brook lopez

theuuord
04-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Derrick Rose
OJ Mayo
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Love
Brook Lopez

Beasley, Gordon, or Rudy could easily make it though.

IversonIsKrazy
04-01-2009, 06:46 PM
^^^^
it goes by positions, not overall (Westbrooke is a PG)

IversonIsKrazy
04-01-2009, 06:48 PM
PG: D-Rose
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: B-Easy
PF: K-Love
C: B-Lo

abe_froman
04-01-2009, 06:48 PM
^^^^

no it doesnt,it goes by the top 5 vote geters

anyways:
rose
westbrook
mayo
beasley
lopez

gordon
love
rudy
oden
gasol

theuuord
04-01-2009, 06:49 PM
^^^^

don't believe everything nba 2k9 tells you.

(lol. i thought it was that way too until a few weeks ago.)

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 06:49 PM
^^^^

nah, it doesnt. There have been teams with 4 forwards, and 1 guard, and vice versa

VCaintdead17
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM
I doubt Beasley will make the all rookie first team, nor does he deserve it. The second team makes sense though.

I would say..

Rose/Westbrook
Mayo/Gordon
Rudy/Mbah Moute
Love/Beasley
Lopez/Hibbert(Homer Pick)

theuuord
04-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I doubt Beasley will make the all rookie first team, nor does he deserve it. The second team makes sense though.

lol he probably does deserve it, but the general media is against him (and his team doesn't play him nearly enough), so he probably won't make it.

abe_froman
04-01-2009, 06:54 PM

i think he can on rep and his team doing so well,and a guy like love who deserves it being stuck in the frozen tundra of mn(so doesnt get attention)

VCaintdead17
04-01-2009, 06:58 PM
i think he can on rep and his team doing so well

You make a great point. Just because he was the second overall and play's next to D-Wade, he probably will. Although Love has been better.

They play the same amount of minutes, but Love has a better FG%, FT%, More Rebounds, and nearly as much points as Beasley.

I would take Love over Beasley as of right now.

abe_froman
04-01-2009, 07:00 PM
You make a great point. Just because he was the second overall and play's next to D-Wade, he probably will. Although Love has been better.

They play the same amount of minutes, but Love has a better FG%, FT%, More Rebounds, and nearly as much points as Beasley.

me to,love deserves it.but i feel he'll get robbed of the honer because he's in mn.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 07:03 PM
What kills me about many so called experts smash on Love is his team is bad. Um, Mayo, Gordon, Lopez, and Westbrook's teams are terrible. Rose was drafted by a team that had no business getting the #1 pick, and is 2 years removed from the playoffs with essentially the same roster last year as the year prior. And Miami's record has more to do with some kid named Wade coming back.

Rose
Westbrook
Mayo
Love
Lopez

That SHOULD be the team. Will it be? We shall see

BleedGreen1014
04-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Mario Chalmers?

b_rad23
04-01-2009, 07:09 PM

Well how about the fact that Beasley leads all rookies in points per 48 minutes. The fg% and ft% are .6 and 1% respectively. Add in the fact that Beasley shoots nearly 40% from 3 and has more of a perimeter game than Love and I don't see how you can even call that much of an advantage.

As for rebounding, that's where Love has the advantage over most, if not all rookies. If it's me, my first team is as follows:

Westbrook
Rose
Beasley
Love
Lopez

2nd:
Gordon
Rudy
Luc
Gasol
Mayo

theuuord
04-01-2009, 07:12 PM
What kills me about many so called experts smash on Love is his team is bad. Um, Mayo, Gordon, Lopez, and Westbrook's teams are terrible. Rose was drafted by a team that had no business getting the #1 pick, and is 2 years removed from the playoffs with essentially the same roster last year as the year prior. And Miami's record has more to do with some kid named Wade coming back.

Rose
Westbrook
Mayo
Love
Lopez

That SHOULD be the team. Will it be? We shall see

I would definitely put Love over Beasley as of now, but if Beasley had been getting 35 minutes a game from day one it would be a very different story...

