PDA

View Full Version : Lebron james

Sorin564
03-31-2009, 11:37 PM
I watched the Pistons Celtics game tonight and i noticed that when lebron drives in, foul or not, he always gets the call. One of the fouls you can actually say was a foul, but the rest were B.S. Detroit should have won that game but the 3 and 1s that Lebron made were B.S.

still1ballin
03-31-2009, 11:38 PM
You're telling something we already know. Along with LeBron James, Wade get any calls he likes.

JLynn943
03-31-2009, 11:39 PM
that's what happens when you're that big of a star. you get get all the fouls you want and can travel at will

69centers
03-31-2009, 11:42 PM
... and get lane violations on missed free throws ...

tjlipford
03-31-2009, 11:52 PM
You are right, but that goes for all the top players. Also, you don't see enough of the Cavs games to say that because he does not get all the calls he deserves. A regular foul on him is not the same as a regular foul on Kobe or Wade. He absorbs the contact to the effect that it does not even look as though he is fouled because he is so strong. In order for him to get a call most of the time he has to get killed and that's what has been happening lately. People have been trying to take his head off. I admit though he is a bit of a drama queen.

EHL
03-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Lebron rarely gets BS calls. The guy is so strong and fast. And he actually drives to the hoop. So yeah, those calls are reasonable.

Ragun
03-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Lebron rarely gets BS calls. The guy is so strong and fast. And he actually drives to the hoop. So yeah, those calls are reasonable.

exactly.

Duncan = Donkey
03-31-2009, 11:56 PM
You're telling something we already know. Along with LeBron James, Wade get any calls he likes.

as does Kobe Bryant

GregOden#1
03-31-2009, 11:56 PM
I love when Laker fans complain about the refs.

ARMIN12NBA
03-31-2009, 11:57 PM

If by rarely, you mean multiple times a game. He practically gets away with murder on defense on his home floor and gets any call he wants to on offense. If he gets to the Finals, I am expecting a 20 FTA per game situation.

Master Mind
03-31-2009, 11:58 PM

I could have sworn the title of the thread says Lebron James...

EHL
04-01-2009, 12:00 AM
If by rarely, you mean multiple times a game. He practically gets away with murder on defense on his home floor and gets any call he wants to on offense. If he gets to the Finals, I am expecting a 20 FTA per game situation.

Wade gets a lot of BS calls. Im not even a fan of Lebron per se, but watching him, it seems like, if anything, he doesnt get as much calls as he should.

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Wade gets a lot of BS calls. Im not even a fan of Lebron per se, but watching him, it seems like, if anything, he doesnt get as much calls as he should.

:laugh:

Master Mind
04-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Wow, Laker fans don't like D-Wade...

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2009, 12:04 AM

The thread is about Lebron, not Wade.

Master Mind
04-01-2009, 12:08 AM
The thread is about Lebron, not Wade.

Never said it wasn't...It's the Laker fans who brings up Wade....:eyebrow:

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Never said it wasn't...It's the Laker fans who brings up Wade....:eyebrow:

Only one Laker fan brought up Wade. The other "Laker" fan is actually a Cavs/Lebron fan disguising as a Lakers fan.

GspLAL
04-01-2009, 12:13 AM
as does Kobe Bryant

as much as Kobe? not even close.

cmstophe
04-01-2009, 12:18 AM

THIS

if anything he doesnt get calls enough. The Cavs have lost a few games over the last couple of years because Lebron drove to the hoop at the end, was fouled, but it wasn't called either because the game clock was winding down or, more likely, because a normal foul on lebron isn't always called...some refs think because of his size, he needs to get hit harder for it to be called.

tjlipford
04-01-2009, 12:25 AM
THIS

if anything he doesnt get calls enough. The Cavs have lost a few games over the last couple of years because Lebron drove to the hoop at the end, was fouled, but it wasn't called either because the game clock was winding down or, more likely, because a normal foul on lebron isn't always called...some refs think because of his size, he needs to get hit harder for it to be called.
Pretty much

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2009, 12:28 AM
THIS

Not really. Quite the opposite. He gets most of the calls in his favor.

