PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think can Honestly beat Cleveland in 7 games?

EHL
03-29-2009, 09:18 PM
With the Playoffs approaching soon and the Cavs gaining the best momentum among any NBA teams along with a HCA at their advantage. Which team(s) can honestly take Cleveland in 7 games?

Hawkeye15
03-29-2009, 09:22 PM
none

x_notorious
03-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Lakers--with a healthy Bynum
Celtics--with a healthy Garnett

bostncelts34
03-29-2009, 09:25 PM
FUlly healthy...

Lakers, boston, spurs.

GoatMilk
03-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Boston and L.A.
i swear if either can get a game in Cleveland before a 7th game, thats series

marlinsfan24
03-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, and Magic(with a healthy Nelson though)

gauth25
03-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Alot of teams can beat the Cavs. Personally I think they won't beat the Celtics. There still too young and the Celtics will boss them around. Also if the Celtics don't beat them and the Lakers and them meet them in the Finals, I think the Lakers can beat them without Bynum.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Lakers and Boston and Spurs

NYMetros
03-29-2009, 09:32 PM
...No one else things it's odd the Heat are in the poll?

I'd say the Jazz, Celtics, Lakers, Magic and Spurs all have the potential to beat Cleveland in a 7 game series.

zambo4president
03-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Bulls.

Steely McBeam
03-29-2009, 09:44 PM
celtics, lakers, spurs and the jazz

Brooke
03-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Celtics, Lakers and Spurs

bostncelts34
03-29-2009, 09:51 PM
also, why the HELL are the heat in this poll?

WHo knows if they will even get by atlanta. Nevermind even having a chance to beat cleveland. Shouldnt the spurs and jazz be on their instead?

cmstophe
03-29-2009, 09:54 PM
LAKERS.

That is all.

Seriously. Cleveland is so dominant at home, the record doesn't even do it justice. Even LA was down 10 at the half @ the Q, I'm not sure how LeBron let his team collapse and lose that game to LA. Odom going off had a huge part to do with it obviously.

Kobe and the Lakers can beat them when the Cavs have home court, and I honestly don't see anyone else. MAYBE Boston, but they havent won at the Q in years.

pad1
03-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Now, why isn' t Oklahoma City up there? :laugh:

Lakers with their hands tied behind their backs

kswissdaf
03-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Celtics.Lakers.Spurs.Hornets.

kswissdaf
03-29-2009, 10:07 PM
And the Heat against the Cavs is always close so the Heat could take the Cavs to 7

jetsfan28
03-29-2009, 10:10 PM
All of the above. Obviously Cleveland can beat them too, but Cleveland isn't perfect, they have weaknesses, any of those teams can beat them if they steal a game or two.

DirtyThirty
03-29-2009, 10:14 PM
im pretty sure its the Magic not the Magics

BullsNumber1Fan
03-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Bulls.

Exactly, I smell an upset coming in the 1st Round if we face them!:p

CoKe WaVe
03-29-2009, 10:31 PM

I'd say the Jazz, Celtics, Lakers, Magic and Spurs all have the potential to beat Cleveland in a 7 game series.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sportfan
03-29-2009, 10:37 PM
lakers and celtics could maybe even Orlando

Kyben36
03-29-2009, 10:38 PM
The Magic can beet anyone if the 3s are falling.
I think Wade would go off on them, but I cant see him carying them past Lebron
I dont think that the Celtics have a chance
Lakers can beet anyone. Not homer but they just can,

You will have to see how everything pans out though

BTownTeamsRKing
03-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, and my underdog: the Hawks from the ATL where the pimps and playas dwell...

Kenny
03-29-2009, 11:16 PM
this cavs team seems to really like each other, there chemistry is fun to see in a NBA team.. I would be surprised if there not holding up the trophy this year.. But theres a reason they play the games

_KB24_
03-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Lakers- with or w/o Bynum.
Celtics- would win with Garnett
Magic- a chance with a healthy Nelson
Jazz- Boozer and Kirelenko must play well
Spurs- Second best team in the NBA when healthy

JordansBulls
03-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Bulls. We are 5-0 in series against the Cavs.
:D

EX-TREME
03-30-2009, 09:34 AM
lakers
magic
celtics
jazz
bulls
and spurs

prodigy
03-30-2009, 09:42 AM
in a 7 game series with cavs having HCA?

Boston- they could hardly beat the cavs last season, Now u add mo, HCA, and boston loses posey and brown. NOPE THEY CAN'T BEAT THE CAVS. cavs in 6.

Magic- OMG, no they can't. cavs in 5 mybe six if nelson is healthy. live by the 3, u die by the 3.

Heat- If they clone wade and make 3 others of him. then yes, until then NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! cavs in 4.

lakers- This is the only team that could beat cleveland. Although game 7 in cleveland for the championship, I just can't see lebron losing that game. cavs in 7.

prodigy
03-30-2009, 09:47 AM
lakers
magic
celtics
jazz
bulls
and spurs

Bulls? is MJ playin? You just lost your fanhood.

Vinny642
03-30-2009, 10:14 AM
I think we can, we already beat them this year... at our home, we split the series 1-1 so I think we can stand a chance.

No offense Heat fans but why are they up there?

nyybronxborn
03-30-2009, 10:20 AM
celtics will beat the cavs

The Prodigy
03-30-2009, 10:22 AM
The teams that can win are the Lakers, Jazz, Hornets,Blazers out west. And the 1-5 seeded teams and the Pistons all have a chance to beat the Cavs

yanks19791024
03-30-2009, 10:24 AM
hawks could win in 7

todu82
03-30-2009, 10:40 AM
The Lakers

JordansBulls
03-30-2009, 10:56 AM
in a 7 game series with cavs having HCA?

Boston- they could hardly beat the cavs last season, Now u add mo, HCA, and boston loses posey and brown. NOPE THEY CAN'T BEAT THE CAVS. cavs in 6.

Magic- OMG, no they can't. cavs in 5 mybe six if nelson is healthy. live by the 3, u die by the 3.

Heat- If they clone wade and make 3 others of him. then yes, until then NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! cavs in 4.

lakers- This is the only team that could beat cleveland. Although game 7 in cleveland for the championship, I just can't see lebron losing that game. cavs in 7.

Good to be confident in your team, but don't come back around if they lose in the playoffs and say Boston was supposed to win or something like that when the Cavs have the HCA throughout.

NYstateofMinD
03-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Honestly though, the Jazz, Spurs, Lakers, and Celtics all have the potential to beat them, but I doubt any of them will this year.

NYstateofMinD
03-30-2009, 10:59 AM
I would like to also add Atlanta. ^^^

NJrockPD
03-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Bulls.

Beat me to it.

WadeCounty
03-30-2009, 11:33 AM

The heat are up there because for some reason they have always been able to hold their own against the cavs even this year would have been the first to give cleveland their first home loss if it wasnt for coaching errors, 2nd game we won, third game we got robbed off and 4th we just sucked. I'm not the only heat fan who think we can beat the cavs, theres just someone that has to step up a bit more cuz of the mo williams factor. We rather play cleveland than boston or orlando

JJ81
03-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Lakers can. Magic can. Boston might be able to.

Kabowdos
03-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Frankly anyone can beat anyone.

Lakers have the best chance.
Spurs are right there and so are the Celtics.

skny_txn
03-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Lakers and Rockets.

#1 - Lakers because Kobe cancels out Lebron. Gasol becomes the X-factor here.

#2 - Rockets because they have 2 lock down defenders in Artest and Battier that can contain Lebron. Yao becomes the X-factor because he works "Z" Ilgauskas over on a regular basis.

Vidball
03-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Lakers, SA, Boston, Utah, maybe Orlando, maybe Houston.

cmstophe
03-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Bulls. We are 5-0 in series against the Cavs.
:D

You're gonna ride that all the way to a 1st round exit :clap:

Kind of a dumb thread if you think about it, there are like 10 teams that CAN beat the Cavs...Celtics, Spurs, Rockets, Magic, Lakers, Atlanta maybe, and a few others....

But most will never even play the Cavs and the phrase "which team CAN" is kind of moot, because any team can beat any team.

ottograham14
03-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Frankly anyone can beat anyone.

Lakers have the best chance.
Spurs are right there and so are the Celtics.

Agree, anyone can beat anyone. But in a seven game series its a little harder since you get to see what each team's game plan is and can cater to that.

I do think that the Cavs still have weaknesses this year that could easily be outsed by the Lakers, Celtics, Houston and San Antonio. Don't see Orlando beating them with the Cavs having HCA nor the Hawks or Heat. All three of those teams could easily take them to 7 game series but I don't see them winning the series.

