PDA

View Full Version : Utah Jazz are 1-16 on the road against +.500 teams this year?

JordansBulls
04-03-2009, 08:20 AM
I heard a report on the Denver vs Utah game yesterday on TNT that the Jazz were 1-15 on the road against teams +.500 on the road this year. Since they lost yesterday they are now 1-16. I don't know how accurate that is, but if that is true then wow.

jimbobjarree
04-03-2009, 08:42 AM
alot of it was down to injuries, but still, we wanged last night..something has to be done soon or we risk missing out.

DenButsu
04-03-2009, 08:47 AM
It surely doesn't bode well for the playoffs, especially since they're highly unlikely to attain homecourt advantage at this point.

NYstateofMinD
04-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Tey have not been fully healthy all season, and Boozer missed alot of games as well as Deron Williams and AK. They needed to win last night. I'm annoyed at Okur he seems so lost sometimes.

DenButsu
04-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Just how many of these +.500 road losses have come when both Boozer and Deron were in? I mean, injury may explain some of this picture, but it seems to me that the problem runs deeper than that.

mcnasty54
04-03-2009, 09:03 AM
they could have won last night, if boozer, okur, and williams weren't all missing layups and other easy shots.

mcnasty54
04-03-2009, 09:04 AM
alot of it was down to injuries, but still, we wanged last night..something has to be done soon or we risk missing out.

thats a funny *** picture in your sig. d-will is packing heat :D

DrDEADalready
04-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Yeah it probably is true. or close to that number. stop rubbing it in :cry:

DenButsu
04-03-2009, 09:50 AM
they could have won last night, if boozer, okur, and williams weren't all missing layups and other easy shots.

Oh, gimme a god damned break.

6 of Boozer's 16 misses were blocked. The Nuggets defense did a great job of keeping Deron out of the paint (he really didn't get many "easy" looks, including most of his makes). Okur? I'll give you that. But it's not as if the Nuggets weren't without their poor shooters (Melo and Chauncey combined for 11-33, a nice round crappy .333). And Denver played some pretty tight defense for most of the game, with the exception of most of the first quarter and (to my chagrin) the last 2-3 minutes. But there were some great steals made, nearly all of which were converted into points, they got 10 blocks and forced at least (iirc) a couple shot clock violations and many more shots to be taken with just a few ticks left. And by the same kind of spin you put on it, Denver could have blown out Utah by 20+ if they'd just have pulled down a few more defensive rebounds and denied some more 2nd (and 3rd and 4th) chances.

DenButsu
04-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah it probably is true. or close to that number. stop rubbing it in :cry:

Saw this after I posted mine, so just to be clear, I'm not trying to rub it in, just sticking up for a hard fought and very much earned and deserved win.

jimbobjarree
04-03-2009, 10:19 AM
yeah last night was a shame, but its happened so many times. We beat ourselves on the road, we dont defend the inside hard enough, and we let people shoot on us from the outside at will. We miss shots that we would normally take at home, and our offense looks lost the majority of the time. I said I've never seen us miss so many lay ups at Portland on Tuesday..and then last night comes along...just embarassing.

as for the inuries and the road thing, yes the problem runs deeper than that Den, but you cant say that we still would have lost some of those games if we had everyone healthy, I had a look back at our season, and I'd say if we were fully healthy all season, I bet we would have at least 10-15 more wins at this stage of the season than we do now.

we gotta sort this problem out quick, or as I said, we're going to miss out.

jimbobjarree
04-03-2009, 10:21 AM
and yah, Memo has gone missing for about a week now, when he doesnt play, we slump...its becoming a pattern.

jimbobjarree
04-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Saw this after I posted mine, so just to be clear, I'm not trying to rub it in, just sticking up for a hard fought and very much earned and deserved win.

thats the thing, every time we lose on the road, the other team sees it as a hard fought win. We still kinda compete in these tough games, but the ending is always predictable...frustrating man

DenButsu
04-03-2009, 10:24 AM
10-15 more? As in you'd be the #1 top team in the league? Sorry, but I think that's stretching it.

That said, no, I don't think you'll run the table and lose all four of your remaining +.500 roadies.

jimbobjarree
04-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Oh, gimme a god damned break.

