PDA

View Full Version : What is the Best Rivalry Right Now?

ProdigyI
03-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Im going with the Bulls/Heat.

The reason why this rivalry is great is because the Heat have shown to be a bunch of dirty players such as the Posey........

Here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLnTdZb18oM

and Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxU3YXcRwV0

and our crowd lets him know it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0

We faced them in the 2006 playoffs where they beat us in 6 when we were the 7th seed....

we faced them in the 2007 playoffs and swept them as defending champions

most of the regular seasons games have been really good and close

I would say Lakers-Celts if they were in the same conference.

ottograham14
03-27-2009, 12:37 PM
I like the Lakers vs. Spurs. It seems lately that who ever wins that series in the playoffs is going to go to the Finals. I wish that it would get a little more heated like the Spurs/Suns rivalry or like the Kings/Lakers series use to be a couple years ago.

I think another good one that could start to heat up too could be Cleveland/Boston if they see each other again in the playoffs.

This year though you really haven't heard to much heat from teams to teams but instead just players to players like Shaq. Hope the playoffs get a little more exciting.

illhoops
03-27-2009, 12:39 PM
I have to go with Cavs/Celtics. I know it's not listed, but they've been going at it the last 2 years.

Follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/illhoops

NYYCowboys
03-27-2009, 12:48 PM
what about the knicks and clippers rivalry for worst franchise in the NBA??

MiamiHeat
03-27-2009, 12:51 PM
lol and the Bulls aren't dirty? lol you Bulls fans are sad

4-1

Weidner9
03-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Got to go cavs celtics here

NYYCowboys
03-27-2009, 12:56 PM
only reason it may be Cavs/Wiz is because they got Jay-z and Soulja boy involved in their beef

J$mo0th_3o5
03-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Lol at us being dirty.

JordansBulls
03-27-2009, 12:57 PM
I would have to say a series where both teams ended up winning. So Bulls vs Heat as both teams have beaten each other in a series recently and Spurs vs Lakers as well.

DrDEADalready
03-27-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm going with other! But the only one everyone hears about is Celtics and lakers.

JaySmoke
03-27-2009, 12:59 PM
bulls arena is mad quiet i almost fell asleep last night

tdunk21
03-27-2009, 01:00 PM
cavs - celtics
lakers - spurs
lakers - celtics

J$mo0th_3o5
03-27-2009, 01:02 PM

:laugh:

JJ81
03-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Bulls and Heat is a boring rivalry

J$mo0th_3o5
03-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Bulls and Heat is a boring rivalry

Yeah cause we always beat them:p As for yesterday we let them win.

superkegger
03-27-2009, 01:10 PM
I like the Lakers vs. Spurs. It seems lately that who ever wins that series in the playoffs is going to go to the Finals.

Since 1999, there was only 1 year in which the Lakers or the Spurs didn't reach the finals, and that was 06. I don't know how many times they met in the playoffs, but for the last 10 years they've been the best two teams in the west (if not the entire NBA), and while it's not a heated or hate filled rivalry. It's a rivalry, and an intense one.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-27-2009, 01:12 PM
It would be good to have a rivalry with the Spurs. But I really dont feel any tension towards the Spurs. They are all really nice guys. They dont give you reasons to hate them. Plus, almost every Spur fan I have ever met has been cool like Joshtd1 or JayW 1023. They give me no reason to hate them.

Plus the fact that the Spurs never really give the Lakers problems in the playoffs. Out of the 5 times the Lakers have played the Spurs in the playoffs this decade, the Lakers are 4-1 with a win loss record of 18-6 vs the Spurs :speechless:

The Ooh Child
03-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Bulls and Heat have a rivalry?

Razz4
03-27-2009, 01:27 PM

lol bulls fans try and call it that

JJ81
03-27-2009, 01:29 PM

Didn't they knock you out of the first round, the last time you were in a series?

EX-TREME
03-27-2009, 01:36 PM
i like the bulls - heat rivarly

WadeCounty
03-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Didn't they knock you out of the first round, the last time you were in a series?

