PDA

View Full Version : J. Kidd Hall of Fame worthy?

Hoopsadvocate
04-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Jason Kidd is a great play maker and overall player, but is he Hall of Fame worthy at this point in his career? The main question im asking is if J Kidd never gets a ring do you think he should make the Hall of Fame?

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 08:54 PM
How is this even a question? There is no discussion about this

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_career.html
49. Jason Kidd 0.9845

I'm really surprised Dirk has a higher % than J-Kidd though.

The Panch
04-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Jason Kidd will be in the hall as soon as he is eligable, no question about it.

kvrnm
04-01-2009, 09:01 PM
kidd is a hall of famer with ease

VCaintdead17
04-01-2009, 09:03 PM
easily

Hoopsadvocate
04-01-2009, 09:03 PM

49. Jason Kidd 0.9845

But theres a discussion about Yao > all NBA centers right? :rolleyes:

Anyways that reference has T mac on 98% chance of getting HoF which i think is ridiculous so that shows it credibility.

I'm just up in the air about whether Kidd should be in the Hall or not. 3-4 years ago i would have said sure but he never got a ring and unlike some who haven't (Reggie, Ewing, Barkley) he had help (Nowitzki, jefferson, martin, Mutumbo) and unlike someone else who had help and didnt didnt get a ring (Malone and Stockton) they at least made consecutive finals appearences and i think many would agree that if it wasnt for Jordan they would have at least 1.

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 09:06 PM
What does Yao have to do with it? What is your opinion then?

All I am saying is there is not much of a debate. Jason Kidd is easily a hall of famer, a ring would just make his greatness better.

mcnasty54
04-01-2009, 09:09 PM
j-kidd will get in the hall of fame has soon as possible

Hoopsadvocate
04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
What does Yao have to do with it? What is your opinion then?

All I am saying is there is not much of a debate. Jason Kidd is easily a hall of famer, a ring would just make his greatness better.

My opinion like i said is that im not sure at this point true a ring would make his greatness better, but i just think that one of the credentials to get into the Hall should be a ring with only very few exceptions made like consecutive finals appearences, or a crazy amount of all NBA first team elections. All im saying is that Hall is getting a little crowded and J Kidd is like the perfect example of where to draw the line...

theuuord
04-01-2009, 09:12 PM
um,

duh?

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 09:12 PM
My opinion like i said is that im not sure at this point true a ring would make his greatness better, but i just think that one of the credentials to get into the Hall should be a ring with only very few exceptions made like consecutive finals appearences, or a crazy amount of all NBA first team elections. All im saying is that Hall is getting a little crowded and J Kidd is like the perfect example of where to draw the line...
Jason Kidd is starting to get underrated in the league and I feel bad because I felt like he was an overrated player before the season started. He makes a bunch of nobodies like Mikki Moore, James Singleton and Erick Dampier actual somebodies in the league, and he made them while he is declining.

J-Kidd is a lock for HOF, You could even argue he is the GOAT PG, though I wouldn't.

Anyways, what's your take on Yao since you brought him up. ;)

Lakerfrk
04-01-2009, 09:13 PM

49. Jason Kidd 0.9845

Am I blind, or is Dwayne Wade not on that list?

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Am I blind, or is Dwayne Wade not on that list?
I think you need to be in the league for a certain amount of years before you could qualify for HOF. I think one more year for him because Yao Ming and Amare Stoudemire are on there.

Sportfan
04-01-2009, 09:15 PM
easily he will make it no doubt about it

what54!?
04-01-2009, 09:20 PM
he doesnn't need a ring to go into the hall of fame becuse he's going in

Hoopsadvocate
04-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Jason Kidd is starting to get underrated in the league and I feel bad because I felt like he was an overrated player before the season started. He makes a bunch of nobodies like Mikki Moore, James Singleton and Erick Dampier actual somebodies in the league, and he made them while he is declining.

J-Kidd is a lock for HOF, You could even argue he is the GOAT PG, though I wouldn't.

