PDA

View Full Version : All NBA teams

codes238
03-30-2009, 03:32 AM
so now that lebron has basically wrapped up the MVP award its time to discuss the all-NBA teams... mine would be as follows:

1st team:
g - chris paul
g - wade
f - lebron
f - duncan
c - dwight howard

2nd team:
g - brendan roy
g - kobe bryant
f - paul pierce
f - pau gasol
c - yao

3rd team:
g - deron williams
g - joe johnson
f - bosh
f - dirk
c - shaq

the hottest debate will be which 2 out of wade, CP3 and kobe deserve to make the first team... also im sure people will mention guys like billups and tony parker who could both easily make the 3rd team, i just personally feel that dwill and joe johnson have been better this year... some people will argue the 3rd team center and mention guys like nene, al jefferson and big z... a case could also be made for carmelo, garnett, gerald wallace, granger, iguodala, rashard lewis or even kevin durant to make the 3rd team over bosh but i dont really see that happening, i think the forwards are pretty set... discuss away!

EX-TREME
03-30-2009, 09:43 AM
u got it alright

Vinny642
03-30-2009, 10:08 AM
I doubt Cp will be all first cuz Kobe will get over him it sucks I know,

Hawkeye15
03-30-2009, 10:51 AM
1st
Paul
Wade
LeBron
Duncan
Howard

2nd
Williams
Bryant
Pierce
Dirk
Yao

3rd
Parker
Roy
Granger
Bosh
Shaq

ertanozgur
03-30-2009, 11:01 AM
CP3 over Kobe? ...it is funny

Wilson
03-30-2009, 11:08 AM
I think Kevin Garnett will get on the 3rd team over Bosh. This is how I see it:

1st Team
G: Dwyane Wade
G: Kobe Bryant
F: LeBron James
F: Tim Duncan
C: Dwight Howard

2nd Team
G: Chris Paul
G: Deron Williams
F: Paul Pierce
F: Pau Gasol
C: Yao Ming

3rd Team
G: Chauncey Billups
G: Tony Parker
F: Carmelo Anthony
F: Kevin Garnett
C: Andris Biedrins

I'm probably missing someone there, but there you go...

Wilson
03-30-2009, 11:10 AM
CP3 over Kobe? ...it is funny

It's fair enough. I'm a Laker fan, but you can't argue that Paul is a great player. Both him and Kobe have played great this year, you can't go wrong with either for the first team.

Lo Porto
03-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Paul, LeBron, Kobe, Wade and Howard should be on the first team because they are the forces on their respective teams, are doing amazing things every night, and they deserve the recognition. Duncan is awesome, but he doesn't do it at the level of these other guys.

Deron Williams better be on the 2nd team ahead of anyone else for PG. He's top 25 in scoring and #2 in assists while working on the most injured team in the NBA this year.

Vinny642
03-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Paul, LeBron, Kobe, Wade and Howard should be on the first team because they are the forces on their respective teams, are doing amazing things every night, and they deserve the recognition. Duncan is awesome, but he doesn't do it at the level of these other guys.

Deron Williams better be on the 2nd team ahead of anyone else for PG. He's top 25 in scoring and #2 in assists while working on the most injured team in the NBA this year.

One of the most, we are kinda up there too

Lo Porto
03-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Utah has 3 former All Stars (Okur, AK and Boozer) and one should be all star Deron Williams. All 4 of those guys have missed at least 10 games. Boozer, the most recent All Star, missed 44 games. Harpring has also missed 20 games.

In fact, it was mid March until Utah played it's first game all season with everyone healthy. Also, Brewer is the only player on the entire roster who has been healthy enough or good enough to play in every game this season.

Vinny642
03-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Okurs All Star was a fluke.

Peja has been out a while, so has Chandler. West and Cp were both hurt at a time. Rasual Butler is the brewer of the Hornets. Mo Pete was hurt. Injury plagued seasons SUCK. I think our starting rotation played 24 or 25 games together only :(

Lo Porto
03-30-2009, 12:14 PM
You're right - the injuries suck and the Hornets are right up there with the Jazz in terms of games missed. I guess that's the reason they are 6 and 7 in the West instead of 3 and 4. The Jazz are 16-4 since some of these players have come back healthy.

It's too bad that Utah and N.O. have the hardest schedules to end the year (Utah at Portland, Denver, N.O., Dallas, S.A. and L.A. the next couple weeks). If they could only add at Houston, Utah could do the entire Western conference playoff teams tour prior to the playoffs.

BowDown32
03-30-2009, 12:16 PM
I think Kevin Garnett will get on the 3rd team over Bosh. This is how I see it:

1st Team
G: Dwyane Wade
G: Kobe Bryant
F: Tim Duncan

2nd Team

3rd Team
F: Carmelo Anthony
F: Kevin Garnett
C: Andris Biedrins

I'm probably missing someone there, but there you go...

