PDA

View Full Version : This Years Draft Class

jrilla1210
03-29-2009, 09:51 AM
I was just wondering what you thought about this years draft class as a whole compared to other recent drafts. I know it usually takes 2 or 3 years to fully evaluate a draft class but I feel from top to bottom, lemme repeat from top to bottom this may be the best draft class in the past 10 or years. I know the 2003 draft has Lebron,Melo,DWade, and Bosh, 3 franchise palyers but I think in a few years this 2009 draft may have multiple allstars and is a deeper draft with better overal pros. Lemme know what you think

Wake's Fastball
03-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Tons of high risk/reward picks... beyond Griffin (even arguable) I really don't think there's a single "sure thing" in the draft this year.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2009, 02:13 PM
This projects as a very weak draft.

abe_froman
03-29-2009, 02:21 PM
and i disagree,this is gonna be one of the weakest

Kyle N.
03-29-2009, 02:29 PM
The consensus says it'll be a very weak one this year, but there's good players and suprises in every draft. You just have to find them.

Kakaroach
03-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Weakest draft in a while. But yea, there are always surprises in the drafts.

theuuord
03-29-2009, 02:32 PM
If I read this right, he didn't ask about this coming draft... He asked about this most recent one. And this most recent one is one of the deepest in recent memory.

However, like others have said, this upcoming one is a weak draft at the top, but it's got a lot of decent players throughout. It's deep despite its lack of true stars.

abe_froman
03-29-2009, 02:35 PM
If I read this right, he didn't ask about this coming draft... He asked about this most recent one. And this most recent one is one of the deepest in recent memory.

However, like others have said, this upcoming one is a weak draft at the top, but it's got a lot of decent players throughout. It's deep despite its lack of true stars.
no,he was referring to this upcoming one: "I think in a few years this 2009 draft"

Hawkeye15
03-29-2009, 02:36 PM
The most recent one was 2008, so the year is wrongif he is referring to last years, and that is why I am talking about upcoming. The 2008 class was very, very strong. I see a few guys who will be all stars in Rose, Love, Mayo, Lopez, Westbrook, Beasley, and others who will be studs as well in Gordon, and Thompson, and some others who could still be very good players like Randolph, Augustine, and a couple others.

theuuord
03-29-2009, 02:37 PM
no,he was referring to this upcoming one: "I think in a few years this 2009 draft"

But he also said "I was just wondering what you thought about this years draft class as a whole compared to other recent drafts" which would make the most sense only if the draft had occurred already.

plus, this is something a lot of people have been saying (and I somewhat agree with) with regards to the most recent draft: "I know it usually takes 2 or 3 years to fully evaluate a draft class but I feel from top to bottom, lemme repeat from top to bottom this may be the best draft class in the past 10 or years."
While I don't know a single person who has said that about this upcoming draft.

You may be right. I'd have to ask the OP to clarify.

kobe24>lebron23
03-29-2009, 02:46 PM
the guy is referring to this draft that barely past with guys like rose,mayo,beasley,gordan,westbrook,lopez

Becks2307
03-29-2009, 02:55 PM
yeah he is def referring to the rookies this year and he is absolutely correct...this years rookies are studs

abe_froman
03-29-2009, 02:59 PM
But he also said "I was just wondering what you thought about this years draft class as a whole compared to other recent drafts" which would make the most sense only if the draft had occurred already.

plus, this is something a lot of people have been saying (and I somewhat agree with) with regards to the most recent draft: "I know it usually takes 2 or 3 years to fully evaluate a draft class but I feel from top to bottom, lemme repeat from top to bottom this may be the best draft class in the past 10 or years."
While I don't know a single person who has said that about this upcoming draft.

You may be right. I'd have to ask the OP to clarify.
if he is referring to 08 and not 09 than i would have to agree.08 might down as one of the best/better classes in recent memory