PDA

View Full Version : Dajuan Summers declares for NBA draft

pd7631
04-01-2009, 12:46 AM
On the heels of its most disappointing season since the arrival of Coach John Thompson III, Georgetown has lost leading scorer DaJuan Summers, who plans to skip his senior season and declare for the NBA draft.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/30/AR2009033002510.html

I gotta say, as a huge Georgetown fan, I'm very disappointed to hear this news, especially after he said that he was going to return for his Senior season. Coming into this past season I didn't expect too much out of my Hoyas after losing many of their key players(Jonathan Wallace, Roy Hibbert, Patrick Ewing J.R.) and having to rely on 2 sophomores and a freshmen....but I was definitely banking on next season being a big one for G'Town. But now that Dajaun is gone I don't know what to think. I was already gearing up to write Georgetown in as my National Champion in my bracket for next year...looks like I may have to change things now.

sdweston757
04-01-2009, 01:22 AM
i wasnt ready to write Georgetown in as my National Champion for next with or without summers but this sure is a big blow

pd7631
04-01-2009, 12:32 PM
i wasnt ready to write Georgetown in as my National Champion for next with or without summers but this sure is a big blow

well it would've been totally biased for me to put in G'Town as my national champion, but I did it two years ago and I won my bracket. Had Summers stayed in school I would've expected a pre-season top 10 ranking and at least a 2 seed in the tournament.....assuming that JT3 could get all that talent to come together the way they should've this year.

Even without Summers they still should make the tournament next year, and hopefully they can still get a high seed....but my expectations are drastically lower for next year now.