PDA

View Full Version : Lebron "The Most Popular Player Ever"......

majmarcus
03-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Did anyone else hear Jackie Mac,(Pat Summit's evil Twin)say on "Around The Horn" that Lebron James is "The Most Popular Player Ever"? I mean what's next? James Naismith had Lebron in mind when he created BB? Lebron Is the Sexiest man alive? Am I the only one who thinks this Statement was Insane?:sigh:

BTownTeamsRKing
03-28-2009, 10:35 AM
this lady is so annoying. i get embarrrased when she attempt to rep for Boston on ESPN. Micheal Smith is a much better rep or even Bon Ryan. but this lady is flat out dumb.

MJ, Bird, and Magic were known in the middle east in the 80s. lebron will never be that world wide.

majmarcus
03-28-2009, 11:05 AM
this lady is so annoying. i get embarrrased when she attempt to rep for Boston on ESPN. Micheal Smith is a much better rep or even Bon Ryan. but this lady is flat out dumb.

MJ, Bird, and Magic were known in the middle east in the 80s. lebron will never be that world wide.

lol,I know what u mean fam! She always seems to out-dumbass comment herself!

Kakaroach
03-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Well he is the most popular player in the NBA right now.

THE_FLASH_21
03-28-2009, 11:31 AM

I agree... Big time... And besides the guy hasn't even won a ring yet.. The (3) players u named have multiple rings...

marlinsfan24
03-28-2009, 11:32 AM
He is the most popular...but good looking? He looks like an ape to me!

illhoops
03-28-2009, 11:34 AM

I agree BTown. Michael Jordan brought the game of basketball to a global scale. You go overseas during Jordan's hey day and when people when heard basketball they thought Jordan. And when people heard Jordan, they thought basketball.

Follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/illhoops

prodigy
03-28-2009, 11:36 AM
well he pretty much is. him and kobe, although kobe is a house hold name for all the wrong reasons.

prodigy
03-28-2009, 11:37 AM
. And when people heard Jordan, they thought basketball.

Ya, When I hear lebron I think #2 pencil.

illhoops
03-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Ya, When I hear lebron I think #2 pencil.

LOL!

iam brett favre
03-28-2009, 11:51 AM
lebron james is more popular than jesus :D

heyman321
03-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Um..he very well might be in the next decade. With the globalization of basketball, everyone is following it now and Lebron is the poster boy. Ask the 2 billion people in China, who are going crazy over basketball now ever since Yao Ming entered the NBA, and the first person that will come to their mind is either Lebron James and Kobe Bryant, and Kobe Bryant isn't going to be in the league after maybe the next 8 years.

dolfan720
03-28-2009, 12:01 PM
throw up in my mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YankeeFan89
03-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Lebron will be if he comes to NY. =]

KnicksorBust
03-28-2009, 12:20 PM
creating a thread about a jackie macmullen quote = fail

:pity:

jrodmesche
03-28-2009, 12:23 PM
when i think lebron i think headband and baby powder. when i think basketball i think Jordan

showtym24
03-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Kobe is the most popular world wide. Remember the olympics? All the people were saying kobe is like a god over there even.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Brian Cardinal is more popular, and better.

prodigy
03-28-2009, 01:02 PM

Yes, because everyone would be like ''whatever happen to that lebron guy''.

'' IDK, I think he went to NY, then he never went to the playoffs again.''

prodigy
03-28-2009, 01:04 PM
when i think lebron i think headband and baby powder. when i think basketball i think Jordan

When I think wade I think tiny baby's and womans underwear. Not sure if thats good or bad.

I had a really good one, But thought better lol.

I also had a great one for kobe, but It was really mean.

KBfrom8to24
03-28-2009, 01:04 PM

You mean ESPN is a planet of the apes?

lakersrock
03-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Um..he very well might be in the next decade. With the globalization of basketball, everyone is following it now and Lebron is the poster boy. Ask the 2 billion people in China, who are going crazy over basketball now ever since Yao Ming entered the NBA, and the first person that will come to their mind is either Lebron James and Kobe Bryant, and Kobe Bryant isn't going to be in the league after maybe the next 8 years.

You know which player sold the most jerseys in China. I'll give you two hints....it wasn't LeBron and it was Kobe.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Brian Cardinal the janitor!

YankeeFan89
03-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Yes, because everyone would be like ''whatever happen to that lebron guy''.

'' IDK, I think he went to NY, then he never went to the playoffs again.''

The Knicks are almost a playoff team without a superstar right now...Imagine in 2010 when they do get 2 superstars...(combination of Lebron,Bosh,Wade etc) They will def. be a playoff team especially in the eastern conference.

brendol
03-28-2009, 01:15 PM
marketing is still in jordan's favor.

air jordans are still vastly popular.

