PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers 2-6 vs. Celtics, Lakers, Magic

69centers
04-04-2009, 10:25 AM
While they are dominant against most of the league, their true colors seem to show against the elite. I just don't think they have the bench or enough non-Lebron personnel to make it all the way.

macc
04-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Its all about matchups. I just think they have trouble in the half court offense at times against teams that are good defensively. Plus they don't have much athletic ability in their front court. Joe Smith helped but they need a Kenyon Martin type player to battle downlow. Thats one reason my Magic beat them, they exploit their weakness in the front court. The Cav's will be just fine if they play the right team but I think they'll have their problems against the Celtics/Magic as you witnessed the masacre that was called a basketball game last night.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Its all about matchups. I just think they have trouble in the half court offense at times against teams that are good defensively. Plus they don't have much athletic ability in their front court. Joe Smith helped but they need a Kenyon Martin type player to battle downlow. Thats one reason my Magic beat them, they exploit their weakness in the front court. The Cav's will be just fine if they play the right team but I think they'll have their problems against the Celtics/Magic as you witnessed the masacre that was called a basketball game last night.

even tho i wanted the Magic to lose bc of seeding, i could not bring myself to cheer for the cavs. i enjoyed that last night.

lakersrock
04-04-2009, 11:20 AM
It's because they don't have the true MVP on their team.

Brooke
04-04-2009, 11:41 AM
it really is a telling stat

prodigy
04-04-2009, 11:46 AM
While they are dominant against most of the league, their true colors seem to show against the elite. I just don't think they have the bench or enough non-Lebron personnel to make it all the way.

lucky for the cavs its not 3 teams vs 1. The cavs will most likely beat the celtics in cleveland. Since last 15 games the home team has won.

Cavs do struggle against better teams on the road. at home only the lakers beat us. They will be hard to beat in the finals, But lebron is ready.

Boston and magic will destroy each other in the second round, so whoever moves on will be very tired. Thats why 1st seed is so important.

wwwhat
04-04-2009, 11:48 AM
It's because they don't have the true MVP on their team.

Lol...

But yeah, I'm not sold on it. Especially considering if they get HCA throughout the playoffs.

At least their problems are coming out now. Hopefully giving them these last few games to figure it out and implement any changes for the playoffs. And I don't understand why now they're having a terrible time in their half-court defense. Either somethings wrong (hopefully they just needed a wake-up call) or teams have figured them out. Oh well, good thing they have a great coach and I think they could easily come out of this 2 game stretch a far better team than before.

brownies23
04-04-2009, 11:49 AM
its a telling stat, but bot loses to orlando were on the back half of back to backs, plus they were on the road.we have beat both boston and orlando at home, and we almost beat the lakers at home when we werent at full strength.so as long as we continue to b dominate at home, we will be fine.

Lakers211221
04-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Cleveland is tough at home...but, there is 1 team that can take them there!

RaysFan
04-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Cleveland is also 2-1 against those teams at home, which is why HCA is important to Cleveland. Odds are that Boston beats Orlando and faces Cleveland in the ECF. Considering Boston's big-3 is 0-6 against Cleveland in Cleveland, I think the Cavs get the edge in that series. Then, if they make it to the NBA Finals, everything goes out the window.

todu82
04-04-2009, 11:57 AM
2 and 6 against the other 3 top teams is a telling stat for Cleveland. The playoffs are different but it could mean trouble for Cleveland in the playoffs if they don't learn from their mistakes in those games.

prodigy
04-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Cleveland is tough at home...but, there is 1 team that can take them there!

why would the lakers take the cavs home? they wanna date them or something. Hey thats cool I don't judge.

Lakers211221
04-04-2009, 11:59 AM
its a telling stat, but bot loses to orlando were on the back half of back to backs, plus they were on the road.we have beat both boston and orlando at home, and we almost beat the lakers at home when we werent at full strength.so as long as we continue to b dominate at home, we will be fine.

Your "almost wins" against the Lakers were 17 and 10 point losses, in the closer of the two (the later one in Cleveland) you were missing Delonte West and we were missing Bynum...Bynum is a much bigger loss!

Lakers211221
04-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Cleveland is also 2-1 against those teams at home, which is why HCA is important to Cleveland. Odds are that Boston beats Orlando and faces Cleveland in the ECF. Considering Boston's big-3 is 0-6 against Cleveland in Cleveland, I think the Cavs get the edge in that series. Then, if they make it to the NBA Finals, everything goes out the window.

...and 0-5 on the road against those teams, so all Boston, Orlando, and LA have to do is steal one on the road and Cleveland is done! (That is if LA doesn't have home court which they might)

Lakers211221
04-04-2009, 12:04 PM
why would the lakers take the cavs home? they wanna date them or something. Hey thats cool I don't judge.

I got to watch them take it to them at home on Feb 8th at the Q! The CAVS fans didn't like me that much that day...it was nice hearing MVP chants in Cleveland for Kobe though :D

prodigy
04-04-2009, 12:05 PM
2 and 6 against the other 3 top teams is a telling stat for Cleveland. The playoffs are different but it could mean trouble for Cleveland in the playoffs if they don't learn from their mistakes in those games.

lakers were 0-2 against the cavs last season.

people really just put to much into the regular season. So your going to tell me that cleveland will not make adjustments? or just play better?