As for the Bulls, come on people, I know that you are being loyal but they are not going to take out the Cavs in the first round. And everytime I hear you guys say that they are undefeated against the Cavs in the playoffs I just LMAO. That is the worst comeback ever.

Kenny
03-30-2009, 12:45 PM
The heat are up there because for some reason they have always been able to hold their own against the cavs even this year would have been the first to give cleveland their first home loss if it wasnt for coaching errors, 2nd game we won, third game we got robbed off and 4th we just sucked. I'm not the only heat fan who think we can beat the cavs, theres just someone that has to step up a bit more cuz of the mo williams factor. We rather play cleveland than boston or orlando

LOL, people on this site just dont realize how good this cavs team is yet apparently

LA412
03-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Boston, LA

what54!?
03-30-2009, 12:53 PM
The lakers ( they can beat them in their house) and the C's when healthy. (Their still the defending champs so until their knocked off they're still the team to beat)

Lindystud36
03-30-2009, 01:11 PM
There is always someone bigger, badder, faster and stronger than the next guy. No one is the GOAT because on any day they can be beat. Some teams have gone undefeated, individuals won every race, or every match, but no one is unbeatable. Lebron and his cast are very championship worthy. But this is the Professionals, the Celtics won it last year and are more than capable of beating them. The lakers are legit as are many other teams. To ask the question CANanyone beat the cavs is just a waste of thought. OF COURSE THEY CAN BE BEATEN.

Vinny642
03-30-2009, 01:13 PM
lol im dumb and late
WTF does GOAT stand for?

dudeonthemoon
03-30-2009, 01:14 PM
bulls.

hahahaha omg are you serious :d they'll be lucky if they get past game 4 but i think the lakers and boston should be able to pull it out but the cavs are just beyond phenomenal @ home

cmoneytakemoney
03-30-2009, 01:16 PM
I know the Celtics can. I seen them completely dismantle Cleveland without KG 3 weeks ago. Pierce defends Lebron about as good as anyone and Stephon and Mikki Moore are starting to gel nice with the 2nd unit. When we get Tony Allen and Leon Powe back we are going to be deep and tough.

zambo4president
03-30-2009, 01:37 PM
hahahaha omg are you serious :d they'll be lucky if they get past game 4 but i think the lakers and boston should be able to pull it out but the cavs are just beyond phenomenal @ home

Yeah i am serious, and of course its a Heat fan trying to start something.

lorenz00
03-30-2009, 01:42 PM
lakers and celtics

Jahari Kavi
03-30-2009, 02:12 PM
without bynum I'm questioning if the lakers can even make it out of the west...........I'm still not sold on the celtics, because they won't have homecourt this time and I'm not sure what KG will look like......although I can't stand watching them play I must mention the spurs in this discussion (that's if Manu is healthy)

Jahari Kavi
03-30-2009, 02:18 PM
the jazz aren't making it out the western conference....must we forget that they can't win on the road...................

lakerboy
03-30-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm very confident the Lakers could beat the Celtics in a 7 game series.

Not just a homer pick, but I really closely watched the Lakers and Cavs games. Cleveland simply doesn't have any answer to Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom. They are taller than the Cavs front court, and just flat out more athletic. If you watched the two games we played them, offensively, we just raped them inside the paint. Odom had 20+, Pau had 20+. When we had Bynum, and they didn't have Z, we just blew them out. When we didn't have Bynum, Odom just dominated the paint. It's funny how many times he just tapped the ball to himself, and away from Z. He made him look 40.

Defensively, the Lakers, bigger and more athletic, just clog the lane inside. Check the stats in both games, I'm too lazy to do so. Cavs are too small for the Lakers, and they just kept jacking outside shots. It went in in the first half of the second game, everything they threw in went in. Cavs led by 10 in the first half. If you remember, PJ was interviewed and he said something like "we'll just keep doing what we are doing, they are going to start to miss." They did. We beat them in their homecourt.

Even my cousin, who is the biggest Cavs homer knows this. The weakness of Cleveland is guarding long and athletic Cs and PFs. Z is 7'3", but is too slow too and not really that tough defender. Big Ben Wallace is 6'8,, Anderson Varejao is 6'10", Joe Smith is 6'10", and Hickson is 6'9". All of them are small, slow, and weak as well.

I think every Cav fan should know about this weakness.

I think Lakers, Jazz, and Celtics have a great shot at upsetting the Cavs.

PS.
I didn't even talk about Kobe. He was sick in the second game. And yeah, if the two teams meet in the finals, I wouldn't be surprise if Gasol wins the Finals MVP. He'll have mismatches all night long.

prodigy
03-30-2009, 02:37 PM
People are so bias against cleveland in general, that they say stupid stuff such as the bulls, heat beating cleveland in 7 games. Which is clearly not going to happen. Its nice to believe in your own team, But lets be real. Also why are jazz, hornets, spurs, rocckets in the conversation? Your not beating the lakers so who cares if you could beat the cavs in 7 games.

But to use common since, if it was a 1 game series, then sure any pro team could beat the cavs, lakers, boston, magic whatever. But in a 7 games series, the real threats to cleveland is boston and the lakers. Go to the bottom of page two, and you will see my thoughts on them.

cmoneytakemoney
03-30-2009, 02:41 PM

Not just a homer pick, but I really closely watched the Lakers and Cavs games. Cleveland simply doesn't have any answer to Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom. They are taller than the Cavs front court, and just flat out more athletic. If you watched the two games we played them, offensively, we just raped them inside the paint. Odom had 20+, Pau had 20+. When we had Bynum, and they didn't have Z, we just blew them out. When we didn't have Bynum, Odom just dominated the paint. It's funny how many times he just tapped the ball to himself, and away from Z. He made him look 40.

Defensively, the Lakers, bigger and more athletic, just clog the lane inside. Check the stats in both games, I'm too lazy to do so. Cavs are too small for the Lakers, and they just kept jacking outside shots. It went in in the first half of the second game, everything they threw in went in. Cavs led by 10 in the first half. If you remember, PJ was interviewed and he said something like "we'll just keep doing what we are doing, they are going to start to miss." They did. We beat them in their homecourt.

Even my cousin, who is the biggest Cavs homer knows this. The weakness of Cleveland is guarding long and athletic Cs and PFs. Z is 7'3", but is too slow too and not really that tough defender. Big Ben Wallace is 6'8,, Anderson Varejao is 6'10", Joe Smith is 6'10", and Hickson is 6'9". All of them are small, slow, and weak as well.

I think every Cav fan should know about this weakness.

PS.
I didn't even talk about Kobe. He was sick in the second game. And yeah, if the two teams meet in the finals, I wouldn't be surprise if Gasol wins the Finals MVP. He'll have mismatches all night long.

You forgot one thing. The Lakers have absolutely no answer for Lebron James. I think he would take over the series and the Cavs would beat the Lakers fairly easy just like the Celtics did last year.

Jahari Kavi
03-30-2009, 02:42 PM

Not just a homer pick, but I really closely watched the Lakers and Cavs games. Cleveland simply doesn't have any answer to Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom. They are taller than the Cavs front court, and just flat out more athletic. If you watched the two games we played them, offensively, we just raped them inside the paint. Odom had 20+, Pau had 20+. When we had Bynum, and they didn't have Z, we just blew the mout.

Defensively, the Lakers, bigger and more athletic, just clog the lane inside. Check the stats in both games, I'm too lazy to do so.

Cavs are too small for the Lakers, and they just kept jacking outside shots. It went in in the first half of the second game, everything they threw in went in. Cavs led by 10 in the first half. If you remember, PJ was interviewed and he said something like "we'll just keep doing what we are doing, they are going to start to miss." They did. We beat them in their homecourt.

Even my cousin, who is the biggest Cavs homer knows this. The weakness of Cleveland is guarding long and athletic Cs and PFs. Z is 7'3", but is too slow too and not really that tough defender. Big Ben Wallace is 6'8, and Anderson Varejao is 6'10"

I think every Cav fan should know this weakness.

PS.
I didn't even talk about Kobe. He and James just cancel out.

You make good points, but I think Cleveland had a tough time matching up with the lakers partly, because of their injuries when they played the lakers. In the 1st matchup Illgauskas and West were hurt and in the 2nd matchup Palvolvic hurt himself in the 2nd half. Palvolvic can be a putz at times, but his length is important on the defensive end, because you can place him on Kobe at times and switch James over to Odom

prodigy
03-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Not just a homer pick, but I really closely watched the Lakers and Cavs games. Cleveland simply doesn't have any answer to Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom. They are taller than the Cavs front court, and just flat out more athletic. .