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Well how about the fact that Beasley leads all rookies in points per 48 minutes. The fg% and ft% are .6 and 1% respectively. Add in the fact that Beasley shoots nearly 40% from 3 and has more of a perimeter game than Love and I don't see how you can even call that much of an advantage.

As for rebounding, that's where Love has the advantage over most, if not all rookies. If it's me, my first team is as follows:

Westbrook
Rose
Beasley
Love
Lopez

2nd:
Gordon
Rudy
Luc
Gasol
Mayo

I can live with this. Problem is, the media has been riding Mayo's jock since he was 13. He will be on 1st team. Most ppg, automatic even if he does zero else on the floor

boeknows
04-03-2009, 02:04 AM
I would definitely put Love over Beasley as of now, but if Beasley had been getting 35 minutes a game from day one it would be a very different story...

You dont think that if Love was getting 35 minutes a game his stats would be better too? Beasley is only averaging 1 minute per game less than Love.

Hellcrooner
04-03-2009, 02:48 AM
If it goes by position

Rose, Mayo, Love,Batum, Lopez.

If its just the best 5 regardless of position:

Rose, Westbrook, Mayo, Lopez, Gasol

Hellcrooner
04-03-2009, 02:53 AM
You dont think that if Love was getting 35 minutes a game his stats would be better too? Beasley is only averaging 1 minute per game less than Love.
f.

What if what if what if........ You have to take what hAS HAPPENED not what could have, should have may had happened.

If we enter that dinamic then let me tell that Marc Gasol is averaging just 1 point less a game than lopez taking like just the 75% of shots Lopez Takes and that if Gasol took 20 shots every game like Oj he would not only be leading the Rookies but the league in Scoring just because of his %.

The truth is he does not receive the touches so it would be stupid to vote him basing on a waht if

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-03-2009, 03:09 AM
Rose
Westbrooke
OJ
Love
Lopez

JRisdabest
04-03-2009, 03:34 AM
eric gordon????????????????????????????????

BarryIsInnocent
04-03-2009, 03:45 AM
Tony Randolph wont make this team cuz he didnt get PT till half way throuhg the season. He will have a better career than all not named Mayo, Beasley, Rose. Kid has some Raw Skills for a 19 year old. 6'10 handles the ball like a 6'2'' SG No Joke if he gets his midrange shot down hes a Allstar

SMS07
04-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Why no love for Eric Gordon and Jason Thompson???

abe_froman
04-03-2009, 04:32 AM
Why no love for Eric Gordon and Jason Thompson???

because there are better rookies than them,enough to make them slip 2nd(and in the case of thompson maybe not on 2nd team either).its been that tough in competition with it being one of the best classes all time

rose,beasley,love,gordon,gasol,lee,oden,thompson,f ernandez,batum,lopez,mayo,chalmers,augustin,
speights,westbrook...

any other year these guys would make the team(either first or second),with many of them being legit roy candidates(with some locks to win in any other year)

Lakerfrk
04-03-2009, 05:21 AM
No love for Courtney Lee?!?!

he deserves to be on the second team for sure...

Rose
Mayo
Westbrook
Beasley
Lopez

Love
Thompson
Gasol
Lee
Gordon

Hellcrooner
04-03-2009, 03:27 PM
mmmmm is it me or IN AVERAGE this may be a better rookie class that 03żż

I mean yeash 03 has 3 or 4 SUPERSTARS but the rest of the class was like MEH....

THis year we have REAL PROBLEMS to decide just 10 names for the all rookie teams and there are like 15 players that may become Very solid starters , all stars and some superstars.

abe_froman
04-03-2009, 03:33 PM
mmmmm is it me or IN AVERAGE this may be a better rookie class that 03żż

I mean yeash 03 has 3 or 4 SUPERSTARS but the rest of the class was like MEH....

