PDA

View Full Version : Moves that teams made that sort of killed their franchise for years?

JordansBulls
04-01-2009, 01:14 PM
What moves did teams make over the years that seemed to have killed their franchise for years?

It could be free agent signings, coaching changes, trades, etc.

ink
04-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Robert Sarver purchases the Phoenix Suns. Goodbye success.

what54!?
04-01-2009, 01:26 PM
The suns for hiring steve kerr as their gm.

I don't need to point out the knicks hiring Isaiah.......

UK Bull
04-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Suns Trading every draft pick they had like Rondo, Deng, Rudy, Nate Robinson

Bucks trade Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to the Lakers for Elmore Smith, Brian Winters, Dave Meyers, and Junior Bridgeman in 1975

Ray_R
04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
IVERSON to Pistons for Chauncy Billups & Shaq to The Suns

ballinbalkman32
04-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Isiah thomas ............stephon marbury, steve francis, eddy curry, z-bo passing on ron artest, danny granger........should i go on

Afridi786
04-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Bulls signing Ben Wallace.

Bob_at_york
04-01-2009, 01:47 PM
that is the same as the Sarver one. He is the one who wanted to cut costs.

ottograham14
04-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Not that big on that it killed the team for years, but if he would have done what he said he was going to do and stay with the team I would say Boozer leaving Cleveland.

I think if he would have stayed then Cleveland would have been a lot more dangerous the past 4 years.

DerekRE_3
04-01-2009, 01:51 PM
For the Kings, firing Adelman and hiring Eric Musselman.

pd7631
04-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Basically everything that Billy King did for the Sixers.....

Eric Snow- 4 years 25.6 million dollars

Aaron Mckie- 4 years 20 million dollars

Willie Green- 3 years remaining at close to 4 million dollars per season

Samuel Dalembert- 3 years remaining worth close to 11 million per season

Kenny Thomas- still making about 8 million per season thanks to Mr. King

Drafted Larry Hughes ahead of Dirk Nowitzki and Paul Pierce

2001-2002 --Sixers go 43-39 and lose in the first round then they trade for Kieth Van Horn, go 48-34 and make it to the second round, then they trade Van Horn for Glenn Robinson and go 33-49.......translation-------Sixers with Van Horn>>>>Sixers with Glenn "Chihuahua" Robinson(I can't stand that guy)

And after Larry Brown left the Sixers, we had 4 coaches in 3 years(Randy Ayers, Chris Ford, Jim O'brien, Maurice Cheeks)

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Timberwolves

Trading Ray Allen for Stephon Marbury on draft day
Trading Brandon Roy for Randy Foye on draft day
Signing Joe Smith to an illegal deal, costing them 4 first rounders and cash
Trading Cassell for Marko Jaric, then giving Jaric a monster deal
Giving Troy Hudson a monster deal
Giving Kevin Garnett a $126 million deal

Hiring Kevin McHale as our GM

I could go on, but I would rather throw my computer out the window

pd7631
04-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Timberwolves

HAHAHAHA

I think Billy King and Kevin McHale are the only 2 guys that could possibly team up to make a franchise worse than the Clippers

CityofTreez
04-01-2009, 02:06 PM
King's Fan

We got rid of RICK ADELMAN because the Maloofs used him as a scapegoat in the Spurs Playoff series. I assumed the Maloof's had enough after Brent Barry hit that 3-pointer that bounced in as he was not defended. They also believed the notion that he cannot win big games. Rick Adelman was a great coach that had to coach against legendary players w/ Portland & Sacramento.

I think that was the begginning of an end!
Also, Chris Webber trade for Kenny Thomas & Corliss Williamson, & young Matt Barnes. We still made playoffs with Adelman as our head coach.

DerekRE_3
04-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Bobcats have managed to make some stupid moves in their short 5 year history, most of the mistakes were in the draft.

