PDA

View Full Version : What are some of the Worst Bonehead Decisions Made in the Playoffs by players/coaches

JordansBulls
04-03-2009, 12:40 AM
What are some of the Worst Bonehead Decisions Made in the Playoffs by players/coaches?

BroSweets
04-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Deshawn Stevenson playing games with Lebron in last year's playoffs. That was rather embarrassing.

superkegger
04-03-2009, 01:01 AM
That Josh Howard timeout in the Finals. They may not have won the game with it, but it sealed their doom with it.

Avery, 2007 playoffs, possibly the worst coaching job ever.

Flip Saunders 06 playoffs Pistons vs Cavs. I think it was game 5. How do you not double LeBron? Seriously. That's all I got off the top of my head.

EddieB
04-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Isiah Thomas pass to Larry Bird

Lakers coach Bill van Breda Kolff for benching Wilt in game 7 of the 1969 finals

Lakersfan2483
04-03-2009, 01:04 AM
Larry Johnson and Alonzo Mourning fighting at the end of a crucial playoff game and both get suspended as a result. The Heat went on to lose that series, had Zo been able to play, the Heat would have won that series.

EddieB
04-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Or the Phoenix suns leaving the bench, over reacting to the Robert Horry foul

Big Zo
04-03-2009, 01:56 AM
The Knicks players leaving the bench during the P.J. Brown/Charlie Ward brawl in the '97 playoffs.

Chronz
04-03-2009, 02:11 AM
Isiah Thomas pass to Larry Bird

Lakers coach Bill van Breda Kolff for benching Wilt in game 7 of the 1969 finals

You know I said that after reading about it, but I felt differently once I saw the game, Mel Counts was doing pretty good to start it off, he was spacing the floor better. It wasnt until they were getting outrebounded that it killed them but they got back in the game without Wilt. Its still pretty bad but I dont know about it being a huge gaffe

JordansBulls
04-03-2009, 03:09 PM
You know I said that after reading about it, but I felt differently once I saw the game, Mel Counts was doing pretty good to start it off, he was spacing the floor better. It wasnt until they were getting outrebounded that it killed them but they got back in the game without Wilt. Its still pretty bad but I dont know about it being a huge gaffe

Yeah, they were down 9 when he went out at 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter and got it down to 1. They eventually lost by 2.

nalej85
04-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Amare Stoudamire and Boris Diaw leaving the bench in Game 4 last year in the playoffs vs Spurs...That was their one chance for redemption

heyman321
04-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Or the Phoenix suns leaving the bench, over reacting to the Robert Horry foul

That wasn't bonehead. I think if you had your MVP point guard tackled into the stands by a douche, I'd stand up and rush to see if he was okay. The only reason everyone doesn't do that now is because of THAT incident and now everyone so even the assistant coaches are forcing and holding players back when they react.

EX-TREME
04-03-2009, 04:48 PM
That Josh Howard timeout in the Finals. They may not have won the game with it, but it sealed their doom with it.

Avery, 2007 playoffs, possibly the worst coaching job ever.

Flip Saunders 06 playoffs Pistons vs Cavs. I think it was game 5. How do you not double LeBron? Seriously. That's all I got off the top of my head.

what was josh thinking :pity:

GoatMilk
04-03-2009, 06:13 PM
lol i remember late in a playoff game with the clippers and suns a few years back sam cassell got called for 8 second violation in bringing the ball up the court because he was arguing with the ref while he was bringing the ball up court

i dont remeber if it was late 4th quarter or OT.
it ended up killing the Clippers giving the Suns an extra possession and the win

S.J.Basketball
04-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Chris Webber calling the timeout in the NCAA championship. Yes. I know. It's the NCAA, but still....

Also anytime Webber went to the line to hit clutch free throws he never made them.

pete_one
04-03-2009, 06:42 PM
lakers not securing a rebound and allowing tim thomas to hit that three and the suns went on to win the series - 3 straight wins

BlackMamba
04-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Sheed leaving Horry wide open for the dagger in game 7 of the '05 finals.

JordansBulls
04-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Sheed leaving Horry wide open for the dagger in game 7 of the '05 finals.

Yeah that was pretty crazy especially when you are up by 2 points with a little time left.

TopsyTurvy
04-05-2009, 02:26 PM
1994 Eastern Conference Semis - Bulls down 0-2 in the series against the Knicks. With 1.8 seconds on the clock, Jackson calls a final play to go to Kukoc. Scottie Pippen, so infuriated he didn't get the shot, refused to come off the bench.

Kukoc hit the shot but the Bulls locker room was split. Jackson was not happy with the win, Kerr commented about how the pressure may be getting to Pippen. The Bulls went on to lose the series in 7 games.

_KB24_
04-05-2009, 02:36 PM
I thinks it safe to say leaving Horry WIDE OPEN with the game on the line against the Pistons. Hey Vlade, should have told Sheed to read a newspaper or something.;)