PDA

View Full Version : Mj

Lakers4ItAll
03-31-2009, 05:33 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's ******** his jersey is retired anywhere besides Chicago? For example his jersey up until last night (Mourning) was the ONLY jersey retired by the Heat. I'm not sure if it is retired anywhere else.

Yes MJ was the best of all time I'm not saying he wasn't I just think it's stupid for his jersey to be retired anywhere but Chicago.

abe_froman
03-31-2009, 05:35 PM
pat wanted to show respect and being in charge he can retire any jersey he wants,whats wrong with that?

king4day
03-31-2009, 05:37 PM
I agree. Not sure he's retired everywhere though.
But yea, as great as he was, it's not like he helped other franchises. NY and Indiana come to mind with those teams he tormented the most.

UK Bull
03-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Yeah i heard about his jersey being retired in miami not long ago its as a tribute. it pretty funny though. He's got one at UNC
And heres a list of all the Retired jersey numbers in the nba Miami is the only one other than Chicago obviously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_Retired_Nu mbers

ProdigyI
03-31-2009, 05:58 PM
The Heat have always wanted to be on the same level as the Bulls Organization is.:rolleyes:

Its quite pathetic that the only retired jersey for the Miami Heat was a Bulls player before the other day :laugh:

still1ballin
03-31-2009, 06:25 PM
I think since the Heat hasn't had the success as other organizations and the hall of fame players, that they felt lonely with no jerseys hung up, so they decided to hang up the best player ever to play up there so they can feel better. LOL

KG2TB
03-31-2009, 06:37 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's ******** his jersey is retired anywhere besides Chicago? For example his jersey up until last night (Mourning) was the ONLY jersey retired by the Heat. I'm not sure if it is retired anywhere else.

Yes MJ was the best of all time I'm not saying he wasn't I just think it's stupid for his jersey to be retired anywhere but Chicago.

Yeah it's pretty stupid. Their rafters were lonely I guess but c'mon...he never played for the Heat! Tormented, yes, but never played. It's pretty lame IMO.

jehovah joe
03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
the league should retire the #23.

MJ-BULLS
03-31-2009, 06:49 PM
I think since the Heat hasn't had the success as other organizations and the hall of fame players, that they felt lonely with no jerseys hung up, so they decided to hang up the best player ever to play up there so they can feel better. LOL

agree :nod:

Ray_R
03-31-2009, 06:52 PM

I agree but after Lebron gets his jersey retired in CLevland which im pretty sure he will

chitownbulls
03-31-2009, 10:29 PM

I would like that just so Lebron can't use it.:D

EX-TREME
04-01-2009, 12:51 PM

:) lol

EX-TREME
04-01-2009, 12:51 PM
I would like that just so Lebron can't use it.:D

i would love that

tkshy
04-01-2009, 01:12 PM

Agreed the #23 should be retired across the L. Maybe when LBJ retires they will do a MJ LBJ #23 Retirement.

The entire NHL retired Wayne Gretsky's #99...isn't MJ the Gretsky of Basketball??

DrDEADalready
04-01-2009, 03:12 PM
No you got it twisted...Gretsky is the MJ of Hockey.

DrDEADalready
04-01-2009, 03:14 PM
there's not one jazz player that wears 23. I wonder if they have a rule you can't where that number either. but his number isnt retired or anything? :shrug:

Lo Porto
04-01-2009, 03:26 PM
It's ridiculous, just like the NBA's love affair with MJ is ridiculous. Yes, he was a top 5 player of all time, but he's not even the best ever. Nobody is. For every argument you have saying MJ is the best, I can give you a response as to why he's not.

MJ is not as great as everyone makes him out to be, but he was awesome. Teams and the league should leave it at that instead of putting him on a level that is unreachable.

WadeCounty
04-01-2009, 03:38 PM

unfortunately i agree lol, but the franchise is barely 21 years old you cant expect them to have much hanging

Caution1011
04-01-2009, 03:40 PM
The Heat have always wanted to be on the same level as the Bulls Organization is.:rolleyes:

Its quite pathetic that the only retired jersey for the Miami Heat was a Bulls player before the other day :laugh:

haha. On the bulls level where are the bulls now 8 seed. yeah enough said and its not even for sure you guys are going to make to the playoffs. The bobcats might take your spot so don't go talking about the heat. worry about your own squad they need all the help they can get. We got Wade we are str8 and on the Jordan's number retired its just respect for what Jordan has done for the league. so holla at me when you really got something to argue. peace:D

5th seed and we holding it down.

69centers
04-01-2009, 03:43 PM
It's ridiculous, just like the NBA's love affair with MJ is ridiculous. Yes, he was a top 5 player of all time, but he's not even the best ever. Nobody is. For every argument you have saying MJ is the best, I can give you a response as to why he's not.

MJ is not as great as everyone makes him out to be, but he was awesome. Teams and the league should leave it at that instead of putting him on a level that is unreachable.

Good post. Retire it in Chicago and that's it.

Caution1011
04-01-2009, 03:44 PM
another thing to all bulls fan we own you guys now and in the future. HEAT

JayW_1023
04-01-2009, 06:37 PM
It's really hard to imagine another player will ever surpass MJ. I sure hope that happens in my lifetime.

This generation...the closest is Kobe...but even he is miles behind, especially in terms of defense and inside game.

IversonIsKrazy
04-01-2009, 06:59 PM
If any team other than Bulls should retire MJ's # would be Washington. Why the hell is it retired in Miami, he never played 4 them nor coached or had any relations w. them.