1. Drafting Adam Morrison over Brandon Roy: I still don't understand this. We had Matt freaking Carroll at SG, and had Gerald Wallace at SF....so we draft an SF. Not only that, Roy ends up being hands down the best player in the draft while Morrison is a complete bust.

2. Not trading the #5 and #13 pick for the #3 pick in the 2005 draft. We could have used that #3 pick to get either Deron Williams or Chris Paul. Instead we drafted Raymond Felton (solid player) and Sean May (bust).

3. Trading Walter Hermann and Primoz Brezec for Nazr Mohammed. Mohammed doesn't play, and his contract sucks.

Luckily this year, the Bobcats have made up for their dumb moves a little bit by trading for Raja Bell and Boris Diaw.

dawkinit
04-01-2009, 02:10 PM

2001-2002 --Sixers go 43-39 and lose in the first round then they trade for Kieth Van Horn, go 48-34 and make it to the second round, then they trade Van Horn for Glenn Robinson and go 33-49.......translation-------Sixers with Van Horn>>>>Sixers with Glenn "Chihuahua" Robinson(I can't stand that guy)

And after Larry Brown left the Sixers, we had 4 coaches in 3 years(Randy Ayers, Chris Ford, Jim O'brien, Maurice Cheeks)

*sigh*
i hate king

JordansBulls
04-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Bulls signing Ben Wallace.

That wasn't bad? We ended up making the 2nd round the year we signed him.

nyanks79
04-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Isiah thomas ............stephon marbury, steve francis, eddy curry, z-bo passing on ron artest, danny granger........should i go on

You forgot Jared Jefferies and Jerome James awful contracts, and giving away 3 lottery picks.

Rodney Stuckey
04-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Darko Need i say more ( BOSH,WADE,............... ANY ONE BUT DARKO!!!!!!!!

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 02:46 PM

I was wondering how long it would be before Detroit monumentally screwing up the 2003 draft would come along.

NaccAttack11
04-01-2009, 02:52 PM

You could of also had melo...lol

Saltinuts40
04-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Chris Cohan buying the franchise.

Drafting Adonal Foyle, Todd Fuller, and Joe Smith instead of Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, and Tracy McGrady.

Trading Penny Hardaway and 3 1st round picks for Chris Webber, than trading Webber for Tom Gugliotta and 3 picks, than trading Googs for Donyell Marshall, than trading Marshall for Danny Fortson and then trading Danny Fortson for Nick Van Exel.

Trading Tim Hardaway and Chris Gatling for Bimbo Coles and Kevin Willis

MadeInDade3589
04-01-2009, 03:39 PM
For the Heat it has to be giving up Walker and a 1st rounder for Ricky Davis and Mark Blount

abe_froman
04-01-2009, 03:52 PM

for that one year,no.

but the following year it turned into a disaster..well helped in the down fall that year,and with his contract,which crippled us financially on what we could do(forcing us to trade tyson chandler).add age and the drama that unfolded forced us to only able to make laterally bad move to get rid of him(trade for larry hughes),which prolonged the misery into this year.

so i'll say that,and also:
-trading aldridge(the exact type of player we been demanding for,for years) on draft day for tyrus thomas.
-trading elton brand
-and though wasnt in our control jay will's accident
-blowing up the dynasty team completely and starting from scratch
-trading away a young ron artest and brad miller for jalen rose
-tim floyd,bill cartwright,jim boylan,vinny del negro as coach
-though in dispute on feasibility;not pulling the trigger on trades for kobe,pau,kg,amare

...and i wont go into the better choices in '04 and '06 drafts that us and others passed on(al jeff,roy,ect.)

jmoney23
04-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Raptors have had some bad picks...

Taking Michael Bradley over Tony Parker, Gerald Wallace, and Zach Randloph among others.

Hoffa...do I need to explain this?