Chronz
04-01-2009, 01:04 AM

Only not really, its quite the opposite, he doesnt get most of the calls in his favor. :p

EHL
04-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Only not really, its quite the opposite, he doesnt get most of the calls in his favor. :p

True. Just like Shaq when he was a Laker. I can tell y'all that Shaq was fouled 80% of the time but the refs wont call each and everyone of it, otherwise he would average 15-20FT's a game (not like it matters, he cant hit 60% of them anyway :D ) But this is the case with Bron. He's physical, quick and attacks the basket like no other and he only averaged what, 10-11 FT's a game? Kobe Bryant last year, barely attacks the paint and shoots a lot of jumpers and he averaged abt 10 FTA a game.

tjlipford
04-01-2009, 01:25 AM
True. people who watch Cavs games and lives in Cleveland knows what I'm talking about.

Lakersfan2483
04-01-2009, 01:30 AM
True. Just like Shaq when he was a Laker. I can tell y'all that Shaq was fouled 80% of the time but the refs wont call each and everyone of it, otherwise he would average 15-20FT's a game (not like it matters, he cant hit 60% of them anyway :D ) But this is the case with Bron. He's physical, quick and attacks the basket like no other and he only averaged what, 10-11 FT's a game? Kobe Bryant last year, barely attacks the paint and shoots a lot of jumpers and he averaged abt 10 FTA a game.

Lebron gets to the line plenty of times so you can stop complaining about him not getting any love from the refs. Lebron, Wade and Howard shoot the most free throw attempts in the NBA. I did notice that the NBA allows Lebron to get away with multiple traveling violations.

Lakersfan2483
04-01-2009, 01:34 AM
I watched the Pistons Celtics game tonight and i noticed that when lebron drives in, foul or not, he always gets the call. One of the fouls you can actually say was a foul, but the rest were B.S. Detroit should have won that game but the 3 and 1s that Lebron made were B.S.

Lebron James and Dwayne Wade are the most protected players in the NBA, if you breathe on them it's a foul.

Master Mind
04-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Lebron gets to the line plenty of times so you can stop complaining about him not getting any love from the refs. Lebron, Wade and Howard shoot the most free throw attempts in the NBA. I did notice that the NBA allows Lebron to get away with multiple traveling violations.

I ain't gonna lie, Lebron does travel a lot....

tjlipford
04-01-2009, 01:37 AM
Why are you hating on Lebron? You got too much animosity against him. He goes to the hole and he is a maniac and he has to get fouled because that's the only way he will miss and he doesn't miss half the time. Start watching more games

Lakersfan2483
04-01-2009, 01:38 AM

Agreed. I just saw the highlight on Sportscenter, he clearly traveled on that break away, but the ref turned a blind eye to it and called a foul in his favor. If anyone watches the replay, he traveled right in front of the ref.

EHL
04-01-2009, 01:42 AM

Lebron drives to the basket than any NBA player, of course he's going to get into the line much frequently.

Its not rocket science.

If only Kobe does the same thing.

EHL
04-01-2009, 01:44 AM
People who complaina about Lebron going to the line a whole lot more than Kobe are people who dont watch Cavs basketball.

I watch every Lakers game so people should stop comparing Kobe's FTA to Lebron.

True story...

Lakersfan2483
04-01-2009, 01:46 AM
Lebron drives to the basket than any NBA player, of course he's going to get into the line much frequently.

Its not rocket science.

If only Kobe does the same thing.

He still gets the benefit of plenty of gift whistles every game.

Lakersfan2483
04-01-2009, 01:48 AM
People who complaina about Lebron going to the line a whole lot more than Kobe are people who dont watch Cavs basketball.

I watch every Lakers game so people should stop comparing Kobe's FTA to Lebron.

True story...