I'm tired of hearing about that series, thats the year wade got his shoulder messedup and could barely dunk. The first 2 games the heat got BS'ed on with no calls coming to the heats direction, I wouldn't be happy to say they beat the heat under those conditions. I admit the last 2 games tho the heat played terrible in but after getting the first 2 robbed from them it becomes a mental thing knowing your behind this amount of games

iced_earth4
03-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Has, is and always will be C's-Lakers!

DLeeicious
03-27-2009, 02:19 PM
I think the Bulls Knicks and the Bulls Pistons are better rivalrys than the Bulls Heat. Other than a few playoff series in the 90s and 2 in the last 5 years we haven't really been at each others throats.

As far as who has the biggest rivalry around the league I would say the Lakers Celtics. Back in the Magic vs. Bird days there was no rivalry like it. And with last year and probably this year again its turning out to be another good rivalry.

DLeeicious
03-27-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm tired of hearing about that series, thats the year wade got his shoulder messedup and could barely dunk. The first 2 games the heat got BS'ed on with no calls coming to the heats direction, I wouldn't be happy to say they beat the heat under those conditions. I admit the last 2 games tho the heat played terrible in but after getting the first 2 robbed from them it becomes a mental thing knowing your behind this amount of games

If you are sick of hearing about it then stop posting about it. You got absolutely rolled, I mean completely destroyed that series and that is the honest to goodness truth. Deal with it and move on. Don't give one excuse after another. The Bulls absolutely dominated the Heat, it was never even a contest.

DLeeicious
03-27-2009, 02:22 PM

It's more that the PSD Heat fans and the PSD Bulls fans have a rivalry for some reason. The Bulls have rivalrys with Detroit and New York, not with Miami, YET. Maybe at some point but definitely not now.

bosox3431
03-27-2009, 02:27 PM

your tired of hearing about it, why? Because you lost. If we talked about the finals you won, you would be in here all day. quit making cry baby exuses, and get a wheel chair and get out of here

mjt20mik
03-27-2009, 02:33 PM
That one series with the Lakers - Suns, and the Suns - Spurs were really fun to watch. Both teams played with so much heart, plus there were like physical plays and such.

So my vote would have to go to either one of those.

JordansBulls
03-27-2009, 02:39 PM

Wade's numbers were roughly the same from the year before. Also we nearly beat you in 2006 and we were worse. In 2007 we got better and you guys were older. So if you barely beat us in 2006 then in 2007 you didn't stand a chance. Also we had the Wade stopper in Hinrich.

WadeCounty
03-27-2009, 02:43 PM
your tired of hearing about it, why? Because you lost. If we talked about the finals you won, you would be in here all day. quit making cry baby exuses, and get a wheel chair and get out of here

what I find most funny about that is how hypocritical you sound, it seems your making fun of d-wade's shoulder injury yet bulls fans want him to be their messiah in 2010? lol, as for the finals we dont ever talk about that's already in the past what matters in the present but people keep dwelling about past years

WadeCounty
03-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Wade's numbers were roughly the same from the year before. Also we nearly beat you in 2006 and we were worse. In 2007 we got better and you guys were older. So if you barely beat us in 2006 then in 2007 you didn't stand a chance. Also we had the Wade stopper in Hinrich.

I remember that year and the reason his numbers were the same was because he had to carry alot of the teams burden that year considering shaqs fake injuries, so when he went down for part of the season to comeback in time for the playoffs his numbers from before kinda canceled each other out

btw its not much of a rivalry but I prefer suns vs spurs

chitownbulls
03-27-2009, 03:49 PM

thats how I felt when we swept you guys in Miami.

ProdigyI
03-27-2009, 03:59 PM
thats how I felt when we swept you guys in Miami.

:ouch: :dance: :laugh:

abe_froman
03-27-2009, 04:04 PM
It's more that the PSD Heat fans and the PSD Bulls fans have a rivalry for some reason. The Bulls have rivalrys with Detroit and New York, not with Miami, YET. Maybe at some point but definitely not now.

i dunno even the teams themselves do seem to play each other pretty hard,and usually make it an exciting game every time they meet.while detroit and ny are carry overs from the old days fueling it more than the actually games these days,with all three teams not usually on the same level while the heat are closer

example: pistons and bulls meet up on the level in late 80's/early 90's,they fall off and not a threat for rest of the decade,then we fall off,and they rise

knicks:meet up in the 90's,we fall off the map,they stay goodish,we go on the rise while they fall into the basement

heat and us had a mini thing in late 90's,both fall off,both become good,both have abysmal seasons last year...both bounce back into playoff teams this

