PDA

View Full Version : Porcello and Perry Make Opening Day Roster

Lionsforlife
04-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Here's the article confirming the moves from mlive.com:

P and P make roster, Robertson to bullpen (http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2009/04/tigers_rick_porcello_ryan_perr.html)

I love these moves. Granted, we don't have a lefty in the rotation now, but there is alot of youth and promise in a Verlander, Jackson, Galaragga, Porcello, Miner rotation. Obviously, Bonderman will be added for Miner when healthy.

I think having Robertson in the BP will help and if he gets things going, he may move back into the rotation, or maybe just a spot sparter which I'm fine with.

I'm also glad to see Rincon make the bullpen as well as Perry. I think Rincon has looked great and should have his "groove back" just like Stella. Sorry for the lame movie reference. Anyway, Perry will probably be slated for 7th inning duty ala Zumaya in 2006, but who knows, may turn into our closer already if he's lights out.

The only person I'm unsure of is Bonine, but supposedly he's looked good in relief, so I'm willing to try him. Hopefully if Zumaya comes back, Bonine will be the one sent down.

These moves really make me excited for the season. I feel they are moving in the right direction. Larish should now make the team and I also heard we are looking to trade Raburn for another pitcher. Here's hoping.

Lionpride87
04-01-2009, 12:23 PM
I just hope this isn't too early in his career to bring Porcello up. But hopefully Porcello and Perry can be the Verlander and Zumaya of '06. Our pitching staff has the potential to be better this year.

Rodney Stuckey
04-01-2009, 02:41 PM
WooT

JMDTM
04-01-2009, 06:01 PM
I don't want to think of perry as zumaya. Just giving you crap
But you know what I mean. Anyways, I love this, and hope
For the best. Who could we get for raburn though?

Lionpride87
04-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah I don't mean Zumaya now lol. But in regards to Raburn, we might be getting a pitching prospect from StL. Here's the article
http://www.freep.com/article/20090401/SPORTS02/90401021/1048
We were about to get Brian Stokes from the Mets in exchange for Raburn but that deal fell apart.

Bondomania
04-01-2009, 07:56 PM
yeah, it would probably be a relief prospect or something.. not much though