Andris Biedrins!??!?!?!? Are you nuts. I like what you are thinking across the board but there is no way in hell he should even be in consideration for an all-NBA team award.

Chris Bosh could be listed as a Centre... he was for the all star game. Taking that into account he gets on the 3rd team along with KG.

I think CP3 should get a 1st team with Wade and LBJ, but I just don't know how you can leave Kobe off the 1st team along with those other 3 guys. Tough decision but I'd like to see CP3 on there.

Remember they don't always go by listed positions.

BowDown32
03-30-2009, 12:17 PM
On that note... Dirk and Roy should get in there. I'd have to take Melo out and someone else.

Wilson
03-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Andris Biedrins!??!?!?!? Are you nuts. I like what you are thinking across the board but there is no way in hell he should even be in consideration for an all-NBA team award.

Chris Bosh could be listed as a Centre... he was for the all star game. Taking that into account he gets on the 3rd team along with KG.

I think CP3 should get a 1st team with Wade and LBJ, but I just don't know how you can leave Kobe off the 1st team along with those other 3 guys. Tough decision but I'd like to see CP3 on there.

Remember they don't always go by listed positions.

:laugh2: Yeah Biedrins is kind of a stretch. I was just couldn't think of the other good centers. Come to think of it, I don't know why I didn't just put Shaq there, that was a bit of a mistake on my part.

If Bosh can go in there at the center spot, then he has a good case to be there somewhere as well.

Lo Porto
03-30-2009, 12:29 PM
1st Team
Chris Paul
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Dwight Howard

2nd Team
Deron Williams
Carmelo Anthony
Paul Pierce
Tim Duncan
Yao Ming

3rd Team
Chauncey Billups
Tony Parker
Danny Granger
Kevin Garnett
Pau Gasol

codes238
03-30-2009, 05:04 PM
the thing is not all 3 of kobe, wade and CP3 can make the first team because theyre all listed as guards so one of them is gonna get shafted and at this point idd actually have to go with kobe, i just think that both paul and wade are having superior seasons... i dont see how paul making it over kobe is sooo funny? have you even seen him play this year or looked at his numbers? he's unreal!

abe_froman
03-30-2009, 05:08 PM
the thing is not all 3 of kobe, wade and CP3 can make the first team because theyre all listed as guards so one of them is gonna get shafted and at this point idd actually have to go with kobe, i just think that both paul and wade are having superior seasons... i dont see how paul making it over kobe is sooo funny? have you even seen him play this year or looked at his numbers? he's unreal!
he's on the 2nd best team and based on his rep alone, will carry him over paul

jrodmesche
03-30-2009, 05:16 PM
paul
wade
kobe
James
Howard
thats perfect lol

Vinny642
03-30-2009, 07:48 PM
he's on the 2nd best team and based on his rep alone, will carry him over paul

And that will piss me off and make me think this is as overrated as MVP

Kakaroach
03-30-2009, 07:57 PM
1st Team
Kobe Bryant
Dwayne Wade
LeBron James
Tim Duncan
Dwight Howard

2nd Team
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Paul Pierce
Chris Bosh
Yao Ming

3rd Team
Tony Parker
Chauncey Billups
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Garnett
Pau Gasol

RealistRocket34
03-31-2009, 12:13 AM
I already made a thread about all-nba teams, but I'll make it again

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341912
All-NBA 1st Team
G: Wade
G: Kobe
F: LeBron
F: Duncan
C: Dwight

All-NBA 2nd Team
G: CP3
G: Deron
F: Pierce
F: Gasol
C: Yao

All-NBA 3rd Team
G: Billups
G: Roy
F: Dirk
F: KG
C: Shaq

THE MTL
03-31-2009, 12:29 AM
PG- Chris Paul
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- Kobe Bryant
PF- Lebron James
C- Dwight Howard

They gonna switch Kobe to SF, but seriously Chris Paul is DEFINITELY the All First Team Point guard!

abe_froman
03-31-2009, 12:36 AM
And that will piss me off and make me think this is as overrated as MVP

it is.but prepare for it because rep goes along way in deciding these

Chronz
03-31-2009, 01:08 AM
There is no reason Deron deserves All-NBA over TP, NONE

bballer89
03-31-2009, 01:20 AM
Okurs All Star was a fluke.

Peja has been out a while, so has Chandler. West and Cp were both hurt at a time. Rasual Butler is the brewer of the Hornets. Mo Pete was hurt. Injury plagued seasons SUCK. I think our starting rotation played 24 or 25 games together only :(

As of today:

Peja has been out 18 games ( and counting), chandler has missed 28 games ( and counting) west missed 6 games and Cp missed 4 games (but could say 5 or 6 cause that what it took for him to get him back to "normal"), butler has missed 0 games and mo pete has missed 37 games total but hasn't really been a big factor for New Orleans anyway.

