PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Double-Double?

Breatnach
04-01-2009, 04:33 AM
I was browsing the box scores as I do every morning and I couldn't help notice Greg Oden had an impressive stat line for playing only 11:17 minutes

12 Pts / 8 Boards / 2 Blocks (and 4 fouls)

Now I know this is all very theoretical and not at all realistic but if you assume he continued this pace for 40 minutes, (without fouling out!)

he would have had

42 Pts / 28 Boards / 7 Blocks :speechless:

So my question is: Do you remember a game where a player played a comparatively short amount of time, but put up an even better stat line? What is the shortest time any player has needed to record a double-double?

(I realize Oden is a popular subject on these boards, but I was hoping this discussion wouldn't be about him, how much he sucks / doesn't suck, whether he used to put his genitalia in other peoples faces or not, or weird pictures of him in High School :D)

GoatMilk
04-01-2009, 05:49 AM
Dwight Howard gets 1st quarter double doubles every once in a while
i think he has 4 or 5 this season

Big Quett
04-01-2009, 06:40 AM
I was browsing the box scores as I do every morning and I couldn't help notice Greg Oden had an impressive stat line for playing only 11:17 minutes

12 Pts / 8 Boards / 2 Blocks (and 4 fouls)

Now I know this is all very theoretical and not at all realistic but if you assume he continued this pace for 40 minutes, (without fouling out!)

he would have had

42 Pts / 28 Boards / 7 Blocks :speechless:

So my question is: Do you remember a game where a player played a comparatively short amount of time, but put up an even better stat line? What is the shortest time any player has needed to record a double-double?

(I realize Oden is a popular subject on these boards, but I was hoping this discussion wouldn't be about him, how much he sucks / doesn't suck, whether he used to put his genitalia in other peoples faces or not, or weird pictures of him in High School :D)

That is nice production. But you do realize that he probably only played 11 mins because he had 4 freakin fouls in only 11 mins. I like how u just put that those 4 fouls in parenthesis like it was an afterthought.

He leads the league in fouls per game. And he only plays 22 mins a game. I mean he will be productive if he could just learn how to stay out of foul trouble.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbafouls&qual=true&sort=fouls&league=nba&split=0&season=2009&seasontype=2&avg=pg&pos=all

Breatnach
04-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Well no, I know Oden has foul trouble and he most likely would foul out every game if he played 30+ mins. But if he learned to stay out of trouble, could / would he be just as effective as his stats suggest?

Does anyone have a boxscore of someone getting a first quarter double-double? Surely you'd end up with 30+ rebounds unless you were sat for the entire second half...? I don't recall anyone ever getting 30+ in the past... dunno 5 years I have been actively following this game.

What about a Pts / Assist double-double? They are arguably harder to achieve, as it does not only depend on you to be in good shape (for scoring) but also your mates to make sure they score on your dime.

DrDEADalready
04-01-2009, 10:04 AM
yeah Dwight howard. gets a double double in the first quarter.

JermanJaysFan
04-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Not a double double, but Steve Blake had 14 first quarter assists like a month ago.

EX-TREME
04-01-2009, 12:41 PM
dwight

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Kevin Garnett had 17/11/4 at the end of the first quarter against Phx in 2004.

theuuord
04-01-2009, 02:11 PM
here's one:
EDIT: linked wrong site. either way he had 12/10 after the first quarter against the Celtics.

theuuord
04-01-2009, 02:13 PM
according to
http://www.sportsya.com/english/news.php/The_Orlando_Magic_beat_Utah_Jazz_105-87_on_Sunday_night_at_the_NBA.html?id=202569&id_estruc=340

Howard had 12 points and 11 rebounds in the first quarter, the third time this season he has had a double-double assured in the first 12 minutes. Howard has 52 double-double games this season (second most in the league).

I'm pretty sure this was before the Celtic-Magic game, so that makes four...

GregOden#1
04-01-2009, 02:30 PM
That is nice production. But you do realize that he probably only played 11 mins because he had 4 freakin fouls in only 11 mins. I like how u just put that those 4 fouls in parenthesis like it was an afterthought.

He leads the league in fouls per game. And he only plays 22 mins a game. I mean he will be productive if he could just learn how to stay out of foul trouble.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbafouls&qual=true&sort=fouls&league=nba&split=0&season=2009&seasontype=2&avg=pg&pos=all

Not one of the fouls call on him were legit. That game was one of the worst I've ever seen officiating wise, from both sides. Millsap got ridiculous calls on him, then Oden gets a ridiculous call on the other end. Okur and Boozer nearly throw Oden to the floor with no call, then Millsap hooks Oden and Oden gets called for a foul. It was ********.

Kabowdos
04-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Wilt Chamberlain had 20/15 in the first quarter in his third season against New York!

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Garnett did it a bunch of times during his 4 year reign at rebound champ

_Sn1P3r_
04-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Howard comes to head.