PDA

View Full Version : [Orlando Sentinel] Rafer Alston's New and Improved Jump Shot

fredv
04-01-2009, 05:19 AM
Orlando Sentinel

April 1, 2009

Rafer Alston Corrects Flawed Shooting Technique

(Orlando) Stan Van Gundy says that AND1 legend, Rafer "Skip to My Lou" Alston, has finally managed to eliminate the funky right-to-left-and-back-to-the-right curling motion in his shooting technique. Film sessions and hours of extra work on the court with a shooting coach allowed Rafer to identify and fix the flaw that has hampered his offensive efficiency since entering the league.

"We project Rafer will be starting over Jameer next season since fixing his jump shot," said Ron Jeremy. "He'll very likely shoot near 50% from the field. He's also improved his teardrop through extra work with our coaching staff."

Rafer Alston says he's always had a good jump shot but that with the improved technique, he expects to become an All-Star in 2009-10. "I-I-I played a differerent role... a different role... in Houston. Every-everything ran through Yao. In Orlando, I have to take on a big-bigger role in the offense since Dwight can't do anything other than du-dunk the ball."

When informed of the news, Jeff Van Gundy said, "You've got to be kidding me. We're talking about a guy that has shot below the Mendoza Line of basketball for his career. I'll be shocked if he shoots over 40%. I know I showed a lot of allegiance to Rafer when I was coaching in Houston but let's be serious for a minute. My brother needs to get off his meds."

Notes: Rafer Alston is a career 38.5% shooter from the field. He is well known for doing cool but aimless spin moves with the ball on the perimeter then backing it out and passing it to Tracy McGrady.

John Weisbrod

ORLANDO SENTINEL - Skip to My Lou Can Shoot Too (http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040307/pun5.jpg)

:D

rapjuicer06
04-01-2009, 11:54 AM
funny

EX-TREME
04-01-2009, 12:09 PM
:laugh:

_Sn1P3r_
04-01-2009, 06:02 PM
LMAO, nice. I actually thought he was gonna start over Jameer next season. :pity:

Sandman
04-01-2009, 08:08 PM
LMAO, nice. I actually thought he was gonna start over Jameer next season. :pity:
I spent 30 seconds staring at that line in the story before I slapped my forehead. :cry::clap:

_Sn1P3r_
04-01-2009, 10:37 PM
I spent 30 seconds staring at that line in the story before I slapped my forehead. :cry::clap:

Haha I know. It seemed pretty real. :P

rapjuicer06
04-02-2009, 12:21 AM
if you guys look really really hard you can see gullible on your ceiling.

EX-TREME
04-02-2009, 09:07 AM
i hate his form. it' s ugly