PDA

View Full Version : The Thunder are Going to Strike Soon!

MELOMAN15
04-01-2009, 07:06 PM
The Thunder have the tools to be good in the future. All they need is a post player. A lot of teams are one step away from really making some noise in their conference. Who's got the best future squad? What teams need to change?...Which team and what do they need to do?

hgtiger32
04-01-2009, 07:13 PM
i think if the thunder could get a player like griffin, harden, or thabeet they could be a force to reckon with...the lineup might be hard tho...

PG-Westbrook
SG-Sefolosha
SF-Durrant
PF-Jeff Green
PF/C- Griffin

idk ...maybe play with a lineup consisting of 2 PF

Super.
04-01-2009, 07:22 PM
The thunder are like the 06 celtics. one more great post player and they'll be good. i cant wait to see Durant winning future MVP's that kid is simply amazing

R. Johnson#3
04-01-2009, 08:14 PM
If they get Blake Griffin then they will be a beast of a team for years to come.

liljay_316
04-01-2009, 09:12 PM
i think the thunder the blazers and the sixers are the future elite teams of the NBA.

VCaintdead17
04-01-2009, 09:20 PM
i think the thunder the blazers and the sixers are the future elite teams of the NBA.

Your right about the blazers and thunder. But the sixers? lol, no.

PurpleJesus
04-01-2009, 09:33 PM
The thunder are like the 06 celtics. one more great post player and they'll be good. i cant wait to see Durant winning future MVP's that kid is simply amazing

the 06 celtics are now the minnesota timberwolves, and they suck

PhillySportFan
04-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Your right about the blazers and thunder. But the sixers? lol, no.

Your ******** to think that. I'm obviously a Sixers fan and I know there not as good as the Blazers but believe me they have a lot of young young talent. Thaddeus Young 20, Marreese Speights 20, Lou Williams 22, Andre Iguodala 24, I might be a year up or down on the first 3 but w/e. 6th place in the East already, this early into there careers. Also we have a guy injured this season who had a nice rookie season last seaon, Jason Smith who's like 21 and a 7' with some real ability and size. To say we didn't have a good young core group you'd be lying to yourself. Right now to be honest I'm not very happy with there inconsistent play but these guys have some serious growing to still do.

BH-Sports
04-01-2009, 09:38 PM
I think the Blazers are really overrated.

The only good player who came out is Brandon Roy. Adridge is alright but he will never be a 20/10 guy because he doesnt get to the foul line. Plus Oden is a bus, Batum, Frye, Rodriguez, Fernandez, are all role players.

Thunders will own for the years to come.
I think they should trade Jeff Green to get a elite big man and own with Durant in the core and Westbrook developing into a good player.

LanceUpperCut
04-01-2009, 09:40 PM
I could be wrong but don't the Thunder have a **** load of lottery picks in the next couple years.They should trade a package of picks and who ever for a legit big and a all star SG.

VCaintdead17
04-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Your ******** to think that. I'm obviously a Sixers fan and I know there not as good as the Blazers but believe me they have a lot of young young talent. Thaddeus Young 20, Marreese Speights 20, Lou Williams 22, Andre Iguodala 24, I might be a year up or down on the first 3 but w/e. 6th place in the East already, this early into there careers. Also we have a guy injured this season who had a nice rookie season last seaon, Jason Smith who's like 21 and a 7' with some real ability and size. To say we didn't have a good young core group you'd be lying to yourself. Right now to be honest I'm not very happy with there inconsistent play but these guys have some serious growing to still do.

Insults are not necessary sir. Now I understand that they have young prospects in Thad, Speights and even Lou Will. But there lacking an outside shot. While Iggy has improved his shot, it's still not enough. Plus Lou Will does not have the passing ability to control this offense, he just lacks the natural point guard instincts. They should be a solid young squad in the future, but thats about it, solid.

