PDA

View Full Version : When you hear the word "Franchise Player" which of the three options comes to mind ..

JordansBulls
03-30-2009, 05:21 PM
When you hear the word "Franchise Player" which of the three options comes to mind most?

Option A) - A Player you can build your team around that can lead your team to a title as the best player on the team?

Option B) - A Player who brings your team's sales and revenue up due to marketability

Option C) - A Player that is constantly an allstar player in the league

If you could only use one of those options to describe what a "Franchise Player" is, which option would you chooose?

bahama0811
03-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Option A: Isn't that the whole idea, to bring a championship to your team.

_Sn1P3r_
03-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Option A comes to my head.

abe_froman
03-30-2009, 05:36 PM
all 3(as fans we tend to overlook option b)

IndyRealist
03-30-2009, 05:46 PM
With any luck, all 3 apply. But the Pacers sure could use option B right now.

I mean, wasn't Allen Iverson a franchise player? Karl Malone? Patrick Ewing? If your best player gets fans excited about coming to games and your team wins games, doesn't that qualify you as a franchise player?

Jahari Kavi
03-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Choice "A" should be the obvious selection for everyone

heyman321
03-30-2009, 05:51 PM
If one of them applies, most likely all three will.

JordansBulls
03-30-2009, 06:45 PM
With any luck, all 3 apply. But the Pacers sure could use option B right now.

I mean, wasn't Allen Iverson a franchise player? Karl Malone? Patrick Ewing? If your best player gets fans excited about coming to games and your team wins games, doesn't that qualify you as a franchise player?

Well it doesn't necessarily have to be someone who has won a title, but at least someone who is good enough to lead a team to the finals a few times.

theuuord
03-30-2009, 06:48 PM
A combination of A and B.

and C would be a result of those two.

still1ballin
03-30-2009, 06:58 PM
A

DerekRE_3
03-30-2009, 07:00 PM
If you have a player that gives you option A, he will be option C. And winning a championship means option B. If you want fans in the seats...win. Look at San Antonio. They have Tim Duncan. He has lead his team to 4 titles, with that came all star appearances, and because his team wins, they get more revenue.

JordansBulls
03-30-2009, 08:27 PM
If you have a player that gives you option A, he will be option C. And winning a championship means option B. If you want fans in the seats...win. Look at San Antonio. They have Tim Duncan. He has lead his team to 4 titles, with that came all star appearances, and because his team wins, they get more revenue.

Nice explanation

Vinny642
03-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Option A but with an addition, someone who is like throughout the league, and by mostly everybody, is a good role model for fans.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2009, 08:43 PM
When you hear the word "Franchise Player" which of the three options comes to mind most?

Option A) - A Player you can build your team around that can lead your team to a title as the best player on the team?

Option B) - A Player who brings your team's sales and revenue up due to marketability

Option C) - A Player that is constantly an allstar player in the league

If you could only use one of those options to describe what a "Franchise Player" is, which option would you chooose?

A obviously. You just described

A) Tim Duncan
B) Allen Iverson
C) Vince Carter

EddieB
03-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Kobe Bryant

cormacraig
03-31-2009, 05:51 AM
I'm thinking B, but I'm a bit of a cynic.