PDA

View Full Version : If you were your teams GM, what moves would you make?

DodgersFanFor23
04-02-2009, 12:39 PM
1) Get Halladay for DeJesus Jr., D. Young, Hu, & DeWitt

2) Trade away Schmidt & Pierre for free if i'd have to.

3) Sign Pedro for $1.2 Million (U.S.) with up to $500k in incentives.

KingerSox
04-02-2009, 01:04 PM
As a Red Sox fan.. JD Drew is who I would like to get rid of. I like em.. he's a Sock.. he's had some big hits for us. But he's just too damn hurt all the time. Health is a HUGE key to consistancy and we know how key that is. Try to dump him off and pick up a HUGE bat. I was going to go with Mike Lowell being gone, shifting Youk's to 3rd and getting a huge bat at first. But that's not gonna help Lars out in a few years.

beantownboy
04-02-2009, 01:13 PM
as a redsox fan i want Theo to trade for Pablo Sandoval. this guy is a moose. hes 5'11 240 pounds and kills the ball. he would be an unbelievable replacement for Big Papi in the DH spot. in yahoo fantasy he's listed as a catcher, first basemen and third basemen. the best part is his youth, hes only 22!!!! We have the talent in our system to make the move and would give us so much potential for our youthful future. Lester, Bucholz, Beckett, Dice-k, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Lowrie, Masterson, all in their 20's. Then you have Jason Bay and JD Drew in the early 30's. Add this power hitter now at 22 and ride him till he retires. You could even put Pablo at first and Youk at third and keep Papi as DH. Dynasty written all over it.

Tkais9009
04-02-2009, 01:27 PM
as cardinal fan. i would trade jeol peniero for one baseball bat... if that. Then sign Pedro for 3 million with another 3 in incentives.

Then trade for a proven closer with Ankiel

Akagaminosteven
04-02-2009, 05:19 PM
1) Get Halladay for DeJesus Jr., D. Young, Hu, & DeWitt

I'd love to see that happen too, but I'm not sure the Jays would even say Halladay's name if we offered that.

Frank Costanza
04-02-2009, 05:25 PM
as the jays gm id sign shefield for cheap, sign pedro for cheap and wouldnt have let the sox get penny and woulda offered him 1 mill more

Ron!n
04-02-2009, 05:26 PM
as a redsox fan i want Theo to trade for Pablo Sandoval. this guy is a moose. hes 5'11 240 pounds and kills the ball. he would be an unbelievable replacement for Big Papi in the DH spot. in yahoo fantasy he's listed as a catcher, first basemen and third basemen. the best part is his youth, hes only 22!!!! We have the talent in our system to make the move and would give us so much potential for our youthful future. Lester, Bucholz, Beckett, Dice-k, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Lowrie, Masterson, all in their 20's. Then you have Jason Bay and JD Drew in the early 30's. Add this power hitter now at 22 and ride him till he retires. You could even put Pablo at first and Youk at third and keep Papi as DH. Dynasty written all over it.
Yahoo Fantasy as a source, now thats a new one.

Sportfan
04-02-2009, 06:10 PM
As a red sox fan I'd want to trade a good chunk of the farm (bowden ellsbury lowrie navarro Diaz and some lower specs) for hanley. I know people will disgree about trading ells but who knows maybe baldellincan step up this year? Or have kotsay there when he returns
Pedroia
Drew
Ortiz
Ham-ram
Youk
Bay
Lowell
Baldelli/kotsay
Tek
If Lowell can do a good job in the 7hole and be anywhere near his 07 numbers we have the best lineup in baseball

Pavelb1
04-02-2009, 06:32 PM
As a Red Sox fan.. JD Drew is who I would like to get rid of. I like em.. he's a Sock.. he's had some big hits for us. But he's just too damn hurt all the time. Health is a HUGE key to consistancy and we know how key that is. Try to dump him off and pick up a HUGE bat.

Who? Where? How?

As for Drew, he played as much as anyone else...just about...in 2007. Last year he played as much as Papi and Lowell. Are you going to dump all three?

TheRuckus
04-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Build a time machine and go back to November
Re-signed Burrell instead of signing Ibanez
Sign a RH power bat for the bench
Traded Stairs instead of releasing Jenkins
Gone to arbitration with Howard

Man, Amaro is ****ing up. :(

rkelly7
04-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Orioles:

In my time machine:
-trade Sherrill at last years trade deadline for a great prospect (he had more value at that time)
-trade Huff this offseason for two prospects

Now:
there's nothing more they can really do except let the farm grow and let their young pitchers mature and not get brought up prematurely

Later:
they need to sign a really good SP to lead the staff after this year (Lackey? Webb? they seem to be the only ones who could be considered "aces" but they might get resigned, especially Webb) Guthrie is not an ace, he is a #2 at best and putting that title on one of the young guys (Tillman, Arrieta, Matusz) is too early and too much pressure

I like what the O's have done, they will still SUCK, but they are setting themselves up for future

SJ5382
04-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Sign Pedro Martinez.

Giants27
04-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Go back in time and not trade Nathen,Liriano,Bonser.