PDA

View Full Version : How is Rafer Alston working out for you guys?

skny_txn
04-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Im a huge Rockets fan and was just curious how Rafer Alston was working out for you guys. Skip was a real topic of conversation here in H-town on a daily basis. I personally liked what he brought to the team, but there were a lot of ppl who couldnt stand anything about him. Just curious.

rapjuicer06
04-06-2009, 03:41 PM
i personally like him. when we brought him in we haven't skipped a beat since jameer left

atomik102
04-06-2009, 03:56 PM
he has been great not many turnovers great asst. man, has been hitting 3's like crazy cant wait till next year he will be a great back up to nelson

EX-TREME
04-07-2009, 04:58 AM
he has been great since coming here to o-town. made solid plays, push the ball, defend well. kudos for otis for bringing him here

MagicBucsSox
04-07-2009, 05:46 AM
hows he worked out? Along with all the things you guys said, He solidifyies my point jameer nelson is expendable and replaceable. Simple as that.

MagicBucsSox
04-07-2009, 05:53 AM
he has been great not many turnovers great asst. man, has been hitting 3's like crazy cant wait till next year he will be a great back up to nelson

its sad that right but he's better than nelson

EX-TREME
04-07-2009, 06:13 AM

hows he worked out? Along with all the things you guys said, He solidifyies my point jameer nelson is expendable and replaceable. Simple as that.

why are you hating on jameer? i mean alston is good and it's argueble to say alston is better on the point than meer but cmon jameer is the reason why we won alot of our games. jameer is a scoring point who pick his spots well while alston throwing up crazy shots. alston is a poor 3 point shooter who should drive to the basket. jameer does all these things skip does but better. Skip also made it clear that he will back up jameer

MAC10TIZZY
04-07-2009, 09:28 AM
seriously, and imo, i dont think we could of sighned a better filler givin' the situation at hand...we didn't lose much,and we gained a whole bunch.......everybody loves skip, every single one of us know they loved watching him on those and1 mix tapes.......he brings excitement, and i watch him just hopeing to see one of the dimes ........GO MAGIC...+

WheaThin
04-07-2009, 09:33 AM

Ha. Jameer is an ALL-STAR point guard. Ask NBA coaches who they'd rather have on their squad.

While I like Rafer and think his pick-up essentially saved the season for us, he is a TERRIBLE shooter. He shoots at least one airball a week.

cheech309
04-07-2009, 12:58 PM

It would make absolutely no sense to get rid of jameer...He's a young point guard, one of only a few that could and will be our franchise point guard for years to come...not to mention he made the all-star team this year??? With Nelson we would be sittin at least number two if not at the number one seed in the east. It simply wouldnt make any sense to trade a young point guard to hand the reigns over to 32 year old aging alston...rafer is a good temporary fix tho

atomik102
04-07-2009, 09:53 PM

any player is expendable, bro u just might aswell get the magic out of your name, you hate nelson,turgs, last season u were hating on lewis, just put bucssox as your name cause your not a true fan for hating on 3 of our staters

JNore151
04-07-2009, 10:19 PM
any player is expendable, bro u just might aswell get the magic out of your name, you hate nelson,turgs, last season u were hating on lewis, just put bucssox as your name cause your not a true fan for hating on 3 of our staters

yea yo i been going back and forth with this dude yo he said jameer wasnt in the top 10 pg in the league.....yo this man is always hatin yo he was even htin on courtny lee.....son needs to fukkkkk off!!!!!!!

GunFactor187
04-07-2009, 10:35 PM
The real question is that what will you guys do with him next season when Nelson comes back?