MiamiHeat
03-27-2009, 04:12 PM
lol
I find it funny how when the Heat won the previous games vs. the Bulls this season
the Bulls fans were nowhere to be found but now that they won 1 game out of the 4 games of the season they are creating threads and trying to insult us :laugh2:
typical Bulls fans

bosox3431
03-27-2009, 04:13 PM
what I find most funny about that is how hypocritical you sound, it seems your making fun of d-wade's shoulder injury yet bulls fans want him to be their messiah in 2010? lol, as for the finals we dont ever talk about that's already in the past what matters in the present but people keep dwelling about past years

How hypocritical I sound because of what other bulls fans I want? I dare you to find one post that says I want Wade in a Bulls uni. No what your talking about before running your mouth.

D Roses Bulls
03-27-2009, 04:28 PM

uh then i guess you didnt see the flagellant foul magloire put on noah yesterday

MiamiHeat
03-27-2009, 04:31 PM
uh then i guess you didnt see the flagellant foul magloire put on noah yesterday

if you watch heat games, that should be normal for you because he always does that no matter who it is, he is known for throwing elbows and playing hard like that, he doesn't allow any easy dunks or layups

KB24PG16
03-27-2009, 04:33 PM
boston LA but bulls heat is pretty good

YankeeFan89
03-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Lakers Celtics for sure lol

ottograham14
03-27-2009, 05:25 PM

A Dwayne Wade fan complaining about not getting any calls. :clap::clap:

Thats a riot. A laugh riot.

Anyways can all you Bulls and Heat fans start your own thread to continue to argue so the rest of us can get back onto the topic in this thread. Thanks.

Kakaroach
03-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Wtf?! You have the Hawks and Celtics but not the Jazz and Rockets?! :pity:

BigDaddyKaine
03-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Speaking in part of the Bulls Heat "rivalry".... i could have swore that at least one of the teams had to be good for there to be a rivalry but i could be mistaken

Sly Guy
03-27-2009, 09:41 PM
I think Phoenix-Dallas would be one to add to that list as well.

dolfan720
03-27-2009, 09:41 PM
rockets spurs

dolfan720
03-27-2009, 09:42 PM
also jazz rockets

dolfan720
03-27-2009, 09:43 PM
and u cant forget the Clips Lakers. LA rivalry!

steamydumplings
03-28-2009, 12:47 AM
celts and lakers

its always a great intense game when these two come together

dbeastly
03-30-2009, 05:55 PM
im so happy us heat fans arent like u loser bulls fans that go on youtube and type in "Hard foul by heat on the bulls"and then post it on a thread. I think u should start typing "dwyane wade murdering the bulls every day" and "will the bulls sign dwyane wade in 2010" .Go watch a cubs game b/c the bulls suck ****. (P.S Dwyane just moved a block away from me)

IversonIsKrazy
03-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Y isnt Spurs-Lakers an option. Thas probally bin the BIGGEST RIVALRY of this decade. In the 2000's, only once either lakers nor spurs made the finals. They've played each-other probally 6 times this decade. And Spurs winning abt 2 times, while lakers won abt 4 times.

Kakaroach
03-30-2009, 07:49 PM
also jazz rockets Somebody else that actually knows what they are talking about.

Vinny642
03-30-2009, 08:10 PM
I'd say the two greatest in terms of success franchise and last years Finals Matchup, but i hate them both ;); dont ban me lol

Vinny642
03-30-2009, 08:12 PM
also jazz rockets

I love it when Jazz wins in the playoffs, and the media are like "TMac still can't get out of the first round."

Spurred1
03-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Y isnt Spurs-Lakers an option. Thas probally bin the BIGGEST RIVALRY of this decade. In the 2000's, only once either lakers nor spurs made the finals. They've played each-other probally 6 times this decade. And Spurs winning abt 2 times, while lakers won abt 4 times.

Probably because there aren't any negative feelings/hostility with the Spurs-Lakers like there is with rivalries. Bulls-Heat have an ugly history together, Jazz-Rockets hate each other and the fans of both teams do a lot of trash talking, Lakers-Celtics-lots of history and the two teams play rough with each other. I would say that there is more of a Spurs-Suns rivalry than a Spurs-Lakers rivalry. Just my opinion.