BullySixChicago
03-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Did anyone else hear Jackie Mac,(Pat Summit's evil Twin)say on "Around The Horn" that Lebron James is "The Most Popular Player Ever"? I mean what's next? James Naismith had Lebron in mind when he created BB? Lebron Is the Sexiest man alive? Am I the only one who thinks this Statement was Insane?:sigh:no you are not jackie is smoking some serious shyt to even say that Bron is the most popular player ever. Maybe Jackie wasn't alive when MJ was playing. If you took a vote right now 99% of the people alive would pick MJ as the most popular player ever to play nba basketball except the people in cleveland where MJ gets boos when he is even in another city watching his sons play ball. To those haters we understand their boo's he destroyed the cavs so much that they cant do anything together except boo the sight of MJ. Bron most popular lol and jsckie needs to stop eating all thos damn boston bake beans

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-28-2009, 01:20 PM
The Knicks are almost a playoff team without a superstar right now...Imagine in 2010 when they do get 2 superstars...(combination of Lebron,Bosh,Wade etc) They will def. be a playoff team especially in the eastern conference.

A lot can happen in a couple years in the NBA, saying that the East is not going to continue to get better is kind of ignorant.

But LeBron isn't leaving Cleveland, so stop dreaming.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-28-2009, 01:21 PM

When I think of jrodmesche I think what and idiot he is.

BullySixChicago
03-28-2009, 01:24 PM
The Knicks are almost a playoff team without a superstar right now...Imagine in 2010 when they do get 2 superstars...(combination of Lebron,Bosh,Wade etc) They will def. be a playoff team especially in the eastern conference.knicks get 2 superstars man you new yerkers will be shocked when you dont get either one of those 3 maybe bosh but bron and wade lol dont get real I think bron stays in Cav land and wade is either going to stay in miami or head home to chicago other wise knicks will be the laughing stock of the nba when it becomes sure it wont get either

GiantMetKnick
03-28-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm currently living in Europe for the semester, in a country that does not care at all about basketball.

Michael Jordan is without a doubt the most popular basketball player. It's not even close, everyone knows him if they know any basketball players.

Lebron is not even the most popular basketball player now, its actually Shaq. Second to Shaq is Kobe Bryant or maybe Yao Ming. People here have heard of Shaq and Kobe, but unless they follow basketball not Lebron James, he just hasn't been around long enough.

ARMIN12NBA
03-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Well he is the most popular player in the NBA right now.

In the world or in America? Maybe in America, but definitely not the world.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-28-2009, 01:30 PM
knicks get 2 superstars man you new yerkers will be shocked when you dont get either one of those 3 maybe bosh but bron and wade lol dont get real I think bron stays in Cav land and wade is either going to stay in miami or head home to chicago other wise knicks will be the laughing stock of the nba when it becomes sure it wont get either

Yeah Knicks fans that honestly think they are guaranteed two stars let alone one, are well funny.

YankeeFan89
03-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Yeah Knicks fans that honestly thin they are guaranteed two stars let alone one, are well funny.

Haha will see =] that list of FAs is big.

pelfry34
03-28-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm currently living in Europe for the semester, in a country that does not care at all about basketball.

Michael Jordan is without a doubt the most popular basketball player. It's not even close, everyone knows him if they know any basketball players.

Lebron is not even the most popular basketball player now, its actually Shaq. Second to Shaq is Kobe Bryant or maybe Yao Ming. People here have heard of Shaq and Kobe, but unless they follow basketball not Lebron James, he just hasn't been around long enough.

Also T-Mac for some reason as well.
Jordan brought the marketing to a whole new level. Most people around the world didnt even give a **** about basketball.

JordansBulls
03-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Then shouldn't he be #1 in jersey sales?

EX-TREME
03-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Brian Cardinal the janitor!

:laugh2:

chilly
03-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Lol, LeBron didn't even finish first in the NBA All-Star voting.

lakerboy
03-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Popular just in America. If you go out, like in China, he won't even come close to Kobe.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Lol, LeBron didn't even finish first in the NBA All-Star voting.

Yeah Brian Cardinal the janitor! Picking up some big votes like he picks up trash won that contest, but what can you expect.

IRUAM #21
03-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Mark Blount

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Mark Blount sucks, its all about Brian Cardinal the JANITOR!

IRUAM #21
03-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Mark Blount sucks, its all about Brian Cardinal the JANITOR!

Blount is better ;)

chitownbulls
03-28-2009, 02:46 PM
MJ is better

IRUAM #21
03-28-2009, 02:48 PM
MJ is better

Mike James right ?

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Brian Cardinal would destroy Blount, like he destroys dirt in the hallways.

More shats!
03-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Michael Jordan is rolling in his grave after seeing this.

IRUAM #21
03-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Brian Cardinal would destroy Blount, like he destroys dirt in the hallways.

:speechless:

Kyben36
03-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Not true, My mom knows who MJ is, My grandma know who he is too, Im sure they have no idea Lebron is.

BTownTeamsRKing
03-28-2009, 03:08 PM
when the Celtics and Lakers played, they aired those games in countries u have never heard of. i hear this all the time from older relatives who used to live in those countries. all they talk about is Bird vs. Magic.

u will never see a Cavs game aired in those countries. on the tv networks over there, they always show Celtics and Lakers and old Jordan highlights.