MagicBucsSox
04-08-2009, 08:53 AM
ok jameer is a better shooter, i never argued that but its more to a Point Guard than scoring, rafer runs the point better and defends better. i never said get rid of jameer for rafer im stating you guys are fooling yourselves thinking jameer is some great pg when all he does is shoot open shots. he averages only 5-6 assist on a team with d12 and all these shooters. he's not a top 10pg "nore" i should you ten current pgs,better.

if his impact on the team is so vital them why we get better? why are we a game from 2nd place? why didnt the magic crumble? you think philly,denver,dallas,,nj,sa,n.o. , utah etc would maintain better yet improve if there pg went down?
and before u ask ill tell you 10 pgs better
obviously dwill #1 in the league but in no order
paul
nash
miller
parker
ellis
kidd
chaunc
harris
gilbert when healthy but we wont count him
hinhrich
rose
like cmon

TheDiggler
04-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Calderon is good, too. Don't know if Jameer or him is better ... but the spaniard dishes out assists with Bosh in his team, which might be a compareable situation to Jameer and D12. I think in playmaking Alston is just matured in his game, which Nelson has still to do ... but he's way younger, so give him time.

MagicBucsSox
04-08-2009, 09:02 AM
why are you hating on jameer? i mean alston is good and it's argueble to say alston is better on the point than meer but cmon jameer is the reason why we won alot of our games. jameer is a scoring point who pick his spots well while alston throwing up crazy shots. alston is a poor 3 point shooter who should drive to the basket. jameer does all these things skip does but better. Skip also made it clear that he will back up jameer

of course he's gonna be the backup uup thats obvious, so other than shoot what does nelson do better other than shoot?

EX-TREME
04-08-2009, 03:26 PM
of course he's gonna be the backup uup thats obvious, so other than shoot what does nelson do better other than shoot?

jameer drives better to the basket and finish better then alston. nelson rebounds better then alston while he is like 2-3 inches shorter. nelson is stronger. he knows is teammates better then alston. nelson takes a better shot then alston.

MagicBucsSox
04-09-2009, 11:12 AM
jameer drives better to the basket and finish better then alston. nelson rebounds better then alston while he is like 2-3 inches shorter. nelson is stronger. he knows is teammates better then alston. nelson takes a better shot then alston.

bro ? he knows his teammates better? lol ok he should ,like im sure rafer knows tmac n yao more. you cant say he's a better rebounder when they average the same homie, you havent named nothing out of scoring he does better. because you cant. raf is a better passer, ballhandler,ballcontrol, defender he's a better point. point blank

MagicBucsSox
04-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Calderon is good, too. Don't know if Jameer or him is better ... but the spaniard dishes out assists with Bosh in his team, which might be a compareable situation to Jameer and D12. I think in playmaking Alston is just matured in his game, which Nelson has still to do ... but he's way younger, so give him time.

ya i forgot him

EX-TREME
04-10-2009, 10:40 AM
bro ? he knows his teammates better? lol ok he should ,like im sure rafer knows tmac n yao more. you cant say he's a better rebounder when they average the same homie, you havent named nothing out of scoring he does better. because you cant. raf is a better passer, ballhandler,ballcontrol, defender he's a better point. point blank

what i meant was that he meshed with everybody before. jameer was a top 5 rebounding pg before injury. jameer pick up the scoring slack for hedo or shard or d-12. he is a good leader. skip is a good defender but not so much better then nelson. nelson has improved his defense from last season.

PennyMy#1
04-10-2009, 01:25 PM
I think Alston is more of what a classcic-PG is and does. While Nelson is something like a crossing between a young and a bit unexperienced PG and a small but scoring SG. They both have their assets which the other hasn't so, I think they both are a good addition to each other.

If you want an answer who is the better PG. Then we have to look on what you expect and want from a PG. How a playmaker is classically known to be. There's alway going to be some guys who mix up two types in one. The better classic PG to me is Alston. But Alston is way more experienced and has very different abillities. It's not easy to compare them both even if they are two PG's. So, Alston better PG in a classic way. Nelson should start, he's our All-Star.

EX-TREME
04-11-2009, 09:38 AM
I think Alston is more of what a classcic-PG is and does. While Nelson is something like a crossing between a young and a bit unexperienced PG and a small but scoring SG. They both have their assets which the other hasn't so, I think they both are a good addition to each other.

If you want an answer who is the better PG. Then we have to look on what you expect and want from a PG. How a playmaker is classically known to be. There's alway going to be some guys who mix up two types in one. The better classic PG to me is Alston. But Alston is way more experienced and has very different abillities. It's not easy to compare them both even if they are two PG's. So, Alston better PG in a classic way. Nelson should start, he's our All-Star.

:clap: well said