6 of Boozer's 16 misses were blocked. The Nuggets defense did a great job of keeping Deron out of the paint (he really didn't get many "easy" looks, including most of his makes). Okur? I'll give you that. But it's not as if the Nuggets weren't without their poor shooters (Melo and Chauncey combined for 11-33, a nice round crappy .333). And Denver played some pretty tight defense for most of the game, with the exception of most of the first quarter and (to my chagrin) the last 2-3 minutes. But there were some great steals made, nearly all of which were converted into points, they got 10 blocks and forced at least (iirc) a couple shot clock violations and many more shots to be taken with just a few ticks left. And by the same kind of spin you put on it, Denver could have blown out Utah by 20+ if they'd just have pulled down a few more defensive rebounds and denied some more 2nd (and 3rd and 4th) chances.

yeah but add on some of those awful shots, take off some unforced turnovers and we win...story of our season, whoever we play

DenButsu
04-03-2009, 10:27 AM
yeah but add on some of those awful shots, take off some unforced turnovers and we win...story of our season, whoever we play

And add on some of our awful shots and take off some of our unforced turnovers and we win by more. So? :shrug: It's not as if Denver played a flawless game to Utah's unfortunately off night - we just played a better game.

jimbobjarree
04-03-2009, 10:31 AM
10-15 more? As in you'd be the #1 top team in the league? Sorry, but I think that's stretching it.

That said, no, I don't think you'll run the table and lose all four of your remaining +.500 roadies.

I seriously think we could have at least 10 more wins at full strength. New York, Washington, Charlotte early in the season, if we would have had Deron and Memo for these games we would have won for sure. Chicago, no deon and booz and we still only lose by a buzzer beater. New Jersey at home without Booz and a limping Deron, Miami at home, Milwaukke on the road without Booz, Memo and Milly getting injured, Houston (took it to 2 overtimes without Millsap, Booz and Memo), OKC, GSW both road and San Antonio at home without Booz and AK and we only lost by a handful of points I cant remember.

theres a good 10 odd that we probably would have won, along with countless other times where we stopped playing in the last 3 or 4 minutes of games, turning the ball over to lose. So yes, I really think we could be right up there with our record this year, I dont think people get how good we have done to even get the respectable record we do have.

jimbobjarree
04-03-2009, 10:32 AM
And add on some of our awful shots and take off some of our unforced turnovers and we win by more. So? :shrug: It's not as if Denver played a flawless game to Utah's unfortunately off night - we just played a better game.

no doubt about it, we were woeful

IBleedPurple
04-03-2009, 10:52 AM
I seriously think we could have at least 10 more wins at full strength. New York, Washington, Charlotte early in the season, if we would have had Deron and Memo for these games we would have won for sure. Chicago, no deon and booz and we still only lose by a buzzer beater. New Jersey at home without Booz and a limping Deron, Miami at home, Milwaukke on the road without Booz, Memo and Milly getting injured, Houston (took it to 2 overtimes without Millsap, Booz and Memo), OKC, GSW both road and San Antonio at home without Booz and AK and we only lost by a handful of points I cant remember.

theres a good 10 odd that we probably would have won, along with countless other times where we stopped playing in the last 3 or 4 minutes of games, turning the ball over to lose. So yes, I really think we could be right up there with our record this year, I dont think people get how good we have done to even get the respectable record we do have.

I still don't think being healthy would've fixed the road woes. Not to mention, every team can play the "if we would've won every close game, then....."

Wilson
04-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Haven't they struggled on the road for the past few seasons? I don't know, I've always found it very strange.

By the way, I remember a lot of my fellow Laker fans feeling that we could have beaten Denver "if we just made a few more open shots" and whatnot, but I think Denver are just playing some good defense.

Also, like DenButsu said, it's not like the Nuggets played perfectly either, so you have to factor in what they could have done better in any 'what-if?' scenarios.

The Nuggets are just playing some tough defense this year, and you have to tip your hat to them.