RealistRocket34
03-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Of those up there, Lakers vs Celtics, not very close either.

bosox3431
03-31-2009, 10:34 AM
of those up there, anyone involving my favorite team, and it's not even close

ProdigyI
03-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Probably because there aren't any negative feelings/hostility with the Spurs-Lakers like there is with rivalries. Bulls-Heat have an ugly history together, Jazz-Rockets hate each other and the fans of both teams do a lot of trash talking, Lakers-Celtics-lots of history and the two teams play rough with each other. I would say that there is more of a Spurs-Suns rivalry than a Spurs-Lakers rivalry. Just my opinion.

I agree

Bulls4Lyfe
03-31-2009, 01:25 PM

Wade was injured during the 2nd half of the season and came back for the playoffs. He wasn't even close to 100%. Any reasonable person could see that.

Bulls didn't nearly beat the Heat in 2006. Series was 4-2 Miami. It was competitive, but the Bulls didn't really have much of a chance of winning. You think you guys nearly won? I guess McCain nearly won the presidential election as well...

2007 we didn't have a chance because, yes, the guys were older and wade was at about 50% at best.

Wade stopper in Hinrich? Yes, Hinrich defended Wade well, can't argue that. However, I wouldn't call him a "Wade stopper."

Regardless, Heat-Bulls have a pretty good rivalry - makes the games more exciting for sure. Adding the 2006, 2007 playoff series to the competitive regular season games to the Rose/Beasley debate..makes for a good rivarly between the 2 teams.

ProdigyI
03-31-2009, 01:47 PM
Wade was injured during the 2nd half of the season and came back for the playoffs. He wasn't even close to 100%. Any reasonable person could see that.

Bulls didn't nearly beat the Heat in 2006. Series was 4-2 Miami. It was competitive, but the Bulls didn't really have much of a chance of winning. You think you guys nearly won? I guess McCain nearly won the presidential election as well...

2007 we didn't have a chance because, yes, the guys were older and wade was at about 50% at best.

Wade stopper in Hinrich? Yes, Hinrich defended Wade well, can't argue that. However, I wouldn't call him a "Wade stopper."

Regardless, Heat-Bulls have a pretty good rivalry - makes the games more exciting for sure. Adding the 2006, 2007 playoff series to the competitive regular season games to the Rose/Beasley debate..makes for a good rivarly between the 2 teams.

Actually the series was tied 2-2 and in game 5 the Bulls had a 7 point lead in the 3rd quarter and then Wade got injured and left the floor. Wade comes back, heat play inspired ball and they win. Wade never comes back that game, Bulls win that series. So yes, it was close.

WhatWould23Do
03-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Bulls didn't nearly beat the Heat in 2006. Series was 4-2 Miami. It was competitive, but the Bulls didn't really have much of a chance of winning.

MIA 111 - CHI 106 (really only down 3 but FTs made it larger)
MIA 115 - CHI 108
CHI 109 - MIA 90
CHI 93 - MIA 87 (same as game 1 just reversed)
MIA 92 - CHI 78
MIA 113 - CHI 96

so we lose games 1 and 2 by a combined 12 points. destroy you in game 3. beat you again in game 4. play like absolute **** in game 5. then you guys turn it on, mainly shaq with his 30 and 20 this game, in game 6.

we lost yes, but we definitely had a chance at winning. and a decent chance at worst.

RodmansBulls
03-31-2009, 03:39 PM
Hawks vs C's those games go down to the wire...
Hornets vs Jazz Battle of the top point guards
Lakers vs C's probably the best one currently
Jazz vs Rockets these teams hate each other Jazz knocked them out of the playoffs
Bulls vs Heat boring rivalry, when they played them on TNT i feel asleep.

JLynn943
03-31-2009, 03:58 PM
I was unaware that there even is a Bulls/Heat rivalry.

I voted Suns-Spurs. While they don't really play each other a lot, the games between them are always intense and great to watch. Of course the playoffs just add even more to the rivalry.

Still, my favorite rivalry of all time is Kings vs Lakers(/David Stern/Referees, lol). at least in the first half of this decade, those games were great