Aleksander Radojevic (Had to look this bum up)...12th overall in '99...over Maggette, Artest, Posey, Kirilenko...hell Jeff Foster and Kenny Thomas would have been better that year

-Trading VC and getting nothing of value back, besides picks...

masalex1205
04-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Timberwolves

AND we have a winner

sugarrayray
04-01-2009, 04:27 PM
the bucks trading ray allen to get an old gary payton for 3 months, also trading dirk nowitzki for robert "tractor" traylor,

JordansBulls
04-02-2009, 08:26 AM
for that one year,no.

but the following year it turned into a disaster..well helped in the down fall that year,and with his contract,which crippled us financially on what we could do(forcing us to trade tyson chandler).add age and the drama that unfolded forced us to only able to make laterally bad move to get rid of him(trade for larry hughes),which prolonged the misery into this year.

so i'll say that,and also:
-trading aldridge(the exact type of player we been demanding for,for years) on draft day for tyrus thomas.
-trading elton brand
-and though wasnt in our control jay will's accident
-blowing up the dynasty team completely and starting from scratch
-trading away a young ron artest and brad miller for jalen rose
-tim floyd,bill cartwright,jim boylan,vinny del negro as coach
-though in dispute on feasibility;not pulling the trigger on trades for kobe,pau,kg,amare

...and i wont go into the better choices in '04 and '06 drafts that us and others passed on(al jeff,roy,ect.)

Have any of those crippled us though? We ended up getting a stud PG now.

bostncelts34
04-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Celtics drafting troy bell,ron mercer.

Len Bias's unfortunate passing altered celtics history big time.
Giving Lafrentz that huge contract.
Pattino.
Letting posey go.

More-Than-Most
04-02-2009, 09:28 AM

You forgot about the trade for Webber and his monster contract as well. We had to buy him out for like 30 something mill right?

1goldenrican1
04-02-2009, 10:55 AM
The key word in the title is KILLED. Which means its over, no getting up, not coming back for a long long time. So here is mine and Shaq said it best "you never trade a Legend". When the Knicks traded Patrick Ewing to the Sonics.

In the trade, the Knicks sent Ewing to Seattle and Chris Dudley to Phoenix, and received Glen Rice, Luc Longley, Travis Knight, Vladimir Stepania, Lazaro Borrell, Vernon Maxwell, two first-round draft picks (from the Los Angeles Lakers and Seattle) and two second-round draft picks from Seattle. Many would later consider the trade a significant part of the Knicks' disintegration from a former NBA powerhouse to perennial loser.

What they dont tell you that half of the guys were bad contracts and the draft picks werent even high. 2 1/2-3 years later Isiah came in. The rest is history. Got stephon, penny, traded draft picks and took back HUGE contracts. Paid the FULL MLE to Jerome james and Jared Jeffries. Traded for Jamal crawford who is a streky shooter and never has been to the playoffs. Trade are first round pick and players for Curry who has a bad contract. Traded for the Zach the black hole Randolph. I could go on and on, lol:cry:.

Ever since the ewing trade we have taken back bad contracts and gave away 1 round picks that were always top 8. We have been CRAP for almost 10 years.

DenButsu
04-02-2009, 11:14 AM
K-Mart's contract, George Karl

RodmansBulls
04-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Man Nba owners are morons, but its not all on them. If you draft a player you don't how his character is. You don't know if he's a slacker or a hard worker, untill its to late. The Pistons wanted a good scoring Center to solidfy there line up. Because they were playing 4 on 5 with Ben wallace out there.

bigvdebo86
04-02-2009, 11:44 AM
the hornets for not keeping kobe

pd7631
04-02-2009, 11:47 AM
You forgot about the trade for Webber and his monster contract as well. We had to buy him out for like 30 something mill right?

I don't really consider that trade to be that bad of a move.

We traded Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson, and Brian Skinner for him.....so we really didn't give up anybody of value.

Plus, we did have to eat C-Webb's contract and he didn't work out the way he was supposed to, but if we still had Kenny Thomas we'd be paying him abut 8 mil for a couple more years.