I watch the Cavs all of the time and I watch the Lakers all the time, so I don't know what you are implying? Lebron James is the most protected player in the NBA. He's the leagues golden boy so he's going to get away with more that's just how it is......

tjlipford
04-01-2009, 01:48 AM
I think Kobe should go to the line more as well. He gets ********* up every game too.

Lakersfan2483
04-01-2009, 01:51 AM
I think Kobe should go to the line more as well. He gets ********* up every game too.

Agreed.

LeBrowns
04-01-2009, 02:00 AM
lol. this is what happens when people base their judgement off one game and not an entire season. Lebron is so big and so strong that he could easily get a call most every time he drives the lane. Unless he gets absolutely wacked or there is an obvious deference created on his shot as a result of contact, he has not been getting that many calls this season as people tend to whine about.

tjlipford
04-01-2009, 02:03 AM
lol. this is what happens when people base their judgement off one game and not an entire season. Lebron is so big and so strong that he could easily get a call most every time he drives the lane. Unless he gets absolutely wacked or there is an obvious deference created on his shot as a result of contact, he has not been getting that many calls this season as people tend to whine about.
You are 100% right.

LeBrowns
04-01-2009, 02:04 AM

Like the 2007 playoffs against Detroit where Richard Hamilton obviously fouled him in the closing seconds resulting in a miss and a Cavs loss....or the Finals of the same year when Bruce Bowen intentionally fouled him behind the arc in the closing seconds of the game and nothing was called? Those were two games on the biggest stages, don't act like the NBA is on his nuts too much.

cmstophe
04-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Agreed. I just saw the highlight on Sportscenter, he clearly traveled on that break away, but the ref turned a blind eye to it and called a foul in his favor. If anyone watches the replay, he traveled right in front of the ref.

He travels like every other player in the NBA. There are at least 50-60 travels during any given NBA game because refs dont call it.

This is about fouls. And the Cavs have literally lost games because last minute drives Lebron gets hammered and no foul is called, so quit *****ing.

Every time the Cavs win a game people run to their computers and post topics about how their win is "tainted". Get lives, people.

Jahari Kavi
04-01-2009, 04:02 PM
You're telling something we already know. Along with LeBron James, Wade, Kobe, and any other superstar get any calls he likes.

fixed

DerekRE_3
04-01-2009, 04:15 PM
I love when Laker fans complain about the refs.

It is pretty fun.

snoop2327
04-01-2009, 04:16 PM

and kobe doesnt...thats why i hate kobe fans there all the same *** holes

still1ballin
04-01-2009, 04:19 PM
fixed

Oh really? Go check Kobe last 15 games. In those 15 games only 4 times has he had 10FTA.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_bryant/game_by_game_stats.html

Now compare Wade and Lebrons to Kobe and do the math.

UK Bull
04-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Heres a new website called lebron james is really really good. its about why they think he is mvp. I saw this post on LBJ so i though id post it here rather than opening a new thread:
http://www.lebronisreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallygo od.com/

lol

still1ballin
04-01-2009, 04:20 PM
and kobe doesnt...thats why i hate kobe fans there all the same *** holes

Compare the last 15 games of Wade, LeBron, and Kobe in FTA's and do the math so you can see.

The Ooh Child
04-01-2009, 04:38 PM
You mean to tell me a star is getting preferential treatment from the refs. That is completely unheard of in the NBA

Kohaku
04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
^ april fools.

Chronz
04-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Compare the last 15 games of Wade, LeBron, and Kobe in FTA's and do the math so you can see.

Why only 15 games? Selective bias???

still1ballin
04-01-2009, 07:01 PM

Go ahead and look at the whole season if you want and compare all three if that makes you happy.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 07:07 PM
right, and when Kobe does his upfake from 17, and his guy goes straight up in the air, and Kobe flails into him, Kobe is going to the line for 2. Sorry. Superstars get calls. A fan of one superstar jumping another is calling the kettle black

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Oh really? Go check Kobe last 15 games. In those 15 games only 4 times has he had 10FTA.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_bryant/game_by_game_stats.html

Now compare Wade and Lebrons to Kobe and do the math.

