PDA

View Full Version : Tony Gonzalez?

chadillachembre
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
On KTAR they are talking about the possibility of the Cardinals getting in on the possibility of the Tony Gonzalez sweepstakes. The Cards previously have listed TE as a priority in the offseason. What do you think? Should we work a deal?

chadillachembre
03-25-2009, 08:25 PM
I would send a 3rd rnd pick to KC for Gonzalez. I would even do a deal Boldin Pope and a 3rd for Gonzalez and their 1st. I don't know if KC would bite on it but it's worth dangling

Ramon Nivar
03-25-2009, 10:27 PM
This would be amazing. AZ had the biggest most uncoordinated TE's in the NFL last season and with Tony Gonzalez that leaves AZ 4 deep at WR with amazing guys.

NYMetros
03-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Didn't the Chiefs say they weren't going to trade Gonzalez?

EDIT:

Team chairman Clark Hunt said Monday that Tony Gonzalez will remain a Chief while Larry Johnson and Brian Waters "could return" to Kansas City next season.

"We certainly will not seek a trade for Tony," Hunt said. "I think he’s excited about the changes we’ve made here." Hunt added that he was "surprised" about Waters' release/trade request late last month and would not deny that Johnson is available in trade talks.

Rotoworld

:shrug: Wouldn't be the first time a team changed their mind. They seem pretty dead-set in keeping him a Chief though.

Ramon Nivar
03-25-2009, 11:17 PM
If someone offers them a nice enough deal they'll take it.

FreedomReigns
03-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Gonzalez would be a great pickup as long as it doesn't require a first round pick in exchange for his services. I'm content with who the Cardinals have for the moment though.

Anthony Becht appears to be a solid signing. Becht could have a breakout season in the Cardinals system. They have more pressing needs than TE. Running back is by far their weakest area and should be the main focus. I like Hightower but they still need to discover the lightning to his thunder.

hornitosmonster
03-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Didn't KTAR report that Coach Whiz and Todd Haley had a bit of a falling out? If true then don't expect Gonzalez to come to Arizona.

There were also reports that the Cardinals failed to pay assistants who left the team their Superbowl bonuses.

I wouldn't expect any business between the Cards and Chiefs

chadillachembre
03-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Didn't KTAR report that Coach Whiz and Todd Haley had a bit of a falling out? If true then don't expect Gonzalez to come to Arizona.

There were also reports that the Cardinals failed to pay assistants who left the team their Superbowl bonuses.

I wouldn't expect any business between the Cards and Chiefs

I listen to ktar almost every day for long periods of my work day. I never once heard a report that whiz and haley had a falling out. If Todd Haley thinks he can make the Chiefs a better team by dealing him to the Cards I am sure he would pull the trigger and forget about the bonus'. He would most likely get draft picks so no player with roots as a Cardinal would be involved

chadillachembre
03-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Didn't the Chiefs say they weren't going to trade Gonzalez?

EDIT:

Rotoworld

:shrug: Wouldn't be the first time a team changed their mind. They seem pretty dead-set in keeping him a Chief though.

They did say that but every sports team says that whether its true or not and TG reiterated he wish to be traded to a contender

hornitosmonster
03-28-2009, 02:06 PM
I listen to ktar almost every day for long periods of my work day. I never once heard a report that whiz and haley had a falling out. If Todd Haley thinks he can make the Chiefs a better team by dealing him to the Cards I am sure he would pull the trigger and forget about the bonus'. He would most likely get draft picks so no player with roots as a Cardinal would be involved

It was in the afternoon (between 4-5) and it was either KTAR's Gambo and Ash or 910's Bickley and MJ. I switch between the two station on the way home. And yes, they mentioned a falling out between the two.

chadillachembre
03-29-2009, 11:19 AM
It was in the afternoon (between 4-5) and it was either KTAR's Gambo and Ash or 910's Bickley and MJ. I switch between the two station on the way home. And yes, they mentioned a falling out between the two.

that would make sense cuz I don't listen to 910 at all. I just listen to KTAR online

chadillachembre
03-29-2009, 11:21 AM
epsn "INSIDER" Rumors say....

"...Extreme long shots at this point are the Cardinals and Panthers. Both of these teams have a disgruntled superstar on their hands, and a trade might be a great option to bring back some value....
For the Cardinals, it might be interesting to consider a deal that would bring Tony Gonzalez plus a player or draft pick to be named later for Anquan Boldin, but Boldin and Haley have a checkered history, which boiled over publicly during the NFC Championship Game."