JordansBulls
04-02-2009, 11:49 AM
The key word in the title is KILLED. Which means its over, no getting up, not coming back for a long long time. So here is mine and Shaq said it best "you never trade a Legend". When the Knicks traded Patrick Ewing to the Sonics.

In the trade, the Knicks sent Ewing to Seattle and Chris Dudley to Phoenix, and received Glen Rice, Luc Longley, Travis Knight, Vladimir Stepania, Lazaro Borrell, Vernon Maxwell, two first-round draft picks (from the Los Angeles Lakers and Seattle) and two second-round draft picks from Seattle. Many would later consider the trade a significant part of the Knicks' disintegration from a former NBA powerhouse to perennial loser.

What they dont tell you that half of the guys were bad contracts and the draft picks werent even high. 2 1/2-3 years later Isiah came in. The rest is history. Got stephon, penny, traded draft picks and took back HUGE contracts. Paid the FULL MLE to Jerome james and Jared Jeffries. Traded for Jamal crawford who is a streky shooter and never has been to the playoffs. Trade are first round pick and players for Curry who has a bad contract. Traded for the Zach the black hole Randolph. I could go on and on, lol:cry:.

Ever since the ewing trade we have taken back bad contracts and gave away 1 round picks that were always top 8. We have been CRAP for almost 10 years.

I'm still not sure why the Knicks would have traded Ewing for that package.

ink
04-02-2009, 11:57 AM
The feud between Jordan and Reinsdorf and Krause. Ego killed that dynasty -- on all sides.

masalex1205
04-02-2009, 11:58 AM

Pattino.
Letting posey go.

Disagree w/ you about letting Posey go. The Hornets made the bad move IMo.

NJ#1FAN
04-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Dallas trading for JKidd. THANK...YOU...CU-BAN!

goldenstater
04-02-2009, 12:21 PM
trading webber, never should have happened!!!

goldenstater
04-02-2009, 12:23 PM
the hornets for not keeping kobe

that was not your fault, he was not going to play for anyone but the lakers anyways. dont beat your self up on that one:D

akesh99
04-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Toronto trades Vince Carter to NJ for Aaron Williams, Eric Williams, Alonzo Mourning and 2 first rounders (top 8 protected). Mourning then refuses to report, we buy him out and he signs with the Heat and wins a championship. Aaron and Eric Wiliams ride the bench for the rest of their stay in Toronto.

bghoops13
04-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Iverson to the pistons killed their franchise. They will not be the team they were before he came for a long time. Also, Rasheed is getting old.

Giaps
04-02-2009, 01:03 PM

I came in here to say the same thing. The last decade of ineptitude is a direct result of the Ewing trade.

Also not to be overshadowed:
The Stephon Marbury trade, which cost the Knicks cap space for the duration of Marbury's contract and the Knicks STILL owe a first-rounder (unprotected in 2010) to the Utah Jazz. Thanks Isiah, you d-bag.

op12
04-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Bobcats have managed to make some stupid moves in their short 5 year history, most of the mistakes were in the draft.

1. Drafting Adam Morrison over Brandon Roy: I still don't understand this. We had Matt freaking Carroll at SG, and had Gerald Wallace at SF....so we draft an SF. Not only that, Roy ends up being hands down the best player in the draft while Morrison is a complete bust.

2. Not trading the #5 and #13 pick for the #3 pick in the 2005 draft. We could have used that #3 pick to get either Deron Williams or Chris Paul. Instead we drafted Raymond Felton (solid player) and Sean May (bust).

