PDA

View Full Version : Why every so often does the home team wear their road jerseys at home?

JordansBulls
04-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Why every so often does the home team wear their road jerseys at home?

I've been seeing this a lot lately over the past few years.

Any reason why?

Highlight
04-02-2009, 11:14 PM
If you're at all referring to the Nuggets/Jazz game, the Nuggets are wearing green as part of the NBA's "Go Green" campaign.

Usually when the home team is wearing "darker" colors it's because, they're either trying on their "oldschool jerseys, or abiding to one of the NBA's campaigns.

GoatMilk
04-02-2009, 11:16 PM
for special occasions
like the bulls wear red when its valentine's day.

the cavs are just obsessed with the gold jersey's so they always wear them. i guess they want to be the lakers lol

i just hate how when teams like the cavs or warriors wear gold throwbacks at home, that the road team has to wear white. when the lakers wear gold the road teams wears the road jersey's

Wilson
04-02-2009, 11:27 PM
for special occasions
like the bulls wear red when its valentine's day.

the cavs are just obsessed with the gold jersey's so they always wear them. i guess they want to be the lakers lol

i just hate how when teams like the cavs or warriors wear gold throwbacks at home, that the road team has to wear white. when the lakers wear gold the road teams wears the road jersey's

:confused: What difference does it make?

I think some teams do it just for a change sometimes :shrug:

abe_froman
04-03-2009, 01:27 AM
because of special occasions

GSW fan
04-03-2009, 01:40 AM
warriors getting new jerseys.

theyre gonna be gold all the time :)

junion
04-03-2009, 01:44 AM
the more and different jerseys they wear, the more the nba can sell.

superkegger
04-03-2009, 01:52 AM

bingo. The cavs having 5 different jersey's is regoddamndiculous. It's stupid. They should have 3 jersey's at most, and occasional throwbacks. By occasional I mean like once a season, maybe twice. When you wear 5 different jersey's on a somewhat regular basis it loses its novelty, not to mention their alternate jersey's make no sense.

Big Zo
04-03-2009, 01:53 AM
It's called "feeling like it." :D

Breatnach
04-03-2009, 04:29 AM

This.

The home fans are (most likely) the ones who will buy the merchandise, so how do you get them excited about a jersey they've only ever seen on TV?

TheDiggler
04-03-2009, 05:06 AM
And there is also this, "Latin Night"-thing ... with Los Mavs vs Los Spurs or something like that where teams often wear their aways at home. Of, course ... to sell ... but to me, a lot of teams have just great throwbacks and really bad actual jerseys. The Cavs (in the 90's) for example had these great white-orange home and blue orange away jersey with just "CAVS" on 'em (Price and Ferry times). Loved them even if I'm no Cavs Fan ... or that old Kings jerseys ... or of the Royals, just looked great anmd somehow special compared to these nowadays. I wish teams would more go back to their roots, except Spurs or Celtics or others who had just slight changes over the years. But, the NBA makes good money, so changes and updates in logos and jerseys will continue ...

GoatMilk
04-03-2009, 11:58 AM
warriors getting new jerseys.

theyre gonna be gold all the time :)

SMH they're gonna copy the Lakers?
(i knw you wore them in the past, but the Lakers were first :p)

where'd you hear this?