Jordan is the most popluar player by far. even if u dont know much about basketball, u know Jordan.

as someone mentioned Shaq is also extremely popular. and oddly enough the Kings team used to be super popular.

LeBron may be god to ESPN, but globally, they dont see him the way they saw Jordan, Bird, and Magic.

Jahari Kavi
03-28-2009, 03:28 PM

you should think before posting something like this.

But Lebron isn't the most popular ever, but I think it's safe to say that he along with Kobe, Wade, Yao and a few others are all global b-ball icons.......By the time his career is over I think he will definitely be more popular than Bird or Magic.............the only way he ever reaches MJ status with popularity is if he wins multiple rings..............

Jahari Kavi
03-28-2009, 03:30 PM
as someone mentioned Shaq is also extremely popular. and oddly enough the Kings team used to be super popular.

LeBron may be god to ESPN, but globally, they dont see him the way they saw Jordan, Bird, and Magic.

which proves that an individual can be popular even if they play in a small market (although the Kings were loaded with foreigners).......and b-ball games air just about anywhere nowadays........

Jahari Kavi
03-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Also T-Mac for some reason as well.
Jordan brought the marketing to a whole new level. Most people around the world didnt even give a **** about basketball.

Tmac receives a lot of support from China, because of Yao........some say that Tmac is even more popular than Yao over there........

abe_froman
03-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Michael Jordan is rolling in his grave after seeing this.

if he had a grave to roll in...he's not dead!

prodigy
03-28-2009, 03:53 PM
u will never see a Cavs game aired in those countries. on the tv networks over there, they always show Celtics and Lakers and old Jordan highlights.

I watched 13 cavs games 2 years ago when I was in iraq.

prodigy
03-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Tmac receives a lot of support from China, because of Yao........some say that Tmac is even more popular than Yao over there........

lebron has his own store in china.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-28-2009, 04:09 PM
I watched 13 cavs games 2 years ago when I was in iraq.

Yeah don't **** with Prodigy.

More shats!
03-28-2009, 04:21 PM
if he had a grave to roll in...he's not dead!

Is a saying dude, i know the man is not dead :rolleyes:

Teeboy1487
03-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Typical ESPN writers. They worship the ground this guy spit on. Back to the subject, I actually think Lebron just needs some rings to solidify his popularity globally but he will never reach Jordan's status as much as ESPN want him too.

D Roses Bulls
03-28-2009, 04:48 PM

never jordan will be the most recognized and popular player ever. this man has been retired 5 years, technically 11 cause we dont count those washington years in chicago and his name is still selling. i mean you still see him on trading cards. no one will ever probably in my life time will be as popular as jordan was.

fishfan79
03-28-2009, 05:20 PM
nobody can be as good as mike

everyone wants to be like mike though

Lebron isnt even close to as good as Magic was or as popular

prodigy
03-28-2009, 05:30 PM
The stupid thing is everybody wants to compare everyone to jordan. Last time I checked he's not playing anymore. So I could careless about him. He was a great player. keyword WAS. lebron is only 24, and people are talkin about him being the most popular athlete in the world. Thats pretty good even if he's not.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Yeah his age is one of the best things going for him right now.

da wood
03-28-2009, 05:49 PM
most popular is kobe i believe evenin jersey sales it tells the story

Becks2307
03-28-2009, 07:10 PM
wasn't kobe byyy farr more popular in China in the olympics ?
LeBron has a ways to ago.

rabzouz 96
03-28-2009, 07:56 PM
who allowed that woman to leave the kitchen?

brendol
03-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Is a saying dude, i know the man is not dead :rolleyes:

its only a saying you say when the person is dead lol...

LAcowBOMBER
03-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Kobe was more popular in China and I would think that everyone that knows who LeBron James in America knows Kobe Bryant. Of course, those same people probably know who Michael Jordan is as well

prodigy
03-28-2009, 09:19 PM
most popular is kobe i believe evenin jersey sales it tells the story

Tells me CA has alittle more people then ohio. But with lebron being in a so called ''small market'' His jerseys and shoes are doing pretty darn well.

ARMIN12NBA
03-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Tells me CA has alittle more people then ohio. But with lebron being in a so called ''small market'' His jerseys and shoes are doing pretty darn well.

How stupid of a person are you? For one, Bryant's sales are larger all around the world. Not just California. Secondly, you do realize that Lebron's shoe sales and jersey sales have been considered disappointing? Nike has even been criticized because they spend so much money on Lebron and he doesn't deliver like others.

koreancabbage
03-28-2009, 09:39 PM
How stupid of a person are you? For one, Bryant's sales are larger all around the world. Not just California. Secondly, you do realize that Lebron's shoe sales and jersey sales have been considered disappointing? Nike has even been criticized because they spend so much money on Lebron and he doesn't deliver like others.

don't worry, Lebron will be up there soon. takes time to build your name around the world

koreancabbage
03-28-2009, 09:40 PM
and plus, i'm loving it even more when i have a couple of Lebron rookie cards.

LakerzDQ
03-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Kobe is more popular around the world.

yeah, that's it.