PDA

View Full Version : The team most likely to get swept in the 1st rd........

majmarcus
03-29-2009, 08:35 AM
Okay sports fans. What team do think is likely to get bounced in the 1st 4games of the playoffs?Now I don't know who's matchin' up with who.But I think the perceived losers will get @least 1 game........fire away!:guns:

p.s. I'm Damn Sick of the NCAA tournament being dubbed "The Big Dance". Find something else to call it for cryin' out loud..:mad:

MilfHunter07
03-29-2009, 08:48 AM
the bulls

jrodmesche
03-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Pistons

Jezeble
03-29-2009, 09:19 AM
the bulls

The HEAT. Much like the Bull did them in 2007.:clap:

Tblaze
03-29-2009, 09:20 AM
the 7th and 8th seed in the east. whoever it's going to be.

jimbobjarree
03-29-2009, 09:20 AM
dallas

Rocco007
03-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Whoever faces the Lakers.

wwwhat
03-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Mavs if they face the Lakers. And the 76ers should they face the Magic or Celtics.

marlinsfan24
03-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Whoever faces the Lakers.

Exactly what I was gonna say.

Cuz if the series is Bull-Cavs, I can see the Bull stealing a game or two.

If it's Boston-Detroit, I see the same thing happening.

BlackMamba
03-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Mavs.

JackB
03-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Pistons if they are the 7th or 8th spot. I'm a Piston fan and I wish they would lose their remaining games and NOT make the playoffs. What good is it to get either the 7th or 8th spot and have to face the C's or the Cavs in the first round. I would rather be a lottery pick and have another trading piece for the off season.

JordansBulls
03-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Depends on who is playing who.

P-O-Z
03-29-2009, 10:19 AM
The HEAT. Much like the Bull did them in 2007.:clap:

wow your so cool now talking about a series that happened 2 years ago.

Jezeble
03-29-2009, 10:36 AM
wow your so cool now talking about a series that happened 2 years ago.

Darn right I AM COOL!:cool: In my line of work, it is very important to cite precedents. He suggested the Bulls, and I suggested the HEAT citing RECENT -- 2 years -- history. Let's see, the season after getting swept by the Bulls, how many games did they win? Pray tell, what have they done this season that would convince anyone that they won't get swept? :rolleyes:

EX-TREME
03-29-2009, 11:06 AM
bulls or sixers

jayl1377
03-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Heat or Pistons

Bring The Heat
03-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Darn right I AM COOL!:cool: In my line of work, it is very important to cite precedents. He suggested the Bulls, and I suggested the HEAT citing RECENT -- 2 years -- history. Let's see, the season after getting swept by the Bulls, how many games did they win? Pray tell, what have they done this season that would convince anyone that they won't get swept? :rolleyes:

what does it matter whether you swept a wade with a messed up shoulder that needed surgery and a team full of aging veterans who were already one step slower? we beat you the year before when the veterans werent as slow and were hungrier...and of course d-wade healthy

the point is we won a championship the year before and what did u guys go on to do after u beating us? nothing you went on to the next round only to get beat by the pistons...so you guys got no ring idiot so whats to brag? same thing will happen to you this year

and for your information going from 15 games last season to winning 39 games and sitting on the 5th seed (ABOVE YOU BTW :rolls eyes:)...thats a remarkable improvement and wade proved all the doubters wrong this year....keep talking trash when your team hasn't done **** without jordan since he retired....atleast we got arguably the best player in the league and promising future ahead of us

JJ81
03-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Dallas will get swept by LA.

Ironman5219
03-29-2009, 11:29 AM
mavs

bahama0811
03-29-2009, 11:36 AM
The Dallas Mavericks

aWiLL 20
03-29-2009, 11:49 AM
if L.A gets stuck playin the mavs, then they will get swept. the mavs have been trying to stay in that 8th spot...they know the lakers are trash

cmoneytakemoney
03-29-2009, 12:06 PM
The Lakers

Young2Kinsler
03-29-2009, 12:14 PM
The Mavs are a LOCK to get swept. I'll bet anything on it.

