PDA

View Full Version : Kimbo Slice to turn to pro boxing

steelcityroller
03-28-2009, 01:33 PM
One of the most popular fighters in the world is gonna soon try his hand at professional boxing. That man is youtube legend Kimbo Slice. Known for his fights shown on youtube Kevin Ferguson aka Kimbo Slice turned his online venture into a mixed martial
arts career. Now it appears that Kimbo is ready to walk away from cage fighting and turn his focus towards professional boxing.

It appears that once his mma contract is up he is gonna try his hand at boxing.

Entire Article Here (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1573400/kimbo_slice_to_pursue_career_in_boxing.html)

2009mvp
03-28-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm pretty sure he'd be a heavyweight, right? Can't say I'm overly intrigued over what he brings to the table, especially if the punch he took in Elite FC was any indication of his chin. But hey, the guy's gotta make a living somehow, right.

jetsforever
03-29-2009, 10:36 PM
he would bring some excitement to heavyweight but id like to c what he can do. I question him being a good boxer. His slugging style would b intriguing to watch tho

steelcityroller
03-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Its not like they are gonna throw him in there with some top ranked heavyweight right off the bat. I would expect them to feed him some slugs for his first couple fights.

metsfreak
03-30-2009, 02:07 AM
I think he definitely stands a better chance with this rather than MMA.

steelcityroller
03-30-2009, 05:10 AM
He will hook up with a promoter and then have 4-5 gimme fights leading up to a big pay day where he gets his brains bashed in and likely will fade away after a few losses.

jetsforever
03-30-2009, 08:57 PM
go kimbo :p

ULT WARRIOR408
04-01-2009, 02:24 PM
How much you wanna bet he ends up with don king?he might be able to make some noise in the heavyweight division because its so weak but i say that with very little confidence.:box::down:

aNYer
04-06-2009, 02:09 AM
I'm pretty sure he'd be a heavyweight, right? Can't say I'm overly intrigued over what he brings to the table, especially if the punch he took in Elite FC was any indication of his chin. But hey, the guy's gotta make a living somehow, right.

his knock out was a result of repeated blows to the back of the head if you watch it again. I know the initial punch wasn't amazing but that would not have ended a boxing match. I think it would be fun to watch him box until he passes his talent and is knocked out, which would be fun to watch,

steelcityroller
04-06-2009, 11:58 AM
One big thing is that I don't think he even has the conditioning to go numerous rounds. If you watch any of his fights mma or the street fights he gassed if they went past a couple minutes.

jetsforever
04-06-2009, 07:10 PM
One big thing is that I don't think he even has the conditioning to go numerous rounds. If you watch any of his fights mma or the street fights he gassed if they went past a couple minutes.

but 3 mins of kimbo swinging like a monster is better then anything in the heavyweight right now

2009mvp
04-06-2009, 10:44 PM

You're right, someone's gotta teach him to breathe. He's not gonna be the slickest fighter in the world, he's gonna be in there throwing a lot of punches. (Which really should be his appeal, an active fighter) Unless he's knocking out bums late-80's Tyson style, no one's paying to watch a guy gasping for air in the third round.

but 3 mins of kimbo swinging like a monster is better then anything in the heavyweight right now

Not exactly. A however-old he is youtube fighter will never be in the same class as guys like the Klitschko's, Povetkin, Haye, Dimitrenko, probably not even Chambers or Gomez. Who knows if he's even able to stand in against a guy like Sam Peter who's lazy as hell but has enormous power. If Kimbo works at this seriously and has some quality people in his corner I do think he could work his way up to be a middling heavyweight and maybe even get a shot at a bigger name (Maybe one of the giant Easter-Europeans? Valuev? Chagaev?) but let's not mistake ourselves and think he's gonna take the division by storm.

jetsforever
04-07-2009, 09:43 AM
i never said he would take the division by storm but i did say that he would probably put up a more excting fight. The heavyweights have been pathetic as of late. The action is so boring. Kimbo swinging like a douche will put on an exciting match because he'll be knocked out after his 3 mins of going nuts. Maybe his style will bring excitement to the first 2 rounds and maybe a fighter will actually decide to swing back.

djeller1139
04-08-2009, 12:24 AM
I would think this would be a better fit for him rather than MMA...

ULT WARRIOR408
04-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I would think this would be a better fit for him rather than MMA...

MAYBE WE'LL SEE.:confused:
I THINK THIS IS HIS LAST SHOT AT MAKING $ FIGHTING IN ANY CAPACITY.:nod:
HE SHOULD BE A WWE WRESTLER & THEN START ACTING IN ACTION MOVIES.

steelcityroller
04-09-2009, 02:41 PM
MAYBE WE'LL SEE.:confused:
I THINK THIS IS HIS LAST SHOT AT MAKING $ FIGHTING IN ANY CAPACITY.:nod:
HE SHOULD BE A WWE WRESTLER & THEN START ACTING IN ACTION MOVIES.

