PDA

View Full Version : why dont people trust Lakers?

ertanozgur
03-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Whenever Lakers lose a game , people start to talk about weak sides ..like "no defense" , " gasoft" , "kobe's low shooting percentage" , "weak bench" etc.

The only way for Lakers to impress people is to win 14 of their first 15 games with a 20 points margin or to win all of the 6 games of a road trip ( including in boston and cleaveland) without Bynum.

I dont think this is fair . I recommand people to wait and see what Lakers will do in playoffs...i want to remind something : Lakers havent lost any game this season when they gotta win...i believe they will come together and win it all this year

Hawkeye15
03-31-2009, 10:37 AM
Because when the Lakers win some games, Laker fans come on here and tell everyone how awesome they are. It goes both ways man. Besides, in the history of sports, nobody love a winner. Look at the flack KG gets now. How many of you like the Yankees? Get my point?

bahama0811
03-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Whenever Lakers lose a game , people start to talk about weak sides ..like "no defense" , " gasoft" , "kobe's low shooting percentage" , "weak bench" etc.

The only way for Lakers to impress people is to win 14 of their first 15 games with a 20 points margin or to win all of the 6 games of a road trip ( including in boston and cleaveland) without Bynum.

I dont think this is fair . I recommand people to wait and see what Lakers will do in playoffs...i want to remind something : Lakers havent lost any game this season when they gotta win...i believe they will come together and win it all this year

To be fair, people do this with every team. We always look for things to criticize teams about. You just notice it with the Lakers because that's your team.

prodigy
03-31-2009, 10:52 AM

You can say the samething about every team.^^^^ like he said.

Like when the cavs lose a game everyone's like, '' I knew it, there a joke, the thunder could whoop them, lebrons overrated''. lol. The cavs won 12 straight games, So they will lose one soon or later. When they do people will freak out watch...

jimbobjarree
03-31-2009, 10:53 AM
I think the Lakers fans themselves are the biggest critics of their team. They lose one and think its the end of the world, when tbh I think the majority of teams in the league would love to be in their position

DrDEADalready
03-31-2009, 10:53 AM

Good for you?!? :eyebrow:

ertanozgur
03-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Because when the Lakers win some games, Laker fans come on here and tell everyone how awesome they are. It goes both ways man. Besides, in the history of sports, nobody love a winner. Look at the flack KG gets now. How many of you like the Yankees? Get my point?

so it is all about envy? :) ...this is good than

Wilson
03-31-2009, 11:25 AM
That's just the way it is :shrug:

I don't understand how anyone could get upset by it. Like Hawkeye said, whenever a team is doing well, as soon as one thing goes wrong (no matter how big or small), some people are bound to jump all over it. Who cares?

what54!?
03-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Its just the way it is. If you mention a team, people will say that their team can do it better. If you mention a player, someone else will say their player is better. Simple as that

Hawkeye15
03-31-2009, 11:49 AM

so you envy Kevin Garnett? Do you envy the Celtics, and the Patriots? No sir, not envy. I said nobody likes a winner, unless it is there team. However, since the Lakers have not won anything since big boy left, most of us fans just get annoyed at how Laker fans build this team up to be something it isn't. Win a ring. Then you can talk about how bad *** you guys are. Boston fans are less annoying, and they have the trophy currently

Hawkeye15
03-31-2009, 11:52 AM
That's just the way it is :shrug:

I don't understand how anyone could get upset by it. Like Hawkeye said, whenever a team is doing well, as soon as one thing goes wrong (no matter how big or small), some people are bound to jump all over it. Who cares?

exactly. Don't be so sensitive. haha

nyybronxborn
03-31-2009, 12:45 PM
so you envy Kevin Garnett? Do you envy the Celtics, and the Patriots? No sir, not envy. I said nobody likes a winner, unless it is there team. However, since the Lakers have not won anything since big boy left, most of us fans just get annoyed at how Laker fans build this team up to be something it isn't. Win a ring. Then you can talk about how bad *** you guys are. Boston fans are less annoying, and they have the trophy currently

no boston fans are the most annoying first thing
second thing is i am a celtics fan
third thing i hate the lakers

but to say laker fan are more annoying
******** no one is as bad as boston fans

JJ81
03-31-2009, 01:05 PM
I think the Lakers fans themselves are the biggest critics of their team. They lose one and think its the end of the world, when tbh I think the majority of teams in the league would love to be in their position

That's true, but the players themselves set the high standards.