For the Jazz:

Memo has missed 9 games, Boozer has missed 44 games, Brewer missed one game, D-Will missed 13 games but could be more like 24 games, Ak-47 missed 15 games, and Kyle Korver missed 4 games.

That is a total of 95 games for New Orleans and that is 97 for the jazz. That is a lot closer than what i thought. That is pretty close but if you take out mo pete's for NO than that is 58 but the main thing that has hurt the jazz is that Boozer, AK and deron were all out at the same time; especially Ak and Boozer.
Of the combined 12 games that Paul and West were out they only missed one game at the same time.

I do realize that the Chandler injury has hurt your team defensively and a little offensively. I will admit that the first 13 games that Deron missed that the jazz stayed afloat but that is because of the schedule. The jazz certainly were fortunate enough to have Millsap step up his game with Boozer out and that help in getting wins.

I can only think that the top three teams in the West with no injuries would be the Lakers, Jazz and Hornets (probably in that order but who knows) but injuries do happen and hopefully each team can get healthy for the playoffs and stay healthy for next year. IF each team can stay intact

EHL
03-31-2009, 01:39 AM
so now that lebron has basically wrapped up the MVP award its time to discuss the all-NBA teams... mine would be as follows:

1st team:
g - chris paul
g - wade
f - lebron
f - duncan
c - dwight howard

2nd team:
g - brendan roy
g - kobe bryant
f - paul pierce
f - pau gasol
c - yao

3rd team:
g - deron williams
g - joe johnson
f - bosh
f - dirk
c - shaq

the hottest debate will be which 2 out of wade, CP3 and kobe deserve to make the first team... also im sure people will mention guys like billups and tony parker who could both easily make the 3rd team, i just personally feel that dwill and joe johnson have been better this year... some people will argue the 3rd team center and mention guys like nene, al jefferson and big z... a case could also be made for carmelo, garnett, gerald wallace, granger, iguodala, rashard lewis or even kevin durant to make the 3rd team over bosh but i dont really see that happening, i think the forwards are pretty set... discuss away!

Duncan will miss out. All NBA teams does'nt have to follow a 2 guard 2 Forward and Center Format.

So basically,

CP3
Wade
Kobe
Lebron
Dwight

IndiansFan337
03-31-2009, 01:48 AM

1st team:
g - chris paul
g - wade
f - lebron
f - duncan
c - dwight howard

2nd team:
g - brendan roy
g - kobe bryant
f - paul pierce
f - pau gasol
c - yao

3rd team:
g - deron williams
g - joe johnson
f - bosh
f - dirk
c - shaq

There's absolutely zero chance of Kobe not being on the 1st team. It will likely be at the expense of Chris Paul. But if they just go for the top 5 players, they could push Kobe over to the F slot & give Paul the 5th spot. Because he is more deserving than a second F behind James.

G - Bryant
G - Wade
F - James
F - ?
C - Howard

Chronz
03-31-2009, 02:07 AM
Why do you guys think Kobe has no chance of not making 1st team? The MVP is different from All-NBA. I agree he shouldnt be left off, Im just saying, never say never.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-31-2009, 02:10 AM
I love how Melo and Chauncey are on peoples lists...

ARMIN12NBA
03-31-2009, 02:27 AM
Wade
Kobe
Lebron
Duncan
Howard

Lakersfan2483
03-31-2009, 03:09 AM
1st team

D. Wade
K. Bryant
L. James
T. Duncan
D. Howard

2nd team

C. Paul
B. Roy
P. Pierce
D. Nowitzki
Y. Ming

3rd team

C. Billups
D. Williams
C. Anthony
P. Gasol
S. O'neal

nolin
03-31-2009, 03:51 AM
No chance of D will making an all Nba. there are guys like billups and parker who will be picked over him.

Lebron23
03-31-2009, 04:17 AM
1st Team

G: Dwayne Wade
F: Kobe Bryant

2nd Team

G: Brandon Roy

3rd Team

F: Joe Johnson/ Carmelo Anthony
F: David West
C: Shaquille O'Neal

ARMIN12NBA
03-31-2009, 04:31 AM
1st Team

G: Dwayne Wade
F: Kobe Bryant

2nd Team

G: Brandon Roy

3rd Team

F: Joe Johnson/ Carmelo Anthony
F: David West
C: Shaquille O'Neal

I don't think it's possible to switch positions. I always thought it was a 2 guard, 2 forward, and 1 center system.

GoatMilk
03-31-2009, 04:42 AM
I think CP will get on the first team alongside Kobe and Wade
remember a couple years ago Jason Kidd tied with Nash and Kobe and the 1st team had 6 member?