I agree because he is a big draw just not a top fighter regardless of the rules.

Mil Mascaras
04-14-2009, 04:56 PM
You guys are right. If he wants to make some money, his best chance is to become a pro wrestler. To an earlier poster - no, I don't think he stands a better chance in boxing than in MMA...ridiculous to think that. He stands the same chance in boxing that he did in MMA - and that is only a puncher's chance.

steelcityroller
04-14-2009, 05:14 PM
You guys are right. If he wants to make some money, his best chance is to become a pro wrestler. To an earlier poster - no, I don't think he stands a better chance in boxing than in MMA...ridiculous to think that. He stands the same chance in boxing that he did in MMA - and that is only a puncher's chance.

Actually I think he stands a worse chance as a boxer considering that everyone in boxing obviously has good boxing skills. At least in mma he had that advantage over a decent amount of people.

Mil Mascaras
04-14-2009, 05:27 PM
As long as Kimbo's boxing matches are held in someone's back yard - he'll do OK. :D

INeedMyJays
04-20-2009, 08:13 PM
He's got no conditioning. He's gonna get rocked. He's only trying out for boxing cause of publicity and his money's runnin out.

steelcityroller
04-20-2009, 08:17 PM
He's got no conditioning. He's gonna get rocked. He's only trying out for boxing cause of publicity and his money's runnin out.

I doubt his money is running out. I heard he makes enough money from his online fights to retire. He was making around $1,000,000 a fight in EliteXC after payout and sponsors.

jetsforever
04-20-2009, 09:33 PM
does kimbo still fight online?

ULT WARRIOR408
04-23-2009, 09:49 AM
does kimbo still fight online?

I DONT THINK SO:confused::shrug:

974life
04-30-2009, 11:06 PM
It appears that once his mma contract is up he is gonna try his hand at boxing.

Entire Article Here (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1573400/kimbo_slice_to_pursue_career_in_boxing.html)

He could be succesful. That dudes got some jack hammer's for fist. But we will get to see his chin really tested.

ULT WARRIOR408
04-30-2009, 11:23 PM
He could be succesful. That dudes got some jack hammer's for fist. But we will get to see his really tested.

YEAH BUT HE DOSENT HAVE ANY KIND OF BOXING STYLE TIHS IS ALOT DIFFERENT THAN CAGE FIGHTING.:badidea:
BOXING IS A SCIENCE & HE HAS NO REAL TECHNIQUE.:box:

974life
04-30-2009, 11:25 PM
YEAH BUT HE DOSENT HAVE ANY KIND OF BOXING STYLE TIHS IS ALOT DIFFERENT THAN CAGE FIGHTING.:badidea:

It would be more of a specticle than anything.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-01-2009, 09:30 PM
It would be more of a specticle than anything.

EXACTLY:nod:

IBleedPurple
05-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Kimbo would fail in boxing. Miserably.

I think his best option would be to go to Japan and continue MMA. Bob Sapp had tremendous success there, and is widely recognized.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Kimbo would fail in boxing. Miserably.

I think his best option would be to go to Japan and continue MMA. Bob Sapp had tremendous success there, and is widely recognized.

Like I said before he should be a pro wrestler or a action movie actor fighting isn't for him.

jetsforever
05-27-2009, 10:19 AM

this. Perfect

oracle650
05-27-2009, 04:00 PM
How much you wanna bet he ends up with don king?he might be able to make some noise in the heavyweight division because its so weak but i say that with very little confidence.:box::down:

where's butterbean when ya need him? lol him and kimbo would be straight comedy.

BenFrank
05-27-2009, 07:09 PM
I hope he don't just jump into boxing thinking it like a street fight, half those guy's wasn't even worthy of fighting.. Boxing take's true skill, if he can't counter, dodge punches, and use strategy..he's gone get that chin tested, and he's gonna he knocked out, and more than once.. stamina's gonna be a big issue also

Cassidy28
06-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Well hes on the show "TUF" so maybe hes staying with mma

jetsforever
06-03-2009, 09:44 PM

more then likely

INeedMyJays
06-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Kinda out dated but it's announced Kimbo's gonna fight in season 10 of the Ultimate Fighter.

tbron
06-08-2009, 12:44 AM
he should have done that at 1st.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-09-2009, 02:02 PM
he's so old.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-12-2009, 03:56 PM

Thats his best bet although I think he's still better suited for pro wrestling.

johnbs
07-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Kimbo going from street fighter to mma fighter in the demoralized elite-xc to becoming a boxer but what about a wrestler