3. Trading Walter Hermann and Primoz Brezec for Nazr Mohammed. Mohammed doesn't play, and his contract sucks.

Luckily this year, the Bobcats have made up for their dumb moves a little bit by trading for Raja Bell and Boris Diaw.

i agree with these for the cats except for part of #2. i think felton was a fine pick and can be an elite pg with the right lineup. obviously they should have drafted someone other than may.

for the celtics i think the biggest killer was the death of reggie lewis in the early 90s, not to mention len bias in the 80s. everyone talks about the celtics being down in the 90s but losing your superstar who was just coming into his own was a huge set back. there were also the numerous draft picks that were busts, ex. jon barry, acie earl, eric montross in the 90s. the 97 draft with billups #3 and mercer #6. getting rid of these 2 way too early. then the early 2000s drafting jerome moiso then with 3 1st rd picks, joe johnson, kendrick brown, and joseph forte. trading joe way too early.

we drafted walker in 96 and pierce in 98. just think if they had kept billups and mercer with these 2 and let them learn together as a young unit they would have been tough in the east as they were anyway in the early 2000s. then still possibly getting joe johnson in 01. i think most drafts up until 03(perk) really hurt them, but trading solid young players too early really set them back.

op12
04-02-2009, 01:53 PM

Pattino.
Letting posey go.

almost forgot about raef even though i dont think it killed us, it was a terrible move. posey is kind of yes and no, we will see. patino drove us down but did draft pierce and walker. and troy bell was ok because we traded him and dahntay jones for marcus banks and perk. i think that was when they got back on track in the draft. ron mercer could have been good, like i said in my 1st post, if they had kept the young nucleus together.

king4day
04-02-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm still not sure why the Knicks would have traded Ewing for that package.

Because when you get back that many players in any deal, you are automatically better :)

king4day
04-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Iverson to the pistons killed their franchise. They will not be the team they were before he came for a long time. Also, Rasheed is getting old.

The reason Sheed and AI won't hurt the Pistons long term is the same reason the Shaq trade won't hurt the Suns long term.
They are at the end of their contracts and will free up a lot of money to tweak/rebuild their lineups.

The Pistons sacraficed their season but in the end, they MAY end up a lottery team with a ton of money off the books. Could be a good summer and quick turnaround for them.

abe_froman
04-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Have any of those crippled us though? We ended up getting a stud PG now.

we did get one...now,which is five or even ten years after some of the events i listed

thesparky33
04-02-2009, 04:45 PM
The illegal Joe Smith deal was what killed the chances of an NBA championship with Garnett in Minnesota.

We lost draft picks for several years, and we actually took a hit financially pretty bad I believe.

It didnt hurt the team short-term, but in the long run, not having young guys develop really just gave us a one man show during KG's prime.

McHale did a good job trying to patch up a title run by getting two past-their-prime stars in Cassell and Sprewell, and they got super close, but just think of how close they could have gotten if they would have developed a team the right way through the draft...

I'm gonna go find some rope to hang myself now...

JordansBulls
04-02-2009, 05:49 PM
we did get one...now,which is five or even ten years after some of the events i listed

Which is still not bad.

CityofTreez
04-02-2009, 05:55 PM
I don't really consider that trade to be that bad of a move.

We traded Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson, and Brian Skinner for him.....so we really didn't give up anybody of value.

Plus, we did have to eat C-Webb's contract and he didn't work out the way he was supposed to, but if we still had Kenny Thomas we'd be paying him abut 8 mil for a couple more years.

Didn't you guys give us Michael Bradley & Matt Barnes along w/ Thomas, Williamson, Skinner? Matt Barnes has lately played efficiently apart of that Warriors team that stunned the mavericks, No?

Fireworld
04-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Timberwolves

tell me about the "Signing Joe Smith to an illegal deal" I never heard of such a thing.

Vinny642
04-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Trading Kobe for Divac, but I don't care about it.

Maybe---- Letting Pargo go this year.

pd7631
04-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Didn't you guys give us Michael Bradley & Matt Barnes along w/ Thomas, Williamson, Skinner? Matt Barnes has lately played efficiently apart of that Warriors team that stunned the mavericks, No?

Actually the Kings sent Barnes and Bradley to the Sixers in that deal

JordansBulls
04-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Trading Kobe for Divac, but I don't care about it.

Maybe---- Letting Pargo go this year.

How was that bad at the time?

