PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Hansbrough- the next David Lee?

hotpotato1092
03-28-2009, 06:05 PM
I think Tyler Hansbrough COULD be the next David Lee. Went to a top college program, biggest strength is their energy, both expected to drop off when they hit the pros, both great rebounders, both don't have elite size for their position but not under sized, both very easy to coach, both great leaders, and of course what you're all thinking, both are white. I just think they are very similar and in the right system Hansbrough could turn out like Lee, a great rebounder and a decent scorer, not someone you could build a team around but definitely a valuable contributor and at his best a fringe all star.

DocUSN
03-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Maybe the next JJ Reddick? Great college player, dosnt do much in the pros, i think hes an enrgy guy role player at best.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-28-2009, 06:14 PM
^Yeah I think he will be a good guy off the bench, not sure he will be as good as David Lee.

Giannis94
03-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Ummm, No Hansbro is good but will not be good at the pro level.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Maybe the next JJ Reddick? Great college player, dosnt do much in the pros, i think hes an enrgy guy role player at best.

And we will use this thread to prove our point, just watch haha.

PackFanInNY
03-28-2009, 06:22 PM
I don't know. All things point to him being a decent bench player in the pro's but with his drive and determination, anything is possible.

AllTheWay
03-28-2009, 06:27 PM
He'll be a career starter with a 10 and 10 average throughout

bctgg27
03-28-2009, 06:33 PM
I think Tyler Hansbrough COULD be the next David Lee. Went to a top college program, biggest strength is their energy, both expected to drop off when they hit the pros, both great rebounders, both don't have elite size for their position but not under sized, both very easy to coach, both great leaders, and of course what you're all thinking, both are white. I just think they are very similar and in the right system Hansbrough could turn out like Lee, a great rebounder and a decent scorer, not someone you could build a team around but definitely a valuable contributor and at his best a fringe all star.

I like the comparison. I think he can be at least similar to Lee.

AIsixersFK
03-28-2009, 06:37 PM
i think if he was black ppl would have a totally different oppinion on him

D Roses Bulls
03-28-2009, 06:42 PM
He'll be a career starter with a 10 and 10 average throughout

ummmm NO! hansbrough is too small, not athletic, and not strong enough. he wont even be a first round pick. i seriously think the comparison is an insult to david lee. david lee was athletic in college, won the slam dunk competition in high school. tyler will be a journey man in the pros and he will not average double digits in anything. i mean adam morrison averaged 28 points in college and cant even average double digits in the pros. what makes anyone think tyler will? for real.....

mkool65
03-28-2009, 06:45 PM
i think if he was black ppl would have a totally different oppinion on him

Is that a serious post?

BH-Sports
03-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Wow PSD underrated Hansborough too much. He will be a player like David Lee. When David Lee was in Florida, we said the exact same thing, that he is not athletic and the best he can do is come out of the bench as a bench player. Look at him now, he is a canadiate for Most improved player and the Knicks best player.

Hansborough is a national player of the year and he will translate it to the NBA because he is just too good to let his talent go to waste in the NBA

Joshtd1
03-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Hansborough = the next Najera

Pippenfan
03-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Hansborough = the next Najera

Thats an insult to Najera

Becks2307
03-28-2009, 06:59 PM
He will probably be more like Troy Murphy except for the jumpshot. Troy Murphy is a much scrappier player than David Lee imo.

but honeslty i dont think he will be that bad..i mean he is such a hard worker..he wont allow himself to fail

AllTheWay
03-28-2009, 06:59 PM
ummmm NO! hansbrough is too small, not athletic, and not strong enough. he wont even be a first round pick. i seriously think the comparison is an insult to david lee. david lee was athletic in college, won the slam dunk competition in high school. tyler will be a journey man in the pros and he will not average double digits in anything. i mean adam morrison averaged 28 points in college and cant even average double digits in the pros. what makes anyone think tyler will? for real.....

I personally think that a guy with his mix of skill and work ethic can be a somewhat special player.

jrilla1210
03-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Try the next Mark Madsen, Hansbrough's game does not translate well at the pro level.