The magic live and die by the 3. lewis sucks in cleveland, and with lebron covering him in the playoffs, don't expect much. they won't win in cleveland.

boston, They have not won in cleveland since 2004 I believe. last season they could not win in cleveland during the playoffs. add mo to the cavs, and take posey and brown off the celtics. it won't happen.

lakers They can't touch us tell the finals, so I could really careless rght now about them.

Also don't forget, the celtics and magic will beat the crap out of each other in round 2.

macc
04-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Your "almost wins" against the Lakers were 17 and 10 point losses, in the closer of the two (the later one in Cleveland) you were missing Delonte West and we were missing Bynum...Bynum is a much bigger loss!

That's why I never use injury as an excuse. Its part of the game. Man up and play ball. If somone goes out that averages 15 pts a game then let the two bench guys that average 6 and 7 pts a game step up and give them 10 a piece. That's why they call it a "team" sport, no one player is bigger then the team.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if one injury kills a team that bad then they weren't much of a team to begin with. Plus we're not even talking about injuries to Lebron or Kobe, we're talking about 4th and 5th scoring options. Now if a team lost their # 1 it's tough to come back from that, but seriously now, a 4th or 5th option. A good bench should be able to recover well. Just sayin.....

Brooke
04-04-2009, 12:08 PM

they havent beaten the Lakers though, they are the one loss at home and that was without Bynum and a sick Kobe

prodigy
04-04-2009, 12:08 PM
...and 0-5 on the road against those teams, so all Boston, Orlando, and LA have to do is steal one on the road and Cleveland is done! (That is if LA doesn't have home court which they might)

All i have to do is pick the right lottery numbers and IM RICH!!!! WOOOOO!!

RaysFan
04-04-2009, 12:09 PM

But then all Cleveland has to do is win 1 game on the road and the OTHER team is done! It is all relative. Give Cleveland the HCA in the East and they are the favorites to win the East.

prodigy
04-04-2009, 12:09 PM
I got to watch them take it to them at home on Feb 8th at the Q! The CAVS fans didn't like me that much that day...it was nice hearing MVP chants in Cleveland for Kobe though :D

I was there, I did not hear any.

RaysFan
04-04-2009, 12:13 PM
they havent beaten the Lakers though, they are the one loss at home and that was without Bynum and a sick Kobe

But that was also with Lamar Odom playing outside of his mind. LA was down by 10 at halftime and Lamar Odom had one of the best quarters I have seen this year to help LA win that game. The game was won in the 3rd quarter where Odom had something like 12 points and 12 rebounds.

But regardless, Cleveland swept the Spurs the year they went to the NBA Finals. How did that work for them against SA? Cleveland also swept the Lakers last year. How much did that really mean?

Cleveland just has to get HCA in the East. If they do that, they have a great shot to get to the NBA Finals. If they can get HCA in the entire playoffs, they have a shot to win it all.

Lakers211221
04-04-2009, 12:16 PM
I was there, I did not hear any.

Then you must have left early...because I heard it loud and clearly when Kobe went to the free throw line in the last minute

macc
04-04-2009, 12:24 PM

people really just put to much into the regular season. So your going to tell me that cleveland will not make adjustments? or just play better?

The magic live and die by the 3. lewis sucks in cleveland, and with lebron covering him in the playoffs, don't expect much. they won't win in cleveland.
boston, They have not won in cleveland since 2004 I believe. last season they could not win in cleveland during the playoffs. add mo to the cavs, and take posey and brown off the celtics. it won't happen.

lakers They can't touch us tell the finals, so I could really careless rght now about them.

Also don't forget, the celtics and magic will beat the crap out of each other in round 2.

Seriously? Coming from a Clevland fan who has just got handed their worse loss of the year, you are already guarenteeing the Magic "won't" beat Clevland on their home court? Come on man, don't be a homer. You were prob one of the same guys that "guarenteed" Orlando was gonna get beat by a heathly Cav's team and considered the other Magic win a fluke because West and Z were out.

Bottom line is noone is gonna know whats going to happen in the playoffs. You have 3 elite teams in East battling it out, it's been a while since I've seen a playoff bracket with 3 elite teams all capable of winning it all. It will be fun to watch nonethe less. I just hope our teams can back up half the stuff we talk them up to be. Or else WE are gonna be the ones who looks like fools. We have the easy part. We just sit back and debate who's better. Its our teams that have to do all the dirty work.

RaysFan
04-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Then you must have left early...because I heard it loud and clearly when Kobe went to the free throw line in the last minute

You just got completely owned.

Kobe Bryant did not take 1 free throw in the entire 4th quarter!!!

Want to revise your original statement? When did you hear all of these "MVP" chants in Cleveland? LMAO.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=290208005&period=4

prodigy
04-04-2009, 12:26 PM

Nope third row behind visiting team. Did not hear anything like that. I called odom names.. Not sure why i was drinking.

when paul gasol was walking to the bench i called him marc lol. but no chants. Mybe in the upper levels but it was drained out pretty quickly. Plus there's alot of front running laker fans as we all know.

prodigy
04-04-2009, 12:28 PM
you just got completely owned.

kobe bryant did not take 1 free throw in the entire 4th quarter!!!

want to revise your original statement? When did you hear all of these "mvp" chants in cleveland? Lmao.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameid=290208005&period=4

FACED!!!!!!! I knew i did not hear anything.

macc
04-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Nope third row behind visiting team. Did not hear anything like that. I called odom names.. Not sure why i was drinking.

when paul gasol was walking to the bench i called him marc lol. but no chants. Mybe in the upper levels but it was drained out pretty quickly. Plus there's alot of front running laker fans as we all know.