Bulls4Lyfe
03-29-2009, 01:13 PM

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Hawkeye15
03-29-2009, 01:23 PM
whomever plays the Cavs.

NYMetros
03-29-2009, 01:26 PM
I think the Mavs could steal a game from the Lakers. The Bulls or Pistons, whoever gets the 8th seed will most likely get swept by Cleveland.

barbjake
03-29-2009, 01:33 PM
the bulls

"It's the Bulls!" "I hate the Bulls, because I'm a little crying girl."

The Bulls played well against both top seeds this year, and most of those games were before we made a trade that made the team a lot better. Watch some games, and learn about what you are talking about.

hotdogbun
03-29-2009, 01:48 PM
if L.A gets stuck playin the mavs, then they will get swept. the mavs have been trying to stay in that 8th spot...they know the lakers are trash

hatarrrrrrrrrrrrr!

barbjake
03-29-2009, 01:50 PM
what does it matter whether you swept a wade with a messed up shoulder that needed surgery and a team full of aging veterans who were already one step slower? we beat you the year before when the veterans werent as slow and were hungrier...and of course d-wade healthy

the point is we won a championship the year before and what did u guys go on to do after u beating us? nothing you went on to the next round only to get beat by the pistons...so you guys got no ring idiot so whats to brag? same thing will happen to you this year

and for your information going from 15 games last season to winning 39 games and sitting on the 5th seed (ABOVE YOU BTW :rolls eyes:)...thats a remarkable improvement and wade proved all the doubters wrong this year....keep talking trash when your team hasn't done **** without jordan since he retired....atleast we got arguably the best player in the league and promising future ahead of us

There is no arguing here. Wade is not the best player in the league. It is Lebron James, with Kobe bringing up 2nd place. Ask anyone who isn't a Miami Heat fan and you will get the same answer.

and your promising future is based on what? Beasley and Chalmers? I'm not convinced. 2010 will roll around and D-wade is going to realize he isn't winning a title without Shaq (Just like Kobe.) and he is going to sign with a better team, with a better future.

ALSO, why make excuses or brag about a first or second round playoff matchup from years ago. THAT DOESN'T MATTER!

Miami Heat fans are turning into Raider fans. It will be exactly the same once you guys continue losing for a few years, and start fighting people more.

KB24PG16
03-29-2009, 01:50 PM
dallas

IDB Josh M
03-29-2009, 02:00 PM

*looks at avatar* Sorry, your statement doesn't have much credibility Mr. Nowinski fan.

lakerboy
03-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Forget Dallas. I want Phoenix!!

Bulls4Lyfe
03-29-2009, 02:08 PM
There is no arguing here. Wade is not the best player in the league. It is Lebron James, with Kobe bringing up 2nd place. Ask anyone who isn't a Miami Heat fan and you will get the same answer.

and your promising future is based on what? Beasley and Chalmers? I'm not convinced. 2010 will roll around and D-wade is going to realize he isn't winning a title without Shaq (Just like Kobe.) and he is going to sign with a better team, with a better future.

ALSO, why make excuses or brag about a first or second round playoff matchup from years ago. THAT DOESN'T MATTER!

Miami Heat fans are turning into Raider fans. It will be exactly the same once you guys continue losing for a few years, and start fighting people more.

First of all, Wade IS arguably the best player in the NBA. If you really don't see that Kobe, Wade, and Lebron are the three best players (in no particular order) than you're nuts.

Our promising future is based on the fact that the only players we have under contract for the 2010 offseason are Beasley, Chalmers, and Cook (all for about $8 M). This means we can resign Wade, another max player (ala Chris Bosh/Amare Stoudemire), and still have room to sign another good player. Also, Beasley, Chalmers, and Cook will all surely improve significantly over the next couple years. This is their first years playing significant minutes in the NBA - they'll just continue to get better, especially Beasley.

Reaching the 1st or 2nd round for this team would be tremendous. Yes, we have Dwyane Wade, but our young guys are still going through growing pains and let's just say our role players aren't at an elite caliber. It's not like Lebron and Kobe didn't have a couple 1st/2nd round exits when they were carrying their teams...