Vinny642
04-02-2009, 07:23 PM
which? kobe or pargo?
kobe- maybe could've gotten us a championship

pargo- ehh he shouldn't be there but I'd love him taking devin brown spot at sg bench

CityofTreez
04-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Actually the Kings sent Barnes and Bradley to the Sixers in that deal

Yeah, that was a bad decision on geoff petrie's part: That saying that everyone is expendable, is ludicrous! C-Webb was the man, should've paid dude

JordansBulls
04-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Because when you get back that many players in any deal, you are automatically better :)

Obviously not.

jimbobjarree
04-03-2009, 02:50 PM
signing AK47 to a max :pity:

JordansBulls
04-03-2009, 03:05 PM
which? kobe or pargo?
kobe- maybe could've gotten us a championship

pargo- ehh he shouldn't be there but I'd love him taking devin brown spot at sg bench

There was no telling how long it would have taken for him to be good.

LARaider25
04-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Lakers trading G Eddie Jones and Elden Campbell for F Glen Rice and J.R. Reid. Only mistake Jerry West has ever made.

charlsdq7
04-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Suns and Knicks

JordansBulls
04-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Suns and Knicks

That doesn't even make any sense. What does that mean?

THE MTL
04-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Isiah Thomas: Traded Ariza, Steve Francis Trade, Eddy Curry trade, Zach Randolph trade, Jerome James signing, Jared Jeffries signing.

However, after looking at the Wolves resume. You guys might have Isiah beat! lol.

And the Suns for HIRING Steve Kerr. Turns a 60-WIN team into a mediocre team. Hires a bad coach who doesnt play to the team's strengths, then fires him, fires D'Antoni, trades for Shaq, trades SO MANY 1st round picks, etc.

mikeo11
04-08-2009, 12:20 PM
the number one move that just me killed a franchise for years is when the warriors picked sam bowie over michael jordan.

this should have been the first thing on everybodies list.warriors passed on the greatest player of all time.

Seventh King
04-08-2009, 12:27 PM

Lots of Bulls fans seem to forget that though. I gotta go with Krause trading Brand .. .still makes me mad to this day.

Dieselpi
04-08-2009, 12:29 PM
if we are talking a single move, not much in the game is worse than the knicks trading ewing and taking back all those terrible contracts.... rather than just letting him play out the contract

td0tsfinest
04-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Bucks trading away dirk

1goldenrican1
04-08-2009, 12:44 PM
if we are talking a single move, not much in the game is worse than the knicks trading ewing and taking back all those terrible contracts.... rather than just letting him play out the contract

Correct. There are only three people here to agree with that after what I posted.

EastCoastBaller
04-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Timberwolves

I'm not saying K. Love is bad. But what about O.J. Mayo for K. Love

pd7631
04-08-2009, 01:03 PM
the number one move that just me killed a franchise for years is when the warriors picked sam bowie over michael jordan.

this should have been the first thing on everybodies list.warriors passed on the greatest player of all time.

this shouldn't be on anyone's list because it didn't happen

what54!?
04-08-2009, 01:07 PM
The wolves drafting ray allen then trading him for marbury.

Then signing Joe Smith before the free agent siginging period costing them 1st round draft picks for years. If Kg and ray allen played together in their primes then with some help they could have caused some damage. Then again mchale probably would have still ruined it.

rapsfan11
04-08-2009, 01:18 PM
I think the raptors were pretty bad!! We'll Do the recent history!!

1) Hiring Babcock as GM
2) Trading VC to the same conference for nobody and weak draft pics
3) Signing Rafer to a big contract
4) Drafting Raphael Arujuo
5) Drafting Joey Graham over Danny Granger
6) Signing Fred Jones then trading him for juan dixon, then trading juan dixon for Primoz Brezec
7) Trading Charlie V for Tj ford, then trading Ford for Jermaine O'neal, then O'neal for marion who's contract expires this yr.. (young for older to older to older)
8) Drafting Bargs who is a 4 when we had a 4 in Bosh, when they needed a wing ( rudy gay, Broy)

Also Atlanta
for drafting Sheldon Williams
passing on Dwill and CP3

the1danimal
04-08-2009, 01:28 PM
(first roung pick) tyson chandler for elton brand...

this was the trade that allowed for tyson chandler, eddy curry years in chicago...

