PDA

View Full Version : Teams without a plan and Rebuilding Teams

futureman
03-26-2009, 06:05 PM
There are some team out there who are rebuilding, that know exactly what it is that they are looking to do. There are others that have no idea what they are doing. In your mind, who are the rebuilidng teams that have a plan and who are the ones that have no idea what they are doing?

Here is my opinion.

Teams With a Plan.

1. Knicks. They are doing a great job from rebounding against the turmoil that they have experienced since the days of Isaiah Thomas and Scott Layden. They are the biggest threat to be a title contender after 2010.

2. Thunder. Most teams that relocate are in disarray for a number of years before anything good comes out of it. But they have a very strong nucleus with Durant, Westbrook and Green. Provided who they draft, or who they can aqcuire in free agency, this team could be a playoff contender next season.

3. Grizzles. They have alot of money to spend. If they can get themselves a quality PF or PG they will be in good shape.

4. Pacers. I think that this team will be a playoff team next year with everyone healthy. Danny Granger will be a star for years to come. one good draft pick this summer, will better cement this fact. They need to get rid of Tinsley though.

Teams without a plan.

Clippers. Hiring isaiah thomas will be a crushing blow. They seem to have alot of talent but no chemistry at all.
Warriors. see Clippers
Timberwolves.
Bobcats.
Bucks
Raptors. Having their star player rumored to be disgruntled is not a good sign for a team trying to get into the playoffs.
Kings. Nocioni said it himself. The Kings are more interested with financial concerns than with building a winning organization. I belief a number 1 pick won't help too much at this point.

So whats your opinion?

LTS
03-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Gotta disagree with memphis they cant seem to get there young players to work togather and have even shopped gay which is not a sign of knowing what your doing

Bobcats know exactly what there doing just need a go to scorerer and they already our in the playoff race this year and have made great moves int rades

Knicks there dropping contracts for this big 2010 season but from the way your judging kings there in the same boat cutting money for the future but personally I'd take a jason Thompson and hawes over the knicks assets because they will be good in the fututre and so will a B griffin

Bucks continue to find talent where others dont R Sessions and redd there increbly resilant and have had major injurys and our still in competion for the 8th seed

Kings Faithful
03-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Your going to base your opinion about the Kings on one player who's played here for only a month and probably wasn't happy to begin with since we are the worst team in the league? Im pretty sure we do have a plan considering we traded Bibby, Miller, Salmons, Artest away so we can have a crap load of cash going into the offseason...not to mention Spencer Hawes (who is averaging 15 and 8 and 3 this month at the age of 20) and Jason Thompson who has turned out to be pretty good for his rookie season. All that combined with a first round pick and Kevin Martin to build around seems like a pretty good plan to me...

tdunk21
03-26-2009, 06:42 PM
without plan
kings
raptors
bucks(for tryin to trade jefferson )
clippers
suns(for tradin marion and tried to get rid of amare)

futureman
03-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Your going to base your opinion about the Kings on one player who's played here for only a month and probably wasn't happy to begin with since we are the worst team in the league? Im pretty sure we do have a plan considering we traded Bibby, Miller, Salmons, Artest away so we can have a crap load of cash going into the offseason...not to mention Spencer Hawes (who is averaging 15 and 8 and 3 this month at the age of 20) and Jason Thompson who has turned out to be pretty good for his rookie season. All that combined with a first round pick and Kevin Martin to build around seems like a pretty good plan to me...

I would also base it due to the fact that they might be relocating soon. Also, the bulls were a rebuilding team themselves. and that says alot when one guy goes from at that time was a non playoff team to a situation like there is in sacramento. From what I recall, Miller was happy to be out of there. I think it was because the bulls have a plan. If sacramento has a plan, I'm not understanding it.

LTS
03-26-2009, 06:59 PM
I would also base it due to the fact that they might be relocating soon. Also, the bulls were a rebuilding team themselves. and that says alot when one guy goes from at that time was a non playoff team to a situation like there is in sacramento. From what I recall, Miller was happy to be out of there. I think it was because the bulls have a plan. If sacramento has a plan, I'm not understanding it.

Check your facts he cried about leaving making anything else you said in that paragraph null

Shammyguy3
03-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Teams without a plan are teams that are sort of in basketball hell i.e. teams that want to rebuild but find themselves in the playoffs: EXAMPLES--Bulls, 76ers, Pistons.

I'm a Bull fan, so i can back up that statement easiest since i watch them play every time they're on the court. Derrick Rose equals the future, but we are also trying to make the playoffs instead of just focusing on his development. Hence whether or not we go for a free agent this summer or in 2010. Thing's are not so clear here in Chicago.

The Pistons, well, they are just bad. That Iverson for Billups trade turned out to be the worst trade of the year for one team and the best trade of the year for the other (i don't think i need to mention which team got the really, really short end of the straw). They're getting older and it seems to me that they aren't sure if they are one piece away from contending again or if they need to revamp the team.