Lastly, why are you so concerned about the Miami Heat? Why the hate? You may like Lebron and/or Kobe better, but c'mon Wade has also been amazing. Can't we just agree that they are the best 3 players in the world and leave it at that?

VCaintdead17
03-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Bulls

GodsSon
03-29-2009, 02:15 PM
i'll go out on a limb and say if denver plays portland, then portland gets swept.

Jezeble
03-29-2009, 02:30 PM

See, this is what I Hate! You are making this personal. MILFHunter jumped out saying the Bulls will be swept, but I guess that's okay, RIGHT? I am being objective here, but it seems like you guys want to get down to business. So here goes. We did something since Jordan retired: WE SWEPT YOU GUYS! History has shown that it can be done, so there's no reason to think it won't be done again this year. The Hawks can get it done, easily! They have homecourt advantage, and lets not forget they took the Celtics to 7 games last season. Are you guys better than last season's Celtics? THOUGHT NOT!

YOU WANT TO TALK CHAMPIONSHIPS? You're sure you want to go there? Lets put our SIX against the ONE Shaq won for you! Once again, the Heat will get swept, because it has happened before -- with Dwayne Wade on your team! They will get swept because it is in their nature. They quit when Wade is not producing. Simple!

'Nuff said!

Jezeble
03-29-2009, 02:32 PM
"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

...Riiiight.......:clap:

P-O-Z
03-29-2009, 02:38 PM

Lets see

Bulls vs Cavs/Magic/Celtics

Heat vs hawks

Bulls or Heat who's most likely to get swept in the first round. Real talk.

still1ballin
03-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Mavs

abe_froman
03-29-2009, 02:49 PM
bulls or mavs.think the pistions can steal a game away from whoever

LA412
03-29-2009, 02:53 PM
whatever team plays the Cavs

danbola
03-29-2009, 02:54 PM
With the way the seedings are now, Mavs or Bulls.

Bring The Heat
03-29-2009, 02:59 PM
See, this is what I Hate! You are making this personal. MILFHunter jumped out saying the Bulls will be swept, but I guess that's okay, RIGHT? I am being objective here, but it seems like you guys want to get down to business. So here goes. We did something since Jordan retired: WE SWEPT YOU GUYS! History has shown that it can be done, so there's no reason to think it won't be done again this year. The Hawks can get it done, easily! They have homecourt advantage, and lets not forget they took the Celtics to 7 games last season. Are you guys better than last season's Celtics? THOUGHT NOT!

YOU WANT TO TALK CHAMPIONSHIPS? You're sure you want to go there? Lets put our SIX against the ONE Shaq won for you! Once again, the Heat will get swept, because it has happened before -- with Dwayne Wade on your team! They will get swept because it is in their nature. They quit when Wade is not producing. Simple!

'Nuff said!

Nuff said what? you said absolutely nothing....LOL you are proud that the only thing your team has accomplished in over 10 years since jordan left is swept us? THATS IT?!?! that is pretty pathetic my friend....like i said u swept us and lost to the pistons in the 2nd round... we beat you the year before and won a championship against great team like the mavs who defeated the spurs....thats the DIFFERENCE between you beating us and us beating you...we accomplished every teams goal which is to get a ring which u guys haven't done since jordan...so why are u so obsessed and proud of beating us when it only resulted in you losing in the 2nd round? lol your something else...

and yes Wade is arguably the best player in the league and is having the best individual season of any player...you guys are too hung up on kobe and lebron and blinded and u can't see when someone is playing amazing basketball....like the man said above you can argue who is the best between kobe, lebron, and wade.

todu82
03-29-2009, 03:00 PM
The Bulls

Bring The Heat
03-29-2009, 03:06 PM

Wade carrying a team with two rookies entering this season...a team improvement of 15 to 39 wins this season and sitting in the 5th seed...this man should be considered among kobe and lebron if not above...sorry what else does this guy have to do to prove to you and anyone on this board when hes healthy he is the best if not right there with THEM....

its chalmers and beasley first year dude how can you judge a player on their first year? what they shown so far is impressive and they have a lot of potential and time to only GET better.....Beasley has played limited minutes and is being broken in and has shown he can be a scoring force...Van Gundy and Mark Jackson were even talking about how good Beasley will be in the upcoming years...you will eat your words soon enough.