Nighthawk
04-03-2009, 11:15 AM
To be quite honest i dont really care much for regular season stats when it comes to what matters. In the playoffs its all or nothing an we see everyones best(for the most part "cough" L.A game 6 "cough") :) I think the Jazz can easily be a force if fully healthy an running on all cylinders. I mean they swap Boozer out with Millsap and theres no DIFFERENCE. Always a beast down low. Okur isnt no slouch there either at the 5. PG is a non discussion. And all the wings they can swap in and out with(Brewer/Harping,AK47,Miles,Korver) make them a nice deep team an a clear threat imo, they are set to cause some harm.

I cant wait this year Playoffs should be exciting. I mean Can the C's win it without home court? Lakers have been the "LOCK" all year to mozy on through to the title series but could the jazz, or maybean upcomin team like Portland surprise them? Cavs going beast mode at home his year are they the team to beat? Are the Magic just a good regular season team? Its an odd year again, does that mean its Spurs who win it, they seem to get it every odd year.? Well find out, should be fun

futureman
04-03-2009, 11:15 AM
I want to trade both Boozer ond Okur for 2010 unprotected draft picks. Both New Jersey and OKC own them from Dallas and Phoenix. We don't even have to take any players back I just want the draft picks. And they are both expiring contracts.

DenButsu
04-03-2009, 11:18 AM
no doubt about it, we were woeful

But not quite as woeful as the cameltoe in your sig.

Wilson
04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
To be quite honest i dont really care much for regular season stats when it comes to what matters. In the playoffs its all or nothing an we see everyones best(for the most part "cough" L.A game 6 "cough") :) I think the Jazz can easily be a force if fully healthy an running on all cylinders. I mean they swap Boozer out with Millsap and theres no DIFFERENCE. Always a beast down low. Okur isnt no slouch there either at the 5. PG is a non discussion. And all the wings they can swap in and out with(Brewer/Harping,AK47,Miles,Korver) make them a nice deep team an a clear threa imo, they are set to cause some harm.

:guns: :guns:

Lo Porto
04-03-2009, 11:32 AM
That fact is that Utah is still 16-6 since the All Star Break. So they are 16-6 since Boozer came back and the team was totally healthy. It's just too bad that they haven't had the time to get the rythym on the road. 1-16 is pathetic, but things could be worse.

Honestly, the loss last night was pathetic. Why -
- did Utah miss so many layups?
- did Deron not show up until the 4th?
- did Boozer, Deron and Okur shoot so poorly all on the same night?
- did Brewer get called for that nonfoul on Carmelo in the first quarter? Before that 2nd foul on Brewer, Utah was up by 10 and Brewer had 8 points. I think Brewer ended the game with 10 and that "star call" for Melo completely cooled Brewer and the Jazz.

IBleedPurple
04-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Saying that swapping Boozer out for Millsap is a bit of a stretch

But I do agree that the Jazz are a very dangerous playoff team with their defensive potential and experience

Strangely, I am excited to see if the Blazers will show up or flop in the postseason

DenButsu
04-03-2009, 12:39 PM
That fact is that Utah is still 16-6 since the All Star Break. So they are 16-6 since Boozer came back and the team was totally healthy. It's just too bad that they haven't had the time to get the rythym on the road. 1-16 is pathetic, but things could be worse.

Honestly, the loss last night was pathetic. Why -
- did Utah miss so many layups?
- did Deron not show up until the 4th?
- did Boozer, Deron and Okur shoot so poorly all on the same night?
- did Brewer get called for that nonfoul on Carmelo in the first quarter? Before that 2nd foul on Brewer, Utah was up by 10 and Brewer had 8 points. I think Brewer ended the game with 10 and that "star call" for Melo completely cooled Brewer and the Jazz.

"The Nuggets played some really good defense" answers much of the first 3 questions.

And don't even talk to me about bull**** calls after all the times we've been raped by the refs in slc. What a joke.

Lo Porto
04-03-2009, 12:50 PM
"The Nuggets played some really good defense" answers much of the first 3 questions.

And don't even talk to me about bull**** calls after all the times we've been raped by the refs in slc. What a joke.

"The Nuggets played some really good defense" - are you really that blind? Yes, their D was above average, but Boozer, Okur AND Williams missed wide open shots. I can't remember if there has ever been a time I've seen all 3 cold on the same night. Defense does nothing to stop wide open jumpers. Ya'll did contest layups, but they are still layups. Defense didn't stop Deron at all. He stopped himself but not coming out intense. He had his way in the 4th when he finally asserted himself.