True you guys did rape us. But I'm not even sure Z played in the second game, If he did he was banged up bad. west did not play, which forced sasha to see the court to cover kobe, and lebron to cover kobe more. With a healthy west, lebron could cover odom, which odom would then be a non factor. Plus odom is a guy who likes to hide, so he's inconsistant.

Then when gasol sits, the cavs could go small and beat you there. Then We will be hoping on AB to play so he can show your offense down.

tdunk21
03-30-2009, 02:53 PM
spurs, lakers, celtics

Lakersfan2483
03-30-2009, 03:00 PM
With the Playoffs approaching soon and the Cavs gaining the best momentum among any NBA teams along with a HCA at their advantage. Which team(s) can honestly take Cleveland in 7 games?

In the East: Boston and Orlando

In the West: Lakers and Spurs

lakerboy
03-30-2009, 03:28 PM
True you guys did rape us. But I'm not even sure Z played in the second game, If he did he was banged up bad. west did not play, which forced sasha to see the court to cover kobe, and lebron to cover kobe more. With a healthy west, lebron could cover odom, which odom would then be a non factor. Plus odom is a guy who likes to hide, so he's inconsistant.

Then when gasol sits, the cavs could go small and beat you there. Then We will be hoping on AB to play so he can show your offense down.

You make good points, but I think Cleveland had a tough time matching up with the lakers partly, because of their injuries when they played the lakers. In the 1st matchup Illgauskas and West were hurt and in the 2nd matchup Palvolvic hurt himself in the 2nd half. Palvolvic can be a putz at times, but his length is important on the defensive end, because you can place him on Kobe at times and switch James over to Odom

Z played in the second game, and I just checked, he actually had a pretty decent game (22pts, 9rebs, 9/16 from the field). If he were banged, I don't think it would be that bad. If you're going to factor in being banged up or fatigued, Cleveland was the last game of a 6 game road trip for us (after playing the Celtics)

You're also right, West was injured, and Palvovic was injured during the game. But did that really matter much? Wally Z scored 16 pts in that game, including 4 triples. He did much more than what Palvovic could have done. Defensively, Cavs didn't even need him to guard Kobe. Kobe was just quiet the entire night (he was sick). All we needed was our big men to make the short-ranged baskets.

Delonte West would make an impact, but I don't think it will be that significant. He won't solve the height differential,. he'll just only make them smaller. He is 6'3, and is on the 2 spot. Can he guard Kobe? There's nobody in your starting line up that could guard Kobe. Just LBJ,. He'll have to take that job anyway.

So either way, you're not going to be playing Mo Williams (6'1") and Delonte West (6'3") together. I'm telling you, Cleveland is just too small.

Atl Bill
03-30-2009, 03:33 PM
lets talk realistically. Hawks will beat heat so the three teams outta the east bos,orl,atl. outta the west la,sa,utah. those six teams have the best chance to actually play the cavs and they can actually beat them in 7 or less

lakerboy
03-30-2009, 03:36 PM

I partially agree with you. The Lakers bench worry me. It's a good thing Pau and Odom won't be resting much in the playoffs.

And please don't talk smack about AB. You don't want to see another 7 foot monster from LA.

Teeboy1487
03-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Boston, LA, San Antonio, Houston, and the Magic because the Cavs are weak in post Defense and those are the strengths in offense of those teams. The Cavs don't give up a lot of threes, but their lack of size could hurt them in the long run. Also, Lebron has to be great every game for them to win. Those teams best player can struggle and they still can win. They do have HCA which helps them greatly, but the teams I mentioned are good road teams.

GspLAL
03-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Celtics will beat Cavs

wwwhat
03-30-2009, 03:49 PM
I'd say Celtics. Fully healthy they're the best defensive team in the league. And Paul Pierce could be the one guy who could slow down Lebron one on one. Kobe is supposed to be a great defender but I rarely see it. And he doesn't have the kind of strength to defend Lebron like he needs. Should everything come together and Rondo is playing well, I'd pick the Celts over the Cavs.

agoody117
03-30-2009, 03:56 PM
I think the celtics and the lakers have plenty of talent to beat the cavs.

for one, I still do not trust Lebron to take a last second shot.

also, what people forget about last year's playoffs was that Ray Allen was in one of his worst funks EVER. Thus, we struggled against the hawks and the cavs. With Allen on his game, we can spread the floor and make room for Pierce to get in the lane (where he is a beast) and KG to do his thing.

still, cavs make me nervous.

Life'sABrees
03-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Why is it that in sports discussion the term can gets turned into will... Plenty of teams "can" beat the Cavs. If I had to choose right now I'd say the Cavs would be my favorite to win it all, but that's not saying that the Celtics, The Lakers, The Spurs, The Hornets, The Magic etc. etc. etc. couldn't have a good series and pull off the upset. Certainly all these teams have the personnel on their squads to take out this team so I'll say, whichever team faces them can beat them.

DCLAFAN
03-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Lakers and dwight howard, i think the celtics/spurs lost a step to everyone this season

Diggy_2
03-30-2009, 04:12 PM
i think the bulls can win the series with a buzzer beater by BG

macc
03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Why is it that in sports discussion the term can gets turned into will... Plenty of teams "can" beat the Cavs. If I had to choose right now I'd say the Cavs would be my favorite to win it all, but that's not saying that the Celtics, The Lakers, The Spurs, The Hornets, The Magic etc. etc. etc. couldn't have a good series and pull off the upset. Certainly all these teams have the personnel on their squads to take out this team so I'll say, whichever team faces them can beat them.

I agree, all we do is give out our opinions. Its our teams that have to do the dirty work and back up all the stuff we talk them up to be. In any case as a Magic fan I would rather face Clevland then Boston. Like it or not Boston is still the champs and until somone tops them then they are the team to beat. IMHO

BTownTeamsRKing
03-30-2009, 04:24 PM
I agree, all we do is give out our opinions. Its our teams that have to do the dirty work and back up all the stuff we talk them up to be. In any case as a Magic fan I would rather face Clevland then Boston. Like it or not Boston is still the champs and until somone tops them then they are the team to beat. IMHO

hey we agree on something. all this talk is just well talk. as a Boston fan, all i hear is Boston has no chance vs cleveland, well thats your opinions (not yours macc) but let me say ill be the first in line to remind those ppl of those comments.

i learned my lesson with the Patriots in 07. Underestimate your opponent and u will never hear the end of it. so ima leave it at that.

Atl Bill
03-30-2009, 04:27 PM
I think the celtics and the lakers have plenty of talent to beat the cavs.

for one, I still do not trust Lebron to take a last second shot.

also, what people forget about last year's playoffs was that Ray Allen was in one of his worst funks EVER. Thus, we struggled against the hawks and the cavs. With Allen on his game, we can spread the floor and make room for Pierce to get in the lane (where he is a beast) and KG to do his thing.

still, cavs make me nervous.

^^^^^^

that is no excuse that . Ray Allen still made plenty of shots celtics had a weakness exposed against both the hawks on cavs. they couldnt play on the road and they broke down on defense. also, the cavs played the celts very well at home n on the road n if they won a game at boston we'd have ourselves a differnt nba team as the champions. last year proved it every team is vulnerable and in a 7 game series teams focus just on a particular team which makes it hard to predict bc of all the implemented strategy and enough time to adjust in the series to win

hotpotato1092
03-30-2009, 04:32 PM
The Lakers beat the Cavs in Cleveland without Bynum, I think with a healthy Bynum they'll handle the Cavs, at least this year.

Jahari Kavi
03-30-2009, 04:35 PM
You're also right, West was injured, and Palvovic was injured during the game. But did that really matter much? Wally Z scored 16 pts in that game, including 4 triples. He did much more than what Palvovic could have done. Defensively, Cavs didn't even need him to guard Kobe. Kobe was just quiet the entire night (he was sick). All we needed was our big men to make the short-ranged baskets.

Delonte West would make an impact, but I don't think it will be that significant. He won't solve the height differential,. he'll just only make them smaller. He is 6'3, and is on the 2 spot. Can he guard Kobe? There's nobody in your starting line up that could guard Kobe. Just LBJ,. He'll have to take that job anyway.