BALLER71
03-29-2009, 03:21 PM

The fact that we won the Bulls-Heat series, 3-1... :shrug:

drewstantontime
03-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Pistons if they are the 7th or 8th spot. I'm a Piston fan and I wish they would lose their remaining games and NOT make the playoffs. What good is it to get either the 7th or 8th spot and have to face the C's or the Cavs in the first round. I would rather be a lottery pick and have another trading piece for the off season.

your not a pistons fan if you want them to lose. you should be ashamed

EX-TREME
03-29-2009, 03:22 PM

that's ridirkulous.

Kakaroach
03-29-2009, 03:24 PM
See, now this is a good thread Maj.
I'm gonna have to say the Mavs if they face the Lakers or if Philly plays the Celtics.

Kyben36
03-29-2009, 03:38 PM
I think the bulls may surprise people, I know, its a hommer call, but they have won their last 7 of their last 8, the only game lost being against the Lakers, Which, they where ahead by some 15 points and gave up the lead, Im not saying that The bulls are going to make it to the Finals by any means, Im just saying that we are going in HOT, I dought the bulls get swept, IN all honesty, if the Pistons are still in it, they are the most likely, with all their problems, However, they allways turn it up in the playoffs, Maybe Portland, Young, inexperienced, I love the team but I just think they could be surprised by the playoff vive, and then the Suns, If they make it, They will probably be swept by the lakers, Their just a shell of what they used to be, especialy without amare

EX-TREME
03-29-2009, 04:00 PM
I think the bulls may surprise people, I know, its a hommer call, but they have won their last 7 of their last 8, the only game lost being against the Lakers, Which, they where ahead by some 15 points and gave up the lead, Im not saying that The bulls are going to make it to the Finals by any means, Im just saying that we are going in HOT, I dought the bulls get swept, IN all honesty, if the Pistons are still in it, they are the most likely, with all their problems, However, they allways turn it up in the playoffs, Maybe Portland, Young, inexperienced, I love the team but I just think they could be surprised by the playoff vive, and then the Suns, If they make it, They will probably be swept by the lakers, Their just a shell of what they used to be, especialy without amare

if they fall to 8th seed thaen they can give cavaliers some trouble.

JackB
03-29-2009, 07:23 PM
your not a pistons fan if you want them to lose. you should be ashamed

I've been a Piston fan longer then you have been alive.Maybe twice as long. I've stuck with them through the bad and the good.I don't just jump on the band wagon when they win. Do you honestly think they can do anything in the playoffs? I would rather take my lumps now and build toward the future. And If losing the rest of the season to get a lottery pick that would help toward that goal then YES I would want them to lose.

thapharcyd
03-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Thank GOD the Suns probably won't make the playoffs... I can't handle a sweep... so I say and pray the Mavs get swept... or the Spurs, hate the Spurs... but realistically the Mavs

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-29-2009, 08:01 PM
pistons

aWiLL 20
03-29-2009, 09:33 PM
*looks at avatar* Sorry, your statement doesn't have much credibility Mr. Nowinski fan.

it was a joke ****** lol. plus, just cuz i'm a mavs fan doesn't take away credibility. look up the definition of the word. i think you might be looking for the word "bias". lol don't get upset and say mean things over a joke :)

bostncelts34
03-29-2009, 09:47 PM
8th seed out west by the lakers

and 6,7,8 all have good chances to be swept by cle,bos,orl.