WSU Tony
04-08-2009, 01:41 PM
The Wolves signed Joe Smith to an "illegal" contract and lost like 2-3 first round picks. You could argue we never got a championship due to lack of support for KG because of it. You could also argue we are suffering today because of that shameful move.

It sucks.

JayAllDay
04-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Everything Scott Layden did for the Knicks pretty much set them up for long time futility.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-08-2009, 02:43 PM

this was the trade that allowed for tyson chandler, eddy curry years in chicago...

ahhh the good old days.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-08-2009, 03:39 PM
The Knicks hiring of Isiah Thomas.

junion
04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
the clippers doing ______ (fill in the blank with pretty much anything)

JordansBulls
04-08-2009, 04:52 PM

The 2 years Elton Brand were here we went 15-67 and 17-65

abe_froman
04-08-2009, 04:56 PM
The 2 years Elton Brand were here we went 15-67 and 17-65

and who else exactly was on the team,not to mention coaching.a good player can do alot but your not going to be a winner no matter how great you are unless you have a team and coach

look at durant,just 20 wins? maybe they should trade him

BBadger1989
04-08-2009, 05:48 PM
The Joe Smith incident is but far the worst screw up. The Kareem Abdul-Jabbar trade by the Bucks is pretty bad as well...

Soto>Norris
04-08-2009, 06:15 PM

trust me dude...coming from a bulls fan, id be glad if you kept him. the bulls signing him to an extension was 10X worse than the suns trading him in the first place...

JordansBulls
04-09-2009, 12:02 AM
and who else exactly was on the team,not to mention coaching.a good player can do alot but your not going to be a winner no matter how great you are unless you have a team and coach

look at durant,just 20 wins? maybe they should trade him

Ron Artest, Brad Miller

CP3 The Great
04-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Derek makes good points for his bobcats who knew they could've had brandon roye or chris paul together they would make the best tandem easily though this year the iverson billups trade has made detroit a horrible team and denver well just look at them.

JordansBulls
04-23-2009, 01:25 AM
Signing Luol Deng to his contract of nearly $12 million for 6 years is going to hurt us.

NYMetros
04-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Elton Brand pretty much crippled 3 franchises if you think about.
1. The Sixers - he destroyed our cap through 2025. :bang:
2. The Clippers - he tricked them into signing Baron Davis, and then once he signed with Philly, LA was so pissed that they felt like they had to make some big moves. So they went after Marcus Camby, Ricky Davis, and Zack Randolph. That worked out real well for them.
3. The Warriors - Because Baron went to the Clippers, the Warriors went out and signed Corey Maggette to a 60 million contract for no reason at all along with Ronny Turiaf.

WAY TO GO ELTON!!!

DenButsu
04-23-2009, 01:46 AM
Signing Luol Deng to his contract of nearly $12 million for 6 years is going to hurt us.

Contractually speaking, he's the Bulls' new K-Mart. He'll make his contribution, but not at the value he's getting paid, and he'll be virtually untradeable.

Red222
04-23-2009, 01:59 AM
Elton Brand pretty much crippled 3 franchises if you think about.
1. The Sixers - he destroyed our cap through 2025. :bang:
2. The Clippers - he tricked them into signing Baron Davis, and then once he signed with Philly, LA was so pissed that they felt like they had to make some big moves. So they went after Marcus Camby, Ricky Davis, and Zack Randolph. That worked out real well for them.
3. The Warriors - Because Baron went to the Clippers, the Warriors went out and signed Corey Maggette to a 60 million contract for no reason at all along with Ronny Turiaf.

WAY TO GO ELTON!!!

4. The Bulls