The 76ers seem to be going in the "contender....eventually" role. But I'm not sure they are good or not. Andre Miller is underrated, and I've always liked Iguodala, but beyond that i don't kno if they are a piece away from contending (btw that Elton Brand signing doesn't look good so far).

Those are my big 3 that are planless....but i don't really know how the Western Conference teams are doing with their plans so i'll just stick to the East.

akesh99
03-26-2009, 07:20 PM
i dont think the raps r rebuilding. ya they had a terrible year but thats due to a lot of issues. at the start of the season they actually had a good team on paper. bosh is unhappy like any player would be when theyre team is underachieving. a couple more additions this offseason and i think the raps are back in playoff contention.

xmoney328
03-26-2009, 07:45 PM
The Knick does have a plan...in Fact they have too strong of a plan that can back fire if LBJ/C.Bosh or who ever their banking on sign else where

sacgiants1213
03-26-2009, 07:49 PM
the kings plan is too build around a nice nucleus of blake griffin, hawes, thompson, and kevin martin.

they'll sign a point guard or draft one with houston's pick. Sounds like a good plan to me.

DerekRE_3
03-26-2009, 07:54 PM
There are some team out there who are rebuilding, that know exactly what it is that they are looking to do. There are others that have no idea what they are doing. In your mind, who are the rebuilidng teams that have a plan and who are the ones that have no idea what they are doing?

Here is my opinion.

Teams With a Plan.

1. Knicks. They are doing a great job from rebounding against the turmoil that they have experienced since the days of Isaiah Thomas and Scott Layden. They are the biggest threat to be a title contender after 2010.

2. Thunder. Most teams that relocate are in disarray for a number of years before anything good comes out of it. But they have a very strong nucleus with Durant, Westbrook and Green. Provided who they draft, or who they can aqcuire in free agency, this team could be a playoff contender next season.

3. Grizzles. They have alot of money to spend. If they can get themselves a quality PF or PG they will be in good shape.

4. Pacers. I think that this team will be a playoff team next year with everyone healthy. Danny Granger will be a star for years to come. one good draft pick this summer, will better cement this fact. They need to get rid of Tinsley though.

Teams without a plan.

Clippers. Hiring isaiah thomas will be a crushing blow. They seem to have alot of talent but no chemistry at all.
Warriors. see Clippers
Timberwolves.
Bobcats.
Bucks
Raptors. Having their star player rumored to be disgruntled is not a good sign for a team trying to get into the playoffs.
Kings. Nocioni said it himself. The Kings are more interested with financial concerns than with building a winning organization. I belief a number 1 pick won't help too much at this point.

So whats your opinion?

The Bobcats have a plan. Next year they are a playoff team if they keep Felton, which they want to do. Diaw, Okafor, and Wallace are still young (26), Felton is 24, and Augustin is only 21. They have a nice young nucleus and they are only going to get better as they play together more. Once they completely learn Larry Brown's system, they are going to be pretty good. They may not have a franchise player, but they play as a team, on offense and defense.

pd7631
03-26-2009, 08:06 PM

I gotta disagree with you on this one. The Grizzlies have never seemed to have a plan since they came into the league. Seriously, they've been in "build" mode they're entire existance and I don't see anything that says they're moving in the right direction. They're loaded with young talented pieces, but they have nobody to mesh the whole thing together, and the FO there seems content with just moving forward without any sense of direction.

The 76ers seem to be going in the "contender....eventually" role. But I'm not sure they are good or not. Andre Miller is underrated, and I've always liked Iguodala, but beyond that i don't kno if they are a piece away from contending (btw that Elton Brand signing doesn't look good so far).

The Sixers have already developed and executed their plan. It started with trading AI, then trading Kyle Korver to clear cap space, then they signed Elton Brand and Andre Iguodala to long term deals. I think that the Sixers need a full season with Elton Brand to truly determine whether signing him was a success or a failure. But at this point the Sixers plan for success is in place it may just need some minor tweaks to get it right. Will be successful or not? I don't know. But I think a full season with Elton Brand next year will answer most of the questions people have about this team.

pd7631
03-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Do the Bulls have a plan?

To me they seem just like the Bobcats, and Grizzlies in a way. They just constantly acquire lottery picks, so they have a ton of good young players, but they never part with any of them to try and get a guy that they need.

I guess now that they have Derrick Rose, they finally have that guy on their team that they can say "this is our guy, whatever we do moving forward has to revolve around him", and they didn't really have that before.

The Bulls probably go about 12 deep with quality players, which is 4 too many in my opinion. So from the outside looking in, I think they really need to part with 3-4 of their guys to get a post presence.

Also, when I watch the Bulls I really can't figure out their identity(the way they want to play). I think that if they want to develop into a contender they have to decide what kind of team they are.

I'm not a Bulls fan, but from the outside I think that these are the players they should keep:

Derrick Rose, John Salmons, Joakim Noah or Tyrus Thomas, and Luol Deng.

