PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats Making A Run

BTownTeamsRKing
04-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Am I the only one who wants to see the Bobcats make the playoffs?

They play fundamental defense. play with confidence and athleticism.
They showed a lot of heart beating LA and then going to 2OT with the Celtics the very next night. I am very impressed with LB's coaching job and how hard the Cats play for him.

Anyone else got an underdog team they want to see make it?

on a side note: who thinks the Pistons will fall out of the playoffs? AI is not helping this team at all. Hard to believe.

JordansBulls
04-02-2009, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing them in but not at the expense of the Bulls not making it. Maybe at the expense of Detroit not making it.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-02-2009, 09:50 AM
^it could happen. Detriot is falling apart

king4day
04-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Living in Charlotte made the 'Cats my second fav team after the Suns.
I'd love to see them get in.
1.5 back of the Bulls and 2 back of Detroit. They have 1 more game against each so it's a real possibility, especially given the way they've played two elites on back to back nights.

They have the Lakers number, but after the past two seasons, it's clear Ray Allen has Charlotte's number as he's broken their hearts twice.

Becks2307
04-02-2009, 10:14 AM
I love the way they play, team basketball, no big star, everyone sacrificing themselves for the team but damn they should have won in regulation last night !

masalex1205
04-02-2009, 10:41 AM
yeah and if you haven't watched Gerald Wallace play lately do yourself, he's been playing like a superstar lately, just filling up pretty much every part of the stat sheet, can't think of a player today who plays who such as much heart, toughness, unselfishness, and as team-orientated as G-force

Also, the Bobcats really have the tools to upset someone in the first round although lately its looking like nobody could beat Cleveland.

EX-TREME
04-02-2009, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing them in but not at the expense of the Bulls not making it. Maybe at the expense of Detroit not making it.

me too

i love gerald wallace

$ NyC $
04-02-2009, 10:50 AM
kinda secretly wanted them 2 win last night. What a heart breaker.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-02-2009, 11:08 AM
me too

i love gerald wallace

Wallace is a very good player, but one thing he has to stop is the flopping. he has mastered flopping and its sad to see. His defense is outstanding. His offense is full of energy. Athleticism through the roof, but he should stop that extra acting in the game.

i tell it like it is. love his game, but the acting has got to go. hes too good to resort to that.

EX-TREME
04-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Wallace is a very good player, but one thing he has to stop is the flopping. he has mastered flopping and its sad to see. His defense is outstanding. His offense is full of energy. Athleticism through the roof, but he should stop that extra acting in the game.

i tell it like it is. love his game, but the acting has got to go. hes too good to resort to that.

i have noticed that he flops alot too. but still i would trade anyone on the magic roster aside from howard lee meer and gortat for him

MTone8788
04-02-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm a sixers fan, but I have been rooting for the Bobcats to make the playoffs. I like Gerald Wallace and Raymond Felton a lot.

How do you feel the team would have played with Jason Richardson all season instead of having Diaw and Bell now?

JayW_1023
04-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Gerald Wallace has really having his best season...the guy plays with alot of fire and toughness. He is unstoppable in the open floor these days.

op12
04-02-2009, 11:35 AM
i really hope we make it and can put up a respectable series. it is about time for this team to find an identity and get out of the lottery. nobody really talks about the cats around nc and maybe a playoff run or a crazy series upset would draw some interest and we could actually keep a team in nc.

masalex1205
04-02-2009, 12:21 PM
i have noticed that he flops alot too. but still i would trade anyone on the magic roster aside from howard lee meer and gortat for him

You wouldn't trade Lee for Wallace? Wow

akesh99
04-02-2009, 12:21 PM
i would love to see them in the playoffs instead of detroit

theimortalone
04-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I hope the Bobcats make the playoffs.

EX-TREME
04-02-2009, 01:06 PM
You wouldn't trade Lee for Wallace? Wow

he might become a good rotation player for our team.

DerekRE_3
04-02-2009, 01:10 PM
he might become a good rotation player for our team.

So you'd rather have a guy that might be a good rotation player instead of a guy that gets 17 and 8? :confused: Do you realize a rotation player might not even be a starter?

$ NyC $
04-02-2009, 01:20 PM
So you'd rather have a guy that might be a good rotation player instead of a guy that gets 17 and 8? :confused: Do you realize a rotation player might not even be a starter?

WoW, that's funny.

Anyways, i would love 2 c Charlotte instead of the Pistons. Detroit has totally died and lost its passion and pride.