So either way, you're not going to be playing Mo Williams (6'1") and Delonte West (6'3") together. I'm telling you, Cleveland is just too small.

offensively wally > palvolvic, but palvolvic is better defensively. West is a good defender as well. Although length can be important there have been plenty of great on the ball defenders who were never that tall (Dumars, Lindsey Hunter, Payton, etc.)........by placing West or Palvolvic on Bryant you allow James to play Odom on defense.........Ray Allen is about 6'4 but he played Bryant fairly good last year in the finals.....no one is going to "stop" Kobe, because you just can't do that, but Palvolvic and West should be able to defend him pretty decently throughout the game.

ctullo245
03-30-2009, 04:37 PM
I am going with the Knicks on this one, because I mean thats about as realistic as the Heat lol

lakerboy
03-30-2009, 05:03 PM
offensively wally > palvolvic, but palvolvic is better defensively. West is a good defender as well. Although length can be important there have been plenty of great on the ball defenders who were never that tall (Dumars, Lindsey Hunter, Payton, etc.)........by placing West or Palvolvic on Bryant you allow James to play Odom on defense.........Ray Allen is about 6'4 but he played Bryant fairly good last year in the finals.....no one is going to "stop" Kobe, because you just can't do that, but Palvolvic and West should be able to defend him pretty decently throughout the game.

Delonte West on Kobe Bryant would be suicide. It's like putting JJ Barea on LBJ. Nobody can stop the two players, but come on, put at least a decent defender to make their life harder. Cavs SHOULD PUT and WILL PUT Palvovic on Kobe. No way Coach Brown is going to have West on Kobe. I just can't see it. It has disaster written all over it.

Are you seriously going to put Mo Williams (6'1") and Delonte West (6'3") on the floor against the Lakers starters? They are too small.

prodigy
03-30-2009, 05:06 PM
I partially agree with you. The Lakers bench worry me. It's a good thing Pau and Odom won't be resting much in the playoffs.

And please don't talk smack about AB. You don't want to see another 7 foot monster from LA.

The thing is, The playoffs in the west will be killer, If oyu guys don't use depth, gasol will get tired. Odom does not scare me. Very inconsistant, and if west is healthy we can put lebron on him from time to time.

AB would hurt you guys more then help. Because even if he comes back, what kind of basketball shape will he be in? Plus the guys will have to get use to using him again. I hope he plays.

Cavs will most likely go 8 mybe 9 deep in the playoffs. Which makes them even more dangerous.

cmstophe
03-30-2009, 05:08 PM
The Lakers beat the Cavs in Cleveland without Bynum, I think with a healthy Bynum they'll handle the Cavs, at least this year.

"handle"?

Lakers are always using "without Bynum" as an excuse, lol. Neither team was 100%. We'll see what happens in the Finals if both make it. I doubt either team is "handling" the other

prodigy
03-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Delonte West on Kobe Bryant would be suicide. It's like putting JJ Barea on LBJ. Nobody can stop the two players, but come on, put at least a decent defender to make their life harder. Cavs SHOULD PUT and WILL PUT Palvovic on Kobe. No way Coach Brown is going to have West on Kobe. I just can't see it. It has disaster written all over it.

Are you seriously going to put Mo Williams (6'1") and Delonte West (6'3") on the floor against the Lakers starters? They are too small.

you don't know much about west do you? he is a very good defender, also very good shooter. He's someone who can make kobe work on both sides of the court, and try to wear him down. true, you will not stop kobe or lebron unless they just have bad nights. But you can slow them down. Something west can do. Plus west's hair is about 3inches.

also, no, the cavs are going to release mo williams and west since they are to small. fisher is what? 7'6 right? so ya williams can't match that. lol, I think you need to take a step back and let smarter laker fans have a say.

Jahari Kavi
03-30-2009, 05:18 PM

I see that you are no student of the game, lol

you don't know much about west do you? he is a very good defender, also very good shooter. He's someone who can make kobe work on both sides of the court, and try to wear him down. true, you will not stop kobe or lebron unless they just have bad nights. But you can slow them down. Something west can do. Plus west's hair is about 3inches.

also, no, the cavs are going to release mo williams and west since htey are to small. fisher is what? 7'6 right? so ya williams can't match that. lol, I think you need to take a step back and let smarter laker fans have a say.

I pretty much agree

Jahari Kavi
03-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Odom does not scare me

I've always liked Lamar Odom's game since the clippers, but inconsistency should be his middle name.......How do you go 4 straight games of throwing up ridiculous 20 and 15 numbers to becoming a total non-factor?????

Teeboy1487
03-30-2009, 05:23 PM

also, no, the cavs are going to release mo williams and west since htey are to small. fisher is what? 7'6 right? so ya williams can't match that. lol, I think you need to take a step back and let smarter laker fans have a say.
West on kobe? :eyebrow: I would take that match up anyday of the week. People accused us of homerism, but this takes the cake :laugh2:. The cavs are good, but they can be beat. The cavs are just hot right now, but it won't mean nothing in the playoffs.

KINGofKINGS28
03-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Celtics have,can, and will beat them if they have too...

Jahari Kavi
West on kobe? :eyebrow: I would take that match up anyday of the week. People accused us of homerism, but this takes the cake :laugh2:. The cavs are good, but they can be beat. The cavs are just hot right now, but it won't mean nothing in the playoffs.

It's a given that no one is going to stop Kobe or Lebron, but solid defenders can at least slow them down a tad......when it gets late they both will be guarding each other......

lakerboy
The thing is, The playoffs in htwe west will be killer, If oyu guys don't use depth, gasol will get tired. Odom does not scare me. Very inconsistant, and if west is healthy we can put lebron on him from time to time.

AB would hurt you guys more then help. Because even if he comes back, what kind of basketball shape will he be in? Plus the guys will have to get use to using him again. I hope he plays.

Cavs will most likely go 8 mybe 9 deep in the playoffs. Which makes them even more dangerous.

The playoffs in the west will be a cakewalk compared to what you will have in the East. We'll get probably get a weeks rest if we sweep one of the series

I think the match ups will really disappoint you. LBJ will end up guarding Ariza. Delonte West vs Kobe Bryant. Our big men will beat you.

And don't give me that AB will slow us down. Come on., are you kidding me? AB is better than any of your bench players. Joe Smith, Hickson?

cmstophe

he isnt saying West is going to shut Kobe down.

But he will slow Kobe down, even if just a bit. Nobody is going to "stop" Kobe freaking Bryant. But you put the best body you can on him and it'd be West in that situation.

Teeboy1487
03-30-2009, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=Jahari Kavi;8889246]I see that you are no student of the game, lol
What makes you the professor? :rolleyes: The guy has a right to his opinion. I agree west is a good defender, but his size will hurt him against kobe or wade for that matter.

lakerboy
03-30-2009, 05:29 PM
It's a given that no one is going to stop Kobe or Lebron, but solid defenders can at least slow them down a tad......when it gets late they both will be guarding each other......

I hold the same belief. Nobody can stop Kobe and LBJ. But if we want to slow down LBJ, our best shot would be Ariza and Kobe.

Putting Fisher or Walton would pretty much be a suicide, and we're not doing that.

Now you have Palvovic and LBJ. These players are your best shot at slowing down Kobe. NOT Delonte West.

Teeboy1487
03-30-2009, 05:31 PM
he isnt saying West is going to shut Kobe down.

But he will slow Kobe down, even if just a bit. Nobody is going to "stop" Kobe freaking Bryant. But you put the best body you can on him and it'd be West in that situation. The way prodigy is talking, he acts like west is another artest. Even Artest himself have trouble slowing kobe down. Sorry if I seem arrogant, but it is the true.

prodigy
03-30-2009, 05:31 PM

lakers can be beat.

Jahari Kavi
03-30-2009, 05:34 PM
I hold the same belief. Nobody can stop Kobe and LBJ. But if we want to slow down LBJ, our best shot would be Ariza and Kobe.

Putting Fisher or Walton would pretty much be a suicide, and we're not doing that.

Now you have Palvovic and LBJ. These players are your best shot at slowing down Kobe. NOT Delonte West.

I'm not a cavs fan, lol..but it's okay

The way prodigy is talking, he acts like west is another artest. Even Artest himself have trouble slowing kobe down. Sorry if I seem arrogant, but it is the true.

when it comes down to it the cavs always seem to do a fairly decent job when guarding kobe.......Kobe will get his...........

prodigy
03-30-2009, 05:34 PM
The way prodigy is talking, he acts like west is another artest. Even Artest himself have trouble slowing kobe down. Sorry if I seem arrogant, but it is the true.

Nope not at all. But west is a very good defender. Can he shut kobe out? of course not. But he can make kobe work, then lebron can take over in the 4th. Your acting like west is a complete bum, and kobe will go for 568pts against him lol. Not going to happen.

lakerboy
03-30-2009, 05:37 PM

I agree. Guarding Kobe is as hard as guarding LBJ.