They gotta find a way to make a trade to get themselves a quality offensive post player if they ever want to utilize Derrick Rose's potential to the fullest. Hopefully, for Chicago fan's sake, the FO in Chicago can find a way to finally part with some of their young talent to try and get an All Star.

pd7631
03-26-2009, 08:47 PM
the kings plan is too build around a nice nucleus of blake griffin, hawes, thompson, and kevin martin.

they'll sign a point guard or draft one with houston's pick. Sounds like a good plan to me.

That's kind of a bad plan considering you're saying that they're building around someone not even on their team.....

you'd probably be better off saying that they're plan is to build around Kevin Martin, Hawes, Thompson, and whoever they get in the draft, instead of just assuming that they'll get Blake Griffin

Kyle N.
03-26-2009, 10:10 PM

They aren't going to relocate. They're going to build a new arena.

abe_froman
03-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Do the Bulls have a plan?

To me they seem just like the Bobcats, and Grizzlies in a way. They just constantly acquire lottery picks, so they have a ton of good young players, but they never part with any of them to try and get a guy that they need.

I guess now that they have Derrick Rose, they finally have that guy on their team that they can say "this is our guy, whatever we do moving forward has to revolve around him", and they didn't really have that before.

The Bulls probably go about 12 deep with quality players, which is 4 too many in my opinion. So from the outside looking in, I think they really need to part with 3-4 of their guys to get a post presence.

Also, when I watch the Bulls I really can't figure out their identity(the way they want to play). I think that if they want to develop into a contender they have to decide what kind of team they are.

I'm not a Bulls fan, but from the outside I think that these are the players they should keep:

Derrick Rose, John Salmons, Joakim Noah or Tyrus Thomas, and Luol Deng.

They gotta find a way to make a trade to get themselves a quality offensive post player if they ever want to utilize Derrick Rose's potential to the fullest. Hopefully, for Chicago fan's sake, the FO in Chicago can find a way to finally part with some of their young talent to try and get an All Star.

they tried going after amare at the trade deadline pretty hard,and have acquired a ton of '10 expirings,so from that it looks like they do have something in mind.

though with the play recently of some of the players and finding themselves in the playoffs.i fear that it might change them to stay static once again(i really hope they dont)

GoatMilk
03-27-2009, 01:23 AM
lol Clippers and W's in a runaway

CityofTreez
03-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Come On.

This is the Knicks Plan: Hope lebron comes 2 save the day!

The Kings have Thompson, Martin, Hawes and a potential #1 pick. The only thing that stabnd out is our former coach, who will likely leave next year. Screw Nocioni-who cares about that guy-he is from argentina-word is nothing.

This thread is too much. Saying teams don't have plans-then why are their Executive GM's in the NBA?

It takes a couple of years to judge the future. Look at the Knicks w/ Thomas-now look at them w/ Dantoni. Improved and all it took was a new coach who (somewhat) knows how to play the roster.

Seriously, What is the Knick's Plan?
-Lee most consistent/inconsistent player in the NBA
-Mike Dantoni improves every year with a young team w/ players like Larry Hughes (hopefully you guys dump him)
-Dump all contracts until you get money for Lebron,Wade,Bosh,Nash? (what happens w/ Robinson & Chandler and your young, athletic players)

Hawkeye15
03-27-2009, 03:21 PM
The Wolves have Al Jefferson, Kevin Love, Randy Foye, all under 26 years old. No deal except Jefferson is longer than 2 more years, they have expiring deals in Collins, Shelden Williams, Bobby Brown, and Juwan Howards deal coming off, and Cardinal and Mike Miller next season, with 4 first round picks this season. I think that is plenty to build on

LTS
03-27-2009, 06:24 PM
So I gotta say anyone hoping to sign Lebron in 2010 obviously does not have a solid plan

jkiddvc20
03-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Nets enough said.

pd7631
03-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Nets enough said.

no.....that's really not enough said

NYK|NYY
03-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Whoever think the Knick's plan is going to backfire is wrong in my opinion, if they don't net one of the big FA, they will have enough cap room that they can't really go wrong. They are a lot smarter with there investments than they were 3-4 years ago.

ggg
03-27-2009, 10:40 PM
warriors have a plan, its just too unorthodox cuz of nelly's principles but they got plans. i do hope though that isiah turn the clipps around.

jrilla1210
03-28-2009, 09:59 AM
With a plan
Bobcats,Thunder,Pacers,Kings,Grizzlies,Nets,Bulls

Without a plan
Knicks,Clippers,Warriors,Bucks,

Nate David+ Co.
03-28-2009, 10:40 AM
No, the knicks have a plan. Last they didnt have one and the yr before they didnt have one, but this yr they do. Trying to build a young team and save some money for a Superstar is a plan. If the knicks had kept Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford, they would in the playoffs....they made those trades for a reason.

illhoops
03-28-2009, 11:40 AM
I think the Bobcats have a plan. They have a nice young team with a lot of talent. They just need to put it together. Felton is great, but then you have DJ Augustin who probably has the starting job waiting for him. I think that was the plan until Felton stepped it up this year. But you have Felton, Diaw, Wallace, and Okafor. They definitely have a plan.

Follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/illhoops