Must be nice to get to go to a game and sit that close. I live in North Dakota where the closetest games are Twolves games, everyone knows how exciting they are to watch.

JayW_1023
04-04-2009, 12:38 PM
I'll wait for the playoffs, where you will truly see how team measure up to one another.

cvburg
04-04-2009, 12:46 PM
As a magic fan i love watching the cavs get destroyed but i am not putting a lot of faith into it because the playoffs trigger something in some players and the last player i want to see hungry for a ring is the likes of lebron james...hopefully howard gets that spark too but great players in the playoffs are a different beast

CoKe WaVe
04-04-2009, 12:58 PM

lmfaooooo, nice to see you use actual facts

such as Lewis sucks, and team that swept ya'll this year cant touch you in the finals because, wait because why ?

CoKe WaVe
04-04-2009, 12:59 PM
And Please dont act like they werent playin hard yesterday

they still tryin to get Home Court Advantage Throughout

BTownTeamsRKing
04-04-2009, 01:19 PM
cavs fans are hilarious.

they just got smashed by the Magic and we got garrauntees that the Magic cant beat cleveland. why? because of homecourt? the floor u play doesnt mean anything if the other team just beat u by 30.

u know for a city that hasnt won anything in long time, we sure got a lot of cockiness out of claveland fans.

i think teams finally realized that they are a 1 man team and the rest of the team can be shut down with good defense.

u know whats even more funny? the Celtics beat them without KG and the according to every cleveland fan, Boston doesnt have a chance.

the Lakers went in their house and beat them and yet the Lakers have no CHANCE. ha funny funny funny.

edit: i have to add, i bet u guys think the Hawks will be a cake walk too.

underestmate your opponents and u will be shocked.

EX-TREME
04-04-2009, 01:47 PM
cavs fans are hilarious.

they just got smashed by the Magic and we got garrauntees that the Magic cant beat cleveland. why? because of homecourt? the floor u play doesnt mean anything if the other team just beat u by 30.

u know for a city that hasnt won anything in long time, we sure got a lot of cockiness out of claveland fans.

i think teams finally realized that they are a 1 man team and the rest of the team can be shut down with good defense.

u know whats even more funny? the Celtics beat them without KG and the according to every cleveland fan, Boston doesnt have a chance.

the Lakers went in their house and beat them and yet the Lakers have no CHANCE. ha funny funny funny.

:clap:

EX-TREME
04-04-2009, 01:49 PM

wait for the playoffs instead of predicting :pity: you know that we and boston matchup very well with you guys

MVMarauder
04-04-2009, 01:49 PM
I don't see the cleveland cavs beating out the Celtics in the playoffs. They don't match up to the Celtics. If they do make the finals they don't match up ot the Lakers starting lineup.

D Blue987
04-04-2009, 02:22 PM
The Cavs will be in trouble if they dont get home court over the Lakers and they play them in the finals.

Brooke
04-04-2009, 02:23 PM
cavs fans are hilarious.

Well said :clap:

BTownTeamsRKing
04-04-2009, 04:48 PM
good to see i got ppl agreeing

G-Funk
04-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Cleveland wont make it to the FInals, any bets?

JJ81
04-04-2009, 04:59 PM
What's their records vs the Magic?

EX-TREME
04-04-2009, 05:05 PM
What's their records vs the Magic?

magic has won the season series with 2-1

cmstophe
04-04-2009, 06:41 PM
I don't see the cleveland cavs beating out the Celtics in the playoffs. They don't match up to the Celtics. If they do make the finals they don't match up ot the Lakers starting lineup.

They match up fine with Boston. They know they can beat Boston in a 7 game series.

It's Orlando they don't want to play because the Magic have a huge match up advantage.

This stat means nothing. Playoffs are a different scenario.

cavs fans are hilarious.

LOL

Works both ways buddy. Underestimate Cleveland, keep doing it.

Kakaroach
04-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Meh its just regular season so no big deal. Playoffs will be different in a seven game series, but Orlando looked terrific last night.

#1Mavericksfan
04-04-2009, 06:55 PM
The Cavs are the season champs that's all...some team is gonna expose them in the playoffs like the Magic did.

dwiduck
04-04-2009, 07:08 PM
lmfaooooo, nice to see you use actual facts

such as Lewis sucks, and team that swept ya'll this year cant touch you in the finals because, wait because why ?

he said the Lakers can't touch them TILL the finals, we all know how good the Lakers are.

horry1ur
04-04-2009, 07:23 PM
cavs fans are hilarious.

Wow! Hell is freezing over..because i finally agree with you.

GspLAL
04-04-2009, 07:41 PM

I know right..

cmstophe
04-04-2009, 07:46 PM
The Cavs are the season champs that's all...some team is gonna expose them in the playoffs like the Magic did.

So losing a game is "being exposed"?

Interesting. I guess the Magic have been exposed numerous times by a bad Pistons team, or Boston when they got swept by LAL.

Meh its just regular season so no big deal. Playoffs will be different in a seven game series, but Orlando looked terrific last night.

Yes they looked great, they were hitting their shots.

JJ81
04-04-2009, 07:55 PM

Season aint over yet.

