PDA

View Full Version : Big win against those celtics!!

NYCkid12
03-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Huge win last night against boston...last nights game had a playoff atmosphere and towards the end of the game was getting physical..not a lot of cheap fouls called...all the elements of a playoff game...now we are in position to win the 2seed...even though we mmight face detroit I still feel confident for this playoff run....BTW MONSTER GAME for SUPERMANN 24 PTS 21 REB 4BLOCKS

dhoward#12
03-26-2009, 01:11 AM
a big tough victory for the magics.
dwight like always putting big stats :).

simpsona
03-26-2009, 10:52 AM
If i were you guys, I would want to stay in the 3rd position. I'm a Detroit fan, and even I can't understand why we own you guys. For the last several years its been because we are just better, but this season you guys are way better than us. You will lose if you play Detroit in the first round which is going to upset me believe it or not. Other than the Pistons, the Magic are my second favorite team in the east. Detroit can't beat boston or cleveland in a 7 game series, but you guys can, so I'm hoping to not face you in the first round so that a team other than those 2 will go to the finals. Good luck.

macc
03-26-2009, 11:03 AM
If i were you guys, I would want to stay in the 3rd position. I'm a Detroit fan, and even I can't understand why we own you guys. For the last several years its been because we are just better, but this season you guys are way better than us. You will lose if you play Detroit in the first round which is going to upset me believe it or not. Other than the Pistons, the Magic are my second favorite team in the east. Detroit can't beat boston or cleveland in a 7 game series, but you guys can, so I'm hoping to not face you in the first round so that a team other than those 2 will go to the finals. Good luck.

Nope I can't disagree with you there. Detroits had our number for some years now. At first I thought that I would rather avoid you guys in the playoffs but when it comes down to it I would like to play you guys just so we can get our confidence up and get over the hump. Possibly lose but I would hate not knowing who would win, I would rather just play you guys with home court advantage and see what happens.

NYCkid12
03-26-2009, 12:21 PM
I agree with macc..I would rather finish in the 2 seed and take our chances against detroit...I feel like in a 7game series we can finally beat them...it will be tough but in the long run it will help us out not only for this year but next cpl years

MagicBucsSox
03-26-2009, 12:52 PM
before u get all happy it has to be a coincidence last times we've beat em its less that 7 points and KG hasn't played

Gdubbz
03-26-2009, 01:10 PM
I watched every second of it. Alston and D12 hook up is scary. When Jameer comes back that 3 headed monster would be nasty!

EX-TREME
03-26-2009, 04:20 PM
how was the game. i missed the game.

Chazm
03-26-2009, 04:50 PM
before u get all happy it has to be a coincidence last times we've beat em its less that 7 points and KG hasn't played

I'm trying to decode your post but I think you are trying to say that we only beat the Celtics because KG hasn't played and we only won by a few points.

Well, this is true, but that's what happens in sports, players get injured. KG is still playing, though it is less minutes than usual and who cares how much we win by?

Also, we are without Jameer! Yes, Alston is a nice band-aide but I would much rather have Jameer playing. I would be happy if we could of had Nelson for 17 minutes last night.

macc
03-26-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm trying to decode your post but I think you are trying to say that we only beat the Celtics because KG hasn't played and we only won by a few points.

Well, this is true, but that's what happens in sports, players get injured. KG is still playing, though it is less minutes than usual and who cares how much we win by?

Also, we are without Jameer! Yes, Alston is a nice band-aide but I would much rather have Jameer playing. I would be happy if we could of had Nelson for 17 minutes last night.

Exactly, I could use you in the Boston forum because they don't seem to understand that point.

dhoward#12
03-26-2009, 05:33 PM
how was the game. i missed the game.

I started watching it in the 3rd quarter, Magics had a 10 point lead, in the 4th the Celtics started coming back, the Magics won by 2 points!

EX-TREME
03-26-2009, 05:37 PM
I started watching it in the 3rd quarter, Magics had a 10 point lead, in the 4th the Celtics started coming back, the Magics won by 2 points!

ok thx. might dl the game

MagicBucsSox
03-26-2009, 07:57 PM
jameer nelsons absence is far far far less felt than the reigning DPOY not being there, if of is there lewis don't score 20 and D don't get 20rebs its just the facts. And Boston plays better. Plus do we really want Detroit rd.1?