As for calls - for every good call Utah gets at home, there are at least an equal amount on the road. Regardless, Melo and Billups got a few calls last night that were not good calls. No Utah players get the "star treatment".

IBleedPurple
04-03-2009, 01:03 PM
"The Nuggets played some really good defense" - are you really that blind? Yes, their D was above average, but Boozer, Okur AND Williams missed wide open shots. I can't remember if there has ever been a time I've seen all 3 cold on the same night.Defense does nothing to stop wide open jumpers. Ya'll did contest layups, but they are still layups. Defense didn't stop Deron at all. He stopped himself but not coming out intense. He had his way in the 4th when he finally asserted himself.

As for calls - for every good call Utah gets at home, there are at least an equal amount on the road. Regardless, Melo and Billups got a few calls last night that were not good calls. No Utah players get the "star treatment".

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow. Answering some of your delirious points....
Defense definitely affects open shots. Why? Becase we didn't let Boozer, Okur, and Wililams get in a rhythm.

Defense did stop Deron. To say that, I wonder if you watched the game. "He stopped himself" is the worst excuse I may have ever heard.

And Utah has gotten way more calls at home than most other teams could ever hope for. Jerry Sloan is a big part of this. Most Utah players get the star treatment at home, and on the road it is usually fair. Fans of many teams know the Nuggets are often on the short end of the stick when it comes to fouls.

JordansBulls
04-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Well I hope to see Utah go to the 8th seed because they will give LA more comp than Dallas would.

GoatMilk
04-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Well I hope to see Utah go to the 8th seed because they will give LA more comp than Dallas would.

not much more

showtym24
04-03-2009, 01:27 PM
1-16 damn

jimbobjarree
04-03-2009, 01:34 PM
But not quite as woeful as the cameltoe in your sig.

haha shame you werent prepared to man up and throw your name in for the sig bet

and den, yes the Nuggets played good D, but are you really that blind not to see that our offense was stone cold last night, uncharacteristically so?

DrDEADalready
04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
not much more

Yeah not much more. ALOT more. :cool:

king4day
04-03-2009, 02:23 PM

Fortunately for the Jazz, they just need to find a way to win 3 more games to clinch. That's assumming the Suns run off the next 7.
Utah's reaching the playoffs. Dallas likely will too without much effort.

jimbobjarree
04-03-2009, 02:28 PM
still I'd much prefer Denver first round than Lakers

king4day
04-03-2009, 02:30 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow. Answering some of your delirious points....
Defense definitely affects open shots. Why? Becase we didn't let Boozer, Okur, and Wililams get in a rhythm.

Defense did stop Deron. To say that, I wonder if you watched the game. "He stopped himself" is the worst excuse I may have ever heard.

And Utah has gotten way more calls at home than most other teams could ever hope for. Jerry Sloan is a big part of this. Most Utah players get the star treatment at home, and on the road it is usually fair. Fans of many teams know the Nuggets are often on the short end of the stick when it comes to fouls.

This is the only argument I've read (not just your post) that I have a hard time agreeing with.
When you're wide open, it doesn't take rhythm to knock the shot down. If you're wide open, you just look at the rim and follow through.

Some days, the shot just doesn't fall.

GoatMilk
04-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Yeah not much more. ALOT more. :cool:

ok you got me

superkegger
04-03-2009, 03:00 PM
haha shame you werent prepared to man up and throw your name in for the sig bet

and den, yes the Nuggets played good D, but are you really that blind not to see that our offense was stone cold last night, uncharacteristically so?

I've got to disagree. I've been paying a bit more attention to Denver since they pretty much handled the Lakers like they were a JV team. They don't always, but they often enough do that to teams, make their offense "go stone cold, uncharacteristically so" and because Denver doesn't have that rep as a good defensive team, people (me included) weren't really willing to believe that it was the Denver D that made the opposition play so poorly.

