PDA

View Full Version : "T-mac was so overrated"

majmarcus
03-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah,probably now.The fact that he has been Injured a lot has taken it's toll.But there's no denyin' when dude was with the Magic,when he was right,he(IMO)was right there with Kobe.I still would've given the nod to Mamba.But T-mac was the ish at that time!When Jemele Hill made those comments to Skip,I just wondered if that was a popular opinion.........

AllTheWay
03-28-2009, 05:57 PM
cool!

EX-TREME
03-28-2009, 05:59 PM
if he took his team out of the first round.

IversonIsKrazy
03-28-2009, 06:26 PM
^^^^
i agree. hes only good in my eyes, if he passes the 1st round. When t-mac was in Orlando, which was prob around 2002ish, AI was the best guard in the league not Kobe.

bctgg27
03-28-2009, 06:47 PM
i was just watching a game with tmac on the magic against the pistons. he looked amazing. he was one of the greatest before he started getting injured.

DerekRE_3
03-28-2009, 07:23 PM
T-Mac's numbers in the playoffs are pretty ridiculous.

28.6 PPG 6.9 RPG 6.2 APG

Only negative is the 43% shooting.

DitchDat
03-28-2009, 07:37 PM
too bad he likes to quit on his team now

Bosh=nextKG
03-28-2009, 07:59 PM
too bad he likes to quit on his team now

this coming from a guy who has marbury in his sig and avatar, haha

Sly Guy
03-28-2009, 08:26 PM
this coming from a guy who has marbury in his sig and avatar, haha

well done. Hahaha

Lakers4ItAll
03-28-2009, 09:45 PM
He was never near Kobe because I doesn't play D

Durant is hype
03-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah,probably now.The fact that he has been Injured a lot has taken it's toll.But there's no denyin' when dude was with the Magic,when he was right,he(IMO)was right there with Kobe.I still would've given the nod to Mamba.But T-mac was the ish at that time!When Jemele Hill made those comments to Skip,I just wondered if that was a popular opinion.........

We can say that about a billion of a professional athletes.

codes238
03-28-2009, 11:01 PM

tmac was actually an excellent defender when he was healthy and he put his mind to it...

Durant is hype
03-28-2009, 11:20 PM
tmac was actually an excellent defender when he was healthy and he put his mind to it...

That's the main difference between him and Kobe.

Kobe always puts his mind to it.

Chronz
03-28-2009, 11:32 PM
I dont get the thread topic, he was overrated or he is? You said in the past he was up there with Kobe but the injuries have taken its toll, then you mention something about Jemele Hill, Im not getting any of this.

That's the main difference between him and Kobe.

Kobe always puts his mind to it.

That not what Laker fans have been saying for years now

FOBolous
03-28-2009, 11:42 PM

stop being such a homer. admit that fact that, at one point, he was considered to be better than Kobe. but all the injury, selffishness, and his tendancy to give up took its toll.

majmarcus
03-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Even my wife understood the thread,and she doesn't keep up hoops.But it's cool,Just read it again homie.As for T-mac Didn't play any D! You need get at youtube.com bruh Cause McGrady Could lock a Muh ****a down when he wanted to(Before all the injuries)!

Chronz
03-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Even my wife understood the thread,and she doesn't keep up hoops.But it's cool,Just read it again homie.As for T-mac Didn't play any D! You need get at youtube.com bruh Cause McGrady Could lock a Muh ****a down when he wanted to(Before all the injuries)!
She understands it because shes your wife and you 2 have communicated for years, she knows you. I dont get a thing you said.

Was he overrated or is he? What did Jemele say to skip?

pete_one
03-29-2009, 01:20 AM
if the rockets make it out of the 1st round w/o T-Mac in this years playoffs, can T-Mac say he made it out of the 1st round?

WhiteSoxBears82
03-29-2009, 01:44 AM
:clap::clap::clap:
if the rockets make it out of the 1st round w/o T-Mac in this years playoffs, can T-Mac say he made it out of the 1st round?

abe_froman
03-29-2009, 02:58 AM
yes there was actually a time when he was arguably the best player in the league,seems so long ago

SpaceCadet
03-29-2009, 03:27 AM
Tmacs a choke

King Henrik
03-29-2009, 03:29 AM
guys i believe he was referring to AI having no D, not TMac. someone had said that AI was the best G at the time, not TMAC or Kobe, and he responded with AI had no D.

anyways No, I dont think Tmac ever was or ever will be overrated. in his prime he was not overrated as he was one of the best in the game, and today he is not overrated because he is not regarded very highly of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKa9b4HQ4cA

majmarcus
03-29-2009, 08:24 AM
[QUOTE=Chronz;8875198]She understands it because shes your wife and you 2 have communicated for years, she knows you. I dont get a thing you said.

Was he overrated or is he? What did Jemele say to skip?[/QUOTE

When the subject of T-mac Came up,Jemele Hill said "T-mac was so overrated".She went on to say all the injuries he's suffered is just showin' what kinda player he's been along.....Now that I look at it again,I'm disappointed in Jemele's Foolishness regarding that statement!:(

I hope I De-confused U,lol.

JordansBulls
03-29-2009, 04:03 PM
stop being such a homer. admit that fact that, at one point, he was considered to be better than Kobe. but all the injury, selffishness, and his tendancy to give up took its toll.

2003 he was.

Kakaroach
03-29-2009, 04:07 PM
T-Mac was the best player in 2003, like JB said. And he was in the Top 2 or 3 consistently, which makes it kinda sad to think his career is almost over now with the worst of all, the micro-fracture surgery.

Chronz
03-29-2009, 04:12 PM
When the subject of T-mac Came up,Jemele Hill said "T-mac was so overrated".She went on to say all the injuries he's suffered is just showin' what kinda player he's been along.....Now that I look at it again,I'm disappointed in Jemele's Foolishness regarding that statement!:(

I hope I De-confused U,lol.

Shes female, thats like saying C-Webb, Penny, should be measure by the kind of players they were in Philly and Phoenix.

JordansBulls
03-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Shes female, thats like saying C-Webb, Penny, should be measure by the kind of players they were in Philly and Phoenix.

:clap:

agnine
03-30-2009, 02:43 PM
McGrady, Carter and Grant Hill all suffered from carrying teams on their back for too long. They are some of the prime examples of why teams need to give their superstars help EARLY, and what happens to the players (McGrady-back, knees: Carter-knees; Hill-ankles) when they are counted on to carry that load solo. All of these guys have come back too early from injury to try and help their teams succeed.