LeBron and Wade drive way more than Kobe. Hence, they get to the line more. Kind of simple, isn't it?

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2009, 07:54 PM

LOL. Chronz, are you just saying this to disagree with me? :D Anyways, anybody in their right mind knows Lebron has most of the refs at the palm of his hands.

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2009, 07:56 PM

Kobe isn't even in the top 5 with most 10+ FTA games. Fact (according to Clippers Live).

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2009, 07:58 PM
LeBron and Wade drive way more than Kobe. Hence, they get to the line more. Kind of simple, isn't it?

Not that simple. Watch Laker games more. Kobe gets continually hacked when he gets to the paint. It has even been suggested (quite a bit) that Kobe's reluctance to drive throughout some games stems from getting hacked early and often without a foul call. The dude gets drubbed! You don't even realize this. Not to mention the amount of times he gets hand-checked a game. It is beyond belief the amount of non-calls.

prodigy
04-01-2009, 08:03 PM

Nope your wrong they were fouls, most of them were on purpose. They tried to wrap him up. failed. But where were you this season when lebron would get face planted and officals would call nothing? let me guess laker, boston or piston fan right? nice try but no.

Lakersfan2483
04-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Not that simple. Watch Laker games more. Kobe gets continually hacked when he gets to the paint. It has even been suggested (quite a bit) that Kobe's reluctance to drive throughout some games stems from getting hacked early and often without a foul call. The dude gets drubbed! You don't even realize this. Not to mention the amount of times he gets hand-checked a game. It is beyond belief the amount of non-calls.

He doesn't get the same calls that most "superstars" get, I have been watching the NBA for a long time and it's frustrating to watch him continually be officiated differently. He gets hacked quite a bit and there is no call. Also, it supposed to be no hand checking, but defenders are allowed to play him like that. I don't have a problem with guys defending him like that, but when he tries to defend like that, he's whistled for being overly-aggressive.

It's easy for non-lakers fans to say he's being officitated the same way, but if you aren't watching every game or most games, you won't see the same things that others see that watch the games all the time.

*Shaq was another guy that never has really been officiated properly, he used to get hammered and there was no call, guys were allowed to play him differently because of his size and overwhelming abilities.

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2009, 08:11 PM
He doesn't get the same calls that most "superstars" get, I have been watching the NBA for a long time and it's frustrating to watch him continually be officiated differently. He gets hacked quite a bit and there is no call. Also, it supposed to be no hand checking, but defenders are allowed to play him like that. I don't have a problem with guys defending him like that, but when he tries to defend like that, he's whistled for being overly-aggressive.

It's easy for non-lakers fans to say he's being officitated the same way, but if you aren't watching every game or most games, you won't see the same things that others see that watch the games all the time.

*Shaq was another guy that never has really been officiated properly, he used to get hammered and there was no call, guys were allowed to play him differently because of his size and overwhelming abilities.

Yah. That is especially annoying. Kobe tries to get back at the opponent with some tough defense and he gets immediately called for a foul. The opponent does the same thing on the other end and there is no call.

Sly Guy
04-01-2009, 08:19 PM

LeBron plays for which? The pistons or the celtics?

Yanks All Day
04-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Lets be real now. All stars get the calls. Watch most breakaway dunks. Think there's only 2 or 3 steps? No. The refs wanna see amazing plays too. As for LeBron's "cheap" foul calls, if you watch his games then you would see that for every cheap call he gets the refs probably miss about 2 or 3 calls that easily could have sent him to the line. It really evens out in the end. The kid is 6'9 275 lbs. If he drives, there is no one in the league that can make a clean play on him. He gets hacked every play, as does D-Wade, Kobe, Dwight, etc. The refs can't possibly make all the calls, but they have to make some at least. If they made all the calls then Cavs games would last 4 to 5 hours because LeBron would just be standing on the stripe all night.