JakeDelbreezy
03-28-2009, 07:05 PM

He'll probably be a first round pick....and I doubt he'll be a journeyman. I'm not saying he'll be an all-star, but I think you're taking it to the extreme....

LAcowBOMBER
03-28-2009, 09:31 PM

What doe Adam Morrison have to do with this? And what does where he will be picked have to do with it?

He hustles more than pretty much any big that you can name in the NBA and he is developing a nice mid range and outside shot. This sin't really something that can be argued about, but your points make no sense. We are all gona have to wait and see on Hansborough, but I think he will do just fine in the NBA

op12
03-28-2009, 10:12 PM
this is probably the best comparison i have seen for him. lee hustles and rebounds and can score at times. hansborough has developed a nice j and will hustle more than anyone out there. the madsen comparisons are getting old and are coming from haters. he may not be a superstar but becoming a david lee type player is pretty good.

yojoe792
03-28-2009, 10:23 PM
He's a not entertaining version of Mark Madson.

(Meaning he's entirely worthless).

jetsfan89
03-28-2009, 10:31 PM
personally, i love the comparison. :shrug:

as a guy who has watched david lee, he's a guy who thrives through the pick and roll, has developed a solid jump shot from 15 feet away, displays all out hustle, and grabs the rebounds. i think hansborough does the same thing when you see him play.. david lee is a very good role player who may not be an all star but can play a useful role on a championship team. i think hansbrough will be the same.

Blindmolerat
03-28-2009, 10:41 PM
He is the next Mark Madsen, imo

Kyben36
03-28-2009, 10:42 PM
I think that Tyler is going to look like a real peice of **** and get eaten up his first few years, but latter, he may be able to work his way into being a solid bench player. Maybe even a starter for a bad team, but he will never be as good as David lee.

hotpotato1092
03-28-2009, 11:03 PM
For those of you saying Hansbrough's gonna suck let me ask you, did any of you think David Lee would be this good coming out? All I'm saying is Tyler reminds me of him, I think he could do similar things at the pro level, especially in the right system. If the Knicks lose Lee to restricted FA (or through a sign and trade) I think Hansbrough would be a good fit to replace him.

ntat
03-28-2009, 11:28 PM
wow thread starter, u obviously dont know too much about his game. it is simple, tyler h wil be the next mark madsen, with the tiniest bit more ability.

ntat
03-28-2009, 11:30 PM
lol, i just typed that same thing!

oldenpolynice
03-28-2009, 11:30 PM

I can see it happening...but only if Hansbrough grows out his hair and locks in the David Lee curly afro. That's a deal-breaker right there.

Hustla23
03-29-2009, 11:12 AM
They're both so hot

wwwhat
03-29-2009, 11:36 AM
A pretty good comparison IMO. I'd love to have Hansbrough on the Heat. He has talent around the rim and can finish, he can defend OK, can rebound. Hopefully a Udonis Haslem type player. I think anyone with that type of work ethic that plays that hard all the time is basically a fail-safe pick.

illhoops
03-29-2009, 11:41 AM
David Lee > Tyler Hansbrough.

Comparison? Heck no.

Follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/illhoops

EX-TREME
03-29-2009, 11:42 AM
potential = maybe

More shats!
03-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Watch how Tyler gets destroyed by Blake Griffin.

cmoneytakemoney
03-29-2009, 11:48 AM
I doubt it. I don't think he's going to be that good of a NBA player. In 3 years Kevin Love will be much better than Hansborough.

cmoneytakemoney
03-29-2009, 11:50 AM

That's exactly what he's going to be like.

Missing56&33
03-31-2009, 06:49 PM
I dont think TH will be a great rebounder but he will score the basketball, I actually see him resemble somebody like Troy Murphy, he will get quicker and learn how to drive to the basket and finish. He already has a pretty decent handle for a big man

MJ-BULLS
03-31-2009, 06:51 PM
i think he will be good player in the nba, and does have chance to be like david lee

29$JerZ
03-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Tyler doesn't = David Lee

He is more perimeter minded and I don't see him rebounding the ball so well in the NBA.