VCaintdead17
04-01-2009, 09:46 PM

The only good player who came out is Brandon Roy. Adridge is alright but he will never be a 20/10 guy because he doesnt get to the foul line. Plus Oden is a bus, Batum, Frye, Rodriguez, Fernandez, are all role players.

I think they should trade Jeff Green to get a elite big man and own with Durant in the core and Westbrook developing into a good player.

It's funny how you say they are role players in their rookie year. You can not be serious in thinking that NONE of them will improve. :pity: Also, you say Oden is a bust,.....why? Because he's gotten injured as of late? Because he is not averaging 20 and 15 in his rookie season? Patience is a virtue everyone should have, you just haven't developed it yet obviously. The Blazers have a terrific young squad.

Salzyballerz
04-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Good Thread! I think that the Thunder have lots of tools to be good in the future. If they get Harden Thabeet or Griffin they could be the team to look out for in 09-10

Breatnach
04-02-2009, 04:03 AM
the 06 celtics are now the minnesota timberwolves, and they suck

Yeah currently they do, but they are also just a few pieces away from stirring things up (I'm talking playoffs, not titles).

If Jefferson, Foye, Brewer, Love stay healthy an entire season and you add a veteran defensive inside presence (Free agency or Trade) and a PG like Rubio, with Mike Miller as a 6th man, I think they good chances of making the playoffs in a year.have

GoatMilk
04-02-2009, 04:05 AM
go for jordan hill
forget griffin, he's so overrated

1goldenrican1
04-02-2009, 11:04 AM
I could be wrong but don't the Thunder have a **** load of lottery picks in the next couple years.They should trade a package of picks and who ever for a legit big and a all star SG.

No your not wrong. They do have an A*S*S* load of picks. Everyone is going to try to trade with them this off season

rabzouz 96
04-02-2009, 01:55 PM
thunder and memphis are the good stacking teams right now, both just lack the post player.
trailblazers dont look as good as last year,they shoulda tanked last season.

J-Relo
04-02-2009, 02:05 PM
It's funny how you say they are role players in their rookie year. You can not be serious in thinking that NONE of them will improve. :pity: Also, you say Oden is a bust,.....why? Because he's gotten injured as of late? Because he is not averaging 20 and 15 in his rookie season? Patience is a virtue everyone should have, you just haven't developed it yet obviously. The Blazers have a terrific young squad.

He is a BUS, not a BUST :clap:

EX-TREME
04-02-2009, 02:09 PM
kevin durant is a beast.

VCaintdead17
04-02-2009, 03:24 PM
He is a BUS, not a BUST :clap:

lol

When your right, your right.

LMAO

BigEric
04-02-2009, 03:37 PM
go for jordan hill
forget griffin, he's so overrated

Overrated? What are you watching?

Hill would be a decent pickup, but I'm telling you if the Thunder choose Thabeet and he pans out, they can be pretty good, barring injury. The Blazers are overrated as a team of the future. They will be good another 2-3 years but as one Lakers fan said, it's Roy and a bunch of role players. They play well together, but it's nothing that'll last for years to come.

MilfHunter07
04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
if the thunder get hasheem thabeet rather than griffin i think theyll be amazing

THE MTL
04-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Thunder has the superstar already (Kevin Durant), they have good role players (Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook), they have like 5 first rounders in the next two drafts, and they have the salary space.

Seriously, this team can draft a superstar. Then trade draft picks for another superstar and then sign another superstar!

This team is set and I expect them to compete at a high level 2011.

GoatMilk
04-02-2009, 04:22 PM

Hill would be a decent pickup, but I'm telling you if the Thunder choose Thabeet and he pans out, they can be pretty good, barring injury. The Blazers are overrated as a team of the future. They will be good another 2-3 years but as one Lakers fan said, it's Roy and a bunch of role players. They play well together, but it's nothing that'll last for years to come.

griffin isnt gonna be a "beast" in the NBA
i agree with everything else you said.

i really think they should have just kept Tyson

Super.
04-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Thunder has the superstar already (Kevin Durant), they have good role players (Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook), they have like 5 first rounders in the next two drafts, and they have the salary space.