Cavs_Fan24
04-01-2009, 08:29 PM
I know it can be unfair and even I can say that he doesn't get fouled about 60% of the time, but when your a superstar your going to get the superstar calls,... it's just the way it is.

G-Funk
04-01-2009, 08:39 PM

Actually I like Wade Some of u other fans need to stop blaming all Lakersfans as a whole.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 08:43 PM

I am TOTALLY down with them not calling the no hand check rule (ie, the wuss rule), so that won't even work, sorry. And no, it is that easy man. If you put you're head down and drive, you will get the call as a superstar. Period. Simple as adding 1 plus 1. I watch the Lakers. Simply so I know what I am talking about on these boards. Kobe gets calls. Lots of them. Not only that, but I don't ever want to hear again that you are not a Laker fan. You constantly defend Kobe on these boards, while attacking all other superstars. Yes, players in the NBA do live on reputation. So when Wade or LeBron put their heads down, and attack rim, and force the ref to blow the whistle, they are going to the line. Man the F up Kobe if you want more calls. Quit shooting fadeaways. You shouldn't get foul calls while you are dribbling 20 feet from the rim. That is bush league.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 08:47 PM
does LeBron do the move where he upfakes from 18' then just throws himself into the defender who is jumping straight in the air? Oh no wait, that is Kobe. Everyone has their techniques

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2009, 09:36 PM
I am TOTALLY down with them not calling the no hand check rule (ie, the wuss rule), so that won't even work, sorry. And no, it is that easy man. If you put you're head down and drive, you will get the call as a superstar. Period. Simple as adding 1 plus 1. I watch the Lakers. Simply so I know what I am talking about on these boards. Kobe gets calls. Lots of them. Not only that, but I don't ever want to hear again that you are not a Laker fan. You constantly defend Kobe on these boards, while attacking all other superstars. Yes, players in the NBA do live on reputation. So when Wade or LeBron put their heads down, and attack rim, and force the ref to blow the whistle, they are going to the line. Man the F up Kobe if you want more calls. Quit shooting fadeaways. You shouldn't get foul calls while you are dribbling 20 feet from the rim. That is bush league.

I am totally down with it too...if it is called consistently on both ends. Literally, there was a sequence of three plays in a row when Kobe was called on fouls for hand-checks against Raja Bell and on the other end, Raja was hand-checking him the entire time with no call. Consistency. Oh wait, let me guess, you are down with inconsistency too?

Kobe drives to the basket as well. Not as much as the other two, but he plays in the post as well. They do not. He doesn't get fouls called there at all.

I never said I wasn't a Laker fan. I may be a Laker fan, but I see a foul when I see one.

Are you a stupid human being? Apparently, according to your twisted mind, fouling is A-OK if it is outside 15 feet. Give me a ****ing break. You have obviously never played basketball in your entire life. You have no idea about how easily it is to get fouled and be disrupted on the perimeter. Trust me. I have experienced a lot of crap and dirty play myself.

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2009, 09:38 PM
does LeBron do the move where he upfakes from 18' then just throws himself into the defender who is jumping straight in the air? Oh no wait, that is Kobe. Everyone has their techniques

Lebron has done that actually. Wade does that as well. Actually, Kobe hasn't done that in a long while surprisingly.

Also, there is nothing wrong with that play. It's a legitimate foul that the offender is drawing. It's elementary school fundamentals that we teach, never bite on those up-fakes and to always go straight up...not up and in. It's the defenders fault for going in, Hawkeye.

BTW--This thread is about favoring officials. Not techniques.

lorenz00
04-01-2009, 09:46 PM
this is so old but still true!

CaptainCool79
04-01-2009, 09:46 PM
You can always tell when these stupid threads start because theyre started by a ****** with like 7 posts...:pity:

mrmike101
04-01-2009, 09:53 PM

He also elbows hard working players like walter herman in the face and gets no call...:cry:

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I am totally down with it too...if it is called consistently on both ends. Literally, there was a sequence of three plays in a row when Kobe was called on fouls for hand-checks against Raja Bell and on the other end, Raja was hand-checking him the entire time with no call. Consistency. Oh wait, let me guess, you are down with inconsistency too?

