PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard Younget to 5,000 Boards

superkegger
03-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Source: Yahoo!Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArS4u54wpFyK.IEU4AnebJe8vLYF?slug=ap-magic-heat&prov=ap&type=lgns)

MIAMI (AP)—On the night Miami retired Alonzo Mourning’s number, Orlando’s big man wrecked the party.

Dwight Howard scored 22 points and grabbed 18 rebounds, passing Wilt Chamberlain as the youngest NBA player to reach the 5,000-board mark, and the Magic kept their grip on the No. 2 spot in the Eastern Conference by beating the Heat 101-95 on Monday night.

It's not like a huge milestone, and coming straight out of highschool helped, but still, when you pass Wilt in some kind of rebounding feat, it's noteworthy.

xabial
03-31-2009, 10:18 PM
He can still get injured if he was a rookie from High school.
He somewhat Got my respect

Kakaroach
03-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Pretty impressive feat, even though he had a couple of years on Wilt. Still, good on ya D12.

RealistRocket34
03-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Very nice achievement by the 2nd best center in the NBA.

NYstateofMinD
04-01-2009, 08:14 AM
^^^Sure. Congrats to Dwight, but he came in out of high school so not too relevant if you ask me.

JordansBulls
04-01-2009, 08:16 AM

You mean the best center in the league.

jimbobjarree
04-01-2009, 09:58 AM
haha

macc
04-01-2009, 10:10 AM

99% of people know that, don't even get realisticrocket going, you won't shut it up about Yao once you get him started.

WSU Tony
04-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Unless the rules change, he'll hold his record..... forever.

DrDEADalready
04-01-2009, 10:35 AM
:clap: :dance: :dance2:

EX-TREME
04-01-2009, 12:38 PM

:pity:

anyway congrats d-12

_Sn1P3r_
04-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Congrats to Dwight, dude is a beast!

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Howard is a beast, the best center in the NBA, and is still only what, 24? Impressive.

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 04:14 PM
No I meant 2nd best. Is there a shame to being inferior to Yao Ming? If there is no shame getting destroyed by Yao Head to head, I wouldn't see how their could be a shame to being inferior to him as a player overall.

99% of people know that, don't even get realisticrocket going, you won't shut it up about Yao once you get him started.
99% of Magic fans you mean? Yao Ming is better, nothing to be ashamed of. You magic fans have to take Howard over Yao, due to your ringless franchise.

macc
04-01-2009, 04:23 PM
No I meant 2nd best. Is there a shame to being inferior to Yao Ming? If there is no shame getting destroyed by Yao Head to head, I wouldn't see how their could be a shame to being inferior to him as a player overall.

99% of Magic fans you mean? Yao Ming is better, nothing to be ashamed of. You magic fans have to take Howard over Yao, due to your ringless franchise.

Whoa, wait a min, how many rings does Yao have? .......cricket, cricket.....ok that's what I thought. Please don't make this another Yao Ming vs D12 thing again, you already have your thread for that which the majority of people picked Dwight. So please run along now. No need to quote me on this.

Congrats to Dwight for that accomplishment by the age of 24. Just looking forward to what other records he will break in his career.

MAC10TIZZY
04-01-2009, 04:25 PM

i feel sorry for this guy. the one and lonely person that actually thinks gen tso's is better than dwight howard....get real

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Whoa, wait a min, how many rings does Yao have? .......cricket, cricket.....ok that's what I thought. Please don't make this another Yao Ming vs D12 thing again, you already have your thread for that which the majority of people picked Dwight. So please run along now. No need to quote me on this.

Congrats to Dwight for that accomplishment by the age of 24. Just looking forward to what other records he will break in his career.
Interesting, Polls decide everything now-a-days.

Hmmm..I guess those polls about Lakers beating the Celtics in the Finals came true...oh wait.

I guess the polls about Mavericks beating the Heat in the finals were true. Oh wait.

See where I am going with this? :rolleyes:

MAC10TIZZY
04-01-2009, 04:27 PM
dwight for president..............he is amazing.......GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 04:36 PM
i feel sorry for this guy. the one and lonely person that actually thinks gen tso's is better than dwight howard....get real
The same gen tso that owns Howard? Listen, Howard is a great player, and elite big man, 2nd best center and a Top 10 player in the NBA. Being inferior to Yao is not an insult to him.

