PDA

View Full Version : Dirk's new team ?

TheDiggler
03-31-2009, 08:43 AM
Simple thread, but very interesting to me:
Cuban said about 1 or 2 weeks ago nobody is untouchable on the Mavs anymore (the last loss maybe just made him even more upset). Dirk wants a ring. Dallas is just not competitive anymore. So, imagine Dallas wants a total makeover without Dirk or Dirk just wants to leave the team.

In your opinion:

What would be his new team ?

(please, keep it realistic)

Young2Kinsler
03-31-2009, 09:47 AM
Last night on the radio, they laid out what KIND of package it would take to land Dirk from Cuban, and here's what it looks like... this was a deal involving the Heat...

Miami receives...
Dirk Nowitzki
Matt Carroll

Dallas reveives
Mario Chalmers
Michael Beasley
Jermaine Oneal(money purposes)
and at least a 1st rd pick in 2010 or 2012

Sounds steep, but Dirk is an elite, loved by his owner, so is your team willing to pay?

LayZbone
03-31-2009, 09:57 AM
Last night on the radio, they laid out what KIND of package it would take to land Dirk from Cuban, and here's what it looks like... this was a deal involving the Heat...

Miami receives...
Dirk Nowitzki
Matt Carroll

Dallas reveives
Mario Chalmers
Michael Beasley

Sounds steep, but Dirk is an elite, loved by his owner, so is your team willing to pay?

jesus....

Young2Kinsler
03-31-2009, 09:59 AM
jesus....

It sounds like alot, but I truly believe Wade and Dirk would be an amazing combination. Dirk would be the 2nd guy, but still very good, and having Wade's slashing ability allows Dirk to spot up more easily. Surely a deal wouldn't look exactly like that, but I'm thinking it would be similar.

aman_13
03-31-2009, 10:01 AM

Miami receives...
Dirk Nowitzki
Matt Carroll

Dallas reveives
Mario Chalmers
Michael Beasley

I will just speak for all the Heat fans and say no way are the Heat going to give up that much for Nowitzki.

Bucsfan
03-31-2009, 10:17 AM
I say trade Boozer (if he doesnt opt out) and CJ Miles to the Mavs for Dirk, then the jazz will have 2 7 footers that can nail 3's

Manos
03-31-2009, 10:18 AM
I will just speak for all the Heat fans and say no way are the Heat going to give up that much for Nowitzki.

Chalmers and Beasly? If I were the Mavericks I wouldn't make that deal.

aman_13
03-31-2009, 10:29 AM

I know this deal may not sound that appealing to the Mavericks right now, but imo Chalmers and Beasley are two future all-stars in this league.

bosox3431
03-31-2009, 10:32 AM
I know this deal may not sound that appealing to the Mavericks right now, but imo Chalmers and Beasley are two future all-stars in this league.

Why because they play for the Heat?

aman_13
03-31-2009, 10:59 AM

I'm not a Heat fan.

nipo10847
03-31-2009, 11:17 AM

Bcz Beasely is next BTW!!!...and Mario will b the nearest thing of CP3...

FOBolous
03-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Tmac for Dirk?

:p

what54!?
03-31-2009, 11:27 AM

Miami receives...
Dirk Nowitzki
Matt Carroll

Dallas reveives
Mario Chalmers
Michael Beasley

you really think the heat would givie up that many people (espeically chalmers AND beasley) for dirk? He and wade still wouldn't win a championship as they have no help

asmarks18
03-31-2009, 11:37 AM
I am extremely biased so theres not a damn thing you can offer that would appeal to me. Unless it was for Lebron or Wade.

kjdills13
03-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Mavericks get- Amare stoudemire , jason richardson

Suns get- Dirk , Barea

Young2Kinsler
03-31-2009, 12:00 PM
No thanks to Amare, I want younger, less often injured players. As a Mavs fan, I love Dirk, but if an offer came along with 2 future solid players in Beasley and Chalmers, or similar, I'd have to listen.

SeoulBeatz
03-31-2009, 12:08 PM
I say trade Boozer (if he doesnt opt out) and CJ Miles to the Mavs for Dirk, then the jazz will have 2 7 footers that can nail 3's

...and the whitest team in the NBA

FOBolous
03-31-2009, 12:11 PM
...and the whitest team in the NBA

:laugh2: i want to see that. that would be pretty cool.

Okur
Dirk
Kirlenko
Harping

....all they're missing is a white point guard :p

Lakers4ItAll
03-31-2009, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't want Dirk anywhere near my team he plays no D and will probably never lead a team to a championship

IRUAM #21
03-31-2009, 12:31 PM

Miami receives...
Dirk Nowitzki
Matt Carroll

Dallas reveives
Mario Chalmers
Michael Beasley

Damn, that's a lot... but knowing Pat Riley he would probably do it :p

aman_13
03-31-2009, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't want Dirk anywhere near my team he plays no D and will probably never lead a team to a championship

Dirk lead his team all the way to the finals and almost won it all. He may have never won a championship, but with the right talent around him; he could do it. Who would you rather have on your team, Nowitzki or Gasol?