Kobe drives to the basket as well. Not as much as the other two, but he plays in the post as well. They do not. He doesn't get fouls called there at all.

I never said I wasn't a Laker fan. I may be a Laker fan, but I see a foul when I see one.

Are you a stupid human being? Apparently, according to your twisted mind, fouling is A-OK if it is outside 15 feet. Give me a ****ing break. You have obviously never played basketball in your entire life. You have no idea about how easily it is to get fouled and be disrupted on the perimeter. Trust me. I have experienced a lot of crap and dirty play myself.

Am I stupid? nah. I have played basketball at every level short of pro. So been there dude. Fouling is creating a physical advantage over another. THat is actually the definition of it. Just cause you coach doesn't mean you can do. In fact, the saying goes, "those who can't do, teach"

But thanks for keeping it civil. Nice job.

I played division I on scholarship. My brother as well. My father was in the NBA. So yes, I have been around basketball and played a couple of games. This is not meant to start an argument with anyone, simply answering prime time's accusation here.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Lebron has done that actually. Wade does that as well. Actually, Kobe hasn't done that in a long while surprisingly.

Also, there is nothing wrong with that play. It's a legitimate foul that the offender is drawing. It's elementary school fundamentals that we teach, never bite on those up-fakes and to always go straight up...not up and in. It's the defenders fault for going in, Hawkeye.

BTW--This thread is about favoring officials. Not techniques.

Whomever initiates the contact is guilty of the foul. If a defender goes straight up, and the offensive player jumps into him/her, it is an offensive foul. Unless you are a superstar NBA player. I am not saying LeBron, Wade, etc don't do it. I am just saying, Laker fans calling the refs out is ********. Kobe gets as many calls as anyone.

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Am I stupid? nah. I have played basketball at every level short of pro. So been there dude. Fouling is creating a physical advantage over another. THat is actually the definition of it. Just cause you coach doesn't mean you can do. In fact, the saying goes, "those who can't do, teach"

But thanks for keeping it civil. Nice job.

I played division I on scholarship. My brother as well. My father was in the NBA. So yes, I have been around basketball and played a couple of games. This is not meant to start an argument with anyone, simply answering prime time's accusation here.

I HIGHLY doubt you played. I mean, how can you seriously think that a foul can't be on the outside. PLENTY of times the defenders can gain an advantage by preventing a player from driving to the paint or even fouling on a jumpshot. You literally have no idea what you are talking about right now and are very much grasping for straws.

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Whomever initiates the contact is guilty of the foul. If a defender goes straight up, and the offensive player jumps into him/her, it is an offensive foul. Unless you are a superstar NBA player. I am not saying LeBron, Wade, etc don't do it. I am just saying, Laker fans calling the refs out is ********. Kobe gets as many calls as anyone.

Kobe doesn't jump in. The defensive player jumps in instead of going straight up. Like I said, elementary school fundamentals. Don't bite and don't jump in. Kobe gets calls. No doubt. But not nearly as much as other superstars (not even top 5 in most games with 10+ FTA).

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 10:48 PM
I HIGHLY doubt you played. I mean, how can you seriously think that a foul can't be on the outside. PLENTY of times the defenders can gain an advantage by preventing a player from driving to the paint or even fouling on a jumpshot. You literally have no idea what you are talking about right now and are very much grasping for straws.