_KB24_
04-04-2009, 08:08 PM
The Lakers, Magic, and the Celtics always have the upper hand on the Cavs is because of their interior big men. Lebron still manages to drive it to the basket from time to time but having to face Bynum, Howard, and KG isnt a walk in the park. He is forced to his jumper which is not consistent so I'd never pick the Cavs to win a series against any of them.

EHL
04-04-2009, 08:35 PM
I dont think this will be the case in the playoffs. Keep in mind that the Cavs will have HCA over Boston,Orlando and quite possibly the Lakers.

Cavs are unbeatable at home. in a 7 game series, I think they will take those teams down. Lebron also plays better in the playoffs. I expect him to raise his game up when facing Kobe and his team, and this reason alone makes them the favorite.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-04-2009, 08:42 PM
They match up fine with Boston. They know they can beat Boston in a 7 game series.

It's Orlando they don't want to play because the Magic have a huge match up advantage.

This stat means nothing. Playoffs are a different scenario.

LOL

Works both ways buddy. Underestimate Cleveland, keep doing it.

where did I say Boston was def gonna kill cleveland? no where.

cleveland is a 1 man team. everyone knows it. Lebron goes down, they are finished. can't say that about any other contender. Boston lost KG and about 4 other key players and they were at least OK. if cleveland lost LBJ, they wouldnt win 1 game.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-04-2009, 08:43 PM

haha i speak the truth. thats all

Brooke
04-04-2009, 08:46 PM
I dont think this will be the case in the playoffs. Keep in mind that the Cavs will have HCA over Boston,Orlando and quite possibly the Lakers.

Cavs are unbeatable at home. in a 7 game series, I think they will take those teams down. Lebron also plays better in the playoffs. I expect him to raise his game up when facing Kobe and his team, and this reason alone makes them the favorite.

The Lakers have proven they can beat them there, and no one thought they could do it. I think the Lakers can beat them there, they do have the best road record and the experience from last year. If Boston has a healthy KG I think they could too

tjlipford
04-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Home court advantage is very important for us. True, Orlando is very good, but we will get the home court advantage at least in the East and I don't see them beating us in a 7 game series in game 7 at the Q. Also the same for Boston, It will go seven with Boston and neither team can win on the others floor and I don't see us losing to Boston again in the Playoffs except this time game 7 will be on our floor with a better Cavs team with Mo and Lebron. But, that's why you play the game because anything is possible.

No team has beaten us on our home floor but the Lakeshow and that's the only team I feel as though can beat us at home or away.

If it's one thing I know is that we protect our home court regardless of what anyone says. 36-1 is no fluke.

cmstophe
04-04-2009, 09:00 PM
where did I say Boston was def gonna kill cleveland? no where.

cleveland is a 1 man team. everyone knows it. Lebron goes down, they are finished. can't say that about any other contender. Boston lost KG and about 4 other key players and they were at least OK. if cleveland lost LBJ, they wouldnt win 1 game.

Yes they would. But no, they wouldn't be a contender.

Just like the Magic would be trash without Howard.

Just like the Lakers would be trash without Kobe.

Just like the Heat would be LOL worthy without Wade.

Boston is the only team with three hall of famers on it, yet they still aren't invincible. It merely means they can operate during periods without one of them.

The sooner you wrap your head around that, the sooner you will actually be intelligible.I find it hilarious that even after this year when Mo Williams is averaging the same PPG as Gasol, when Cleveland's supporting cast has finally risen to the occasion, people still see Cleveland as a one man team. Must be that arrogance/superiority complex coming through.

BeantownBill
04-04-2009, 09:00 PM
"They match up fine with Boston. They know they can beat Boston in a 7 game series."

Because they've won it all and beaten the Celtics in doing so oh WAIT .. actually, they haven't.

In fact, they haven't done a damned thing yet.

The Cavs are capable of winning it all, sure. Until they actually do, it's all just talk. It's real easy to talk. As a Celtics fan I will say this: If Garnett isn't healthy enough to play come the 2nd round (again, assuming they get there) it won't matter who they match up with.

You sleep on the Magic, and you're gonna get your heads caved in. I don't give a damn how good Lebron is, he won't win anything by himself.

cmstophe
04-04-2009, 09:02 PM
"They match up fine with Boston. They know they can beat Boston in a 7 game series."

Because they've won it all and beaten the Celtics in doing so oh WAIT .. actually, they haven't.

In fact, they haven't done a damned thing yet.

The Cavs are capable of winning it all, sure. Until they actually do, it's all just talk. It's real easy to talk. As a Celtics fan I will say this: If Garnett isn't healthy enough to play come the 2nd round (again, assuming they get there) it won't matter who they match up with.

You sleep on the Magic, and you're gonna get your heads caved in. I don't give a damn how good Lebron is, he won't win anything by himself.

Sleep on the Cavs (which you're doing) and the same will happen to you. If you even get there.

Your team is the one that has to face them! :clap: Not mine. ROFL, so you should direct your lecture elsewhere.

Boston is of no matter. Neither is Orlando. because Cleveland will not even face one of them, and we won't know which one for a while here. But the Cavs know for sure they can beat Boston, and Boston knows they cant win at the Q.

tjlipford
04-04-2009, 09:05 PM
It's critical we get that #1 seed at least in the East because in the 2nd round Boston and Orlando will beat up on each other and then have to come to Cleveland for the next series.