Seriously, this team can draft a superstar. Then trade draft picks for another superstar and then sign another superstar!

Yea, i bet if they can get some serious pieces in the next few years they'll be scary

blackjack_119
04-02-2009, 06:58 PM

You really over use the term "superstar" They originally had three first round picks this season. (Their pick, Denver's and San Antonio's) They traded the Denver pick for Thabo Sefelosha.

This is an extremely weak draft. It is doubtful that any player from this draft will be a superstar much less at the #6 spot (Griffin, Harden, Thabeet and even Hill will be gone by #6)

I doubt that OKC will be able to trade the #26 overall pick for a "superstar." Time will tell whether or not Phoenix's unprotected first in 2010 will be valuable, but I doubt that it will be a top 10 pick.

OKC would have had a very promising future had they kept Tyson Chandler, but until they find a dominant defensive big man, I don't see them being a championship contender especially in comparison to the Lakers and Portland who feature much larger teams. By sheer size alone, Bynum/Gasol and Oden/Aldridge would destroy Griffin/Green. It also doesn't help that Ariza and Batum are the best type of defenders against Durant.

blackjack_119
04-02-2009, 07:09 PM

Because Laker fans are the most objective and intelligent in sports.:rolleyes: That two to three year window would be the Lakers... after that, Portland will consistently and thoroughly beat them.

Kakaroach
04-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Their not going to draft Blake Griffin cuz they will have too high of a pick. They should trade some picks for good veterans. Maybe even pick up some good veteran FAs' like Shawn Marion or others.

CrippledRam
04-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Nets have a nasty core if Yi gets his head out of his ***. Devin Harris (26) and Brook Lopez (21) are going to be a great tandum for yrs. Yi, Ryan Anderson, and CDR should be great role-players if nothing else. And they have a Top 10 pick this year and up to 3 first rounders next year. Oh...and they have the cap space to sign a max guy in 2010.

KnicksorBust
04-02-2009, 08:43 PM
I really think they should had kept TYSON CHANDLER! Get a top pick, draft James Harden at the 2, move thabo to the bench:

PG - Westbrook
SG - Harden
SF - Durant
PF - Green
C - Chandler

Great D at the 1 and 5 spots (so vital) and great scoring at the 2-3-4. Good rebounders and passers throughout the lineup. That's a SERIOUS lineup.

Wilson
04-03-2009, 11:16 AM

Since when is having a ton of really good role players a bad thing? Pretty much every team in the league has a star or two, the teams that win are the ones with good role players too...

Also, I think it's a bit early to label Oden a bust. Give him some time...

I don't think they need an all-star SG. They already have Durant on the wing, and Westbrook at the point, who's looking like a really good player. All you want at SG with those guys is someone who can defend and spot up really.

I think all they need in their starting five now is a big guy who can play some defense.

I really think they should had kept TYSON CHANDLER! Get a top pick, draft James Harden at the 2, move thabo to the bench:

PG - Westbrook
SG - Harden
SF - Durant
PF - Green
C - Chandler

Great D at the 1 and 5 spots (so vital) and great scoring at the 2-3-4. Good rebounders and passers throughout the lineup. That's a SERIOUS lineup.

Completely agree about Chandler (I wouldn't know about Harden, I don't follow college ball :o). Chandler fit too well to be true for the Thunder, I can't understand why they let him go.

Anyway, that division could be amazing in the near future. You've already got Denver, Utah and Portland in the play-offs, the Thunder could be competing soon, and the T-Wolves have some young talent. Should be interesting over the next few years...

theimortalone
04-03-2009, 11:21 AM

PG - Westbrook
SG - Harden
SF - Durant
PF - Green
C - Chandler

He failed his physical. Why would they want to keep him? :shrug: