PDA

View Full Version : I'm wondering...

JMDTM
04-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Now, I'm just wondering why I have not heard anything on Hollimon, or Dusty Ryan so far this offseason.

It seemed like Hollimon did a pretty good job last season when called up. He started slow, but then found his spot, and started to move his average up to the .260 area. Why have I not heard his name floating around in the organization this offseason?

Same goes for Ryan. The guy seemed pretty good last season when he played. He hit the ball pretty good, and looked like he could have a bright future. What going on with him?

Like I said, I just have no clue and i'm wondering, so if anyone could let me know, please do....

Lionpride87
04-02-2009, 10:31 PM
I was wondering the same thing about Ryan. I was a little confused as to why we went out and acquired Laird and Treanor.

Bondomania
04-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Hollimon suffered an injury during the season and never really had a spot here this season. No matter what he did, he would have never had a spot with the signing of Everett and Polanco being here another year, and Inge being signed through 2010.

Dusty Ryan needed more work on his defense. He needed consistant game action to get that, and he wasn't going to get that in Detroit with Laird and Treanor as the catchers in Detroit. Ryan struggled at blocking pitches in the dirt, despite his cannon for an arm.

JMDTM
04-03-2009, 07:06 PM
well i hope to see both back at some point