_Supreme_
03-31-2009, 12:38 PM
Dirk and Scrub for Shaq.

Shaq will say Jason Kidd is the best guard he ever played with and he'll take him to the Finals :D

_Supreme_
03-31-2009, 12:45 PM
But realisticly, I wouldn't rule out NY once the Knicks discover all the talk about getting 2 free agent stars in 2010 is nothing more than unrealistic hot air invented by the media.

The usual suspects would probably be David Lee, Nate and/or maybe Al Harrington.

If one of the younger teams wants to make the next step by trading some youth for a vet like Dirk the Thunder or Blazers could be possible also.

BkOriginalOne
03-31-2009, 12:47 PM
How about and Elton Brand for Dirk Package.

Dirk can play more uptempo than Brand can. They can use his 3 point shooting. Dalembert's shot blocking/rebounding also allows Dirk to step out of the paint.

Frezhnitz
03-31-2009, 01:13 PM
Dirk lead his team all the way to the finals and almost won it all. He may have never won a championship, but with the right talent around him; he could do it. Who would you rather have on your team, Nowitzki or Gasol?

gasol!

Lakers4ItAll
03-31-2009, 01:20 PM
You mean the Mavs choked it up in the Finals? And I would rather have Gasol atleast he plays D

Big Zo
03-31-2009, 02:20 PM

Miami receives...
Dirk Nowitzki
Matt Carroll

Dallas reveives
Mario Chalmers
Michael Beasley

:laugh: We don't want that choke job here.

BSD8393
03-31-2009, 02:22 PM
Don't wade and dirk have a feud between the two of them?

Becks2307
03-31-2009, 02:23 PM
:laugh2: i want to see that. that would be pretty cool.

Okur
Dirk
Kirlenko
Harping

....all they're missing is a white point guard :p

dont forget the whitest player in the league Kyle Korver

Big Zo
03-31-2009, 02:27 PM
If the heat where able to land dirk it might compel wade to sign an extension.

Dirk is too old. The Heat are gonna wait until 2010 and try to sign Chris Bosh or even LeBron. Yes, there is a slight possibility that LeBron teams up here with Wade, believe it or not.

BigEric
03-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Haha don't forget that Williams is half white. The Jazz would look like the old Kings.

BSD8393
03-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Dirk is too old. The Heat are gonna wait until 2010 and try to sign Chris Bosh or even LeBron. Yes, there is a slight possibility that LeBron teams up here with Wade, believe it or not.

Lebron and wade would be nasty, but if the cavs can't resign lebron I see him going to ny.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
03-31-2009, 02:42 PM

and JO, so they lose to young players and a center who has helped turn their season around....their stupid if they do it

Big Zo
03-31-2009, 02:54 PM
Lebron and wade would be nasty, but if the cavs can't resign lebron I see him going to ny.

If he doesn't win a championship in Cleveland, he might not wanna go to a horrible team like NY. From what I understand, Miami has the most cap space in 2010 and will try to re-sign Wade and get another max contract player.

BSD8393
03-31-2009, 03:31 PM
If he doesn't win a championship in Cleveland, he might not wanna go to a horrible team like NY. From what I understand, Miami has the most cap space in 2010 and will try to re-sign Wade and get another max contract player.

I thought okc has the most cap in 2010......

Joshtd1
03-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Think I would make some kind of deal involving TP for Dirk. I would love to see a Dirk/Duncan duo...would be unstoppable.

VCaintdead17
03-31-2009, 04:11 PM
...and Mario will b the nearest thing of CP3...

Congratulations :clap:

You just made my quote of the month

Kakaroach
03-31-2009, 05:12 PM
^^Lol. But yea with J. Kidd's huge expring contract, maybe they can get a guy like Shawn Marion or trade Howard for someone that would make them better. The only way the Mavs are contenders is if they are with Dirk.

Young2Kinsler
03-31-2009, 06:33 PM

i was going to cut you some slack and let your first idiot post of " We don't want that choke job here" slide, but with this, I have to say something. Dirk is too old? He'll still only be 31 at the end of NEXT season. He has shown no signs at all of decline, and along with the other people who criticize Dirk on here, they really just don't watch basketball. No one criticized Boston for trade for KG because he was too old, and he's older than Dirk. I think it's part of the media bias, and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but some of the lack of respect Dirk gets is because he is white.

Young2Kinsler
03-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Think I would make some kind of deal involving TP for Dirk. I would love to see a Dirk/Duncan duo...would be unstoppable.

LOL, first off, keep dreaming, they wouldn't trade him in the division, much less the west probably, not to mention the Spurs don't have the pieces to land a player like Dirk.

^^Lol. But yea with J. Kidd's huge expring contract, maybe they can get a guy like Shawn Marion or trade Howard for someone that would make them better. The only way the Mavs are contenders is if they are with Dirk.

I agree, don't wanna see Dirk go, and no matter what we got for him, don't think we would be better anytime soon.