THis year we have REAL PROBLEMS to decide just 10 names for the all rookie teams and there are like 15 players that may become Very solid starters , all stars and some superstars.

naw,'03 was stacked with good non star players as well:hinrich,ford,kaman,barbosa,west,diaw...the list goes on

maybe up there with 04 though

charlsdq7
04-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Rose
Mayo
Westbrook
Lopez
Love

Rudy hopefully

bbcmillionaire
04-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Mario Chalmers?

yeah i like super mario better then b-easy. we said RIGHT NOW, not in the future so mario gets that second team.(and im a diehard bulls fan p.s. heat suck)

dandman1021
04-03-2009, 04:08 PM
i say rose beasley westbrook brook lopez and oj mayo

UK Bull
04-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Rose
Westbrook
Beasley
Love
B Lopez

rabzouz 96
04-03-2009, 04:54 PM
rose
westbrook
mayo
beasley
brook

BullsNumber1Fan
04-03-2009, 05:00 PM
^^^^

Actually, no it doesn't go by position. I think it was the '00 draft where their were 4 guards and a PF(Brand). So mine would go like this:

Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
OJ Mayo
Michael Beasley/Kevin Love (Take Your Pick)
Brook Lopez

Purugskid
04-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Because it doesn't go by position, mine would be:

Rose
Westbrook
Mayo
Love
Lopez

abe_froman
04-03-2009, 05:02 PM
i'm actually starting to believe that love can pull it out.the voters might not be that bad as i originally though

Raps18-19 Champ
04-03-2009, 05:46 PM
G-Derrick Rose
G-Russell Westbrook
G-OJ Mayo
F-Michael Beasley or Kevin Love
C-Brook Lopez

Korman12
04-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Rose
Westbrook
Mayo
Lopez

For the last slot I can't really decide between Gordon or Beasley, but I feel Gordon should have a slight edge.

Although I predict that Beasley will still be on 1st team.

boeknows
04-03-2009, 07:57 PM
f.

What if what if what if........ You have to take what hAS HAPPENED not what could have, should have may had happened.

If we enter that dinamic then let me tell that Marc Gasol is averaging just 1 point less a game than lopez taking like just the 75% of shots Lopez Takes and that if Gasol took 20 shots every game like Oj he would not only be leading the Rookies but the league in Scoring just because of his %.

The truth is he does not receive the touches so it would be stupid to vote him basing on a waht if

You must not have read what the other guy wrote. If u did you would have known what i was talking about.

Kakaroach
04-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
O.J. Mayo
Kevin Love
Brook Lopez

MAC10TIZZY
04-03-2009, 08:24 PM
dont sleep on c. lee

Chateamsfan
04-03-2009, 09:02 PM
What about D.J. Augustin?

Korman12
04-03-2009, 10:01 PM
dont sleep on c. lee

What about D.J. Augustin?

Sorry, no for both. Good players, but not that good.

Do you guys honestly believe that either of those two really deserves to be on the NBA All-1st Rookie team above Mayo, Westbrook, Gordon, Lopez, Love, Gasol, Fernandez, or Beasley?

what54!?
04-03-2009, 10:05 PM
rose
westbrook
mayo
beasley or love
lopez

Raps18-19 Champ
04-03-2009, 10:16 PM
First Team

G-Derrick Rose
G-Russell Westbrook
G-OJ Mayo
F-Kevin Love
C-Brook Lopez

Second Team

G-D.J Augustine
G-Eric Gordon
G-Mario Chalmers
F-Michael Beasley
C-Marc Gasol

HM-Jason Thompson, Rudy Fernandez, Luc Mbah a Moute, Anthony Morrow

_Sn1P3r_
04-04-2009, 12:36 AM
First Team:

C-Brook Lopez
PF-Kevin Love
SF-Michael Beasley
SG-OJ Mayo
PG-Derrick Rose

montazingmvp
04-04-2009, 03:13 AM
anthony randolph probably won't make the 1st or 2nd team but i just want to let people know that he is going to be a beast in the future and may turn out to be one of the best players from this draft

here are his rookie year stats (and remember he's the youngest player in the league)

15mpg 7ppg 5rpg 1.2bpg 47fg%

the stats don't jump out at you, but in limited time hes been great at times...

cali72888
04-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Rose/Westbrook
Mayo/Gordon
Rudy/Mbah Moute
Beasley/ Randolph
Lopez

DitchDat
04-04-2009, 10:10 AM
PG - Derrick Rose
SF - Rudy Fernandez
C - Brook Lopez
SG - Eric Gordon
PF - Kevin Love

Chalmers, Gasol and Courtney Lee get honorable mentions.
I still needs some convincing on Beasley and Mayo.

daleja424
04-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Mario Chalmers
Derrick Rose
Rudy Fernandez
Michael Beasley
Brook Lopez

These guys are getting it done and making huge contributions on teams that are at least playoff possibilities.

