PDA

View Full Version : Can UCONN Women Beat A Mens Team?

MilfHunter07
04-05-2009, 02:11 PM
SImple thread, do you think they could beat the worst mens team in the country?

cwilson21
04-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Hell no. They would get demolished.

mkool65
04-05-2009, 04:25 PM
not a chance in hell. It would be a 40 point blowout at least. I think any D1 or 2 school would beat almost any WNBA team.

sdweston757
04-05-2009, 07:14 PM

maybe the worst mens league team on the planet... and even that would be close

oshea225
04-05-2009, 07:59 PM
i'd say the men would likely win, but i'd give uconn a stronger chance than everyone else has

MilfHunter07
04-05-2009, 08:36 PM
why? they have blown everyone out and no team has come close to them. i think it would be very close between them and, say, njit

LivingThroughMe
04-05-2009, 09:08 PM
why? they have blown everyone out and no team has come close to them. i think it would be very close between them and, say, njit

First of all, women's teams have a serious height disadvantage. Where a 6'4" woman is a center in their league, they'd be a guard for a mens team.

Not to mention, they also have a vertical leap disadvantage. Allyssa DeHaan on MSU is 6'9" and still cannot dunk. To compare, Lewis Jackson of Purdue is 5'9" and can dunk under the right circumstances. The women would get slaughtered on the boards.

I'm convinced there could be a 20% FGPCT differential in favor of UConn and they would still lose. Rebounds and second chance points would just be ridiculous.

sdweston757
04-05-2009, 11:38 PM

NJIT would beat uconn by 25

SidTheKid
04-05-2009, 11:39 PM

No.

JakeDelbreezy
04-06-2009, 08:10 AM
All the men's team would have to do is dump it down to whoever their big is and let him dunk every time....

acousticmike80
04-06-2009, 11:02 AM
To be fair and honest.....no I do not think so.

I have played pickup games with D-1 women before. The town I live in has had some great local college players who often play in pickup games.

The few women I did play against were very good. Granted, the majority of the players in the game were probably high school varsity or "good" weekend player level.

I would never underestimate their individual skill, but the sheer size/strength differential would be too much to overcome.

However I am not one of the macho idiots who thinks they can take any women's player in a one-on-one game. They can play ball....

But a 5 on 5 against a D1 or D2 team would not go well for them.

niners395
04-06-2009, 06:17 PM
I think they could, I was once watching a uconn womens game and montgomery was dribbling up court and just pulled up a shot from half court, and made it, it was ridiculous.

gocubs2118
04-06-2009, 06:39 PM
A divison III team would beat the UCONN women's team.

Bulls_fan90
04-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Yes. If Wade was out Uconn would blow out the heat :D

Duncan = Donkey
04-06-2009, 11:01 PM
lol, no.

cambovenzi
04-06-2009, 11:04 PM
A divison III team would beat the UCONN women's team.

this.

if we are talking about some YMCA league team, then sure.
if we are talking about a legit mens college basketball team, hell no.

Ollie Tabooger
04-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Anything is possible, but that's not possible

Padres Son
04-07-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm sure it's possible that they COULD. But it's unlikely. UConn would be better coached, better shooters, better passers, but they'd have a big disadvantage in athleticism.

xmoney328
04-07-2009, 03:23 PM
I've seen NJIT try to play basketball...UCONN will beat them by 10 max...They got Mya Moore this girl is a future NBA star

brandonwarne52
04-07-2009, 03:28 PM
I've seen NJIT try to play basketball...UCONN will beat them by 10 max...They got Mya Moore this girl is a future NBA star

Huh?

Wrigleyboy25
04-07-2009, 03:31 PM
They'd lose to high school teams.

mkool65
04-07-2009, 04:26 PM
agreed.

fins08
04-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Yes. If Wade was out Uconn would blow out the heat :D

I think if we cloned Mark Blount and Chris Quinn to make 3 Mark Blount's and 2 Chris Quinn's we can beat them. And we can beat the Bulls with that too :p
Seriously, all you need is a 6'8 player, have him dominate.Easily will win

Padres Son
04-10-2009, 12:11 PM
I think if we cloned Mark Blount and Chris Quinn to make 3 Mark Blount's and 2 Chris Quinn's we can beat them. And we can beat the Bulls with that too :p
Seriously, all you need is a 6'8 player, have him dominate.Easily will winUnless the women can get her back on the team: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_Wolters

She's hot.

jetsfan89
04-11-2009, 12:33 AM
hell no. and this isnt a macho thing, but when it comes to the game of basketball, a mens basketball team (could be the worst in the country) is better than a womans basketball team (could be the best like UCONN). someone mentioned that a 6'4 woman is a center while a 6'4 man is a guard. height advantage alone a mans basketball team has got it already. then you add in the athleticism advantage. they would control the rebounds and would drive to the basket with ease. meanwhile UCONN would get nothing on offense.

it cant happen.