That MASSACRE last night put something on the Cavs, but I think we will bounce back and be fine for the Playoffs. We have a chance to redeem ourselves Sunday at home against the Spurs. I always thought the Magic were scary especially with a healthy Jameer. They are tough because they are big, have Dwight and can shoot the lights out.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-04-2009, 09:13 PM
I think its only fair to show the Caveliers record against the 3 worst teams in the league.

tjlipford
04-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Yes they would. But no, they wouldn't be a contender.

Just like the Magic would be trash without Howard.

Just like the Lakers would be trash without Kobe.

Just like the Heat would be LOL worthy without Wade.

Boston is the only team with three hall of famers on it, yet they still aren't invincible. It merely means they can operate during periods without one of them.

The sooner you wrap your head around that, the sooner you will actually be intelligible.I find it hilarious that even after this year when Mo Williams is averaging the same PPG as Gasol, when Cleveland's supporting cast has finally risen to the occasion, people still see Cleveland as a one man team. Must be that arrogance/superiority complex coming through.
AGREED. I wish people stop saying stuff like that. In any sport you need that 1 player who is going to get you over the edge. So, of course if you take Lebron off the Cavs then they are just an average team. The same went for mostly any other team that has won anything in sports such as the Bulls with Jordan, Lakers with Shaq, Patriots with Tom Brady, I mean what do people think. These type of people are called FRANCHISE players.

EHL
04-04-2009, 09:58 PM
The Lakers have proven they can beat them there, and no one thought they could do it. I think the Lakers can beat them there, they do have the best road record and the experience from last year. If Boston has a healthy KG I think they could too

Lakers won because of a freak game from Odom.

Believe me, in a playoff series, I dont think the Lakers ca replicate that performance @ Cleveland.

NO siree bob.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Cleveland will find a way to win. They'll have Homecourt and all the games they played against those teams at home they won. Lakers being an exception.

Cleveland will find a way to win. Lebron is a beast when it comes playoff time. He has a couple of bad games but what player hasn't.

EHL
04-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Cleveland will find a way to win. They'll have Homecourt and all the games they played against those teams at home they won. Lakers being an exception.

Cleveland will find a way to win. Lebron is a beast when it comes playoff time. He has a couple of bad games but what player hasn't.

Yes. Just like the series against Boston last year. He had an aweful performance for the first 3 games but quickly adjusted on Boston's defense and dropped 43 points and took the series to 7 games.

Lebron is a beast.

cmstophe
04-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Lakers won because of a freak game from Odom.

Believe me, in a playoff series, I dont think the Lakers ca replicate that performance @ Cleveland.

NO siree bob.

I assume you're kidding. The Lakers are the one team I can see balling with Cleveland on its home court.

EHL
04-04-2009, 10:23 PM
I assume you're kidding. The Lakers are the one team I can see balling with Cleveland on its home court.

As a Laker fan, no im not kidding. The Lakers have been very inconsistent on defense all year long. Whoever thinks that the Lakers can magically switch that button and stop the leagues owner of the best home record with just 1 loss is not in the right frame of mind.

cmstophe
04-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Celtics will fade in a year or two.

The East will be epic duels between the Magic and Cavaliers for a long time.

cmstophe
04-04-2009, 10:28 PM
As a Laker fan, no im not kidding. The Lakers have been very inconsistent on defense all year long. Whoever thinks that the Lakers can magically switch that button and stop the leagues owner of the best home record with just 1 loss is not in the right frame of mind.

You are the most logical Laker fan I have ever seen. Ever.

I dont necessarily think you have much to worry about as I think the Lakers have a great shot to beat the Cavs if they face them, but I admire you not being an arrogant POS like 90% of your brethren.

Kakaroach
04-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Celtics will fade in a year or two. This is something I have thought about for a while. They Big 3 will be title contenders for a few more years, but what happens after that? They don't have any really good young talent other than Rajon Rondo. The Cavs will still get to the ECF though. That home court is gonna be huge for them.

cmstophe
04-04-2009, 10:50 PM
This is something I have thought about for a while. They Big 3 will be title contenders for a few more years, but what happens after that? They don't have any really good young talent other than Rajon Rondo. The Cavs will still get to the ECF though. That home court is gonna be huge for them.

They will be terrible again.

But it's okay, they got a title out of those trades, so it was obviously worth it.

I was just saying it'll be the Magic and Cavs in the East for a long time, it's gonna be fun.

EHL
04-04-2009, 11:01 PM

I dont necessarily think you have much to worry about as I think the Lakers have a great shot to beat the Cavs if they face them, but I admire you not being an arrogant POS like 90% of your brethren.

Lol. Thanks. I call it like I see it, thats why some Laker fans thinks im actually a Cavs/Lebron fan.

On a serious note, thats why I hope LA gets HCA, because if they dont, then the margin of Cleveland's chance to win the title will go up.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-04-2009, 11:23 PM
They will be terrible again.

But it's okay, they got a title out of those trades, so it was obviously worth it.

