PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Stuckey

jrilla1210
03-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Was it me or did the Pistons over value Rodney Stuckey a little bit this year by trading away Chauncy Billiups? True enough Billiups is getting a little up there in age and all and Stuckey is a younger option but I feel the Pistons jumped the gun a little bit by letting Stuckey prematurley take over the reigns in Detriot. And I think most of that was based on a decent season last years coming off the bench. Maybe it was a money thing to get them a little under the cap in the coming years maybe not. Can someone gimmie a lil insight on this

IversonIsKrazy
03-29-2009, 11:13 PM
the trade was to free cap-space...

IndyRealist
03-29-2009, 11:29 PM
the trade was to free cap-space...

x2

They're paying Stuckey anyway and he's not a horrible starter. Now they get to take Sheed and Iverson off the books at the end of the season, so they'll be in a decent position to rebuild quickly. Now that AI's coming off the bench, we can see that Detriot can still get wins without Chauncey.

I think this offseason they sign Maxiell to a reasonable contract and draft a starting center and a backup point. They see how those players work out, and if they don't then they go into the summer of 2010 with around $33M in salary for Hamilton, Prince, Stuckey, Afflalo, their two rookies, and whatever they end up paying Maxiell. With $20M+ in cap space they go after a marquee PF/C, or a second-tier one along with two strong veteran backups.

Epic89
03-29-2009, 11:31 PM
No, they definitely didn't overvalue Stuckey. He has potential. He basically is a younger Chauncey Billups. Stuckey is a fine building block for the future.

Ragun
03-30-2009, 12:05 AM
no. stuckey is a beast.

Duncan = Donkey
03-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Stuckey is overrated

jayl1377
03-30-2009, 12:54 AM
stuckey turns the ball over too much

~ALpHa M LyTe~
03-30-2009, 01:20 AM
No I Dont Think So. For 1 i agree with the post that say the Pistons didn't Trade Billups to Give Stuckey the Starting Job they did it for the Cap Space and To Be Able To Rebuild Quickly. My Other Reason is i Dont Think Stuckey is at all the Problem wit the Pistons i Think the Team Chemistry is Horrible Iverson doesnt Fit into there system and the rest of pistons Morale went down with the Chauncey Trade i think Stuckey has been a Bright Spot in a otherwise down season for Det.

SwaggaIke
03-30-2009, 01:54 AM
Stuckey is an animal. He tore the league up for a span of two months early this season. He hit the wall for a minute and now he has bounced back again. His turnover ratio is pretty decent to be a scoring point guard. I think he has a bright future in the league.