Howard will be ahead of Yao by a mile when both of their careers end, but who am I going to take now? Mr. Yao Ming.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 06:26 PM
The same gen tso that owns Howard? Listen, Howard is a great player, and elite big man, 2nd best center and a Top 10 player in the NBA. Being inferior to Yao is not an insult to him.

Howard will be ahead of Yao by a mile when both of their careers end, but who am I going to take now? Mr. Yao Ming.

I would for sure take the guy who has never sniffed the 2nd round of the playoffs, has 675 less rebounds in 75 more games, plays no defense, has only had 2 seasons with 10+ rebounds, both of which he was hurt too much to qualify in the leaderboard, and has missed 88 career games vs 0 for Howard. Yeah, my bad, Yao is better. Please dude. And head to head matchups is what Deron Williams fans try and use for the argument that he is better than Paul. Not working. Sorry. Shoot, Yao wasn't even considered the best player on his team until this season, cause McGrady grew a mangina.

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Yes, I am sure there is something to be proud about, by beating the 2008 Toronto Raptors.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Yes, I am sure there is something to be proud about, by beating the 2008 Toronto Raptors.

then besides using head to head, since they play each other 2 times a year, and that ISN'T a measure of whose is better, convince me that Yao is a better player.
and nice job choosing one thing to call out. And beating the Raptors is better than losing every single year.

MAC10TIZZY
04-01-2009, 07:34 PM
then besides using head to head, since they play each other 2 times a year, and that ISN'T a measure of whose is better, convince me that Yao is a better player.
and nice job choosing one thing to call out. And beating the Raptors is better than losing every single year.

very very good come back and good points hawkeye.....dwight is the man.......i wonder if there is anybody else in America that agrees with sole fan that thinks yao is better than dwight.......not a chance.....GO MAGIC!!!!!!

Goon.Weezy
04-01-2009, 07:40 PM

I am sure the Rockets are proud about beating........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................
OH WAIT THEY CAN'T EVEN MAKE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND... HAHAHAH

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 07:41 PM
I guess I found the village idiot.

According to you, the 2008 raptors are better than the 2007 Jazz, the 2005 Mavericks and the 2004 Lakers.

Interesting. And you don't average 20/10 by having 2 good games. In other words you fail.

superkegger
04-01-2009, 07:50 PM
How did this turn into a comparison of Dwight vs. Yao. Yao has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Nothing. This is about Dwight, getting to 5k boards younger than anyone else in history. Not about how Yao hasn't made it out of the first round. Jesus ****ing christ people.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I guess I found the village idiot.

According to you, the 2008 raptors are better than the 2007 Jazz, the 2005 Mavericks and the 2004 Lakers.

Interesting. And you don't average 20/10 by having 2 good games. In other words you fail.

the only time Yao averages 20/10 was when he he didn't even qualify for statistical leaders due to him having another injury, yet again.
Village idiot? haha. I haven't seen you on these boards much, most likely for good reason. I welcome any and all challengers against my basketball knowledge of 1984-present.
And I never fail big boy

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 08:23 PM
back to the subject. Dwight Howard, the BEST center in the NBA, is attacking the record books. Good for him. He has a great personality, loves the game, works hard, and has missed 0 games due to injury. Awesome

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 08:25 PM
I ALWAYS fail big boy
Fixed.

back to the subject. Dwight Howard, the BEST center in the NBA, is attacking the record books. Good for him. He has a great personality, loves the game, works hard, and has missed 0 games due to injury. Awesome

Further proof. Dwight Howard missed 2 games this season due to an injury. You always fail and you just proved it here.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 08:27 PM
very very good come back and good points hawkeye.....dwight is the man.......i wonder if there is anybody else in America that agrees with sole fan that thinks yao is better than dwight.......not a chance.....GO MAGIC!!!!!!

the Rockets owner may think with him, only because there are 500,000 chinese people in Houston, and hundreds of season ticket holders. Money, money, money. But other than that, yeah. You could poll Rockets fans, and ask them, and I would GUARANTEE you, that at least 70% of them would trade Yao for Howard in a heartbeat. It should be 100%, but you have to factor in bias

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 08:29 PM
the Rockets owner may think with him, only because there are 500,000 chinese people in Houston, and hundreds of season ticket holders. Money, money, money. But other than that, yeah. You could poll Rockets fans, and ask them, and I would GUARANTEE you, that at least 70% of them would trade Yao for Howard in a heartbeat. It should be 100%, but you have to factor in bias
Interesting, which is why I post on the biggest rocket fan site called clutchfans, and the majority of the people say they wouldn't trade Yao for Howard, outside of the people that believe Yao is the real scapegoat.