I was just saying it'll be the Magic and Cavs in the East for a long time, it's gonna be fun.

many, if not every team would trade their entire future if they could get 3-4 years of championship contention. thats what its a lot about. how long is a championship window open most of the time whether the team is old or young? not long. the Spurs are the exception.

the cavs window could be this yr and next if LBJ bounces. no team is great forever when a salary cap is involved.

besides, I was a Celtics fan it was the Pierce, Rondo, and Big AL show and ill still be watchen in five years when Rondo is running the show. the trades were already a success. we got banner 17, now its time to build on it.

asfor cleveland, Celtics beat em last year and they can beat them again. dont even mention James Posey. Rondo and Perkins have both made unbelievable strides. i could keep explaining, but ill let them prove it.

G-Funk
04-04-2009, 11:25 PM

he's a Cavs fan with a Lakers Avatar. Look at all his posts they are about Cleveland being the best team and how Lebron is so much better than Kobe. never have I seen him post in Lakers forum.

what54!?
04-04-2009, 11:27 PM
we'll see if this matters come playoff time

EHL
04-04-2009, 11:34 PM
he's a Cavs fan with a Lakers Avatar. Look at all his posts they are about Cleveland being the best team and how Lebron is so much better than Kobe. never have I seen him post in Lakers forum.

Not true. Using the same logic, Im not a Cavs fan either. I never posted at the Cavs forum.

BTW, I did post at the Lakers forum once. But really, I try to stay away from that forum. There's a lot of Kobe fanbois there that gives me migraine with their posts.

Been a Laker fan since 93 ;)

Kakaroach
04-04-2009, 11:35 PM
we'll see if this matters come playoff time Exactly. I don't think it matters as much as some people think it does. But we'll see come playoff time.

IversonIsKrazy
04-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Cavs will win the East no doubt. But lakers can maybe take them, even if Cleveland has home-court.

EX-TREME
04-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Cavs will win the East no doubt. But lakers can maybe take them, even if Cleveland has home-court.

cavs are the favorute but thier road to the finals is going to be tough. i think lakers win this if they meet cavs

cmstophe
04-05-2009, 07:11 PM
many, if not every team would trade their entire future if they could get 3-4 years of championship contention. thats what its a lot about. how long is a championship window open most of the time whether the team is old or young? not long. the Spurs are the exception.

the cavs window could be this yr and next if LBJ bounces. no team is great forever when a salary cap is involved.

besides, I was a Celtics fan it was the Pierce, Rondo, and Big AL show and ill still be watchen in five years when Rondo is running the show. the trades were already a success. we got banner 17, now its time to build on it.

asfor cleveland, Celtics beat em last year and they can beat them again. dont even mention James Posey. Rondo and Perkins have both made unbelievable strides. i could keep explaining, but ill let them prove it.

I know. I Wasn't being sarcastic. Boston got a championship and may get another one out of that trade so they got what they wanted obviously. But LBJ isnt going anywhere. Not even the Knicks think he's coming anymore.

prodigy
04-05-2009, 07:20 PM
cmstophe, I don't think there's any point trying to talk with laker fans or boston fans. They believe that god himself came down and picked each player on there team. They also believe that no other team can breathe the same air their's does.

But judgement day will come soon enough.

prodigy
04-05-2009, 07:24 PM
cavs are the favorute but thier road to the finals is going to be tough. i think lakers win this if they meet cavs

?? lakers, magic and bostons are all tougher.

EHL
04-05-2009, 07:30 PM
?? lakers, magic and bostons are all tougher.

not sure about Boston or Orlando, but the lakers will have the toughest road.

They are most likely going to meet Utah in the 1st round, Portland in the second round and Denver in the WCF.

Those are formidable foes.

JordansBulls
04-05-2009, 07:35 PM
not sure about Boston or Orlando, but the lakers will have the toughest road.

They are most likely going to meet Utah in the 1st round, Portland in the second round and Denver in the WCF.

Those are formidable foes.

That would be a much more exciting series between LA and Utah than LA and Dallas.

EHL
04-05-2009, 07:43 PM
That would be a much more exciting series between LA and Utah than LA and Dallas.

Agree. I think Utah will bring the series to at least 6 games, if not 7. These Jazz guys are so tough to beat at home.

Kakaroach
04-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Hopefully the Jazz don't end with the 8th seed. I'm thinking more 6th or 7th seed. But Dallas is pretty good with Howard if he is 100%. Every team in the West can win any given game.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-05-2009, 07:54 PM
I know. I Wasn't being sarcastic. Boston got a championship and may get another one out of that trade so they got what they wanted obviously. But LBJ isnt going anywhere. Not even the Knicks think he's coming anymore.

its kind of pointless to argue that point bc niether of us really know, but i would be willing to bet he leaves when he gets the chance. i think he will want to get that new york market for himself and even expand his own brand of LJ23. Its apparent he loves the spotlight on him and of course loves money. to me, the signs are there that he is out.just my opinion from his statements in new york at that conference and from him really not shooting down any possibility of him leaving.

the sucky thing is that he will be in the Celtics division and by then the team will be rebuilding around Rondo....and Dwyane Wade :rolleyes: i wish

BTownTeamsRKing
04-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Hopefully the Jazz don't end with the 8th seed. I'm thinking more 6th or 7th seed. But Dallas is pretty good with Howard if he is 100%. Every team in the West can win any given game.

i hope Utah gets the 8th seed. probably will be the best 8th seed ever. dont u want revenge?