Anyways, what's your take on Yao since you brought him up. ;)

I dont think those 3 guys are anymore somebodies with kidd than when before without kidd lol. Oh an Yao is alright i guess ;) probably the best mid range shooter at the C position (unless u count duncan) but i feel like hes a bit soft. At that height and with his skill he shouldn't be getting outscored and rebounded by 6'11 ish D Howard or any C nice guy though nothing but respect for Yao.

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 09:23 PM
I dont think those 3 guys are anymore somebodies with kidd than when before without kidd lol. Oh an Yao is alright i guess ;) probably the best mid range shooter at the C position (unless u count duncan) but i feel like hes a bit soft. At that height and with his skill he shouldn't be getting outscored and rebounded by 6'11 ish D Howard or any C nice guy though nothing but respect for Yao.
In all honesty, Yao does not get enough shots he actually has too many chuckers like Artest, Brooks and T-Mac. He gets 13 FGA per game, which is almost the same as Pau Gasol which is pathetic because Yao is the #1 option, would you say Yao-Howard = Draw/wash then?

Anyways, Jason Kidd has created so many players better from Kenyon Martin to Mikki Moore. It's too bad he never got to play with the right personel like what Magic Johnson got to play. J-Kidd would have been unstoppable if he played with the showtime Lakers.

theuuord
04-01-2009, 09:32 PM

I don't think anyone who's ever heard of Magic Johnson would, either.

Hoopsadvocate
In all honesty, Yao does not get enough shots he actually has too many chuckers like Artest, Brooks and T-Mac. He gets 13 FGA per game, which is almost the same as Pau Gasol which is pathetic because Yao is the #1 option, would you say Yao-Howard = Draw/wash then?

Anyways, Jason Kidd has created so many players better from Kenyon Martin to Mikki Moore. It's too bad he never got to play with the right personel like what Magic Johnson got to play. J-Kidd would have been unstoppable if he played with the showtime Lakers.

I'll give you the points then but what about rebounds? any game from him with less than 10 is unacceptable if he were to be better than D Howard so i cant say there =. That and when its all set and done Howard will most likely go down as the greatest rebounder in NBA history (already is the youngest to 5k) and hes getting even better offensively. Oh and btw the magic have a ton of shooters too D Howard doesnt get a ton of plays run for him either the Magic play a lot of team ball with Lewis Hedo and Nelson/Lee.

Lakersfan2483
Jason Kidd is a hall of fame player without question.

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 09:34 PM
I'll give you the points then but what about rebounds? any game from him with > 10 is unacceptable if he were to be better than D Howard so i cant say there =. That and when its all set and done Howard will most likely go down as the greatest rebounder in NBA history (already is the youngest to 5k) and hes getting even better offensively. Oh and btw the magic have a ton of shooters too D Howard doesnt get a ton of plays run for him either the Magic play a lot of team ball with Lewis Hedo and Nelson/Lee.
Per 36 minutes he does average 10 RPG and in the past he has shown that he has averaged 10 RPG. So no, he's fine in that category not to mention he has above average rebounders like Carl Landry and Luis Scola around him.

Rashard Lewis and Hedo for Dwight's rebounders? :confused:

Magic don't really run plays for him, because he still has a mechanical post game, while as for Yao, he has it all in his game. Draw? or what?

astrosmaniac
04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
no more yao-dwight debate

j-kidd is easily in the HOF. a top 5 PG of all time IMO

Hoopsadvocate
04-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Per 36 minutes he does average 10 RPG and in the past he has shown that he has averaged 10 RPG. So no, he's fine in that category not to mention he has above average rebounders like Carl Landry and Luis Scola around him.

Rashard Lewis and Hedo for Dwight's rebounders? :confused:

Magic don't really run plays for him, because he still has a mechanical post game, while as for Yao, he has it all in his game. Draw? or what?