But this guy keeps insisting starting Delonte West 6'3 and Mo Williams 6'1 against LA would be a good idea. Delonte West is too small to even try and guard Kobe. At least Palvovic would be decent.

GspLAL
03-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Nope not at all. But west is a very good defender. Can he shut kobe out? of course not. But he can make kobe work, then lebron can take over in the 4th. Your acting like west is a complete bum, and kobe will go for 568pts against him lol. Not going to happen.

dont talk **** to kobe he just might :D

lakerboy
03-30-2009, 05:38 PM

West is not a bum. He can guard Chris Paul, Fisher, Baron Davis and Steve Nash. But he is just too small. This is like asking a featherweight champion fight a lightweight champion (with the height, reach, and length factors) Not a good idea.

RaiderLakersA's
03-30-2009, 05:42 PM
I think the Cavs are riding a good wave right now, but the playoffs are a different beast entirely. If the Celts get healthy, they can be trouble for the Cavs. And I wouldn't close the door on Atlanta just yet.

As far as the Championship, whichever team comes out of the West will present a challenge for Cleveland.

Jahari Kavi
03-30-2009, 05:43 PM
West will guard kobe during certain junctures of the game, it's not like he's going to be guarding him every minute on the floor..........

Jahari Kavi
03-30-2009, 05:46 PM
although I do believe the cavs will make it out the east and win the title if I had to pick a team to beat them I'd say the celtics..............the lakers are still too soft imo and their defense can be poor at times. If the lakers had a healthy Bynum I might pick them to go all the way......

Gibby23
03-30-2009, 05:53 PM
although I do believe the cavs will make it out the east and win the title if I had to pick a team to beat them I'd say the celtics..............the lakers are still too soft imo and their defense can be poor at times. If the lakers had a healthy Bynum I might pick them to go all the way......

Look back at the 2 games the Lakers and Cavs played. The Lakers beat them in the paint without Bynum. And Bynum is close to being back, probabbly about 7 to 10 days away.

Teeboy1487
03-30-2009, 06:06 PM
lakers can be beat.:)

KB24PG16
03-30-2009, 06:18 PM
the Laker's because i just don't believe the Cavs defense is as good as Boston's + they don't have anyone except Lebron(if they even put him on Kobe) that can have chance. the Laker's are going to have to probably take a game or 2 in Cleveland

mvp24crc
03-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Lakers !!!

MossIsBoss
03-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Lakers for sure, Celtics probably could, I think Orlando and Atlanta could too, and San Antonio...the Cavs are much improved since they met in the finals the last 2 years, but SA could still keep LeBron in check.

the_watcher
03-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Well considering the Lakers beat them twice this year, and since they're the only visiting team to win in Cleveland this year, I would have to say them. Right now I think the Lakers are the best team in the league.

cmstophe
03-30-2009, 06:53 PM
I think the Cavs are riding a good wave right now, but the playoffs are a different beast entirely. If the Celts get healthy, they can be trouble for the Cavs. And I wouldn't close the door on Atlanta just yet.

As far as the Championship, whichever team comes out of the West will present a challenge for Cleveland.

You act like the Cavs, an extremely battle-hardened/tested team, don't know this. They are known for stepping their game up in the playoffs which is kind of scary.

JayW_1023
03-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Lol at the Heat being in this poll. Replace them with San Antonio and then it's more credible.

I think the Spurs can actually beat the Cavs if they are healthy and focused, but not in less. The Lakers and Celtics have a fifty fifty shot to beat Cleveland within at least 6 games. Emphasis on 'at least'.

The Magic, maybe...not sure about them yet.

dolfan720
03-30-2009, 07:51 PM
anyone there gonna blow it

RealistRocket34
03-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Celtics and the Lakers, I wish we had multiple options though I voted for Boston.

Kenny
03-30-2009, 08:47 PM
You guys are talking about individual defensive matchups when one guy isnt going to be guarding lebron or kobe... Defense is a team effort

EHL
03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
also, why the HELL are the heat in this poll?

Miami is one of those teams who showed they can beat Cleveland convincingly.

IMO, Wade can outplay Lebron in a series, and this can be a factor in a 7 game match.

Vinny642
03-30-2009, 09:19 PM
We beat the Cavs this season why aren't we up there? at least be and "other" option

EHL
03-30-2009, 09:25 PM
We beat the Cavs this season why aren't we up there? at least be and "other" option

Yeah I figured, but no disrespect, I dont think the Hornets would make the FInals this year.

Vinny642
03-30-2009, 09:31 PM
.....I don't either but i think if healthy they have the team to do it.

EHL
03-30-2009, 09:33 PM
.....I don't either but i think if healthy they have the team to do it.

Yes, absolutely.

Lebron23
03-30-2009, 09:34 PM
None of the Above.

Korman12
03-30-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm kinda surprised people are still slightly underrating this Cleveland team. A healthy Celtics team stands a great chance to take them out of the playoffs, but outside of Boston I don't think there's a single team in the East that could knock them out, aside from a small, small possibility of Orlando.

I feel the Lakers with a healthy Bynum have the best chance against them. Really, no one else though.

Certainly not the Bulls or Heat. It's a nice pipe-dream, but very very unlikely.

Kakaroach
03-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Just the Lakers and Celtics. So I voted for the Lakers cuz who knows the health of KG come playoff time.

JayW_1023
03-30-2009, 10:39 PM
A MOTIVATED healthy Lakers team would beat any team in this league in 6 or less. Including the Cavs.

But if we get the team in last years Finals, with or without Bynum...they are far from a lock.

With the Lakers it's all between the ears. They have to combined talent to blow any team out of the water in a playoff series.

They just need some killer instinct and defensive toughness and they will most likely win it all.

Sad, but realistic...gee the Spurs have never been such a distant second in the West since, well...Duncans rookie year?

unwantedplayer
03-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Whoever wins the road games, wins the series. I'm pretty sure the Lakers can handle the Cavs, but the Celtics, as well all know from last year, have a tough time away from home.

prodigy
03-31-2009, 07:42 AM
I agree. Guarding Kobe is as hard as guarding LBJ.

But this guy keeps insisting starting Delonte West 6'3 and Mo Williams 6'1 against LA would be a good idea. Delonte West is too small to even try and guard Kobe. At least Palvovic would be decent.

Why do you keep bringing mo williams into this? fisher is 6'1 to buddy. williams will most likely tourch you guys the entire series.

prodigy
03-31-2009, 07:50 AM
West is not a bum. He can guard Chris Paul, Fisher, Baron Davis and Steve Nash. But he is just too small. This is like asking a featherweight champion fight a lightweight champion (with the height, reach, and length factors) Not a good idea.

Once again, you clearly do not know your basketball. West DOES NOT cover PGS. He is use to covering people bigger then him.

But you need to understand that kobe will get his no matter who's covering him, The key will be stopping everyone else. With west on kobe, lebron can cover odom, odom will do nothing. Then we can even bring sasha in off the bench. Kobe with be facing different fresh guys all night. Thats why I love the cavs chances.

favre_4life
03-31-2009, 08:06 AM
Why do you keep bringing mo williams into this? fisher is 6'1 to buddy. williams will most likely tourch you guys the entire series.

I highly doubt that, despite Fisher's age he can still defend very very well.
BTW I think the Lakers, Spurs, and Celtics all have a good chance of beating CLeveland.

69centers
03-31-2009, 08:42 AM
Cleveland's bench isn't strong enough for them to beat the Lakers or Celtics in a playoff series. Daniel Gibson, Wally Sczerbiak, and Joe Smith aren't going to bring them a ring.

tjlipford
03-31-2009, 08:51 AM
What are y'all talking about? The old San Antonio Spurs cannot beat the Cavs in series anymore healthy or not. We are the best team out East and they are not the best in the West. The Lakers will beat them again this year in 5 or 6 games. San Antonio is a goodteam, but are too old. The Heat :( come on. They will win Maybe one game if we played them in a series. Wade is a monster, but not better than Lebron, end of that sentence. Now before Jameer got hurt Orlando had the best record in East. Orlando is big and will be a problem for anyone in the playoffs. Dwight would bang the h*** out of our big men though can't even lie. I think that series will go 7 (I would be suprised if it didn't go 7). A healthy Boston will give us fits. But seeing that neither team can win on the other's floor, and we will have HCA throughout I don't see Boston doing it this year. Also Lebron don't keep losing to the same team more than once (i.e. Detroit) HaHaHa. The Lakers are the only team that I feel can beat us in a series. Especially if they get Bynum back and healthy. In my opinion they are going to run through the West again this year. They are way better than the West teams and their record shows. So only one team can beat us in a series the Lakers!!!!!!