MJ-BULLS
04-02-2009, 01:25 PM
they can sneak in the playoffs since the pistons are free falling and not playing good

DerekRE_3
04-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Well, even if we don't make it this year, I love our chances next year. This roster was completely overhauled mid season, and during the season there isn't much practice time. Imagine what Larry Brown can do when he has this team in training camp and preseason. Cannot wait for next year, hopefully they keep most of the key guys.

EX-TREME
04-02-2009, 02:07 PM

he has potenial to be a star in this league

EX-TREME
04-02-2009, 02:10 PM
i would love to see them in the playoffs instead of detroit

bobcat is making a run for the 8 seed which meas they meet cleveland. we might face 76ers.

king4day
04-02-2009, 02:19 PM
bobcat is making a run for the 8 seed which meas they meet cleveland. we might face 76ers.

With the way the schedule looks, it's unlikely, but if the 'Cats make a good run, they can actually reach the 7 seed.
I'd rather see Charlotte/Boston or Orlando (with a real shot at an upset). Cleveland is going to beat anyone they get.

EX-TREME
04-02-2009, 02:22 PM
With the way the schedule looks, it's unlikely, but if the 'Cats make a good run, they can actually reach the 7 seed.
I'd rather see Charlotte/Boston or Orlando (with a real shot at an upset). Cleveland is going to beat anyone they get.

i would love that. charlotte could upset or give boston a hell of a fight and wear them down for the second round.

_Sn1P3r_
04-02-2009, 02:25 PM
I want to see the 'Cats make playoffs. I think Wallace and LBJ would be a good match-up.

king4day
04-02-2009, 02:25 PM
i would love that. charlotte could upset or give boston a hell of a fight and wear them down for the second round.

I could see them make it a 6 game series, MAYBE 7 like the Hawks did last year.
It'd give the NBA another must watch series though.

DerekRE_3
04-02-2009, 02:27 PM
he has potenial to be a star in this league

So does Donte Greene....

Joshtd1
04-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Pulling for them. I thought they would make the playoffs this year as a 8th or 7th seed.

EX-TREME
04-02-2009, 02:38 PM
So does Donte Greene....

but lee have shown flashes of a star. his only mistakes is rookie mistakes. i never seen donte so much.

JakeDelbreezy
04-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Well, being a Bobcats fan Obviously I hope they make it. We haven't had much reason to cheer in years here in the Carolinas when it comes to the NBA....I am a former disgruntled Bobcats fan. They made tons of mistakes, hiring Sam Vincent, drafting AMMO, Sean May etc etc...started with bad TV deal and outrageous ticket prices (to an arena the tax payers paid for). But they've gotten their acts together. They brought in LB, who then turned the roster around...they also negotiated a new TV deal (and now certain Cable companies are the jack ***** who won't carry the games all the time), not to mention they lowered ticket prices, all while playing much much better....I'm actucally feeling good about the 'Cats going forward even if they don't make the Playoffs this year...

drama1386
04-02-2009, 03:42 PM
since my bucks are out of the playoffs for sure, i would rather see the bobcats in the 8th spot over the bulls or pistons.

Durant is hype
04-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Am I the only one who wants to see the Bobcats make the playoffs?

They play fundamental defense. play with confidence and athleticism.
They showed a lot of heart beating LA and then going to 2OT with the Celtics the very next night. I am very impressed with LB's coaching job and how hard the Cats play for him.

Anyone else got an underdog team they want to see make it?

on a side note: who thinks the Pistons will fall out of the playoffs? AI is not helping this team at all. Hard to believe.

I'm also on the Bobcats bandwagon.

Durant is hype
04-02-2009, 04:29 PM
To all the Bobcats fans,you've guys are lucky to have a team that plays hard.

ItsTheLastAce
04-02-2009, 04:36 PM
ive always liked the bobcats mostly because of oakafor and wallace. i would love to see them in the playoffs mostly because so many people gave larry brown crap for his new york stint.

DerekRE_3
04-02-2009, 06:52 PM
ive always liked the bobcats mostly because of oakafor and wallace. i would love to see them in the playoffs mostly because so many people gave larry brown crap for his new york stint.

The reason why it didn't work out in New York was because the players weren't receptive to his coaching/teaching. The Bobcats have been very open to learning how to play the right way. Gerald Wallace has been especially receptive, as has Raymond Felton.

Kakaroach
04-02-2009, 08:06 PM
That win last night would have been huge. They still got a chance, and Detroit continues to slip. They prolly got to put together another run though.

_KB24_
04-02-2009, 08:14 PM
All you Cats fans out there, you'll be a good team next year when IVERSON is in town!

rapswin98
04-02-2009, 08:17 PM
i would love to see them in the playoffs instead of detroitsame

Penetra8r
04-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Charlotte is dark horse... Wallace is a stud