I know Mayo is leading rookies in scoring and Gordon and Westbrook are playing good as well...but come on. All three of those teams are garbage. I want guys that are making an impact on the floor during important times and in a playoff run...not the guys that are a focal point on their terrible team. Put any of the guys I have on the first team on the Grizz and they could probably lead rookies in scoring too...

Raps18-19 Champ
04-04-2009, 10:59 AM
I can believe some of you people are leaving out Mayo. He is probably the 1st or 2nd best rookie. I would probably put Rose over him but Mayo is still doing good so I can't see how you are putting him under players like Gordon, Fernandez, Beasley and Love

Raps18-19 Champ
04-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Mario Chalmers
Derrick Rose
Rudy Fernandez
Michael Beasley
Brook Lopez

These guys are getting it done and making huge contributions on teams that are at least playoff possibilities.

I know Mayo is leading rookies in scoring and Gordon and Westbrook are playing good as well...but come on. All three of those teams are garbage. I want guys that are making an impact on the floor during important times and in a playoff run...not the guys that are a focal point on their terrible team. Put any of the guys I have on the first team on the Grizz and they could probably lead rookies in scoring too...

Is it a coincidence that there are 2 Heat players there? Especially Chalmers over Mayo, Westbrook and Gordon. Last time I checked, it was the best 5 rookies not the best "contributor" to a playoff team.

cvburg
04-04-2009, 12:26 PM
glad to see a little love for courtney lee....he has been great and probably the best rookie defender this year

MilfHunter07
04-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Mario Chalmers
Derrick Rose
Rudy Fernandez
Michael Beasley
Brook Lopez

stop being such a homer. chalmers isnt a 1st team rookie nor is he close.

MGB
04-04-2009, 02:34 PM
I'd go Rose/Westbrook/Mayo/Beasley/Lopez

LayZbone
04-04-2009, 02:49 PM
1st Team:
Rose
Westbrook
Mayo
Beasley (Love)
Lopez

2nd team:
Chalmers
Gordon
Fernandez
Love (Beasley)
Gasol

Augustin and Thompson are both realistic options for the 2nd team. There's also a chance that Eric Gordon beats out both Beasley and Love for the last spot on the 1st team.

PhillyDominance
04-04-2009, 02:51 PM
i'll give it a fresh perspective here:
PG Russell Westbrook
SG Eric Gordon
SF O.J. Mayo
PF Michael Beasley
C Brook Lopez

Derrick Rose
Marc Gasol
Kevin Love
Marreese Speights
Rudy Fernandez
D.J. Augustyn

Sportfan
04-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Derrick Rose
OJ Mayo
Beasely
Love
Lopez

Sportfan
04-04-2009, 03:04 PM
PG Russell Westbrook
SG Eric Gordon
SF O.J. Mayo
PF Michael Beasley
C Brook Lopez

Derrick Rose
Marc Gasol
Kevin Love
Marreese Speights
Rudy Fernandez
D.J. Augustyn

really? Westbrook has been really good but i think rose should be on the 1st team over him

daleja424
04-05-2009, 01:00 AM
stop being such a homer. chalmers isnt a 1st team rookie nor is he close.

bullcrap! Chalmers is averaging 10 and 5 on a team tat he isnt even the 5th option and is 3rd in the league in steals. Is he a first teamer? prob not.... but to say he isnt close is ignorant...

klvanzu
04-05-2009, 03:18 AM
PG Russell Westbrook
SG Eric Gordon
SF O.J. Mayo
PF Michael Beasley
C Brook Lopez

Derrick Rose
Marc Gasol
Kevin Love
Marreese Speights
Rudy Fernandez
D.J. Augustyn

Is this the deaf, dumb, blind perspective?

CP3 The Great
04-05-2009, 03:20 AM
PG-Derrick Rose
SG-OJ Mayo
SF-Michael Beasley
PF-Kevin Love
C-Brook Lopez

If its not the NBA are complete idiots although rudy fernandez has a great shot on getting their

IrespectNumber3
04-05-2009, 03:22 AM
Chalmers isn't 1st team

Kyben36
04-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Rose - im not trying to be a homer but the guy is going to lead the bulls to the playoffs and is ( probably ) going to win ROY
OJ- The best SG of the class, I would love to see Rudy though
Beasley- The guy can put up numbers
Kevin Love- The guy is fundamentaly sound in everything
Lopez- After watching him in person, He is a beast

HiphopRelated
04-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Rose
Mayo
Beasley
Love
Lopez

2 guards 2 forwards 1 c

PhillyDominance
04-16-2009, 06:43 PM
well, i just look at all-around play. Westbrook is a much better defender than Rose. I think Rose is a better player right now but I like Westbrook's upside alittle bit more because he's less selfish.

knicks1214
04-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Rose, Mayo, Westbrook, Beasley, and Lopez. Sure, Love has had a great, and very underrated rookie season, but I think the other guys just outplayed him.

Kakaroach
04-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Beasley shouldn't be on the team instead of Mayo or Westbrook. They have been much better than Beasley this season.

Kyle916
04-16-2009, 06:57 PM
This turned out to be a very deep draft.

Jason Thompson as played awesome (11 and 7) yet he won't even be mentioned in the 1st Team conversation.

b_rad23
04-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Beasley shouldn't be on the team instead of Mayo or Westbrook. They have been much better than Beasley this season.

:confused:

4 less points in 14 less minutes, better %s (including being better from 3 which is shocking from a PF) is not better? Maybe if Mayo did anything other than scoring (and above average defense vs average defense I suppose) I could see the logic...

I'd buy the Westbrook arguement but Mayo hasn't been better IMO.

Westbrook
Rose
Beasley
Love
Lopez IMO.

knicks1214
04-16-2009, 07:01 PM
JT won't be mentioned because this is one of the best and deepest draft classes in recent years. However, I think he should be a lock for second team and he definitely has a very bright future.

SeoulBeatz
04-16-2009, 07:24 PM

Westbrook
Rose
Beasley
Love
Lopez

2nd:
Gordon
Rudy
Luc
Gasol
Mayo

switch Beasley with Mayo and all is well.

Beasley will probably be a top 3 player in this draft eventually, but he had a very inconsistent showing this year, which is fine, cus hes a rookie, but there were 5 rookies that did better than he did.

and u cant use the 48 minute argument cus if we went by that Marreese Speights would be on the 1st team averaging 24.2, 10.4, and 2.5 blocks.

see, it doesnt work.

Kjthunder
04-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Ok enough arguments for Beasley, yes if he had been given the minutes he would probably be on the team, but he hasn't and therefor shouldn't be. And its pretty dumb to say rudy should be on there. It should be the top 5 rookies.

Rose
Westbrook
Mayo
Love
Lopez

td0tsfinest
04-16-2009, 07:35 PM
going by the standards: 2G, 2F and a C
D.Rose
O.Mayo
K.Love
M.Beasley
B.Lopez

If either Eric Gordon or Russell Westbrook were forwards I would put up there.

klvanzu
04-16-2009, 07:42 PM
well, i just look at all-around play. Westbrook is a much better defender than Rose. I think Rose is a better player right now but I like Westbrook's upside alittle bit more because he's less selfish.

Westbrook must not shoot or handle the ball at all because Rose is one of the least selfish PGs in the game. If you took a poll 99% of Bulls fans would say that he needs to be more selfish. He's the epitome of a pass-first point guard.

junion
04-16-2009, 07:49 PM
derrick rose
russell westbrook
oj mayo
kevin love
marc gasol

JNore151
04-16-2009, 07:55 PM
lopez
eric gordon
oj