Not a fan of per ___ min stats its a what if stat. But even if he did 10 is "fine" not great D howard 13+. Now you say he has better rebounders? Hedo and Lewis avg total of 11 RPG and Landry and Scola avg total of 13.8 so there not to far off... no draw

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 09:47 PM
I was actually talking about their overall game, but whatever let's talk about it in the PM.

Jason Kidd is going to the HOF - Long story short.

IBleedPurple
04-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Is one of the best point guards of all time a HOFer? Yes.

Just because his career has faded, doesn't mean he won't get a first ballot trip to the HOF.

Hoopsadvocate
04-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Ya i just looked up hes top 5 in all time assists and 7 in double doubles and catching up to Magic in all time assists so i agree hes worthy. Can a Mod please close the thread. Thank you

barbjake
04-01-2009, 09:50 PM
I'll give you the points then but what about rebounds? any game from him with less than 10 is unacceptable if he were to be better than D Howard so i cant say there =. That and when its all set and done Howard will most likely go down as the greatest rebounder in NBA history (already is the youngest to 5k) and hes getting even better offensively. Oh and btw the magic have a ton of shooters too D Howard doesnt get a ton of plays run for him either the Magic play a lot of team ball with Lewis Hedo and Nelson/Lee.

I'm pretty sure that Russell, Chamberlain, and I'll even throw in Dennis Rodman will all go down as better rebounders.
Russell and Wilt would average 20 boards a game for a season!
Wilt got 55 in a game!

I love Howard, but I think he may end up in 3rd.

ALSO--- KIDD IS EASY HOF. AS SOON AS HE IS ELIGIBLE!

cmoneytakemoney
04-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Are you serious. Stupid question. All those triple doubles. Consistent for all these years. The guy is a top 5 PG all time. IMO top 3. #1 Magic Johnson #2 Isiah Thomas #3 Jason Kidd is what I have. If Oscar Robertson is a PG he's ahead of Kidd but I think he's a SG.

Hoopsadvocate
04-01-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm pretty sure that Russell, Chamberlain, and I'll even throw in Dennis Rodman will all go down as better rebounders.
Russell and Wilt would average 20 boards a game for a season!
Wilt got 55 in a game!

I love Howard, but I think he may end up in 3rd.

ALSO--- KIDD IS EASY HOF. AS SOON AS HE IS ELIGIBLE!

In their Eras they were giants among umpalumpas. 55 though??? damn, well that makes me reconsider a little but Howard will probably end up with more rebounds than them when its all said and done, i know his early entry gives him an advantage but his height gives him a disadvantage so it evens out :p

Hoopsadvocate
04-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Are you serious. Stupid question. All those triple doubles. Consistent for all these years. The guy is a top 5 PG all time. IMO top 3. #1 Magic Johnson #2 Isiah Thomas #3 Jason Kidd is what I have. If Oscar Robertson is a PG he's ahead of Kidd but I think he's a SG.

Isiah and kidd top 3?? so no Stockton who is the leader in assist btw and no Big O (Mr. Triple double) now THAT is stupid.

JLynn943
04-01-2009, 09:57 PM

so the consecutive finals appearances in 2002 and 2003 and the 340843498573 triple doubles aren't enough for you?

cmoneytakemoney
04-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Isiah and kidd top 3?? so no Stockton who is the leader in assist btw and no Big O (Mr. Triple double) now THAT is stupid.

I'm pretty sure Big O was a SG. Kidd and Isiah are both better than Stockton though. Stockton played so many years which is why he holds the assist record. Because of longevity he has that record and I said if Oscar Robertson is considered a PG he's ahead of Kidd so actually your stupid.

D_Rose1118
04-01-2009, 10:19 PM
easily

SteveNash
04-01-2009, 10:19 PM
He will get in, but if I was deciding I'd keep him out.

He's on the fringe for me playing wise, but it's the fighting with teammates, beating his wife, and forcing trades that keeps him out in my mind.

Pat Thetic
04-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Easily Yes. Next thread.

Vinny642
04-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I think so pretty easily, one of the best PGs of All Time

Hoopsadvocate
04-01-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm pretty sure Big O was a SG. Kidd and Isiah are both better than Stockton though. Stockton played so many years which is why he holds the assist record. Because of longevity he has that record and I said if Oscar Robertson is considered a PG he's ahead of Kidd so actually your stupid.

And i said in pg 2 before you posted that kidd did deserve it and to close the thread yet you still did and i read your "Oscar Robertson should be ahead of kidd if hes considered a pg statement" i said it neways because to show you how stupid people are who don't read things completely like when i said kidd did deserve it.

Stockton had the longevity because he was so good. He led the league in total assists and APG for NINE consecutive seasons Hes also the all time steals leader and that wasnt longevity cause he was selected to 5 all nba defensive teams. So don't pull that longevity crap.

cmoneytakemoney
04-01-2009, 10:34 PM
I think so pretty easily, one of the best PGs of All Time

Exactly! HoopsAdvocate eems to think otherwise for some reason. He's heavily outnumbered but still think Kidd doesn't belong.

JabberJaw
04-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Is this a serious thread?

gauth25
04-01-2009, 11:38 PM
No point fr this thread. He is one of the best PGs of all time.

still1ballin
04-01-2009, 11:49 PM
yeah

the_watcher
04-01-2009, 11:51 PM

Anyways that reference has T mac on 98% chance of getting HoF which i think is ridiculous so that shows it credibility.

I'm just up in the air about whether Kidd should be in the Hall or not. 3-4 years ago i would have said sure but he never got a ring and unlike some who haven't (Reggie, Ewing, Barkley) he had help (Nowitzki, jefferson, martin, Mutumbo) and unlike someone else who had help and didnt didnt get a ring (Malone and Stockton) they at least made consecutive finals appearences and i think many would agree that if it wasnt for Jordan they would have at least 1.

I'm guessing you probably weren't watching basketball in 2002 and 2003 when Jason Kidd made two consecutive finals appearances. You're Jordan argument makes no sense, with all due respect. In that case you could say "if it weren't for Shaq and Kobe, Kidd would have a ring."

Jason Kidd is 3rd all-time in triple doubles and 2nd in playoff triple doubles. He will be 2nd all time in assists when he retires. He's 7th on the all time steals list and 4th in rebounds among guards. He's one of only 3 players in league history with 15,000 points and 10,000 assists. Oh yeah... he's won two olympic gold medals... just for good measure.

He's a first ballot hall of famer, without a doubt, and anyone who even thinks for a second he shouldn't be in is clearly delusional and does not follow the game enough to speak on it. This thread shouldn't even exist.

bostncelts34
04-01-2009, 11:56 PM
why is this even a question? without a doubt he is a hall of famer. One of the best, pure PG's to ever play the game.

THE MTL
04-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Why is this a question? This thread should be closed! Jason Kidd will be the second all-time leading assist leader. He led the Nets to two consecutive Finals appearance. He doesnt need a ring. I hate people being judged on rings. A championship doesnt tell what kind of player you are. Players who ride the bench win a championship ring.

MissinShowtime
04-02-2009, 01:18 AM
JKidd first ballot HOF without a doubt.

How old is this HOF probability list anyway? No DWade? T-Mac ranked ahead of Paul Pierce? Allen Iverson ahead of Lebron James?

Somebody close this thing out............

ntat
04-02-2009, 01:32 AM
R u serious? Of course he is.

ntat
04-02-2009, 01:33 AM
i just wanted to know which ***** voted no.

abe_froman
04-02-2009, 01:36 AM
undoubtedly

lakersrock
04-02-2009, 01:40 AM
The four people who voted no have to be crazy. The guy has been one of the best PG on BOTH ends in an era. He led a group of jokers to the Finals and would have won in most years. Unfortunately for him, he ran into a beast of a Lakers team. There is no conceivable way to say he won't get in during his first year of eligibility.

codes238
04-02-2009, 01:50 AM
this isnt even debatable in my opinion, kidd is a 100% sure-proof hall-of-famer if he retires at the end of this year...