You can think whatever you like, that doesn't concern me in the least. You questioning my basketball knowledge is comical at best. You are a poor mans John Hollinger. You use stats, and minimal common sense bathed in bias to preach you're opinions on these boards. Look, you weren't a player. Its fine. You seem to understand simple basketball better than many. Cheers. Get over yourself dude. I don't lie. It is a waste of time. I come from basketball. But, I don't come from LA. So I actually understand there are 29 other teams. I know, weird, right? Anyways, I look forward to you're response. I like to laugh

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Kobe doesn't jump in. The defensive player jumps in instead of going straight up. Like I said, elementary school fundamentals. Don't bite and don't jump in. Kobe gets calls. No doubt. But not nearly as much as other superstars (not even top 5 in most games with 10+ FTA).

nah, Kobe initiates the contact. Put the Phil Jackson autobiography down and check the game out. You may learn something to pass on to the little ones. And if Kobe wants calls, he may want to stop *****ing, and stop fading away on everything. Just saying

ARMIN12NBA
04-01-2009, 11:11 PM
You can think whatever you like, that doesn't concern me in the least. You questioning my basketball knowledge is comical at best. You are a poor mans John Hollinger. You use stats, and minimal common sense bathed in bias to preach you're opinions on these boards. Look, you weren't a player. Its fine. You seem to understand simple basketball better than many. Cheers. Get over yourself dude. I don't lie. It is a waste of time. I come from basketball. But, I don't come from LA. So I actually understand there are 29 other teams. I know, weird, right? Anyways, I look forward to you're response. I like to laugh

I don't get why you don't think I played ball. I played for many, many years. :eyebrow:

Poor mans Hollinger? I don't think so. Stats are never the end all, be all for me. They are part of a bigger picture and that's it. I simply watch a LOT of Cavs and Lakers. Although I'm a Laker fan, I know I watch more Cavs than most Cavs fans. I KNOW there are many other teams than the Lakers...which is why I have NBA League Pass and which is why I watch as much of the other teams as I can. Watching Lebron night in and night out, it's a simple fact that he gets more respect than Kobe. It's not bias. Any unbiased human being can see the same thing. Just because I support the Lakers, it doesn't make my ability to reason any less. Lebron gets more calls than Kobe. Much more. He leads the NBA in most games with 10+ FTA. It's a simply fact. Kobe is nowhere near that list. Continue with your BS rhetoric because it isn't going nowhere.

Jacob K.
04-01-2009, 11:13 PM
what about lebron on defence? he fouls guys but doesnt get called. who saw the play were he "blocked j-richs 360 dunk but really just hacked his wrist, making him lose the ball

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 11:19 PM
I don't get why you don't think I played ball. I played for many, many years. :eyebrow:

Poor mans Hollinger? I don't think so. Stats are never the end all, be all for me. They are part of a bigger picture and that's it. I simply watch a LOT of Cavs and Lakers. Although I'm a Laker fan, I know I watch more Cavs than most Cavs fans. I KNOW there are many other teams than the Lakers...which is why I have NBA League Pass and which is why I watch as much of the other teams as I can. Watching Lebron night in and night out, it's a simple fact that he gets more respect than Kobe. It's not bias. Any unbiased human being can see the same thing. Just because I support the Lakers, it doesn't make my ability to reason any less. Lebron gets more calls than Kobe. Much more. He leads the NBA in most games with 10+ FTA. It's a simply fact. Kobe is nowhere near that list. Continue with your BS rhetoric because it isn't going nowhere.

you don't really entertain me, so I will call a truce. And I too wasted money on the league pass, so I watch everyone. You questioned me playing first bro, not the other way around. Remember that. And sorry dude, but you whip stats out the second you get the chance.
You are biased. You are. You just don't know it. LeBron gets more calls because he forces the ref to blow the whistle. I did the same thing when I played. Sometimes it worked out for me, sometimes not. I wasn't an NBA superstar. Kobe shoots a lot of fadeaways, and doesn't initiate contact on the dribble, therefore he won't go to the line as much. Plus, the Lakers offense is not run soley thru Kobe like Wade and LeBron get. They get far more posessions individually. Look back a few years ago. Kobe was a league leader in FTA. He finally has guys around him to take the burden off, so he doesn't force the action like he used to.