Kakaroach
03-31-2009, 07:01 PM
^^Exactly. The Mavs are just another bad team in the West without Dirk. Cuban has to put the pieces around Dirk if they want to make a run again.

showtym24
03-31-2009, 07:05 PM
Dirk for dj mbenga

thephoenixson28
03-31-2009, 07:34 PM
I thought okc has the most cap in 2010...... I think okc has the most this year, but in 2010 I thought phoenix does. Phoenix has almost every player expiring shaq,nash,amare,tucker,amundson,dudley,richardson
And 2009- hill,barnes, swift
That are whole team so I think phoenix has the most.

Kakaroach
03-31-2009, 07:41 PM
Dirk for dj mbenga Yes! That is precisely what the Mavs need to win an NBA championship! :smoking:

Big Zo
03-31-2009, 10:19 PM
i was going to cut you some slack and let your first idiot post of " We don't want that choke job here" slide, but with this, I have to say something. Dirk is too old? He'll still only be 31 at the end of NEXT season. He has shown no signs at all of decline, and along with the other people who criticize Dirk on here, they really just don't watch basketball. No one criticized Boston for trade for KG because he was too old, and he's older than Dirk. I think it's part of the media bias, and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but some of the lack of respect Dirk gets is because he is white.

"Blah blah blah, everybody hates Dirk! Rant! rant! rant!" Dirk likely only has 2 or 3 good years left in him whereas LeBron and Bosh still have their best years ahead of them.

mavwar53
03-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Congratulations :clap:

You just made my quote of the month

Thanks for sayin that, I saw 2 pages of no one ragging on this quote I was suprised but jesus that is one stupid thing to say. Close to CP3 hahahaha.

dee279
03-31-2009, 10:49 PM

Miami receives...
Dirk Nowitzki
Matt Carroll

Dallas reveives
Mario Chalmers
Michael Beasley

LOL WOW! Sounds steep u say? Its too much is wut i say. Beasley is untouchable and the heat should get a 1st not mavs. Dumb is all i can say

Young2Kinsler
03-31-2009, 10:50 PM
LOL WOW! Sounds steep u say? Its too much is wut i say. Beasley is untouchable and the heat should get a 1st not mavs. Dumb is all i can say

The Celtics had to give up Al Jefferson for KG, its going to take a similar package to land Dirk.

hotpotato1092
03-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Just throwing this out there:

Mavs get:
LaMarcus Aldridge
Travis Outlaw
Raef Lafrentz (sign and trade)

Blazers get:
Dirk
filler

Or this:

Dallas gets:
Kevin Love
2009 first round pick (Minnesota)
Mike Conley Jr.
expiring contract

Memphis gets:
Brandon Bass
Corey Brewer

Minnesota gets:
Dirk

Just wanted to throw out a team that people weren't necessarily thinking about, and who knows a Dirk-Jefferson combo would be amazing.

dee279
03-31-2009, 10:57 PM
The Celtics had to give up Al Jefferson for KG, its going to take a similar package to land Dirk.

Well we dont want Dirk!

JordansBulls
04-01-2009, 08:17 AM
Dirk to the Bulls for Tyrus and Deng

TheDiggler
04-01-2009, 09:18 AM
First, it's nice that all of you guys threw in some thoughts. Thanks for that (except the Mbenga thing) ;)

I had something else in my mind, maybe nobody expected, yet.
What about the Clippers. Yes, the Clippers. Sounds mad ? Why ? The thing would be, that the Clippers want a trio of Kaman, Nowtizki and Baron Davis (?) and the Mavericks would recieve talents of the Clippers, to a new build up.

For example, something like this:

Clippers get Dirk (plus maybe fillers or something like that) while
Mavs could choose a package of players including Zach Randolph, Eric Gordon, Marcus Camby (plus more or someone else ? a pick ? don't know)

What I also liked was the Idea of a User that Dirk would go to the Spurs. I think he would fit great there, and could play for a ring with Duncan in his team, especially with Duncan AND Parker in his team ... but the Spurs don't have something to offer to the Mavs, I think.

So, if I resume the posts, it seems to be more likely that Dirk stays in Dallas, because other teams won't have something they A) can offer or B) would want to offer ...

asmarks18
04-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Just throwing this out there:

Mavs get:
LaMarcus Aldridge
Travis Outlaw
Raef Lafrentz (sign and trade)

Blazers get:
Dirk
filler

Or this:

Dallas gets:
Kevin Love
2009 first round pick (Minnesota)
Mike Conley Jr.
expiring contract

Memphis gets:
Brandon Bass
Corey Brewer

Minnesota gets:
Dirk

Just wanted to throw out a team that people weren't necessarily thinking about, and who knows a Dirk-Jefferson combo would be amazing.

Why would the Mavs want Raef Lafrentz? Are you ********?

JayW_1023
04-01-2009, 11:39 AM

Not giving up Parker in his prime. Parker should be untouchable.

Young2Kinsler
04-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Why would the Mavs want Raef Lafrentz? Are you ********?

Salaries have to match up in a trade, and Raef is an expiring contract. I'd do that deal, would have to take the solid young piece and build. I'd rather not trade Dirk tho, and build around him.