ntat
04-02-2009, 02:12 AM
The four people who voted no have to be crazy. The guy has been one of the best PG on BOTH ends in an era. He led a group of jokers to the Finals and would have won in most years. Unfortunately for him, he ran into a beast of a Lakers team. There is no conceivable way to say he won't get in during his first year of eligibility.
Absolutely agree with that. and he did it TWICE! IN a row right?

raidernation55
04-02-2009, 02:44 AM
yes he is

Duncan = Donkey
04-02-2009, 02:46 AM
of course he is

kidfury
04-02-2009, 02:47 AM
NO doubt JK is HOF material. How many triple doubles? A player does not fluke those kind of stats, JK should definitely be listed among HOF players.

eagles808
04-02-2009, 03:40 AM
Without a doubt he is

EX-TREME
04-02-2009, 09:13 AM
yes

JayW_1023
04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Without a doubt...an all-time great point guard. He could've easily won MVP in 2003, he was just unlucky Duncan had his best season as a pro that year.

NJBASEBALL22
04-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Yes. A better question would be: is Steve Nash a HOFer?

DrDEADalready
04-02-2009, 10:45 AM
seems like they are giving everyone a chance to be in the hall of fame.

BoognishMN
04-02-2009, 10:50 AM
First Ballot, no questions.

$ NyC $
04-02-2009, 10:58 AM
4 a man his size 2 average those numbers, man. He was like a Magic Jr. Not many people understand the game the way J Kidd does. He just purely is a baller. He simply knows basketball. Knows everything about the game, just one of those veterans you would love 2 absorb knowledge from. Sure thing . DEF. a Hall of Famer.

hotpotato1092
04-02-2009, 11:01 AM
How is he not? One of the top 5 point guards ever, who voted against him?

ddaughtry
04-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Easily makes the Hall Of Fame.

MJ-BULLS
04-02-2009, 01:26 PM
yes he is one of the best passing pg in nba history

C_Mund
04-02-2009, 01:34 PM

First off, I'm not really sure that you can consider Martin, Jefferson, Lucious Harris, and Todd McCullough "Help" for an NBA finals team.
Second...JKidd DID take that nets team to consecutive finals.

JaysFan87
04-02-2009, 01:47 PM

Stockton is better than Kidd, he was and offensive and defensive specialist. He was better than kidd on the offensive end and better than him on the defensive end. Lead the league in steals many many times and shot significantly better than kidd. Its no question who is better. Stockton> KIdd

J-Relo
04-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Yes

showtym24
04-02-2009, 02:02 PM
He's a top 5 PG all time. Close this thread

nycericanguy
04-02-2009, 02:05 PM
no offense but this is kind of a dumb thread, Kidd is one of the greatest point guards to ever play the game. of course he's in the hall.

GrkGawdofWalkz
04-02-2009, 02:14 PM
How is Jason Kidd not a hall of famer. I would really be amused to hear arguments against what almost 100 triple doubles, a career average of at least what 9 APG.

Kakaroach
04-02-2009, 08:44 PM
One of the best passing and rebounding PGs' of all time. There is no question at all he is a first-ballot HOF.

3RDASYSTEM
04-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Dont know if anyone addressed HOOPSADVOCATE but J KIDD did take NETS to back to back FINALS(02/03)against LAKERS/SPURS so he is easily a HOF jus like STOCKTON/MALONE, even without those FINALS trips his career APG/TRIPLE DUBS are crazy...I hope someone addressed that cuz im only respondin from the 1st page

Fireworld
04-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Duh!!

bghoops13
04-02-2009, 11:26 PM
He will easily get into the hall of fame.