I didn't mention the Hawks, and all these teams who are good, but not at all contenders for a ring.

tjlipford
03-31-2009, 09:02 AM
Cleveland's bench isn't strong enough for them to beat the Lakers or Celtics in a playoff series. Daniel Gibson, Wally Sczerbiak, and Joe Smith aren't going to bring them a ring.
WTF are you talking about? Our bench isn't strong enough!!!!! Are bench is better than y'all bench. Y'all have the bench problem. Y'all won the ring last year and thats fine. We was one shot away from beating y'all last year and are team is better now and y'all got older, slower, and y'all lost Posey. Whose gonna check Lebron???????, y'all are old and Lebron is coming for y'all. GUARANTEE it. I know y'all are scared up their in Boston. Everybody knows y'all are gonna lose to us. I hope KG comes back 110% cuz I don't want no excuses. Who do y'all have on your bench?? O I forgot Starbust, Mikki mouse, Malik no Tony Allen I don't know some guy name Allen, Scalabum, and Powe who is actually ok, House, Big(Cry) baby and some guy named GABE (lol), I don't want to mention the rest, y'all are done and everybody knows it.

PS: Good luck with Orlando in the second round (LOL).

MARK MY WORDS: BOSTON WILL NOT BEAT CLEVELAND THIS YEAR. It will be a good series, but we are too good now.

prodigy
03-31-2009, 11:18 AM
WTF are you talking about? Our bench isn't strong enough!!!!! Are bench is better than y'all bench. Y'all have the bench problem. Y'all won the ring last year and thats fine. We was one shot away from beating y'all last year and are team is better now and y'all got older, slower, and y'all lost Posey. Whose gonna check Lebron???????, y'all are old and Lebron is coming for y'all. GUARANTEE it. I know y'all are scared up their in Boston. Everybody knows y'all are gonna lose to us. I hope KG comes back 110% cuz I don't want no excuses. Who do y'all have on your bench?? O I forgot Starbust, Mikki mouse, Malik no Tony Allen I don't know some guy name Allen, Scalabum, and Powe who is actually ok, House, Big(Cry) baby and some guy named GABE (lol), I don't want to mention the rest, y'all are done and everybody knows it.

MARK MY WORDS: BOSTON WILL NOT BEAT CLEVELAND THIS YEAR. It will be a good series, but we are too good now.

man thats alot of y'all's. But your right. the cavs bench is 9-10 deep. I'm not sure what the cavs will do when wallace gets back but the bench could be...

wallace,
wally,
gibson,
smith,
jackson(banger only, although he can hit open shots.)
sasha,

all besides jackson HAVE BEEN STARTERS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!

won't be used

wright
hickson( to young, makes rookie mistakes)
tinsley

Just loaded. lets see the lakers and bostons lol.

IBleedPurple
03-31-2009, 12:25 PM
the Heat? :laugh:

1) Lakers
2) Celtics
3) Spurs
4) with some extreme homerism here.......Nuggets
5) Jazz

prodigy
03-31-2009, 12:57 PM
the Heat? :laugh:

1) Lakers
2) Celtics
3) Spurs
4) with some extreme homerism here.......Nuggets
5) Jazz

once again read the forum topic. Jazz, nuggets and spurs will not beat the lakers. so who care's what they can do.

cmstophe
03-31-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm kinda surprised people are still slightly underrating this Cleveland team. A healthy Celtics team stands a great chance to take them out of the playoffs, but outside of Boston I don't think there's a single team in the East that could knock them out, aside from a small, small possibility of Orlando.

I feel the Lakers with a healthy Bynum have the best chance against them. Really, no one else though.

Certainly not the Bulls or Heat. It's a nice pipe-dream, but very very unlikely.

Nobody gets to actually see Cleveland games, so they just judge what they see from highlights and what they want to believe.

Vidball
03-31-2009, 03:24 PM
Cavs have a weakness defending athletic bigs--Gasol/Bynum/Odom would be a nightmare for them. Anybody see Odom's stat line against the Cavs last month? I think BOS and SA would both be tougher matchups for the Lakers.

tjlipford
03-31-2009, 03:29 PM
man thats alot of y'all's. But your right. the cavs bench is 9-10 deep. I'm not sure what the cavs will do when wallace gets back but the bench could be...

wallace,
wally,
gibson,
smith,
jackson(banger only, although he can hit open shots.)
sasha,

all besides jackson HAVE BEEN STARTERS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!

won't be used

wright
hickson( to young, makes rookie mistakes)
tinsley

Just loaded. lets see the lakers and bostons lol.
LOL, I know. I think are bench is way better than Bostons though and our bench is obviously playing better than the Lakers. But I think the Lakers have a better bench (talent wise) it's just sometimes they act lost out there and they shoot too many 3's.

tjlipford
03-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Cavs have a weakness defending athletic bigs--Gasol/Bynum/Odom would be a nightmare for them. Anybody see Odom's stat line against the Cavs last month? I think BOS and SA would both be tougher matchups for the Lakers.
Well you are going to see how tough the Cavs are when they play LA in the Finals.

tjlipford
03-31-2009, 03:35 PM
The Cavs have solid role players. West is so critical for us to win a ring. He defends, can shoot, pass and is aggressive. Hopefully when they bring Ben back they will sit him on the bench, he never needs to start anymore. Andy is way better than him.

prodigy
03-31-2009, 03:41 PM

You guys do not have anyone to stop Z down low, CHECK THE STAT LINE ON HIM. Also that lebron guy is kinda good, put kobe on him early so lebron can wear him down. Also who's covering mo? fisher? lol.

See buddy, every team has a weakness somewhere. But its about who can improve, and who can adjust. The cavs just did not box out odom very well. its not like Its impossible for the cavs to fix that.

tjlipford
03-31-2009, 03:59 PM
You guys do not have anyone to stop Z down low, CHECK THE STAT LINE ON HIM. Also that lebron guy is kinda good, put kobe on him early so lebron can wear him down. Also who's covering mo? fisher? lol.

See buddy, every team has a weakness somewhere. But its about who can improve, and who can adjust. The cavs just did not box out odom very well. its not like Its impossible for the cavs to fix that.
Exactly, it was one game. The series is long and I bet any amount of money that Odom won't do that every game of the series. MO is going to light Fisher and Farmar a new a**h***.

prodigy
03-31-2009, 04:10 PM
Exactly, it was one game. The series is long and I bet any amount of money that Odom won't do that every game of the series. MO is going to light Fisher and Farmar a new a**h***.

I'll be shocked if odom shows up for 3 of the games. We all know how he likes to hide.

lakerboy
03-31-2009, 04:13 PM
LOL. We'll rape you again in the finals, well, if you guys make it.

Until then.

lakerboy
03-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Also, when it is all said and done, don't magically disappear from the forums. There was Cavs fan who did that a few years ago.

Missing56&33
03-31-2009, 06:38 PM
this is the playoffs, i would not be surprised at all if the Bulls pull off an upset, they are playing good bb right now. Still something missing with the Cavs.

Vidball
03-31-2009, 06:44 PM
The Big Z/Sideshow Bob duo at C/PF might not be strong enough to make it out of the West. Even if it is the Lakers 3-man C/PF rotation of Gasol/Bynum/Odom will dominate those two. Also, the Lakers have 2 stoppers on D...Kobe and Ariza (both guard LeBron--he was held to 14-45 shooting against the Lakers this season). The Cavs have a couple solid defenders on their team including LeBron (who is becoming one of the best help defenders in the league but still has trouble locking guys down) and West (who also is a solid defender--just not a lockdown defender). The Cavs team D is great but it isn't built to beat a team with two athletic 7-footers and a guy named Bean who will make sure the bigs don't draw doubles.

Like I said before, the Spurs and Celtics both have a better chance against the Lakers.

BTW, letting Z shoot 18 foot jumpers is EXACTLY how the Lakers D is designed...it takes away the opposing teams offensive flow and it keeps a big away from the paint (this is generally why PJax coached teams go under screens and not over--to tempt the opposing team to launch away from deep). The Lakers will let you live and die by the 3...3ball hasn't ever knocked a PJax coached team out of the playoffs.

JordansBulls
03-31-2009, 07:23 PM

Until then.

Who is this you played in the finals before?

MAC10TIZZY
03-31-2009, 07:40 PM
orlando m'fing magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring it

Ironman5219
03-31-2009, 07:42 PM
As a Jazz fan I dispise both the lakers and cav's. But lets be real, their records don't lie, they are the teams to beat. Cav's have the best record but play the east, there only loss at home came from LA. I think in 7 You have to go with James and the Cav's but LA will take it to 7 games

prodigy
03-31-2009, 09:40 PM

Until then.

