PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again? or just another day..

smarkow
04-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Tough to say if Verlander will be better or worse this season. He looked great at certain times and horrible at others. The walk to Rios really set him back, obviously, and he just lost it from there in the 1st. Then again in the fourth... Had he not walked Rios, where would this game have gone. Toronto's lineup, in my opionion, is tough. no excuses though. Also, having to go against Halladay is not easy. he's one of the top pitchers in baseball. Noone wants to face him.

At least the tigers scored some runs. Nice to see Inge hit the hard. Cabrera was 2-4, Ordonez was 2-4, Granderson with a dinger.

Overall, i like the balance of our lineup much better this year. Hopefully we can salvage a series split. Hell, if we win 1 game we'll be in better shape than last year.

Bondomania
04-07-2009, 04:05 PM
i think it was one game.. and thats it.. give it a few more outting and see where he is at then we can pass judgement on him.

drewstantontime
04-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Sabathia looked like garbage yesterday too, but you know hell turn it on and pitch to his capabilities. I think Verlander will be fine. It was 1 game

JackB
04-08-2009, 07:43 AM
I agree. Not only was CC bad but so was Cliff Lee and Lincecum.Its early.Verlander is clocking high 90's. If he was low 90's and not finding the plate maybe we worry.

smarkow
04-08-2009, 09:46 AM
now how do you feel after last night's game? Great game by Edwin, only to be blown by Lyon, who we picked up to make the bullpen better!!! man i was pissed last night

RicoSteel
04-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Blame last night on Jim Leyland.

Bondomania
04-08-2009, 12:08 PM
i was pissed too.. but as much as i was mad about the game.. there are still 160 games left.. who knows what happens.. maybe Leyland realizes that Lyon has some major issues and stays away from him in clutch situations.. who knows.. i just know this bullpen has got major issues..

JMDTM
04-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Why have the tigers never made a push for a good RP??? I don't get it. It's like this ball club doesn't want help after the starter is off the mound. DD needs to get us something

michigansports8
04-09-2009, 08:45 PM
again dds too cheap rather he makes stupid contracts sighnings we have to payfor part of ren terias contract i think and most of sheffields and robertson and inge and the worst wills.

levignjw
04-09-2009, 09:36 PM
i think it was one game.. and thats it.. give it a few more outting and see where he is at then we can pass judgement on him.

Agreed man, just because we struggled last season doesn't mean we can make assumptions after a few games. Now, if we are 80 more games down the road and struggling to maintain a .500 level then yes, we can start calling for a firesale, but before then I am going to hope for the best. Give it some time, we're gonna be fine