NJBASEBALL22
04-03-2009, 01:37 AM
I am gonna say he is in. I feel he deserves to be. However, I am surprised to see that none of the haters point out that he shoots only .402 from the floor. That is terrible. One of the worst of all times.
Aside from the shooting percentage, his game really had no flaw as a PG. He passes with the best of them and was one of the top defensive guards for a while- almost all of his career. Not to mention he is the best rebounding PG (stat-wise) of this generation and he could take games over at crunch time when it is necessary.
The man never had the key parts around him... Vince Carter is an overrated scorer who plays no D. Now with Dirk, Terry, and Howard, he finally has some teammates who can play.
As for his rebounding, I will add this: A decent amount of Kidd's rebounds are not tough rebounds. When he was with the Nets, I went to a ton of his games. His teammates who clear room and Kidd would crash the board- the ball would be in front of the big man and Kidd would just grab it. Not a great skill but it gave him numbers while cutting out any long outlet passes. Whatever, he is still one of the greatest PG's ever.

BlackMamba
04-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Top 5 PG all time. 1st ballot HOFer.

Kakaroach
04-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Who voted no? They must have never seen basketball in their life until like a year or two ago...

JJ81
04-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Definitely.

jkiddvc20
04-04-2009, 10:12 AM
What kind of question is that the dude is a lock!

dtmagnet
04-04-2009, 12:32 PM
I don't think you even have to question this, of course he is a hall of famer.

SpeeMN
04-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Jason kidd is one of the most amazing PG's of all time, not just the best. He's unique with his stat production across the board, which puts him in a different category with oscar, magic and possibly CP3 in the future.

He's got longevity, consistent stats, fan appeal, leadership, co-rookie of the year, TWO CONSECUTIVE NBA FINALS APPEARANCES (02,03), 2nd place in MVP voting '03 behind Tim Duncan, 102 tripdubs, and a hot wife!

And those finals were the 2002 cheating referee's; bastard Lakers' year.

FIRST BALLOT NO DOUBT

H.E.R.
04-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Jason Kidd is 3rd all-time in triple doubles and 2nd in playoff triple doubles. He will be 2nd all time in assists when he retires. He's 7th on the all time steals list and 4th in rebounds among guards. He's one of only 3 players in league history with 15,000 points and 10,000 assists. Oh yeah... he's won two olympic gold medals... just for good measure.

Not to mention he made the 1995 All-Rookie team and was the co-Rookie of the Year, made 6 All-NBA teams (5 1st teams), 9 consecutive All-Defensive teams (4 1sts), holds several Nets franchise records, 2nd in all-time playoff triple-doubles, 3rd in all-time regular season triple-doubles, a 9-time NBA All-Star, and the 1st NBA Skills Challenge winner.

Considering some of these guys as PGs, here are my Top 10:
1.) Magic
2.) Big O
3.) Isiah/Stockton
4.) Isiah/Stockton
5.) Kidd
6.) Payton
7.) Cousy
8.) Frazier
9.) Tiny
10.) The Logo

Where's Steve Nash? I don't care about his given MVPs. As good an offensive player he is, until he learns to play even average defense, I don't have him in my Top 10. I give him a lot more flak for having so much more help than Kidd ever had both in players and personnel. Not to mention, Nash is being exposed a lot this year without D'Antoni.

Kakaroach
04-04-2009, 05:22 PM
^^Nash is still third in the league in assists, he's not being exposed...

Vinny642
04-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Jason kidd is one of the most amazing PG's of all time, not just the best. He's unique with his stat production across the board, which puts him in a different category with oscar, magic and possibly CP3 in the future.

He's got longevity, consistent stats, fan appeal, leadership, co-rookie of the year, TWO CONSECUTIVE NBA FINALS APPEARANCES (02,03), 2nd place in MVP voting '03 behind Tim Duncan, 102 tripdubs, and a hot wife!

And those finals were the 2002 cheating referee's; bastard Lakers' year.

FIRST BALLOT NO DOUBT

Who was the coach at that time, :clap:;) LOL

sugarrayray
04-04-2009, 06:11 PM
I think you need to be in the league for a certain amount of years before you could qualify for HOF. I think one more year for him because Yao Ming and Amare Stoudemire are on there.

dwight howards on it, so is carmelo, how wouldnt wade be,

also i dont think nash should be higher on the list than kidd, nor should pierce be that high either

mitch91
04-04-2009, 06:41 PM
no doubt

#1Mavericksfan
04-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Yes...Jason Kidd was Chris Paul before Chris Paul.

tbron
04-04-2009, 08:39 PM
anyone who knows the game will say yes.