Kakaroach
04-05-2009, 07:57 PM
i hope Utah gets the 8th seed. probably will be the best 8th seed ever. dont u want revenge? Yes, but much rather have that revenge in the WCF. :)

MissinShowtime
04-05-2009, 08:09 PM
This stat tells a lot about the Cavs' chances of advancing out of the East. Once the playoffs start, possessions are worth a lot more and the play gets a lot more physical. LeBron has shown the ability to get frustrated when teams collapse on him without giving him the driving lanes or passing lanes to be successful. The Cavs also have so many small guards on their roster. When it comes to defending the Ray Allens, Kobe Bryants, and Joe Johnsons of the NBA they have to rely on a lot of help defenders....which could spell disaster vs teams that run a solid halfcourt offense.

Even if the Cavs finish with HCA throughout, I still don't think they get out of the East.

Rocco007
04-05-2009, 08:24 PM
As a Laker fan...It only goes from good to better...Facing Clev or Bos in the Finals..Throw the stats out of the window..The Celtics will have their hands full out East..and frankly they better not get off to a slow start like last year or else its time to go fishing in April..They've lost that intimidating factor due to personal change and aging...The West is no cake walk either..But we're on a mission..Bynum's back, bring it on!

prodigy
04-06-2009, 08:45 AM
its kind of pointless to argue that point bc niether of us really know, but i would be willing to bet he leaves when he gets the chance. i think he will want to get that new york market for himself and even expand his own brand of LJ23.

ya i agree, he sucks right now. Nobody even knows who he is. wait what??

Lebron wants to be a globel icon. to do that he needs chamionships, Right now the best chance for that is cleveland. Knicks are kinda bad, lol. Plus if he leaves cleveland he leaves 30mill on the table, Plus the chance to win. Will he get more marketing deals in NY? mybe, But 30mill worth? nope.

cleveland

max contract
chance to win every year
playing at home

knicks/nets

30 mill less
bad team
never return home again

ya thats a tough one. NOT..

Kakaroach
04-06-2009, 09:09 AM
At this point, I would assume LeBron stays, but that's off-topic. Why do people think the Cavs are in trouble if they face a good team in the playoffs? Didn't they blow-out the Spurs yesterday? And if hey have HCA, wouldn't they just dominate at home anyway?

prodigy
04-06-2009, 09:43 AM
At this point, I would assume LeBron stays, but that's off-topic. Why do people think the Cavs are in trouble if they face a good team in the playoffs? Didn't they blow-out the Spurs yesterday? And if hey have HCA, wouldn't they just dominate at home anyway?

Yes they would. until they get to the finals and play a very good lakers team. Then everything is throw out the window and it will be a dog fight.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-06-2009, 09:44 AM
ya i agree, he sucks right now. Nobody even knows who he is. wait what??

Lebron wants to be a globel icon. to do that he needs chamionships, Right now the best chance for that is cleveland. Knicks are kinda bad, lol. Plus if he leaves cleveland he leaves 30mill on the table, Plus the chance to win. Will he get more marketing deals in NY? mybe, But 30mill worth? nope.

cleveland Knicks or nets

max contract 30 mill less
chance to win every year Bad team
playing at home never return to your home town again

ya thats a tough one. NOT..

your also forgetting that FAT INCENTIVE by shoe companies if he goes to new york. he isnt just getting 30 mil to go play. oh no no no. he is going to be the highest paid athlete EVER. his icon status would sky rocket and u know it if he played for the BIG CITY NYC.

As much as i like to think Boston is the best city, NYC is whats mentioned in everything from songs to locations for big entertainment events to the home of major news corporation. home to WORLD FAMOUS time square. the NY symbol is by far the most famous city symbol.

AND the Q is NO WHERE NEAR the prestige of MSG. if LBJ goes to play at MSG as his home, he will be known as the player who made the knicks relevant again and made MSG the prestigous court it is.

EVERY SPONSOR will throw rediculous amounts of money at him and u know it. right know, hes huge as a symbol, but if he goes to new york, wow...he just might near Jordan status.

prodigy
04-06-2009, 09:50 AM
your also forgetting that FAT INCENTIVE by shoe companies if he goes to new york. he isnt just getting 30 mil to go play. oh no no no. he is going to be the highest paid athlete EVER. his icon status would sky rocket and u know it if he played for the BIG CITY NYC.

As much as i like to think Boston is the best city, NYC is whats mentioned in everything from songs to locations for big entertainment events to the home of major news corporation. home to WORLD FAMOUS time square. the NY symbol is by far the most famous city symbol.

AND the Q is NO WHERE NEAR the prestige of MSG. if LBJ goes to play at MSG as his home, he will be known as the player who made the knicks relevant again and made MSG the prestigous court it is.

EVERY SPONSOR will throw rediculous amounts of money at him and u know it. right know, hes huge as a symbol, but if he goes to new york, wow...he just might near Jordan status.

forgetting 1 thing. The knicks are a joke!!! lebron can't fix them by himself. Wade is not going anyware. best bet is bosh, and the cavs could go after him.

why would he leave a team thats so close to winning it all this year, and in hte near futher., to rebuild with the knicks? Would he sell more shoes playin in NY? yes. But that crap can wait until he wins a few titles. because he won't do that in NY.

I don't understand why people other then knicks fans would want him to go to NY.