Kobe: "I'm chasing perfection". And they've been talking about the title since the summer.

ink
03-31-2009, 01:07 PM

No, it's not. Read jimbobjarree's post ...

Totally agree. Laker fans have to be a bit more like their players -- don't get too high after the wins or too low after the losses. You'll drive yourselves (and everybody else) insane. lol.

You guys have a great team. Good luck in the playoffs.

Vidball
03-31-2009, 01:18 PM

Agreed...whenever a game is lost a ton of Laker fans think the sky is falling. IMO the Lakers have done pretty good with Bynum being out for over half the season. The Lakers are on pace for their third best regular season record in their history...this year there isn't any reason to whine about coaching, personnel, etc.

ink
03-31-2009, 01:28 PM
^ IMO this is even a more entertaining team to watch than the Shaq era Lakers. Just enjoy it guys because you don't always get great teams like this.

znick21
03-31-2009, 01:45 PM
it's honestly a toss-up between la and boston for most annoying fans. prolly cuz they feel the need to start a new thread about their teams every single day.

Wilson
03-31-2009, 01:54 PM
it's honestly a toss-up between la and boston for most annoying fans. prolly cuz they feel the need to start a new thread about their teams every single day.

To be honest, I don't think we make enough. I think it's important that everyone on PSD (and in the world) knows that Andrew Bynum is, well, the messiah...

:p

Kevj77
03-31-2009, 02:13 PM
The Lakers are the NBA version of the Yankees. People either love them or hate them. Thats what happens when your the best franchise in your sport

Hawkeye15
03-31-2009, 02:19 PM
The Lakers are the NBA version of the Yankees. People either love them or hate them. Thats what happens when your the best franchise in your sport

when did the Lakers pass the Celtics for championships? If we are talking modern, the Spurs have been better

ARMIN12NBA
03-31-2009, 03:25 PM

Many great teams have not won rings. It doesn't mean that they weren't "bad ***."

Hawkeye15
03-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Many great teams have not won rings. It doesn't mean that they weren't "bad ***."

very true, but there are many Laker fans who claim they have the best team. Until the trophy is won, don't make that claim. Simple as that. Same with Cavs fans

Kevj77
03-31-2009, 10:58 PM
when did the Lakers pass the Celtics for championships? If we are talking modern, the Spurs have been betterThe modern era of basketball started with Bird and Magic. Who has more titles in that time than the Lakers? The Lakers might not have the most titles, but they have only missed the playoffs 4 times in NBA history. They have been dominated by the Celtics in the finals, but they have more finals appearances than any other team. They have built and rebuilt championship teams more times than the Celtics. The Celtics haven't been relavent since Bird until they got KG.

Yes I think they are a better franchise. I'm not saying the Celtics aren't a great franchise they are. Ask people in California about the Celtics and nobody cared until last year. Why because thay have sucked for about 20 years until they got KG. Ask anyone, anywhere about the Lakers and they will either love them or hate them. Only one other team in all of sports get that reaction. The Yankees.

G-Funk
03-31-2009, 11:06 PM

You got it! here is your awnser!

hotpotato1092
03-31-2009, 11:17 PM
People hate on the Lakers because they're jealous, it's why people hate on the yankees and pats.

mrmike101
03-31-2009, 11:51 PM

2nd place is definatly not bad *** kobe would tell you that
P.S. this laker team is more talented than the celtics or cleveland but i doubt they are going to beat either one in the finals!! kharma is a b**** I think kobe will be remembered for his self destruction (shaq situation). The new #23 has risen kobe bryant goodnight.. :(:cry::smoking::clap::D