Nighthawk
04-04-2009, 10:21 PM
this is a stupid question...this guy was the best pg in the lg for a while...hes a triple double machine. One of the NBA best guards ever. He'll be a first ballot and get in the first chance he can....one of the dumbest threads ever... its good to debate hall of fame status with some borderline players. this though, lol, is a stupid debate and telling by the 118 yes votes compared to 7 STUPID no votes many ppl agree with me

Kakaroach
04-04-2009, 10:27 PM
anyone who knows the game will say yes. Exactly my point. :clap:

H.E.R.
04-05-2009, 08:58 PM
^^Nash is still third in the league in assists, he's not being exposed...

And he's still playing the same horrible defense he was in his MVP years.

harris2carter
04-05-2009, 09:04 PM
how can any1 say no?

Hawkeye15
04-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Kidd is a first ballot hall of famer. Easily. This shouldn't even be debated

Kakaroach
04-05-2009, 10:12 PM
And he's still playing the same horrible defense he was in his MVP years. So for some strange reason he wasn't being exposed then? :eyebrow: Steve Nash is still one of the best PGs' in the league. Did you forget who has back-to-back MVPs?

H.E.R.
04-05-2009, 10:49 PM
So for some strange reason he wasn't being exposed then? :eyebrow: Steve Nash is still one of the best PGs' in the league. Did you forget who has back-to-back MVPs?

Look at his team now. He still has a low post presence in the halfcourt and has weapons in the open court.

Nash didn't even deserve any of his MVPs. First one should've went to Shaq and his second one should've went to Kobe. And yes. Let's please compare players by MVPs. By that knowledge, Nash is better than Stockton, Shaq, Kobe, Oscar, Dr. J, Baylor, Payton, Cousy, Parish, Dwyane Wade, LeBron, Wes Unseld, D-Rob...I could keep going.

He's a great player...just overrated.

Kakaroach
04-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Look at his team now. He still has a low post presence in the halfcourt and has weapons in the open court.

Nash didn't even deserve any of his MVPs. First one should've went to Shaq and his second one should've went to Kobe. And yes. Let's please compare players by MVPs. By that knowledge, Nash is better than Stockton, Shaq, Kobe, Oscar, Dr. J, Baylor, Payton, Cousy, Parish, Dwyane Wade, LeBron, Wes Unseld, D-Rob...I could keep going.

He's a great player...just overrated. Please, the personnel they had was so much better it's not even funny. Raja Bell was a knock-down shooter and spread the floor. Shawn Marion was the perfect PF in that system and Diaw was a perfect fit with his passing, rebounding, and post-up game. Amare was the perfect 5 and everybody on that team could shoot the ball. Steve Nash was the best PG for that system and he was the best player on the best team in the NBA. Which is exactly why LeBron will win MVP this year and not D. Wade.

H.E.R.
04-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Please, the personnel they had was so much better it's not even funny. Raja Bell was a knock-down shooter and spread the floor. Shawn Marion was the perfect PF in that system and Diaw was a perfect fit with his passing, rebounding, and post-up game. Amare was the perfect 5 and everybody on that team could shoot the ball. Steve Nash was the best PG for that system and he was the best player on the best team in the NBA. Which is exactly why LeBron will win MVP this year and not D. Wade.

Who cares? He still has a playoff team. I mean, are you even listening to me? The point was that Nash had a much better personnel and players around him that Kidd ever had in his prime. In this topic, I don't care who the hell wins the MVP this year. The point was that you said Nash was a better PG because of his 2 MVPs. By that logic, you're saying Nash is a better player than any of those guys mentioned above.