Daryl Morey said Yao Ming was an untouchable player in the trade deadline for a reason. You sir are a tool.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Interesting, which is why I post on the biggest rocket fan site called clutchfans, and the majority of the people say they wouldn't trade Yao for Howard, outside of the people that believe Yao is the real scapegoat.

Daryl Morey said Yao Ming was an untouchable player in the trade deadline for a reason. You sir are a tool.

Daryl makes money on him, he is a cash cow in a high asian population city. What does he care if they win if he can make money???
And like I said, MOST Rocket fans, not the crazy ones who are biased, which happen to be the ones on your clutchsite, would trade Yao in a heartbeat for Howard.
And no, Howard has not missed a game since he came into the NBA. Check again brother.
By the way, you are telling me, that you wouldn't trade Yao for Howard right now? A 27 year old center with more wear and tear than a 32 year old, who has missed more than an entire NBA season in games so far, for a 23 year old who is clearly the best C in the NBA, and even if you debate that, you still wouldn't trade for him?
And you are using statements that will get you banned from PSD. You will have to create a new account. I have a suggestion for you're new name. ILOVEYAOSPUBICHAIR#1

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Daryl makes money on him, he is a cash cow in a high asian population city. What does he care if they win if he can make money???
And like I said, MOST Rocket fans, not the crazy ones who are biased, which happen to be the ones on your clutchsite, would trade Yao in a heartbeat for Howard.
And no, Howard has not missed a game since he came into the NBA. Check again brother.
By the way, you are telling me, that you wouldn't trade Yao for Howard right now? A 27 year old center with more wear and tear than a 32 year old, who has missed more than an entire NBA season in games so far, for a 23 year old who is clearly the best C in the NBA, and even if you debate that, you still wouldn't trade for him?
And you are using statements that will get you banned from PSD. You will have to create a new account. I have a suggestion for you're new name. ILOVEYAOSPUBICHAIR#1
What am I saying that's going to get me banned? You going to taddle on me little boy? That was an attack right there to be fair.

And no, again Rocket fans would not want to trade Yao for Howard, and the same for Magic fans. Do not count the idiot by the name of Hawkeye15 or JordanBulls either.

You are a tool, Ignored.

GatorKid117
04-01-2009, 08:47 PM

Dwight's missed 2 games:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=281213026
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=281215009

Just FYI

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Dwight's missed 2 games:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=281213026
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=281215009

Just FYI
He never fails remember? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 08:51 PM
What am I saying that's going to get me banned? You going to taddle on me little boy? That was an attack right there to be fair.

And no, again Rocket fans would not want to trade Yao for Howard, and the same for Magic fans. Do not count the idiot by the name of Hawkeye15 or JordanBulls either.

You are a tool, Ignored.

I live in Houston, surrounded by Rockets fans. I haven't met on that wouldn't trade Yao for Howard. And I don't tattle. You are attacking me, but I am a big boy. Plus, attacking on the computer is for 12 year olds.
And you are correct, no Magic fan, and I mean 0, would trade Howard for Yao.
Good luck growing up. Hope it works out for you

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 08:53 PM
You are right no magic fan would trade for Yao, and not many Rocket fans outside of haters would trade for Howard. Living in Houston, yes I am sure you are more credible. Hey, If I had a 2 year old son that lived in Houston and he picked Yao, does that count? In other words you fail at knowing basketball and at life. Terrible combination.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 08:53 PM
He never fails remember? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

cool, I will take you're correction. Dwight has only played in 399/401 games for the Magic. You are a basketball wiz. Man, Dwight is injury prone. Never mind, I wouldn't trade Scola for Dwight

Hawkeye15
04-01-2009, 08:55 PM
You are right no magic fan would trade for Yao, and not many Rocket fans outside of haters would trade for Howard. Living in Houston, yes I am sure you are more credible. Hey, If I had a 2 year old son that lived in Houston and he picked Yao, does that count? In other words you fail at knowing basketball and at life. Terrible combination.

haha. You are funny dude, I mean it. Its like a repeating record that you can't get to, cause the entertainment center was locked by some kids.
anyways, this has been very stimulating. Good luck winning **** with Yao. I will give him this. He has worked hard on that face where he looks like he is in disbelief cause he just fell over the painted line in the lane, and wants the foul call. Page out of Vlade's book

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 08:59 PM
This message is hidden because Hawkeye15 is on your ignore list.

Ignore button = GOAT