DrDEADalready
04-03-2009, 03:04 PM
ok you got me

Yeah I did. Owned you good. Woot woot. :dance2:

Raps18-19 Champ
04-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Ew. Well they are in the West and they have had like a billion injuries but pretty bad.

skny_txn
04-03-2009, 03:13 PM
1 - 16???? If I was a Jazz fan (which Im definitely NOT! Go Rockets!!) The fact that my team cant win an away game would have me VERY concerned come playoff time.

jimbobjarree
04-03-2009, 03:28 PM
I've got to disagree. I've been paying a bit more attention to Denver since they pretty much handled the Lakers like they were a JV team. They don't always, but they often enough do that to teams, make their offense "go stone cold, uncharacteristically so" and because Denver doesn't have that rep as a good defensive team, people (me included) weren't really willing to believe that it was the Denver D that made the opposition play so poorly.

then I dont think you watched the game last night, or our game against Portland..our team just arent making open shots this week

_Sn1P3r_
04-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Damn, that is horrible. They better get homecourt in the playoffs just in case then.

Young2Kinsler
04-03-2009, 03:46 PM
The Jazz would give the Lakers ALOT more competition int he first round than Dallas. Dallas only hope of even winning a game in the playoffs in getting the 7 seed, b/c LA would sweep them. I think the Jazz could push the Lakers pretty hard.

JordansBulls
04-03-2009, 06:40 PM
not much more

They are at least good at home.

superkegger
04-03-2009, 07:18 PM
then I dont think you watched the game last night, or our game against Portland..our team just arent making open shots this week

No, I didn't catch last nights game. But this season, I think all too often what Denver has done on the defensive side of the ball gets dismissed because it hasn't been typical Nuggets basketball that we've seen. So people just dismiss it as an off shooting night. That's certainly how I felt after they man handled the Lakers. But I watched it again, and more Nuggets games, and they just play good defense. :shrug:

Aiwokote
04-03-2009, 07:45 PM
I like the chances of any team 1-7 in terms of being the Western Conference champs.

Utah is beastly. I'm sure they can win anywhere considering they still have a few more games to get used to their entire roster. I'm hoping they face the Spurs or the Rockets. I never get tired of Rockets/Jazz after all these years. Nice blooming rivalry right there. And as for the Spurs, if they face the Jazz, that means one of the two teams will be knocked out of the first round, heh.

Kakaroach
04-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah, the Jazz are the worst team on the road of all the playoff teams. They still have a lot of games to get it together though. Injuries have hurt em all season long, so they could have won a couple of those games with a healthy roster. The stat is a little misleading, but not that much.

JordansBulls
04-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah, the Jazz are the worst team on the road of all the playoff teams. They still have a lot of games to get it together though. Injuries have hurt em all season long, so they could have won a couple of those games with a healthy roster. The stat is a little misleading, but not that much.

Even though they are bad on the road, I don't think anyone would want to play them in a game 7 at home, we saw what happened to Houston in 2007 when that was the case.

Kakaroach
04-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Even though they are bad on the road, I don't think anyone would want to play them in a game 7 at home, we saw what happened to Houston in 2007 when that was the case. Precisely. They still have time to get it together and they won 2 games on the road to start off that Rockets series last year and of course the game 7 2 years back Houston.

what54!?
04-03-2009, 09:36 PM
If they play Houston they'll make it out of the first round

DenButsu
04-03-2009, 09:55 PM
This is the only argument I've read (not just your post) that I have a hard time agreeing with.
When you're wide open, it doesn't take rhythm to knock the shot down. If you're wide open, you just look at the rim and follow through.

Some days, the shot just doesn't fall.

Well, then, let me put that argument into a more specific context, because I do think it's right, but the reason for it might not be overtly apparent.

The Nugs blog RMC has a good description (http://www.roundballminingcompany.com/2009/04/03/2008-09-game-76-denver-nuggets-114-utah-jazz-104/) of what Denver did defensively in this game:

The Nuggets claimed that they would implement a plethora of defensive schemes to defend Deron Williams and the pick and roll and they lived up to their word. They did everything from trapping to rotating a wall of defenders to switching and everything else in between. For a team that has struggled to be on the same page together even under the best of circumstances Denver did a great job of working together and communicating to each other how they would defend each pick and roll sequence.