Steely McBeam
04-06-2009, 12:28 AM
is the only argument against him the ring because its not much of an argument considering the great players in all sports that are in the hall of fame without a championship

_KB24_
04-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Wow, this should not be even up for discussion. The few who said he is not, you guys have no respect for the game. He is probally one of the top 5 point guards of all time and in his prime, he was a triple double threat every single game. W/o a doubt a first ballot HOF.

AllTheWay
04-06-2009, 01:09 AM

Jason does have consecutive finals appearances...

JayW_1023
04-06-2009, 03:12 AM
Kidd has been masterful yesterday. He controlled the entire game. I like how he now uses post-ups more to get into the lane. Nash couldn't stop him.

leftymo
04-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Kidd's a tough one.

I think he'd have to be. The basketball HOF isn't as strict as say the baseball one...

He's never won an MVP nor won a championship but he did take two teams to the finals.

A perennial allstar that is near the leaderboard in assists = HOF.

I think for the HOF you need to make multiple allstar games. Not just 1 or 2...

Championships & MVP's are just extra flavoring.

Jaji
04-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Without a doubt. Why is this even a question?

Testaverde16
04-06-2009, 12:51 PM
I think so, he is one of the best point guards in game as well as statistically, he has done it for a long time in this league, and he even totally turned a franchise around when he went to the Nets. I think he should've won MVP that year, but it went to Duncan (can't really argue about that). He is a Hall of Famer without a doubt, and one of the best at hs position all time.

bahama0811
04-06-2009, 12:52 PM
JKidd is definitely a HOF'er.

Chi-Town Finest
04-06-2009, 12:55 PM
I vote yes, for those few that didnt are obviously looking at his last two years and not his whole career.

JJ_JKidd
04-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Another milestone :clap:

Ollie Tabooger
04-06-2009, 05:10 PM

:horse::guns::mad:

JordansBulls
04-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Kidd is widely considered better than Nash and Nash is Hall of Fame bound.

AirJordan23
04-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Kidd is widely considered better than Nash and Nash is Hall of Fame bound.

That isn't saying much. The only reason nash is HOF bound is cause of his 2 MVPs. Other than that, I don't see much of a case for Nash being a HOFer. Kidd is on another level than Nash. First ballot HOFer, shouldn't even be a thread.

kozelkid
04-12-2009, 04:59 PM
definitely, there are plenty of players who haven't won a championship and are in teh hall. Basketball is a team game, so if those players were on crappy teams, they won't be able to win, or think about the fact how many players got snubbed in the 90s cause they went against the GOAT. There would have been no HOF's then. Guys like stockton, malone, ewing, barkley, reggie, KJ etc, etc, etc. all are HOFs, yet none won a championship.
So to answer the question, yes Kidd definitely deserves to be a 1st ballot HOF.

Chaps
04-12-2009, 05:01 PM
id have to say yes

cynomatic
04-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Kidd will get in the HOF

NJBASEBALL22
04-14-2009, 11:40 AM
This thread is a joke. Whats even funny is 7 people voted no- are you serious.

superkegger
05-01-2009, 06:08 PM
I wish the poll were public so I could see which bozo's voted no

Storch
05-04-2009, 03:16 PM
the man is undefeated in olympic basketball. enough sed.

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 03:51 PM
yes..EASILY

Bruno
07-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Wow 95%?

Agreed.

Redbull
07-28-2010, 10:38 PM
He's a lock.

/Thread.

JordansBulls
07-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Who are the 7 that said no?

Raidaz4Life
07-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Without a doubt

Wade>You
07-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Absolutely, even though not many people remember how great Kidd was, the HOF committee and people involved in basketball never forget.

Khalifa21
08-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Jason Kidd is as a big a lock as you can get for the HOF without having a ring.

JordansBulls
06-19-2012, 08:50 AM
it is pretty academic now.

dh144498
06-19-2012, 10:39 AM
HOF even without a ring.

Hangtime
06-21-2012, 08:50 AM
He will get in as soon as he is eligible.

bagwell368
06-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Why wouldn't he?

JordansBulls
06-29-2012, 11:29 PM
Why wouldn't he?

:clap: