i actually think we are pretty deep compared to most

EX-TREME
04-02-2009, 10:46 AM
GARBAGEE

lol jks

and you have a better one?

tugboat424
04-02-2009, 12:44 PM
I like our bench for the most part. I LOVE Marcin Gortat and what he does for our team. Battie should give some solid, quality minutes come playoff time for our front court as well.

I'm a huge Courtney Lee fan and being that I live in New York, don't get to see the Magic much really. Is he starting still? I watched him against Kobe on that national telivision game and I thought he played Kobe as well as anyone possibly could, and even shut him down at times in the fourth quarter when it mattered. I don't know if he'll ever be an all-star, but from what I've seen he can be a lock down defender and a solid rotation guy if not a GOOD starter.

Other than that - I don't like watching Anthony Johnson play basketball. He can dribble and that seems to be about it.

EX-TREME
04-02-2009, 01:04 PM
I like our bench for the most part. I LOVE Marcin Gortat and what he does for our team. Battie should give some solid, quality minutes come playoff time for our front court as well.

I'm a huge Courtney Lee fan and being that I live in New York, don't get to see the Magic much really. Is he starting still? I watched him against Kobe on that national telivision game and I thought he played Kobe as well as anyone possibly could, and even shut him down at times in the fourth quarter when it mattered. I don't know if he'll ever be an all-star, but from what I've seen he can be a lock down defender and a solid rotation guy if not a GOOD starter.

Other than that - I don't like watching Anthony Johnson play basketball. He can dribble and that seems to be about it.

courtney is starting. he is a good player. he was a steal in the draft. good job otis.

well aj contract is expiring.

tugboat424
04-02-2009, 01:07 PM
I think Courtney is gonna be a great part of the core nucleus we have established because he doesn't need to score to be effective - he can D-up the best 2's and 3's for the other teams. He seems like a better version of Pietrus.

What do you think is gonna happen with Hedo? Wouldn't we go into the luxury tax area if we resign him assuming he's gonna want more cash which I think is pretty safe to assume?

EX-TREME
04-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I think Courtney is gonna be a great part of the core nucleus we have established because he doesn't need to score to be effective - he can D-up the best 2's and 3's for the other teams. He seems like a better version of Pietrus.

What do you think is gonna happen with Hedo? Wouldn't we go into the luxury tax area if we resign him assuming he's gonna want more cash which I think is pretty safe to assume?

otis is trying to convince his agent to resign. luxury tax would be a problem so we can't keep gortat and hedo. otis is willing to do anything just we can keep hedo here. hedo might command 7 mill.

macc
04-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I think it would be really important that we keep Hedo. We don't have to many guys that can create their own shot and when we are missing our shots Hedo finds a way to either penetrate or make a difficult shot. I hope we resign him.

MK I'm kinda disappointed with. Very nice jump shooter but watching him I always expect more out of him. He's an excellent passer but I think he's just been a role player so long he doesn't know how to do anything else. He drives hard to the basket which is good but I want to see more of. I don't know if he just doesn't have much ball handling skills or what but he doesn't face up to much. At first I was suprised that Lee was starting over him but bottom line is Lee plays better. I think Lee was a steal for us as well.

macc
04-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Overall I'm pretty happy with our bench. I think the big thing we're missing is another big who can bang down low. Battie and Gortat are solid but I wouldn't mind a Kenyon Martin type player who doesn't settle for jump shots and posts up.

I actually used to hate AJ but as the season went on I started to respect him more. He does a lot of little things that are productive so I have to say I'm sorry to AJ for talking bad about him most of the year. You proved me wrong for the most part.

I think next year when we have Rafer as our back up point we'll be def a championship contender even moreso then this year.

PG Nelson/Alston
SG Lee/MP/Reddick
SF Hedo/MP
PF Lewis/Battie/hopefully a signed true PF
C Howard/Gortat

rapjuicer06
04-02-2009, 05:53 PM
i wouldn't be heartbroken if hedo left....leave us to get a real pf and move lewis back to sf

TheDiggler
04-03-2009, 08:26 AM
i wouldn't be heartbroken if hedo left....leave us to get a real pf and move lewis back to sf
x2

True words. Just, I don't know who might be available for the Magic's PF ?

MAC10TIZZY
04-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Overall I'm pretty happy with our bench. I think the big thing we're missing is another big who can bang down low. Battie and Gortat are solid but I wouldn't mind a Kenyon Martin type player who doesn't settle for jump shots and posts up.

I actually used to hate AJ but as the season went on I started to respect him more. He does a lot of little things that are productive so I have to say I'm sorry to AJ for talking bad about him most of the year. You proved me wrong for the most part.

I think next year when we have Rafer as our back up point we'll be def a championship contender even moreso then this year.

PG Nelson/Alston
SG Lee/MP/Reddick
SF Hedo/MP
PF Lewis/Battie/hopefully a signed true PF
C Howard/Gortat

aj will def. appreciate this, and i too agree....im so excited for tonite's game(cavs) and for the playoffs, my main concern is what position we get in the east and who we face(contrary)

tugboat424
04-03-2009, 02:29 PM
I know we don't have a first round draft pick, but a player that is likely to go in the late first round if we had it that I think we could use would be Tyler Hansbrough. He's basically Anderson Varajao, except two inches shorter, and with a Jump shot. He'd work hard and I think could be someone we could use.

I would hope with our second round pick we found someone who had played college ball for awhile. A Pendergraph or Heytvelt would be great 4's for us I think.

EX-TREME
04-03-2009, 04:39 PM
i love josh heytvelt. actully we were before alston trade projected to pick him.