Don't say lakers and rape anymore. Because you know where that will end up.

Looks like the bobcats raped you guys. Thats sad. Bobcats are a decent team, But common.

lakerboy
03-31-2009, 10:15 PM
Who is this you played in the finals before?

I meant we'll rape them again in the finals like we raped them in their home floor.

lakerboy
03-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Don't say lakers and rape anymore. Because you know where that will end up.

Looks like the bobcats raped you guys. Thats sad. Bobcats are a decent team, But common.

Yeah. It's going to end up Kobe raping your *** like you were in Colorado.

Enjoy playing the Pistons in the first round.

ctwn4life
03-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Ya, How about the other 29 tems in the league could beat the Cavs??? 61-13 fools......3 game lead over L.A for HCA......13 wins in a row....Defense is just shutting EVERYONE down right now....I don't wanna hear about injuries cuz the Cavs have been hit as hard as anyone.....Everyone keep assuming this garbage.....Cavs are on fire at the right time, have the best player on the planet and play the best team defense.....hmmmmm....Idk about the rest of u....but, that sounds like the perfect combo of ingredients for a NBA championship.

G-Funk
03-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Cavs are not even going to make it to the Finals. Celtics will and are going to take care of them trust me. Celtics are just as good as the Cavs and Lakers when healthy. All the Good teams can beat them what are the Cavs record against elite teams 5-2? Don't forget guys it's Lebron against 5. He really needs a better second Option. Who Does Mo Williams scare? c'mon!

goku
03-31-2009, 11:11 PM
wtf the heat doin on there dont they have a losing road record

cmstophe
03-31-2009, 11:32 PM
Cavs are not even going to make it to the Finals. Celtics will and are going to take care of them trust me. Celtics are just as good as the Cavs and Lakers when healthy. All the Good teams can beat them what are the Cavs record against elite teams 5-2? Don't forget guys it's Lebron against 5. He really needs a better second Option. Who Does Mo Williams scare? c'mon!

LOL

ignorant fool...I'll drink your sweet tears and enjoy every last sip when the Celtics fall.

69centers
03-31-2009, 11:36 PM

Excellent grammar, my friend. You're pretty bad at stats, too.

Let's take a look.

Boston bench vs. Cleveland bench.

Best bench scorer:
Boston - Eddie House 8.4 PPG. Cleveland's best is 7.6 PPG.

Best bench rebounder:
Boston - Leon Powe 4.8 RPG. Cleveland's best is 4.6 RPG.

Best bench assist person:
Boston - Stephon Marbury 3 APG. Cleveland's best is 1.7 APG.

Best 3 point percentage bench shooter:
Boston - Eddie House .435%. Cleveland's best is .417%.

Best bench steals person:
Boston - Tony Allen 1.25 SPG. Cleveland's best is .91 SPG.

Best bench free throws:
Boston - Brian Scalabrine .889%. Cleveland's best is .861%.

Best bench blocks:
Cleveland - Joe Smith .63 BPG. Boston's best is .54.

Wow, out of 7 statistical categories, Boston's bench leads in 6 of them. Yup, I'd say ya'all got a betta bench than are team.

Salzyballerz
03-31-2009, 11:37 PM
WHY NOT THE BULLS? They have beaten them a few times by a large margin...

Master Mind
03-31-2009, 11:51 PM
I'd say the Celts, Lakers, Magic are capable of defeating the Cavs...And let's not forget the Spurs who still have TP, TD, and MG....Now for those who are questioning why the Heat are one of the options it's because its always a close game between Cleveland and Miami--Frankly the Heat always seem to bring a fight to LBJ and the Cavs, D-Wade rises to the occasion...

tjlipford
04-01-2009, 12:17 AM

Let's take a look.

Best bench scorer:

Best bench rebounder:

Best bench free throws:

Best bench blocks:

Wow, out of 7 statistical categories, Boston's bench leads in 6 of them. Yup, I'd say ya'all got a betta bench than are team.
My bad I didn't know you were a English professor at Yale. We are better than the Celtics. it's over for them. We will win if KG is healthy or not. Lebron is a lot better than last year and that's bad for any opposing team and he doesn't lose to the same team twice in the playoffs (i.e. Pistons). Don't post me stats cuz those number are deceiving. Eddie House sucks, Mikki Mouse is a ***, Big Cry Baby is not a factor (this is the same grown man who threw a fit on National TV like a child when KG got in that *****). I like Leon Powe. Why would you even bring up Scalabum's name? He has only shot 18 free throws. If you like him I love him. Don't mention Starbust. Tony Allen is a non factor. Boston really misses Posey.

Bottom line is we are better. We will show it this year and then it will never be a question again. Boston is gettin old and it's starting to show. We have Lebron who is better than anyone on Boston. Mo will light Rondummy a new a**hole.

O yea good luck gettin pounded by Orlando in the playoffs and y'all won't have home court against them either. (Good luck with Dwight KG healthy or not).

The only way Boston can beat the Cavs is if Lebron or Mo gets hurt. If that doesn't happen then bye bye Celtics.

We have the better record cuz we are better than Boston. I don't want to hear about injuries cuz we been battling throught them all season and we still on top so don't use that excuse. Game over for Boston.

cmstophe
04-01-2009, 12:20 AM
WHY NOT THE BULLS? They have beaten them a few times by a large margin...

This year?

uh, no...they beat the Cavs once and it was OT @ Bulls, Cavs were banged up

tjlipford
04-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Ya, How about the other 29 tems in the league could beat the Cavs??? 61-13 fools......3 game lead over L.A for HCA......13 wins in a row....Defense is just shutting EVERYONE down right now....I don't wanna hear about injuries cuz the Cavs have been hit as hard as anyone.....Everyone keep assuming this garbage.....Cavs are on fire at the right time, have the best player on the planet and play the best team defense.....hmmmmm....Idk about the rest of u....but, that sounds like the perfect combo of ingredients for a NBA championship.
I like what you are saying!!!

tjlipford
04-01-2009, 12:22 AM
If we play the Bulls

Cavs 4
Bulls 0.

They should forfeit the series before we play them cuz we will definitely broom them.

Kyben36
04-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Any team can beat the Cavs. Believe me, somebody could surprise them, especialy is Lebron goes down. Without lebron, they are nothing better than a healthy Wizards team.

SpaceCadet
04-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Bakers + Bynum

SpaceCadet
04-01-2009, 12:40 AM
"MagicS" wtf?

lakersfan211
04-01-2009, 12:55 AM
can take 5 teams out of the west lakers , spurs , jazz , nuggets and hornets can beat them , boston if healthy can , im just not buying cleveland as the best team in the nba nobodys afraid of them , i think they are the tennessee titans of the nba , best record in the leage last year but nobody took them seriosly and i just and buying the cavs , think that great record is a fluke.

lakersfan211
04-01-2009, 12:59 AM
boy this cavs fan is on that high horse , i will feel bad when he watched his team get beat in 5 games by the lakers.

EHL
04-01-2009, 01:01 AM
"MagicS" wtf?

Yes. With an "S" just like the LakerS,BullS,CavalierS,SpurS.

tjlipford
04-01-2009, 01:02 AM
I'm tired of these ridiculous answers. The only teams that should be worth talking about is the Lakers, Magic and Boston. the Magic were scary before Jameer got hurt flat out. Boston is going to be a good series just because they beat us last year. The Lakers have the best chance to beat us because they are tall, talented and have the Mamba.

Of course if Lebron gets hurt we won't make it, but if Dwight goes down then they won't make it, if Kobe goes down they won't make it, If Pierce goes down they won't make it.....etc. I think my point is made. Don't come up with phantom thoughts just because the Bulls suck and will get broomed by the Cavs, Magic or Boston.

tjlipford
04-01-2009, 01:04 AM
can take 5 teams out of the west lakers , spurs , jazz , nuggets and hornets can beat them , boston if healthy can , im just not buying cleveland as the best team in the nba nobodys afraid of them , i think they are the tennessee titans of the nba , best record in the leage last year but nobody took them seriosly and i just and buying the cavs , think that great record is a fluke.
No No No No not Tennessee Titans. We have a solid team everybody will see don't be disappointed.

tjlipford
04-01-2009, 01:06 AM
boy this cavs fan is on that high horse , i will feel bad when he watched his team get beat in 5 games by the lakers.
Who are you? I'm only speaking the truth. No way will the Lakers win in 5. What are you on? I think YOU are on that high horse.

lakersfan211
04-01-2009, 01:07 AM
if the cavs beat the cs if their helthy then i will start buying them.

tjlipford
04-01-2009, 01:10 AM
I hope to hell that KG is healthy cuz I don't want no excuses.

