-2009, 07:26 PM
he wont

:)

lakers4sho
04-07-2009, 07:41 PM
IMO the Pistons are better without him.

JayW_1023
04-09-2009, 12:49 PM
This new FOXSports article by Jason Whitlock completely puts the kibosh on AI. Even though the article is way too harsh...there are some sad truths in it.

No question, Iverson was never the Answer
by Jason Whitlock

DETROIT - No one wants to blame The Answer. We never do. He reminds us of our own shortcomings and failures.

Iverson: Allen Iverson might be able to fool most everyone, but the so-called Answer is just a fraud.

In the pantheon of spoiled, media-cuddled, overhyped professional basketball players, Allen Iverson reigns supreme.

At least Charles Barkley wanted to win. Karl Malone and John Stockton tried to win. Patrick Ewing — like Barkley, Malone and Stockton — was cursed by the misfortune of being great at the same time Michael Jordan was other worldly.

Iverson has no such excuse. He arrived at the tail end of Air Jordan's rulership. As Isiah Thomas was the bridge between the Magic-Bird and Jordan eras, Iverson was supposed to transition us from Jordan to Kobe-Shaq.

Despite what Iverson's media apologists write and say, The Answer was an underachiever on and off the court.

If this reads like an obituary, that's because it is.

Iverson's career as an NBA legend died of self-inflicted wounds this season in Detroit. Much like the death of his role model, rapper Tupac Shakur, Iverson's supporters will reject the news of his demise and predict a Machiavellian return, a Dr. J-like finish to Iverson's career.

Picture me rolling on the floor laughing my *** off.

Here is the rest:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9436532/No-question,-Iverson-was-never-the-Answer