PDA

View Full Version : Good news for croce - 3 Iowa guys transfer

Devils05
03-28-2009, 01:29 AM
From ESPn.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4021917)

It's been two years since coach Todd Lickliter took over at Iowa, and he's essentially right back where he started.

Lickliter said Friday that starting guards Jake Kelly and Jeff Peterson and reserve forward David Palmer plan to transfer. The announcement comes two days after junior Jermain Davis announced that he will to transfer to Minnesota State, a Division II school.

The departures of Kelly and Peterson, who would have been juniors, and Davis and Palmer, both of whom have one year of eligibility left, leave Iowa with just seven players and recruits Eric May and Brennan Cougill.

croce_99
03-28-2009, 04:24 AM
Tryouts will be tomorrow. Qualifications include:
Being 5'6" or taller
Capable of passing the ball for 30 seconds
Lack of an inside game preferred
Low basketball IQ.

If you meet those requirements, you CAN play for us!!

:(

DamnGoat
03-28-2009, 04:48 AM
Tryouts will be tomorrow. Qualifications include:
Being 5'6" or taller
Capable of passing the ball for 30 seconds
Lack of an inside game preferred
Low basketball IQ.

If you meet those requirements, you CAN play for us!!

:(

Are you gonna try out?

croce_99
03-28-2009, 05:43 AM
Are you gonna try out?

I meet all of the requirements except I have a high basketball IQ.
So, technically, I'm too good for the team.

:sigh:

Sport
03-28-2009, 07:02 AM
That's kind of cool one of them is transferring to MSU (Minnesota State).

LivingThroughMe
03-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Bummer for Iowa. Jake Kelly was a pretty good player. They'll be on the bottom of the Big 10 next year for sure.

Kakaroach
03-28-2009, 01:34 PM
That sucks for Iowa lol. Head Coach will prolly be fired now right?

jacquewho?
03-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Poor Lickliter. He was great at Butler, but hasn't had any success since. I wonder where Kelly will go transfer to. He's from my hometown, so maybe he will come to IU?

gocubs2118
03-28-2009, 03:44 PM
LOL! I have no sympathy for them.

Devils05
03-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Bummer for Iowa. Jake Kelly was a pretty good player. They'll be on the bottom of the Big 10 next year for sure.
Compared to this year when they were near the top? :p

SidTheKid
03-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Wow that sucks.

LivingThroughMe
03-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Poor Lickliter. He was great at Butler, but hasn't had any success since. I wonder where Kelly will go transfer to. He's from my hometown, so maybe he will come to IU?

Rumors are ISU because his father lives in Terre Haute.

Compared to this year when they were near the top? :p

Well, not the absolute bottom. IU will be better and Iowa will be considerably worse. They may be the IU of this year and win only a game in conference.

cardinals1226
03-28-2009, 09:41 PM

He's going to Indiana State. He has a friend going to Rose Hullman and he wants to be closer to home and his dad after the death of his mom.

RedHeadsRule
03-28-2009, 09:54 PM
You mean players don't enjoy playing on a team that holds the ball for 30 seconds and scores 40 points a game? Shocking.

croce_99
03-29-2009, 02:32 AM
You mean players don't enjoy playing on a team that holds the ball for 30 seconds and scores 40 points a game? Shocking.

:laugh2:
Lickliter "style" of basketball makes me want to kill something.

I've said it before...the guy is probably one of the nicest guys, but my goodness, you can not play "butler" basketball in a major conference.

LivingThroughMe
03-29-2009, 02:56 AM

I've said it before...the guy is probably one of the nicest guys, but my goodness, you can not play "butler" basketball in a major conference.

+1 man.

He totally seems like a genuinely good guy. I feel bad for him.

croce_99
03-29-2009, 03:18 AM
Atleast I have football to look forward to :sigh:

We are NCAA wrestling champions :)
Too bad our basketball team sucks more than an 'xxx' movie

LivingThroughMe
03-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Atleast I have football to look forward to :sigh:

We are NCAA wrestling champions :)
Too bad our basketball team sucks more than an 'xxx' movie

Hahaha. Yeah, at least your football team can hang with good teams. Mine is in for a few years of awfulness before a surge of mediocrity.

RedHeadsRule
03-29-2009, 11:54 AM

I doubt he's going to get many real good recruits with his style of play, so I bet Iowa will be below average as long as he stays. He's going to attract average 3 point shooters, and he'll have a team full of Devan Bawinkel's. I miss Alford.

cardinals1226
03-29-2009, 12:23 PM

Sure you can, but you have to have the players to do it, and Iowa never did. Lickliter was never really given a chance to create his own system or recruit his own players because he walked into a team in 2007 that Alford had already put together. This season was his first chance to recruit and those players are all leaving. If Iowa gives Lickliter a chance, he can turn Iowa into a much better team, but 2 years is not long enough to establish a program.

Devils05
05-27-2009, 05:52 PM
From ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4207470)

Guard Jeff Peterson is transferring from Iowa to Arkansas.

The Razorbacks confirmed the transfer on Tuesday.

Peterson averaged 10.6 points per game for the Hawkeyes last season and Arkansas coach John Pelphrey says he's a good addition to the Razorbacks' program.

Peterson will sit out a year before being eligible for the 2010-11 season. He started 25 games for the Hawkeyes as a sophomore in 2008-09 but missed the final seven games of the season with a hamstring injury.