Diggy_2
04-06-2009, 10:04 AM
the cavs will not go far in the playoffs i dont care homw good there record are the cavs will get knocked out in the first round by the bulls

younggunn113
04-06-2009, 10:07 AM
forgetting 1 thing. The knicks are a joke!!! lebron can't fix them by himself. Wade is not going anyware. best bet is bosh, and the cavs could go after him.

why would he leave a team thats so close to winning it all this year, and in hte near futher., to rebuild with the knicks? Would he sell more shoes playin in NY? yes. But that crap can wait until he wins a few titles. because he won't do that in NY.

I don't understand why people other then knicks fans would want him to go to NY.

What youre not getting is that in 2010 the Knicks are going to have enough cash to make a few moves to make them relevant. They'll potentially have the money to sign LBJ and another superstar along with a nice support player. Theres been talks of LBJ and Bosh, and even maybe having enough money to sign Nash as well. So you're telling me a team of Nash, Wilson Chandler, Nate Robinson, David Lee, Lebron, and Bosh cant compete? I think you're delirious if you say they can't. You never know whats going to happen, thats my whole mindset, so dont be so set on him definitely resigning. MSG is often referred to as the greatest stadium/arena in the world and when a team is good in THE city, theres no other feeling like it.

prodigy
04-06-2009, 11:12 AM
What youre not getting is that in 2010 the Knicks are going to have enough cash to make a few moves to make them relevant. .

But does lebron want to go back in a rebuilding stage? bosh and lebron would be a great team, But they will need more. Spending the max on both of those guys will not leave alot of money for 3 other starters plus a bench. They would also need a new coach. Someone who heard of the word defense.

Jaji
04-06-2009, 11:28 AM

So basically you're saying they are guaranteed to make it at least to the ECF since they won't see any of those teams until then. Saturday's game was a fluke, I wouldn't look too much into it. They still have the best record in the league which means home court advantage too. Sure that record doesn't look too good but I wouldn't be overly concerned with it.

69centers
04-06-2009, 01:54 PM
So basically you're saying they are guaranteed to make it at least to the ECF since they won't see any of those teams until then. Saturday's game was a fluke, I wouldn't look too much into it. They still have the best record in the league which means home court advantage too. Sure that record doesn't look too good but I wouldn't be overly concerned with it.

They should make it to the ECF, however, if they get Chicago in the first round, this could be a team they overlook and get burned.

What everyone also has to keep in mind is that Boston just couldn't win on the road in the first two rounds of the playoffs. I don't think it was directly because they were in Cleveland, as look what happened in Atlanta. By the time Boston got to the ECF against Detroit, and the Finals against LA, they could win on the road.

The Celtics are a championship, experienced team and can now win on any road court. Once the Spurs won a title, they didn't care so much about seeding in later years, and still could keep winning titles (and winning games on the road) due to the experience and excellent coaching. Tom Thibodeau should be able to keep LeBron in check no matter what court we play on.

prodigy
04-06-2009, 03:16 PM
They should make it to the ECF, however, if they get Chicago in the first round, this could be a team they overlook and get burned.

What everyone also has to keep in mind is that Boston just couldn't win on the road in the first two rounds of the playoffs. I don't think it was directly because they were in Cleveland, as look what happened in Atlanta. By the time Boston got to the ECF against Detroit, and the Finals against LA, they could win on the road.

The Celtics are a championship, experienced team and can now win on any road court. Once the Spurs won a title, they didn't care so much about seeding in later years, and still could keep winning titles (and winning games on the road) due to the experience and excellent coaching. Tom Thibodeau should be able to keep LeBron in check no matter what court we play on.

hahahahaha, sorry. I had to pick myself off the ground because I was laughing so hard from that first part.

Boston could not win on the round in the east. to be honest, I don't see it changing once they get into the second round against the magic then cleveland if they make it there.

Boston is not the only team with experience. lebron, AV, wallace, Z, west, smith, wally, gibson. they all do besides hickson, jackson(rookies), and mo williams, although don't expect it to effect him.

Kakaroach
04-06-2009, 06:32 PM
the cavs will not go far in the playoffs i dont care homw good there record are the cavs will get knocked out in the first round by the bulls :rolleyes: Please, just embarrassing yourself you poor recruit....

EHL
04-06-2009, 06:35 PM
:rolleyes: Please, just embarrassing yourself you poor recruit....

Yeah, seriously. I dont see the Bulls winning even 1 game.

Kabowdos
04-06-2009, 08:46 PM

Of course you would think that since you are a Boston fan. Cavs have more than enough to win it this year. LeBron is playing lights out. There team is only getting better. They don't have the best record and the probable MVP on their team for no reason.

The truth is... the Celtics beat the Cavs earlier in the season before the Cavs emerged as the great team they are now. The Cavs won the last meeting (I believe).

I am a Laker fan BTW. It is like saying the Lakers are 2-0 against both Celtics and Cavs and they are going to win because they did better in the REGULAR SEASON against. The playoffs are different. Players need to be able to handle it mentally when the pressure is on. Not just the star players, the entire team has to believe they can do it.

Kakaroach
04-06-2009, 11:02 PM
What youre not getting is that in 2010 the Knicks are going to have enough cash to make a few moves to make them relevant. They'll potentially have the money to sign LBJ and another superstar along with a nice support player. Theres been talks of LBJ and Bosh, and even maybe having enough money to sign Nash as well. So you're telling me a team of Nash, Wilson Chandler, Nate Robinson, David Lee, Lebron, and Bosh cant compete? I think you're delirious if you say they can't. Your the delirious one if you think the Knicks will keep David Lee and Nate Robinson this off-season.