PDA

View Full Version : Cage Blog: Who is the Rookie of the Year?

Wrigleyboy25
03-26-2009, 02:01 PM
http://images.prosportsdaily.com/prosportsdaily/blogs/headshot-cage.jpg

This week's blog debates the rookie of the year candidates. Be sure to make your voice heard after reading his blog in the comment section of it:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/blogs/the-rookie-race-26032009.html

REALLYYYYY?
03-27-2009, 02:06 AM
i say pikachu for sure.

illhoops
03-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Nice post Cage.

Gotta go with Rose though. And no bias here. But since he's been in Chicago,, he's been giving an opportunity that he hasn't failed on. No way this team would be tied for 7th seed in East without him. And their "leader" Deng has missed and extended amount of time. Hinrich has missed a lot of the season. And you have mid season trades. And you mean to tell me the Bulls are in playoff contention? No doubt about guys.

Rose ROY

Follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/illhoops

HeyHiHello
03-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Rose for his team closing in on a Eastern play-off spot, I really like Brook Lopez though.

maverick1155
03-30-2009, 02:27 AM
rose

cubs0707
03-30-2009, 02:42 AM
ROSE 4 sure. hell b the best pg in 3 years

BrizzleBear
03-30-2009, 03:02 AM
Should be rose and if he makes the playoffs there should be no question about it.

patevish
03-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Rose has the best team than any other rookie talent wise and the East is **** after 6th place. Making the playoffs with a under .500 record with a talented team the Bulls have doesn't deserve Rose the ROY honours in my opinion. MAYO leads all rookies in ppg and rpg. If Mayo was drafted to the Bulls ( which is inevitable to say still but for discussion wise), they would have the 6th spot locked down.

1. Mayo
2. Gordon
3. Rose
4. Lopez

klvanzu
03-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Rose has the best team than any other rookie talent wise and the East is **** after 6th place. Making the playoffs with a under .500 record with a talented team the Bulls have doesn't deserve Rose the ROY honours in my opinion. MAYO leads all rookies in ppg and rpg. If Mayo was drafted to the Bulls ( which is inevitable to say still but for discussion wise), they would have the 6th spot locked down.

1. Mayo
2. Gordon
3. Rose
4. Lopez

It doesn't matter how bad the east is, it's a terrible argument. The Bulls have been whipping up on the west plenty lately and great teams in the East. Rose is leading a team that has had major injuries to big time players, a number of personnel changes mid season, and is being lead by a rookie head coach. He also playing the hardest transitioning position from college to the NBA and doing an awesome job.

Where are you getting your information from? Mayo doesn't lead in rpg among guards, let alone all rookies. Rose averages the same amount of rebounds, as a point guard lol. Sure, Mayo leads in scoring but he's a shooting guard. He's supposed to score more, just like Rose averages many more assists because he's a point guard. Stats-wise you can make a case for either one, but Mayo has dropped off considerably since the all-star break. He's only shot over 50% from the field in two games since the break, and his numbers for March have dipped to the tune of 14ppg, 3.4apg, 2.3rpg, while shooting just 42% from the field. Meanwhile Rose is averaging 16.4ppg, 4.6rpg, 5.9apg, while shooting 46% from the field in the middle of the Bulls playoff hunt. And, if you honestly think Mayo would make the Bulls a better team you don't have an ounce of logical thinking in your brain. Ben Gordon is a better SG than Mayo and the Bulls are stacked at the SG position. So, how would Mayo make them better? Mayo will be better in the future than Ben Gordon, but the Bulls wouldn't be in the playoffs this year without Rose.

Mayo has had a great rookie season and he and Rose were easily the front-runners for the first three months of the season. But, the last two months Mayo has completely fallen off while Rose has continued to shine. Westbrook, Lopez, and Gordon have played better than Mayo and have entered their names in the conversation as well.

When it comes down to it Rose is the ROY. I could argue that Lopez and Westbrook deserve it over Mayo as well. Mayo's hype is all he has to hold on to these days, and it won't be enough for him to win the award.

If I'm voting for who deserves it, I go with 1. Rose 2. Westbrook 3. Lopez 4. Mayo 5. Gordon

If I'm guessing how the voting will end up, I go with 1. Rose 2. Mayo 3. Westbrook 4. Lopez 5. Gordon

KG2TB
03-31-2009, 05:30 AM
It doesn't matter how bad the east is, it's a terrible argument. The Bulls have been whipping up on the west plenty lately and great teams in the East. Rose is leading a team that has had major injuries to big time players, a number of personnel changes mid season, and is being lead by a rookie head coach. He also playing the hardest transitioning position from college to the NBA and doing an awesome job.

Where are you getting your information from? Mayo doesn't lead in rpg among guards, let alone all rookies. Rose averages the same amount of rebounds, as a point guard lol. Sure, Mayo leads in scoring but he's a shooting guard. He's supposed to score more, just like Rose averages many more assists because he's a point guard. Stats-wise you can make a case for either one, but Mayo has dropped off considerably since the all-star break. He's only shot over 50% from the field in two games since the break, and his numbers for March have dipped to the tune of 14ppg, 3.4apg, 2.3rpg, while shooting just 42% from the field. Meanwhile Rose is averaging 16.4ppg, 4.6rpg, 5.9apg, while shooting 46% from the field in the middle of the Bulls playoff hunt. And, if you honestly think Mayo would make the Bulls a better team you don't have an ounce of logical thinking in your brain. Ben Gordon is a better SG than Mayo and the Bulls are stacked at the SG position. So, how would Mayo make them better? Mayo will be better in the future than Ben Gordon, but the Bulls wouldn't be in the playoffs this year without Rose.

Mayo has had a great rookie season and he and Rose were easily the front-runners for the first three months of the season. But, the last two months Mayo has completely fallen off while Rose has continued to shine. Westbrook, Lopez, and Gordon have played better than Mayo and have entered their names in the conversation as well.

When it comes down to it Rose is the ROY. I could argue that Lopez and Westbrook deserve it over Mayo as well. Mayo's hype is all he has to hold on to these days, and it won't be enough for him to win the award.

If I'm voting for who deserves it, I go with 1. Rose 2. Westbrook 3. Lopez 4. Mayo 5. Gordon

If I'm guessing how the voting will end up, I go with 1. Rose 2. Mayo 3. Westbrook 4. Lopez 5. Gordon

Perfectly said.

RealistRocket34
04-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Derrick Rose wins by a landslide now.

#1 he's leading the Bulls to the playoffs or at least close

#2 No other rookie is really LEADING their team to the playoffs or even close to the playoffs.