Steely McBeam
03-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Mavs if they face the Lakers. And the 76ers should they face the Magic or Celtics.

i really don't think the magic would sweep the 76ers... but i think it would be the mavs and whatever team faces the cavs

nyanks79
03-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Pistons will take the cavs to atleast 6. The palace is a hard place to play in the playoffs, Very experienced team and if Iverson is nice off the bench can cause the cavs trouble

Jezeble
03-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Nuff said what? you said absolutely nothing....LOL you are proud that the only thing your team has accomplished in over 10 years since jordan left is swept us? THATS IT?!?! that is pretty pathetic my friend....like i said u swept us and lost to the pistons in the 2nd round... we beat you the year before and won a championship against great team like the mavs who defeated the spurs....thats the DIFFERENCE between you beating us and us beating you...we accomplished every teams goal which is to get a ring which u guys haven't done since jordan...so why are u so obsessed and proud of beating us when it only resulted in you losing in the 2nd round? lol your something else...

and yes Wade is arguably the best player in the league and is having the best individual season of any player...you guys are too hung up on kobe and lebron and blinded and u can't see when someone is playing amazing basketball....like the man said above you can argue who is the best between kobe, lebron, and wade.

Why is the time-line set at, "SINCE JORDAN?" Why is it not franchise history? You have a "one-and-done" championship and you want to push that in our faces? Get real! We played you WITHOUT 1 ALLSTAR AND NO SUPERSTAR and swept you in the first round!!!! YOU WERE THE REIGNING CHAMPS, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! Now that was a major accomplishment in my book. A real David v. Goliath moment. With the BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE, :rolleyes: you had all of 16 wins last season????

My debate was never about whether Wade is the best player in the League, all i am saying is that YOU WILL MOST LIKELY GET SWEPT IN THE FIRST ROUND!:clap:

Durant is hype
03-30-2009, 09:06 AM

A healthy D-Wade.

agnine
03-30-2009, 02:34 PM

Not a Pistons fan, but I actually like their chances against the Cavs. Right now the Cavs look damn near unbeatable (not a good thing for a Laker fan like me!), but with Wallace in the post and ,a hopefully, team oriented, Iverson in the lineup, Detroit has what it takes to both defend and and score against Cleveland, and could steal that series.

Big Zo
03-30-2009, 02:58 PM

You also should be asking yourself "WTF have the Bulls done since 1998?" Answer: Nothing. Also, you need to remember that the Heat beat the Bulls 3 out of 4 this year. How's that for recent history? :cool:

JackB
03-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Not a Pistons fan, but I actually like their chances against the Cavs. Right now the Cavs look damn near unbeatable (not a good thing for a Laker fan like me!), but with Wallace in the post and ,a hopefully, team oriented, Iverson in the lineup, Detroit has what it takes to both defend and and score against Cleveland, and could steal that series.

Yes the defended Cleveland pretty well tonight. They held James to 25 points. End results was still a loss. The Pistons could probably get one game. Home court doesn't mean what it used to in Detroit. They are at or below .500 at home .Even if they did get lucky and beat the Cavs. The East still has to go through Boston.

tjlipford
03-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Whoever the Cavs play which is the Bulls or Detroit.

dee279
03-31-2009, 11:07 PM
Dallas, and bulls

LAKERS 24/7
04-01-2009, 02:53 AM
Depends on who is playing who.

Really? You think it is about which team is playing which team? I don't know about that.

Fireworld
04-01-2009, 03:32 AM
Mavs

RodmansBulls
04-01-2009, 11:14 AM
The Pistons will at least get one game, i don't believe they well get sweeped.

The Ooh Child
04-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I think the Sixers will win at least one game whoever they play, but they are certainly a good candidate. I'll go with Sixers or Bulls

MTar786
04-01-2009, 11:43 AM

Im not a heat fan and I can tell you that it is definately arguable that wade is better than james.. You MIGHT even be ableto argue that wade is better than kobe... thats a big if tho.. wade has basically the same FG percentage as james which is imo harder to do as a shooting guard than a forward. wade has better defense, a better jumper.. they both drive inside the same id say.. wade can get to the line more. passes better.. ALREADY has a ring.. im not saying wade is the better player but you can argue for sure.. those close triple double stat lines dont matter to me. lebron is built for that.. he's a freak of nature.. but i would think twice before picking him over wade.

IBleedPurple
04-01-2009, 01:04 PM
#8 seed in the west may get swept.

#7 or #8 in the east is in trouble

We'll see. A young team like Portland could be in trouble also