Please do not question my knowledge of basketball. I usually respect you on these boards. But you are always the instigator in these exchanges. Stop it. I will happily converse back and forth with you. I did play division 1 on a full ride. So did my brother. My father was in the NBA for 3 seasons. I am not lying about that, nor am I trying to show off. I am simply stating, I have been around basketball forever. I know what I speak of. There are many, many different ways to play and win, I have my perspective, you have you'res. Its cool dude

dee279
04-01-2009, 11:54 PM

So many Wade haters

cmstophe
04-02-2009, 02:39 PM

lol, it actually does :D

Typical Lakers fan, thinks he knows more about another team than their own fans. :clap:

Chronz
04-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Go ahead and look at the whole season if you want and compare all three if that makes you happy.

Alright

FT/a to FG/a ratio
Maggette: .54
Pierce: .40
LeBron: .36
Wade .33
Iggy: .32
Durant: .32
Melo: .31
B.Roy: .31
Kobe: .28
V.C: .25
J.J.: .20

%of Inside Shots
Bron: 37%
Iggy: 36%
Carmelo: 35%
Wade: 34%
Maggette: 34%
B.Roy: 34%
Pierce: 27%
Durant: 27%
VC: 25%
Kobe: 21%
J.J.: 20%

Foul Drawing%
Maggette: 20.0
LeBron: 18.5%
Wade 16.4%
Pierce: 15.9%
Iggy: 15.3%
Carmelo: 13.6%
B.Roy: 13.4%
Durant: 12.8%
Kobe: 11.3%
Vince: 10.1%
J.J: 7.7%

Seems to me that if you want to get to the line, someone should tell Kobe to stop settling for so many jumpers, unless you think the league wants Maggette to be the superstar you'll have to accept the fact that some players are better at getting to the free throw line than others. Bron isnt doing anything extreme, his inside game has always been well above everyones, the fact that Kobe doesnt get to the line as much as him is strictly due to the fact that he doesnt attack as much. You cant have him be a great shooter and a relentless driver, or else he'd be MJ.

Kobe has his strengths (midrange shooting), Bron has his (Inside Driving) and Wade combines the best of both. Its why Bron struggles against teams that dont foul and can prevent dribble penetration, why Kobe is consistent against every team, and why Wade can crush the weak defensive teams AND stay efficient against the great ones.

Chronz
04-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Kobe isn't even in the top 5 with most 10+ FTA games. Fact (according to Clippers Live).
Thats a horrible analysis, Im ashamed that whoever wrote that is a Clippers fan

ARMIN12NBA
04-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Thats a horrible analysis, Im ashamed that whoever wrote that is a Clippers fan

LOL. It was when they played the Nets to describe how good Devin Harris was at drawing fouls. Although Kobe doesn't drive to the rim as much, he gets robbed of many, many calls. No doubt about that. He is probably the most hacked outside as well. Some forget but, because of Kobe's outside shot, he is played very tight on the perimeter. That leads to many fouls by defensive players even on the outside. Sometimes they are called, mostly they aren't. The thing is, is that sometimes they gain such an advantage that Kobe can't drive to the rim in the first place and when he does get there, there is no call.

SMS07
04-02-2009, 11:45 PM

And kobe doesnt? Miss princess bryant has been getting the calls for the last 4 years. Now that kobe is no longer the top of the nba, the refs have to give lebron and wade the respect they gave kobe, cuz well, they both have passed kobe plain and simple.

SMS07
04-02-2009, 11:49 PM

I agree with u man. Armian21 has no idea what she's talking about. Maybe she just can't accept the fact that shes only a "laker" fan cuz of kobe and will do whatever she can do defend kobe

ARMIN12NBA
04-03-2009, 12:00 AM
I agree with u man. Armian21 has no idea what she's talking about. Maybe she just can't accept the fact that shes only a "laker" fan cuz of kobe and will do whatever she can do defend kobe

:eyebrow: You overdid the "she" references right there.

BTW--Laker fan before I even knew who Kobe Bryant was. Silly accusation right there.