The key to Denver’s defense was their ability to keep Williams out of the lane, at least as much as can be expected. That forced the Jazz to play a much more perimeter oriented game and they held the Jazz to only 38 points in the paint, one of their lowest totals of the season. The Nuggets really did play solid team defense and even though they seemed to give up a few too many open perimeter shots, we need to remember that was the side effect of the overall plan...

The Jazz offense came alive in the second half, but it was not because the Nuggets let Williams run wild. The supporting cast came to life led by C.J. Miles and his 12 points. That is the risk you take when you focus so strongly on one player, but if a player like C.J. Miles beats you, such is life.

Not all "open shots" are equal. It's much easier to hit them when your offense is playing in its usual rhythm and flow. And in an offense which is so dependent on its point guard for creating easy opportunities within the offensive flow, some of those shots that look wide open to us probably feel a little out of synch to the players who are putting them up if they're not able to execute their usual set plays and long established offensive schemes. The underlined portion above is the real key to the defensive success of the Nuggets in this game. Did Utah get more open looks from the wings than usual? Probably. But for a team whose bread and butter is scoring in the paint (and whose inside game was fairly effectively shut down), that's not necessarily a desirable situation. They were knocked off balance and forced to play out of their element. Even the "easy" shots get tougher in those situations.

KB24PG16
04-03-2009, 09:55 PM

even with injuries i think the thunder have better away record vs .500 and better

JJ81
04-03-2009, 10:19 PM
lmao, good luck in the play offs.

jimbobjarree
04-03-2009, 11:33 PM
cheers we need it after that ******** tonight

and den, your still blinding yourself with bias...we missed a lot of easy shots that night

DenButsu
04-03-2009, 11:53 PM
cheers we need it after that ******** tonight

and den, your still blinding yourself with bias...we missed a lot of easy shots that night

Your getting shut down inside forced you to take more jumpers than usual, you also completely dominated the offensive glass and had ****loads of 2nd and 3rd chances to put back those missed "easy" shots, and if you're saying that what I posted above, that Denver's defense didn't take you out of your usual offensive rhythm and flow, thus making it harder for the shooters to get into good grooves as well, has no merit to it, then I'm afraid you're the one who's blinded with bias.

Or what, do you think getting 6 of your shots blocked back into your face might not rattle someone's ability to shoot? Might not throw you off a little? Because I was pretty sure I was seeing some of that in Boozer's game.

fredo832
04-04-2009, 12:22 AM
I think the only reason the jazz have a good record at home is cause other teams arent use to the air elevation up there. And i believe they truly are a decent team cause i like deron williams but without him this team is garbage. and thats the only reason they have a bad record away from home

Game_Over
04-04-2009, 03:55 AM
Ohh wait I think JR just hit one more three on the Jazz!! Anyways the Nuggs have a pretty good home record so if we can get home court I like our chances to anyone in the west(except the Lakers)

JordansBulls
04-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Right now it would be a Denver vs Utah matchup

2 x-Denver 50 26 .658 10
3 x-San Antonio 49 26 .653 10 ˝
4 Portland 48 27 .640 11 ˝
5 Houston 48 28 .632 12
6 New Orleans 47 28 .627 12 ˝
7 Utah 46 30 .605 14

DrDEADalready
04-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Better than going against SA. but we need to get our act together. fast. if we stand a chance.

theimortalone
04-04-2009, 10:04 AM
I think the only reason the jazz have a good record at home is cause other teams arent use to the air elevation up there. And i believe they truly are a decent team cause i like deron williams but without him this team is garbage. and thats the only reason they have a bad record away from home

Yeah, that is exactly what it is! :rolleyes: Let me ask you a question...Have you ever been to Energy Solutions Arena? If not, then you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. It is their fans. The fans are what keeps that team alive at home.

JordansBulls
04-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Yeah, that is exactly what it is! :rolleyes: Let me ask you a question...Have you ever been to Energy Solutions Arena? If not, then you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. It is their fans. The fans are what keeps that team alive at home.