IrespectNumber3
04-11-2009, 09:12 AM
this.

if we are talking about some YMCA league team, then sure.
if we are talking about a legit mens college basketball team, hell no.

exactly...they cant beat a NIT team or a Tourney team

IrespectNumber3
04-11-2009, 09:14 AM
You have to think to win games...you have to rebound...IF the tallest player on the womans team is 6'4 it isnt gonna cut it....

The mens team can probably out rebound them at a very high ratio...Womans basketball also lacks...Great ball control...and there aren't too many quick shooters....

Testaverde16
04-12-2009, 10:44 PM
UNC Asheville would destroy UConn women..... Men are that much better at sports. No offense, that's just how it is.

braveniler58
04-13-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm a huge Women's basketball and a huge UConn fan.

That said, STOP COMPARING MEN'S BASKETBALL TO WOMEN'S BASKETBALL.

While they are both basketball, they are *completely* different leagues.

To repeat what previous posters said, there are so many differences between the men and women ballers. First and foremostly, the size difference is tremendous. There are several centers in the WNBA that are just 6'3 tall. That's Steve Nash tall.

There are plenty of athletic women playing basketball, of course. However, overall, the men are much more athletic, talented, and skilled. One on one, some women could beat some men (in the NCAA). For sure, that's not a question at all. However, a five on five on the court? No, that's not happening.

Every single women's basketball fan knows this. Every. Single. One.

Stop comparing them. They are completely different from each other. Comparing them just makes the women look bad, and that is entirely unfair to them (and thus why a lot of men belittle the WNBA and women's basketball overall, because they don't meet up to their men counterparts).

Let me repeat this.

Completely. Different. Leagues. Entirely.

Please, do the women a favor and stop comparing them to the men. The women are not going to beat the men for quite a while, but they (for the most part) are enjoyable. You just need to understand the fact that they are different than the men. You can't expect the same thing out of the women's game, because you'll only come out disappointed.

nady4president
04-13-2009, 10:47 PM
no

Afridi786
04-13-2009, 11:55 PM
No way.

Hustla23
04-15-2009, 12:53 PM
If the UConn women's basketball team shot 100% from the field and from three point range, then sure.

That way, they don't have to rebound and they can just outshoot the men's team.

:)

metsjmo175
04-15-2009, 01:02 PM
not a chance in hell. It would be a 40 point blowout at least. I think any D1 or 2 school would beat almost any WNBA team.

my college team would probably get manhandled by the UConn women - Division I Southern Conference

sunswin532
04-18-2009, 05:56 PM
this is the worst argument ever. i play on the ASU women's basketball scout team. the scout team is just a bunch of regular ASU students, with prior basketball experience and skill (just picture a good intramural player), who practice against the girls to give them good competition in practice other than themselves. most colleges have scout teams for their women's basketball team. when we scrimmage the girls, my scout team will win 9 times out of 10. ASU women's team made the elite 8 and played UCONN tough (down 10: within striking distance) for most of the game. basically what i'm saying is that my scout team is probably just as good, if not better than the UCONN women's team. there is no way that any of the other players, nor myself, could even come close to playing with a division 1 men's basketball team. as a team, our scout team would get destroyed by a Junior College. I would say that the girls are a little better than us skill wise, but we are just taller, faster, stronger, and jump higher.

btw, just so u know: I don't do scout team because it gives me good competition, because it doesn't. I play with the scout team because by doing so, they provide the players with free gear (shirts, shorts, shoes), free access to any ASU sporting event(basketball, football, baseball games), and access to trainers/doctors (if sick, if injured, i go and see them and they take care of me immediately, and for free). If it wasn't for these benefits they wouldn't get enough people to participate in the scout team.

D-Train#35
04-18-2009, 11:45 PM
^and how in the **** do you get on these teams?

atl_braves_fan
04-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Not a chance.

plpfctn
04-21-2009, 04:27 PM
maybe a HS basketball team but no a college team. if it wasn't for don imus i wouldn't know anything about womens basketball.