EHL
04-01-2009, 01:14 AM
I hope to hell that KG is healthy cuz I don't want no excuses.

Same here. As a Lakers fan, I want us to beat the best team ,whether its the Celtics,Cavs or even the Magics.

lakersfan211
04-01-2009, 01:16 AM
i just dont think yall match up well with us , have 1 lost at home all year and that was to us ,e shut bron bron down in that game and we didnt have bynum dont think yall can take us in a series i said 5 games cause yall will have a tougher road then us got to get buy the celtics , magic , hawks or pistons , we should breeze through the west like last year.

tjlipford
04-01-2009, 01:46 AM
I think yall should breeze through the playoffs again too. True yall are the only team that beat us at home and the only team that actually dominated us, but that was then. You cant seriously think that every game will be like that. We have a good team with good chemistry and we have been rolling lately. Now with Bynum I do think yall are hard to match up with. Im more worried about Pau because he can flat out score. He has a combination of quickness and size and we lack that. Z is tall enough, but tooooo slow. Varejao can move, but Pau can shoot right over him and I just think Ben is too short and he is just old. No one fears Ben Wallace anymore. With that being said I say it again the Lakers would be the only team that could honestly beat us and I would not be shocked. Only time will tell and we will see in June.

Fireworld
04-01-2009, 03:34 AM
Lakers--with a healthy Bynum
Celtics--with a healthy Garnett

yeah, what he said.

lakersfan211
04-01-2009, 09:17 AM
if yall do beat us i wouldnt be shocked , any thing can happen in sports patriots/giants , lakers/pistons in 2004 nobody thought they had a chance to win but they did , dont get me wrong i think yall are a very good team but the record yalll have is very very good its hard to go 61-13 in the nba , this team only won 45 games last year , i am real shocked where yall are , i just dont see a 61-13 team with bron a few good players and nobody else , any thing can happen in the nba.

prodigy
04-01-2009, 01:16 PM

Let's take a look.

Best bench scorer:

Best bench rebounder:

Best bench free throws:

Best bench blocks:

That all proved nothing. Tony allen is hurt, and will always be hurt because he is injury prone. as for rebounding, ben wallace is better then your whole bench at that. wallace will be on the cavs bench whe he gets back in a few days.

blocks? wallace again.

free throws? 2% wow congrats lol.

assits, starbury is a joke. Its true.

All eddie house does is shoot three's. He has no game past that. just stick with him and he's nothing.

cavs bench is way better then bostons. You guys are deep at PF. but thats it.

prodigy
04-01-2009, 01:19 PM
If the magic hold on to the 2nd seed. They will beat boston with HCA.

laker1000
04-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Lakers or Boston if both are healthy

FOBolous
04-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Houston Rockets

LeGacy is Music
04-01-2009, 01:39 PM
lakers--with a healthy bynum
celtics--with a healthy garnett

+1

ULT WARRIOR408
04-01-2009, 02:34 PM
I voted for the lakers but i dont think they will.the cavs will win the title.

69centers
04-01-2009, 03:28 PM
That all proved nothing. Tony allen is hurt, and will always be hurt because he is injury prone. as for rebounding, ben wallace is better then your whole bench at that. wallace will be on the cavs bench whe he gets back in a few days.

blocks? wallace again.

free throws? 2% wow congrats lol.

assits, starbury is a joke. Its true.

All eddie house does is shoot three's. He has no game past that. just stick with him and he's nothing.

cavs bench is way better then bostons. You guys are deep at PF. but thats it.

#1 - Wallace has started every game he's played all year. That makes him a starter.

#2 - Besides, Wallace is a washed up bum anyway. Powe, Big Baby, and even skinny Mikki Moore can just power flick him aside to get a rebound. The guy's soft now.

cmstophe
04-01-2009, 06:39 PM
#1 - Wallace has started every game he's played all year. That makes him a starter.

#2 - Besides, Wallace is a washed up bum anyway. Powe, Big Baby, and even skinny Mikki Moore can just power flick him aside to get a rebound. The guy's soft now.

Nope.

Maybe Powe.

prodigy
04-02-2009, 08:19 AM
skinny Mikki Moore can just power flick him aside to get a rebound. The guy's soft now.

You just lost all respect with that comment which is clearly not true. ben wallace is not what he once was. But he is still a good rebounder and defense player.

leftymo
04-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Who Can? Well anybody "can"... The better question is who will?

Most are saying Lakers & Celtics with good merit. The other teams won't. They haven't either in the reg season or even struggled with them when they are at home.

The problem with the Celtics is that they are not 100% healthy, and aren't going into the playoffs on a roll. And just for comparison. The last time Boston won in Cleveland it was December 2004!!! KG's boys couldn't beat cleveland once last year in cleveland in five games and they were healthy and far superior to this year's team. So its definitely an uphill climb for Boston.

As for LA, who blew Cleveland out at home by 17 and won by 10 in cleveland w/o bynum and after an emotional win in Boston... they aren't exactly playing their best ball, but Bynum is practicing as we speak, and will join the full practice team very shortly. He'll bring more size,strength, and defense to the lakeshow. It should be interesting but in the finals, the team with HCA has won 19 out of the last 25 finals.

I'll take the home team that plays defense.

Lakergirl24
04-02-2009, 06:22 PM
I'd say Celtics. Fully healthy they're the best defensive team in the league. And Paul Pierce could be the one guy who could slow down Lebron one on one. Kobe is supposed to be a great defender but I rarely see it. And he doesn't have the kind of strength to defend Lebron like he needs. Should everything come together and Rondo is playing well, I'd pick the Celts over the Cavs.

You havent seen Kobe playing good D? Just look at the two games the lakers played the cavs. Kobe practically shut Lebron down. Lebron didnt play well at all. I think he was 5 for 20 in the 2nd game against LA if I recall (dont quote me on that, but I know it was around that number.)

I'm not trying to sound biased, but the lakers can beat the cavs because kobe and ariza can contain Lebron well.

DreamShaker
04-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I would say the Cavs are going to win it all this year....

Lakersfan2483
04-02-2009, 06:30 PM
The Lakers and the Celtics can beat the Cavs. Also, Orlando may have a chance against them, I am definitely not crowning the Cavs just because they have the best record. Boston is going to be tough for anyone to beat out East, they have 3 legit playmakers on that team who all can get it done in crunch time. They also have a great defensive team.

lakerboy
04-02-2009, 06:56 PM
I've posted all my arguments in the previous pages. To make the long story short, I think the Lakers are too athletic and too tall for the Cavs to handle

SG Delonte can't guard Kobe, C Gasol owns Z, and PF Odom will manhandle Varejao. I just don't see this happening.

Lakers in 6 :)

G-Funk
04-02-2009, 07:29 PM
LOL

ignorant fool...I'll drink your sweet tears and enjoy every last sip when the Celtics fall.

"I'll drink your sweet tears" How retarted does that sound??? lmfao

hawksd911
04-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Hawks?

rapswin98
04-02-2009, 08:12 PM
lakers wil beat there *** in a series and maybe the celtics

Ironman5219
04-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Cav's are the top dogs in the NBA until proven otherwise, however, think of the story line of Boozers return to Cleveland for the Finals. It would be a 7 game dog fight. Both confrenses are tight and anything can happen, can't wait for PLAYOFF basketball!!!!!!

bghoops13
04-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Because of how good the cavs are at home, the only teams that can beat them in seven are the lakers, and celtics. Also, the spurs because of their experience. They would need ginobli to play at 100%.

kvrnm
04-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Cav's are the top dogs in the NBA until proven otherwise, however, think of the story line of Boozers return to Cleveland for the Finals. It would be a 7 game dog fight. Both confrenses are tight and anything can happen, can't wait for PLAYOFF basketball!!!!!!

you guys better be on your game, cus i think your the only west team who can give LA a series...

agnine
04-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Celtics are the Champs until dethroned. DOn't look past them in the playoffs. Lakers are the only team to beat them at home this year, and made it really tough for LeBron to score. Pistons, if firing on all cylinders, could pull an upset.

SMS07
04-02-2009, 11:39 PM
only the celtics. I don't even think enough laker bandwagoners will be able to stop lebron

Raidaz4Life
04-02-2009, 11:41 PM
a healthy lakers team

Er1c
04-03-2009, 01:34 AM
definitely not the heat. lakers, celtics, magic, and spurs