MagicBucsSox
03-26-2009, 08:02 PM

and alston is just as good as nelson. Nelson is a better scorer but RAF is a better PG. Defender and assist man

EX-TREME
03-27-2009, 02:28 PM
and alston is just as good as nelson. Nelson is a better scorer but RAF is a better PG. Defender and assist man

imo when alson is on the court the offense flows better than it did with nelson. like you said nelson is a better scorer and he is shooting in a ridiculous percentage. skip is also better defender and is a vet.

NYCkid12
03-28-2009, 03:16 AM
u guys r NUTS if u think the team is better with skip at pg...nelson became a legit pg this yr...he hit big shots in big spots...skip wont do that

Chazm
03-28-2009, 11:03 AM

I think you are just regurgitating what analyst said the day of the Alston trade. I have yet to see any impressive D out of Alston and he has just simply under performed Nelson in his spot. Just look at the stats and they prove it.

Nelson this year was averaging a .503 FG%, .453 3pt FG%, .887 FT% with 5.4 AST to 2.0 TO

Compared to Alston's (since coming over) .397 FG%, .279 3PT FG%, .696 FT% with 5.2 AST to 1.7 TO.

And I don't see how Alston is a better PG, Nelson showed this year that he can create plays. He can shoot, take it to the hole or dish it out with consistency.

Im not saying that Alston isn't helping us out with Nelson out, but to say that he is just as good as Nelson and that we aren't hurting without him is just ludicrous.

skyhibballpj87
03-29-2009, 02:11 PM
imo when alson is on the court the offense flows better than it did with nelson. like you said nelson is a better scorer and he is shooting in a ridiculous percentage. skip is also better defender and is a vet.

ok i will agree with that for the most part but there are a couple things that seperate nelson from alston. One nelson has alot better team chemistry with howard and the rest of the magic granted because aiston has only been there like a month and half but nelson plays a big part as a leader of the magic along with dwight howard.

Another them that separates the two is 4th quarter pts how many times did nelson hit a big shot aganist in a big game this season. hes scored in double digits in the 4th aganist the lakers, spurs, blazers, jazz and others. He is the main reason we have alot of our wins. When we had nelson we no longer had a big 3 we had a big 4 almost a big 5 because all 5 of our starters averaged double figures. Skip is a great replacement otis did a great job getting him. To say we are better off with him then nelson is crazy talk.

Now when we get nelson back and alston is backing up nelson our offense prob wont miss a beat and im looking forward to the games to come.

EX-TREME
03-29-2009, 03:08 PM
ok i will agree with that for the most part but there are a couple things that seperate nelson from alston. One nelson has alot better team chemistry with howard and the rest of the magic granted because aiston has only been there like a month and half but nelson plays a big part as a leader of the magic along with dwight howard.

Another them that separates the two is 4th quarter pts how many times did nelson hit a big shot aganist in a big game this season. hes scored in double digits in the 4th aganist the lakers, spurs, blazers, jazz and others. He is the main reason we have alot of our wins. When we had nelson we no longer had a big 3 we had a big 4 almost a big 5 because all 5 of our starters averaged double figures. Skip is a great replacement otis did a great job getting him. To say we are better off with him then nelson is crazy talk.

Now when we get nelson back and alston is backing up nelson our offense prob wont miss a beat and im looking forward to the games to come.

i know that nelson have a great chemestry espically with dwight. those two are like kg and steph but younger. but i didn't mean about team chemestry. what i meant is that skip is better playmaker and have a higher basketball IQ than nelson. alston is a leader to.

you are right about nelson is clutch. you are also right about meer is the reason why we win alot of our games.

can't wait for 2010 :)

Chazm
03-29-2009, 04:20 PM
^I don't agree with you on Alston being a better playmaker

EX-TREME
03-29-2009, 04:51 PM
^I don't agree with you on Alston being a better playmaker

why?

NYCkid12
03-29-2009, 10:55 PM
skip is not a better playmaker than nelson...nelson finsihes when taking the ball to the rack a lot more than skip does, that opens up more shots...to me its not even a question...jameer is a better pg than skip...better leader, better shooter, better playmaker...theres a reson why we had the best record in the NBA when Nelson was here at one point