:clap:

cmellofan15
04-04-2009, 05:17 PM
For the Nuggets it would be tough playing them at home but on the road it'll be less of a challenge

Vinny642
04-04-2009, 05:19 PM
dam 1-16 ugh hopefully that'll change in the playoffs

Kakaroach
04-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Better than going against SA. but we need to get our act together. fast. if we stand a chance. x2

EX-TREME
04-04-2009, 05:29 PM
can't believe this

Kakaroach
04-04-2009, 05:31 PM
can't believe this You don't believe it?! Imagine us Jazz fans trying to figure out what the problem is. We have one of the worst road records in the NBA. :cry:

Vinny642
04-04-2009, 05:34 PM
I think the Jazz strive alot more on the energy of the Fans in the Jazz Arena. But they play like crap on the road, I dont know why either, I mean you shouldn't be as good on the road as home but this is a big difference.

#1Mavericksfan
04-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Charles Barkley keep sitting on his fat *** talking about how bad the Mavs "suck" when his Jazz are not that much better, I wouldn't be suprised is the Jazz fell to 8 and the Mavs move up to 7 by the end of the season.

Kakaroach
04-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Charles Barkley keep sitting on his fat *** talking about how bad the Mavs "suck" when his Jazz are not that much better, I wouldn't be suprised is the Jazz fell to 8 and the Mavs move up to 7 by the end of the season. The Jazz are a title-contending team if they could win any games on the road. The Mavs however aren't.

jazzman86
04-04-2009, 07:48 PM
I actually live in Denver and watch the nuggets a lot but I am a huge Jazz fan and have watched just about every game this season. I agree that the nuggets defense was spectacular. Birdman had 8 blocks and totally manhandled Boozer, the nuggets showed Deron as many different looks as I have seen all season, Memo was not making anything, and the nuggets did a great job of shutting off the paint from penetration and post ups. Besides the Nuggets defense, the Jazz had an awful night of shooting. 36% is the lowest shooting percentage that the Jazz have shot ALL YEAR! I credit most of that to the nuggets defense but you cant deny that the Jazz also had an off night! CJ Miles has maybe led the team in scoring once all year and that was most definitely with key players (Deron/Boozer/Memo) out. If CJ is leading the team in scoring, that is not a good sign. I havent seen a game all year where all three of those guys are ice cold. If Nuggets fans want to clame it was all due to their defense than that is fine but people who watch the Jazz understand that this kind of game offensively comes once in a blue moon.

I am amazed that nobody has really mentioned anything about JR Smith being absolutely on fire!! Just about every three that he made was 4-5 feet behind the line and several of them were with a hand in his face. JR got the crowd going several times throughout the game and I believe the fans energy is why the nuggets defense was so energized! I was at the game and that was as raucous as I have ever seen the pepsi center!

Raps18-19 Champ
04-04-2009, 09:25 PM
The only way they'll go to the 2nd round while being a 5-8 seed is if they face Houston or Nuggets. Houston because they don't have anyone to keep Williams intact and Yao can't protect the paint from Boozer, Millsap and Okur. Nuggets because they haven't gotten past the first round with Melo in the lineup. Nuggets would probably beat Utah though because they got Billups to keep Williams from doing his thing.

Kakaroach
04-04-2009, 10:02 PM
I think that the Jazz can still take on a lot of teams in the playoffs. Like I said, if the Jazz can somehow win on the road, they are a title-contending team for sure. The problem is winning on the road and not having enough in the tank for back-to-backs. There still is time though, and hopefully they can put it together quickly before the playoffs begin.

Sportfan
04-04-2009, 10:09 PM
wow really? well they realy need homecourt advantage in the playoffs now if this continues

JordansBulls
04-05-2009, 02:13 AM
I think that the Jazz can still take on a lot of teams in the playoffs. Like I said, if the Jazz can somehow win on the road, they are a title-contending team for sure. The problem is winning on the road and not having enough in the tank for back-to-backs. There still is time though, and hopefully they can put it together quickly before the playoffs begin.

Jazz would be most dangerous in a game 7 on the road.

Kakaroach
04-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Jazz would be most dangerous in a game 7 on the road. Exactly. Member Game 7 two years ago in Houston. Of course, everybody was healthy and playing at the top of their game.

JordansBulls
04-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Exactly. Member Game 7 two years ago in Houston. Of course, everybody was healthy and playing at the top of their game.

The key in a game 7 is the road team coming out strong.

GHOSTSNIPER
04-05-2009, 06:13 PM
...Los Angeles has the best road record in the league.All without their star starting center.