PDA

View Full Version : Brave's ROY

hawksd911
04-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Who do you think will have the best season for a rookie for the Braves?

Hanson, Schafer, KK, or whoever.

hawksd911
04-04-2009, 09:20 AM
I pick Schafer bc i think KK will do great in the beginning but he will get tired and start struggling. I think Jordan puts up somthing like this 14HR, .276 AVG, with about 23 SB
That seems reasonable for him.

broncsnugzbrave
04-04-2009, 10:04 AM
I agree with Schafer

MrJones
04-04-2009, 10:34 AM
No offense to KK, but even if he did well enough I would hope he doesn't receive ROY honors. I don't think Japanese Vets should be able to come over and be considered TRUE rookies.... Hideo Nomo beat out Chipper for ROY and I still don't think he deserved it.

Enough ranting though...

I think that if TH is destroying AAA hitters and gets a call-up in Mid to Late May then he's got a decent shot at it. IMO Schafer is going to be considered side by side with another stud rookie CF that is in our division (Cameron Maybin) and has his work cut out for him.

rtgthree
04-04-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm putting my money on Kenshin Kawakami. As good as I think Schafer will be someday, I think he'll struggle out of the gate. I see Kawakami as a rock-solid fourth starter, and that has tremendous value to this team.

Joe Smoe
04-04-2009, 11:48 AM
I hope he doesnt get the chance to win it... but Hanson. I say I hope he doesnt because I am hoping for a healthy rotation this year.

Jon93405
04-04-2009, 08:55 PM
I say Brandon Hicks...

Here's how it happens.

Simultaneously, Chipper goes down with an oblique injury in late April keeping him out until late June and Martin Prado needs to go on the 15 day DL with a hamstring injury. They recall Hicks and Diory Hernandez.

Hicks gets 10 starts at 2B/3B where he hits .367 with 4 HR's in 48 AB's during the 15 days Prado is on the DL. When Prado is ready to return from the DL, Diory is sent back to AAA with Hicks remaining on the club to receive the bulk of playing time at 3B because of his power, until Chipper is ready to return.

After a short rehab stint, Chipper Jones returns to the team to reclaim the 3B job and Hicks is sent back to the minors after hitting .312 with 12 HR's in 198 AB's. However, in mid July, after Liberty Media sells the Braves to Ted Turner, the Braves trade Casey Kotchman, Kelly Johnson, Martin Prado, Blaine Boyer and Jo-Jo Reyes to the Twins for Justin Morneau and Joe Nathan.

The Braves recall Hicks, and make him the everyday second baseman. He finishes the season hitting .323 with 22 HR's and 97 RBI's. Not only is he the Braves best rookie, but the NL's as well earning him the Rookie of the Year Award.

Put it in stone... it's happening.

irishfan1582
04-04-2009, 09:18 PM
^^^Called Mrs Cleo and got this bit of info?

Thibs34
04-04-2009, 09:46 PM
I say Brandon Hicks...

Here's how it happens.

Simultaneously, Chipper goes down with an oblique injury in late April keeping him out until late June and Martin Prado needs to go on the 15 day DL with a hamstring injury. They recall Hicks and Diory Hernandez.

Hicks gets 10 starts at 2B/3B where he hits .367 with 4 HR's in 48 AB's during the 15 days Prado is on the DL. When Prado is ready to return from the DL, Diory is sent back to AAA with Hicks remaining on the club to receive the bulk of playing time at 3B because of his power, until Chipper is ready to return.

After a short rehab stint, Chipper Jones returns to the team to reclaim the 3B job and Hicks is sent back to the minors after hitting .312 with 12 HR's in 198 AB's. However, in mid July, after Liberty Media sells the Braves to Ted Turner, the Braves trade Casey Kotchman, Kelly Johnson, Martin Prado, Blaine Boyer and Jo-Jo Reyes to the Twins for Justin Morneau and Joe Nathan.

The Braves recall Hicks, and make him the everyday second baseman. He finishes the season hitting .323 with 22 HR's and 97 RBI's. Not only is he the Braves best rookie, but the NL's as well earning him the Rookie of the Year Award.

I have to say, very creative if nothing else.

vikingsfan0845
04-04-2009, 10:56 PM
I say Brandon Hicks...

Here's how it happens.

creative but ********

Jon93405
04-04-2009, 11:36 PM
creative but ********

You pretty much summed me up in 2 words.

Thibs34
04-05-2009, 12:26 AM
You pretty much summed me up in 2 words.

lol

ecyrb912
04-05-2009, 03:51 AM
kawakami will get it because of his maturity level and the fact that no one has any substantial amount of AB's against him.

pretty ballsy call on hicks there, and everyone wants turner to buy the braves but i doubt it will happen so soon, if at all. we can pray though.

ATLKoos16
04-05-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm gonna go with Schaefer. I can see him having a very good year in the field and on the bases. I think those two things could really help him get the award. I see hin around .260 12 hrs and about 20-25 SB's

BravoFan3736
04-05-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm gonna go with Schaefer. I can see him having a very good year in the field and on the bases. I think those two things could really help him get the award. I see hin around .260 12 hrs and about 20-25 SB's

Hmm I didn't think that will get it done in winner ROY...A very talented Rookie class this year that are possible ROY - Maybin Fowler Rasmus Motte Zimmermann - and Schafer would have to put up alittle better numbers to win it outright. Though it will be close by all accounts that Maybin could be the one that take the ROY at then end of the season.

We will see..

Thibs34
04-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Hmm I didn't think that will get it done in winner ROY...A very talented Rookie class this year that are possible ROY - Maybin Fowler Rasmus Motte Zimmermann - and Schafer would have to put up alittle better numbers to win it outright. Though it will be close by all accounts that Maybin could be the one that take the ROY at then end of the season.

We will see..

This isn't a thread asking who will win the ROY. It's asking what Braves rookie will have the biggest impact on our club this year.

That being said, I will have to say Shafer just for the fact that he is going to have all the opportunities in the world. If he can show discipline at the plate he could be moved to the leadoff spot which will allow him to score more runs and get more opportunities to steal bases.

Something like this: .270avg 11hrs 65 rbis 90+runs 25sbs .750+ops

I do think Hanson will come up and have a descent showing for us but Shafer's defense over an entire season could give him the upper hand.
JMO

baseballislife7
04-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Schafer will have the biggest impact. I think he will hit more HR's around 15-18. Got such a pretty swing and not scared to go oppo. Gonna have to learn some of the pitching though just like pitchers are going to have to learn him.