PDA

View Full Version : how sweet it is

chaos47
04-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Even though it was just one game it was so sweet to see those high priced boys struggle. It was also nice to see how good this offense can be. Hopefully some pitching can pan out and this might be a surprise team this year, and not in two or three years. Like I said I know it is just one game, but this team just has a different feeling to it. Just my thoughts.

EricU812
04-07-2009, 04:04 PM
On pace for 162 - 0

O's Boy15
04-07-2009, 05:47 PM
On pace for 162 - 0

Very Funny

O's Boy15
04-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Even though it was just one game it was so sweet to see those high priced boys struggle. It was also nice to see how good this offense can be. Hopefully some pitching can pan out and this might be a surprise team this year, and not in two or three years. Like I said I know it is just one game, but this team just has a different feeling to it. Just my thoughts.

I agree if our pitching comes around and we get contributions from our team from 1-9 at the plate our O's will be competitive

beast montero
04-07-2009, 06:51 PM
I agree if our pitching comes around and we get contributions from our team from 1-9 at the plate our O's will be competitive

realize ur in the AL eeast theres the yankees, red sox, and Yankees rite?

bshone
04-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Offense should only get better when Wieters comes up. I would love to see the following lineup at that point:

2B Roberts (switch)
CF Jones (right)
RF Markakis (left)
C Wieters (switch)
1B Huff (left)
3B Mora (right)
DH Scott (left) or DH Wigginton (right)
LF Pie (switch)
SS Izturis (switch)

What will hopefully make this year different from years in the past is the emergence of Wieters. If he can bring enough spark and the young core can remain excited all the way through the end of September, at least we might not finish 9-30 like we're used to. If we can just finish strong, it will be a step up from prior seasons. Our pitching will get better with time, but we need to find a way this year to improve and I'd like to see a solid second half. Only time will tell...

EricU812
04-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Still on pace for 162 - 0. (I'm only typing it again because we won afterwards, and I'm being supersticious.

ruckus16969
04-11-2009, 03:20 AM
i love your offense and prolly the best defense in the league.. Ya just need some stronger pitching

ravensrule
04-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Offense should only get better when Wieters comes up. I would love to see the following lineup at that point:

2B Roberts (switch)
CF Jones (right)
RF Markakis (left)
C Wieters (switch)
1B Huff (left)
3B Mora (right)
DH Scott (left) or DH Wigginton (right)
LF Pie (switch)
SS Izturis (switch)

What will hopefully make this year different from years in the past is the emergence of Wieters. If he can bring enough spark and the young core can remain excited all the way through the end of September, at least we might not finish 9-30 like we're used to. If we can just finish strong, it will be a step up from prior seasons. Our pitching will get better with time, but we need to find a way this year to improve and I'd like to see a solid second half. Only time will tell...

im just not into pie i like reimold and montanez who by the way did great in first 2 games reimold has 2 homeruns already. everyone in that lineup besides ss could hit 20 hrs or more

bshone
04-14-2009, 01:35 PM
im just not into pie i like reimold and montanez who by the way did great in first 2 games reimold has 2 homeruns already. everyone in that lineup besides ss could hit 20 hrs or more

I hear you. Reimold is major league bound, but I am in agreement with giving Pie the same chance that Jones got last year. Giving Pie a whole year of at bats will let him see the chance he has in Baltimore to be part of something special, but also remind him that it's going to take a lot of hard work because lets face it, Pie isn't Adam Jones and he may never turn out to be the kind of hitter that Jones has shown he can be last year and early this year. Still, it's right to give Pie that chance.

As far as Reimold goes, if Pie can show he's an everyday LF, then is it possible to see if Reimold can play 1B or 3B? I know that the transition from OF to IF is always more difficult than the reverse, but if our goal is to put the best nine players out there, I'd rather see both Pie and Reimold in our future lineup than only one of them. By the time Huff and Mora are gone (which, by the way seems to be farther away than I thought), we'll be begging for infielders. With Pie, Jones, and Markakis, I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to try and turn a guy like Reimold into a corner infielder.

ravensrule
04-14-2009, 01:51 PM
I hear you. Reimold is major league bound, but I am in agreement with giving Pie the same chance that Jones got last year. Giving Pie a whole year of at bats will let him see the chance he has in Baltimore to be part of something special, but also remind him that it's going to take a lot of hard work because lets face it, Pie isn't Adam Jones and he may never turn out to be the kind of hitter that Jones has shown he can be last year and early this year. Still, it's right to give Pie that chance.

As far as Reimold goes, if Pie can show he's an everyday LF, then is it possible to see if Reimold can play 1B or 3B? I know that the transition from OF to IF is always more difficult than the reverse, but if our goal is to put the best nine players out there, I'd rather see both Pie and Reimold in our future lineup than only one of them. By the time Huff and Mora are gone (which, by the way seems to be farther away than I thought), we'll be begging for infielders. With Pie, Jones, and Markakis, I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to try and turn a guy like Reimold into a corner infielder.

those to guys are hitting the **** out of the ball. and as far as i know the young pitching looking great .